Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Box O' Crap, Series Eight (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1201885-box-o-crap-series-eight.html)

jdawginsc 09-11-21 11:36 AM

Modest take—
 
Not too much...took back one of the underside guides I now need— one stem and the clips I took because I could not fit them back in after stuffing it full again.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...649617bc9a.jpg


Ready to send!

Nwvlvtnr 09-20-21 12:28 PM

The Box in Sunny San Diego!
 
Jusy arrived!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3e0cacdfc.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e76c954af.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1003488d6.jpeg

Nwvlvtnr 09-20-21 07:00 PM

Thank you all.
 
My take:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5f750328e.jpeg

It’s like you all know me, I took a lot of stuff but put back as much as I could fit in the box and then added a whole lot of small parts in the voids between them. There is plenty of goodies to be had including many high end, exotic, and rare, all of it useful to someone.

The box is ready to ship to the next player and weighs in at 34.6 LBS. Bellow is a picture of parts I set aside to include but could not fit into the box to give an idea of what did make the cut.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...58765d6c3.jpeg

Mad Honk 09-21-21 04:50 PM

It is time once again to ask for volunteers to step up and join in the Box O' Crap fun. The box needs to keep going and it is time for new folks to play. Join us all for the "box" to keep moving along. Smiles, MH

Mad Honk 09-27-21 04:07 PM

Well Folks,
It appears the Box O' Crap has finally stalled in series eight. We have had no volunteers for a few weeks and Our fearless Crapmaster has not been sighted for a while. I am thinking about putting the "Box" in frozen storage here until a new CrapMaster can be found. The valued friends here in the world of Crap have stepped up as best they could and kept the box moving for quite some time now. But I am afraid we need a new CrapMaster at this point in time to keep the fun moving. I would respectfully request that the "Box" be sent to me until a new CrapMaster can be found. Let us all hope to see white smoke from the stacks soon. Smiles, MH

Bump for volunteers to play or new CrapMaster to step forward.

Nwvlvtnr 10-03-21 03:45 PM

Pictures of crap parts living on…
 
Who ever packed the Maillard front hub thank you, I built it into a wheel using Araya rims from an old hybrid and it complements my Sachs/ Huret Eco drive train pretty well. The hub was respaced to 96 mm and lost the retainer tabs.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a99b7b2b7.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...abe051c94.jpeg

hokiefyd 10-03-21 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by Nwvlvtnr (Post 22255446)
Who ever packed the Maillard front hub thank you, I built it into a wheel using Araya rims from an old hybrid and it complements my Sachs/ Huret Eco drive train pretty well. The hub was respaced to 96 mm and lost the retainer tabs.

I contributed a front hub with some retainer tabs, though I don't remember if it was a Maillard. If it was, it was probably from either 1981 or 1979 or thereabouts. And I'm pretty sure the one I gave was dirtier than what you're showing. If that Maillard is from that era and you did put some elbow grease into the shine...it's probably mine and I'm super happy to see it built into a wheel and rolling down the road again!

Nwvlvtnr 10-03-21 08:28 PM


Originally Posted by hokiefyd (Post 22255629)
I contributed a front hub with some retainer tabs, though I don't remember if it was a Maillard. If it was, it was probably from either 1981 or 1979 or thereabouts. And I'm pretty sure the one I gave was dirtier than what you're showing. If that Maillard is from that era and you did put some elbow grease into the shine...it's probably mine and I'm super happy to see it built into a wheel and rolling down the road again!

That had to be the one as there wasn’t much time between your custody of the box and mine it was also the only front hub in there. It can be seen in the photo of my parts take above the 1” threadless stem. Yes I shined it up a little, perhaps too much for a gas pipe Dangre Starnord.

Mad Honk 10-08-21 06:20 PM

Posting once again to ask for players to step up before the Box O' Crap goes into cold storage. Smiles, MH

noglider 10-12-21 08:54 AM


Originally Posted by Mad Honk (Post 22262954)
Posting once again to ask for players to step up before the Box O' Crap goes into clod storage. Smiles, MH

You need a whole shed to store your clods?

crandress 10-23-21 08:00 AM

Nobody wants to step up to be the new Crapmaster? Its fun, its excitement, you make crappy friends, and you get to be the all mighty! Who would not want that?

Mad Honk 12-28-21 06:41 PM

Well Chris, and all Crap players,
I am again going to try to get the BOC going forward again. I am asking for it to come to me, and it shall move forward as people sign on to have it dropped off at their door. Sign up to be the next to receive the
Box O' Crap so we can move it forward. Smiles, MH

gugie 01-20-22 02:49 PM

With the game seemingly dying out, perhaps some motivation would help. The game goes well when we have a non-burned out Crapmaster pimping the thread and keeping it on Page 1.

Perhaps it's time for me to share the letter I left in the Oval Office desk drawer for my successor several years ago.


https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/YP...iikdePlz4_pg2s

Office of the Crapmaster
TARDIS, Universe

It is with great relief that I bequeath unto you the official title of Crapmaster, BFCV. As per tradition, I include this personal note to help guide you on your journey.

Just as the only reason the Wizard of Oz had absolutely pure and full authority to lay down the law was because the Munchkins believed he was Great and Powerful, C&Ver’s must believe that you are so. It is acceptable to ask for help in making rulings when things go sideways, but a quick, firm, and unequivocal statement helps keep things in line, even if you’re unsure yourself. It is also wise to have your minions do the dirty work for you, such as calling out those that don’t publish pictures, or bogart the box.

Bottom line, you own the game. It doesn’t matter what past Crapmasters have done, you have the power to change things. I know you’ll keep what’s working. Be you. Continue from the past if you feel comfortable. If anything rubs the wrong way, feel free to change it.

You cannot make grammatical or spelling errors, those that say you did are wrong. If you inadvertently put in a past date for something that is yet to happen and get called out for it, remind those that call you out that the Great and Powerful Crapmaster has an efficient TARDIS at your disposal, even if in reality it’s a 1984 Ford Taurus with 200,000 miles on it. It’s not important that the Taurus didn’t exist before 1986, you are the Great and Powerful...you get my drift.

Go forth and lead your minions in spreading their crap and cat toys throughout the contiguous United States of America. As I stated in my very first post when Drillium Dude was herding the cats, “This sounds like a very stupid game. Sign me up.” When in doubt, fake it until you make it.
Hoping some power hungry BF C&Ver will see this and decide that they're ready to step up and lead us to the promised land of crap.

jdawginsc 01-20-22 03:15 PM

Very inspiring. I will need to be retired to take on such a momentous and somber post of power. I also need to divest myself of my humility...

Reco Very 01-20-22 04:21 PM


Originally Posted by Mad Honk (Post 22354247)
Well Chris, and all Crap players,
I am again going to try to get the BOC going forward again. I am asking for it to come to me, and it shall move forward as people sign on to have it dropped off at their door. Sign up to be the next to receive the
Box O' Crap so we can move it forward. Smiles, MH

Looks like it might be time for series eight to be put to rest.
Mad Honk is already leading so... Start series nine with new thread with Mad Honk at the helm. First post list of crapsters is an important part of the game. Just my humble crappy opinion. :D

Drillium Dude 01-20-22 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by Reco Very (Post 22381495)
Looks like it might be time for series eight to be put to rest...Mad Honk is already leading so...start series nine with new thread with Mad Honk at the helm.

Or give it a proper send-off. Some things aren't meant to be forever...

DD

nlerner 01-20-22 07:21 PM

Time to bury the BOC time-capsule style. Anyone pouring a new foundation?

Mad Honk 01-20-22 09:22 PM


Originally Posted by gugie (Post 22381361)
With the game seemingly dying out, perhaps some motivation would help. The game goes well when we have a non-burned out Crapmaster pimping the thread and keeping it on Page 1.

Perhaps it's time for me to share the letter I left in the Oval Office desk drawer for my successor several years ago.


https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/YP...iikdePlz4_pg2s

Office of the Crapmaster
TARDIS, Universe

It is with great relief that I bequeath unto you the official title of Crapmaster, BFCV. As per tradition, I include this personal note to help guide you on your journey.

Just as the only reason the Wizard of Oz had absolutely pure and full authority to lay down the law was because the Munchkins believed he was Great and Powerful, C&Ver’s must believe that you are so. It is acceptable to ask for help in making rulings when things go sideways, but a quick, firm, and unequivocal statement helps keep things in line, even if you’re unsure yourself. It is also wise to have your minions do the dirty work for you, such as calling out those that don’t publish pictures, or bogart the box.

Bottom line, you own the game. It doesn’t matter what past Crapmasters have done, you have the power to change things. I know you’ll keep what’s working. Be you. Continue from the past if you feel comfortable. If anything rubs the wrong way, feel free to change it.

You cannot make grammatical or spelling errors, those that say you did are wrong. If you inadvertently put in a past date for something that is yet to happen and get called out for it, remind those that call you out that the Great and Powerful Crapmaster has an efficient TARDIS at your disposal, even if in reality it’s a 1984 Ford Taurus with 200,000 miles on it. It’s not important that the Taurus didn’t exist before 1986, you are the Great and Powerful...you get my drift.

Go forth and lead your minions in spreading their crap and cat toys throughout the contiguous United States of America. As I stated in my very first post when Drillium Dude was herding the cats, “This sounds like a very stupid game. Sign me up.” When in doubt, fake it until you make it.
Hoping some power hungry BF C&Ver will see this and decide that they're ready to step up and lead us to the promised land of crap.


Gugie,
As much as it pains me to yet take on another duty after retiring from multiple years in a University setting, and finding myself quite comfortable being such. I will at your urging attempt to be a new Crap Master. I have very low skills at using my confuser but I will do my best to herd the cats that the Box O' Crap attract. I would ask that you contact me by phone to ascertain what I will need to do to be a Crap Master. If I can do it, I will do my best to keep the BOC moving. Thanks, MH 812-336-3283

gugie 01-20-22 09:26 PM


Originally Posted by Mad Honk (Post 22381820)
Gugie,
As much as it pains me to yet take on another duty after retiring from multiple years in a University setting, and finding myself quite comfortable being such. I will at your urging attempt to be a new Crap Master. I have very low skills at using my confuser but I will do my best to herd the cats that the Box O' Crap attract. I would ask that you contact me by phone to ascertain what I will need to do to be a Crap Master. If I can do it, I will do my best to keep the BOC moving. Thanks, MH 812-336-3283

Will call tomorrow...

ascherer 01-20-22 09:42 PM

All hail the benevolent Crap Master!

Mad Honk 01-24-22 07:11 PM


Originally Posted by gugie (Post 22381826)
Will call tomorrow...

Thanks for the call! Smiles, MH

Mad Honk 02-14-22 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by Reco Very (Post 22381495)
Looks like it might be time for series eight to be put to rest.
Mad Honk is already leading so... Start series nine with new thread with Mad Honk at the helm. First post list of crapsters is an important part of the game. Just my humble crappy opinion. :D

As per the request of Reco Very and other Crapmasters emeriti I have started Box O' Crap series nine and Box O' Crap series eight will now be retired. All who wish to play join in at BOC series nine to register. Smiles, MH

curbtender 02-18-22 09:15 PM

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ries-nine.html

Nwvlvtnr 02-21-22 02:14 PM

Gran Compe levers.
 
Late to the game here but I wanted to say thank you to whomever contributed the Gran Compe Levers. I really like them paired with Dia Compe 750s and they look great.

The incorrectly installed second hand bar tape is a stop gap, once I’m sure I like the setup the plan is shellacked cloth tape and lever hoods. Looking forward to BOC Series Nine.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b596d6719.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...da1e8ae06.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2a009c240.jpeg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.