Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Trofeo Year ID help

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi Trofeo Year ID help

Old 04-12-19, 07:59 PM
  #1  
Robianchi
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Trofeo Year ID help

Hi, I'm not allowed to post pics yet, so hopefully I can list enough details to be identifiable!

I have a red 50cm Bianchi Trofeo that I bought off craigslist today, from late 80's or early 90's. It is so nice to ride and the gears shift nicely, I'm psyched.

Anyway, some potential identifiers are: Most components are Campagaolo, only the silver though, not the black on the rear derailer. It says Superset 2, Fully lugged frame. Also it says, Cro-mo tubing. Synchro indexed shifters. The word Mirage is on the crank arm.

There are 8 gears in the back, a San Marco seat. Stem and handlebars are black. The handlebars say Super Europa 2 aluminum (maybe not original??) It looks like a signature of "Bianchi" in cursive on the top tube.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Robianchi; 04-12-19 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added Mirage
Robianchi is offline  
Old 04-12-19, 10:56 PM
  #2  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 3,724

Bikes: Merz X 5, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, Cinelli SC and more

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robianchi View Post
Hi, I'm not allowed to post pics yet, so hopefully I can list enough details to be identifiable!

I have a red 50cm Bianchi Trofeo that I bought off craigslist today, from late 80's or early 90's. It is so nice to ride and the gears shift nicely, I'm psyched.

Anyway, some potential identifiers are: Most components are Campagaolo, only the silver though, not the black on the rear derailer. It says Superset 2, Fully lugged frame. Also it says, Cro-mo tubing. Synchro indexed shifters. The word Mirage is on the crank arm.

There are 8 gears in the back, a San Marco seat. Stem and handlebars are black. The handlebars say Super Europa 2 aluminum (maybe not original??) It looks like a signature of "Bianchi" in cursive on the top tube.

Any help is appreciated!
Hi, welcome aboard, glad you found us.

Go around and say Hi and/or comment to get your count up then post pics. In the meantime you can tell us the color, serial number and is their a made in Japan or Italy sticker. If you provide that info there are some here that can tell you very close if not exactly what you've got.
merziac is offline  
Old 04-12-19, 11:18 PM
  #3  
Robianchi
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
Hi, welcome aboard, glad you found us.

Go around and say Hi and/or comment to get your count up then post pics. In the meantime you can tell us the color, serial number and is their a made in Japan or Italy sticker. If you provide that info there are some here that can tell you very close if not exactly what you've got.
Ah, yes, thank you.

The bike is Red, it's Made in Italy, and the serial is A300804
Robianchi is offline  
Old 04-13-19, 12:50 AM
  #4  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 3,724

Bikes: Merz X 5, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, Cinelli SC and more

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robianchi View Post
Ah, yes, thank you.

The bike is Red, it's Made in Italy, and the serial is A300804
Excellent! paging @Bianchigirll
merziac is offline  
Old 04-13-19, 06:12 AM
  #5  
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 25,541

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Robianchi View Post
Hi, I'm not allowed to post pics yet, so hopefully I can list enough details to be identifiable!

I have a red 50cm Bianchi Trofeo that I bought off craigslist today, from late 80's or early 90's. It is so nice to ride and the gears shift nicely, I'm psyched.

Anyway, some potential identifiers are: Most components are Campagaolo, only the silver though, not the black on the rear derailer. It says Superset 2, Fully lugged frame. Also it says, Cro-mo tubing. Synchro indexed shifters. The word Mirage is on the crank arm.

There are 8 gears in the back, a San Marco seat. Stem and handlebars are black. The handlebars say Super Europa 2 aluminum (maybe not original??) It looks like a signature of "Bianchi" in cursive on the top tube.

Any help is appreciated!
Good Morning and Welcome to the forums!! I would like to see pics but I suspect you have a '95 Trofeo. However if your "Synchro indexed shifters" are actually Ergo Power shifters it might be a '97. Knowing the brand of the tubing might help in differentiating between the two but it sounds like a '95 with a few changes.
__________________
Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SOLD, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape
Bianchigirll is online now  
Old 04-13-19, 09:54 AM
  #6  
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 25,541

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Pics!!!!!








__________________
Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SOLD, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape
Bianchigirll is online now  
Old 04-14-19, 07:05 PM
  #7  
Robianchi
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone! Guess it is a '95. I'm loving riding it. It's been a while since I've been on a bike!
Robianchi is offline  
Old 04-15-19, 06:46 AM
  #8  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,540
Mentioned: 408 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2368 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
While I admit that looks like a 1995 decal set, I see what appears to be a 1993 date code on the crank arm and a 1993 crankset on a 1995 model is a bit of a stretch, unless it's a replacement.
T-Mar is offline  
Old 04-21-19, 04:06 PM
  #9  
Robianchi
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar View Post
While I admit that looks like a 1995 decal set, I see what appears to be a 1993 date code on the crank arm and a 1993 crankset on a 1995 model is a bit of a stretch, unless it's a replacement.
I didn't see this but came to post this. So, unfortunately I need a new cassette because the last owner left the chain on way too long. It's fine riding, but needs to be replaced eventually. When I had someone take it off to look at the free hub, the cassette had the letters on it making it a pre '94 CampI 8 speed cassette. So.... I think you are right?
Robianchi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.