Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Box O' Crap, Series Eight (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1201885-box-o-crap-series-eight.html)

smontanaro 09-29-20 05:10 PM

ISTR you're in IT. :)

bwilli88 09-30-20 02:52 AM

I am waiting for a package from the Netherlands since july 8, it has cleared customs but stuck in delivery processing! Ugh.

mountaindave 10-01-20 06:52 PM

BOC landed - the crappy reveal:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c18687c2a.jpeg
The crappy take
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...75759fc50.jpeg
The rest of the crap and some new crap has been sent to @noglider

My wife affectionately calls that color “Yacky Blue” and it will go on her new handlebars.

The pedal caps will go on... well pedals.

The Lambert cranks will go on a... Lambert. How convenient!

Cheerio!!

noglider 10-15-20 08:42 PM

Sorry I'm so slow, but I sent the BOC out today. I was traveling unexpectedly this week. I seem to have forgotten to take a few key pictures, namely my take from the box.

I hauled the vaunted crap to the post office with my trailer. It's hard to do stuff like that in hilly country, I must say.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...da53f71ce6.png


Pictures of the beloved box are here.

mountaindave 10-15-20 08:50 PM


Originally Posted by noglider (Post 21745279)
I hauled the vaunted crap to the post office with my trailer. It's hard to do stuff like that in hilly country, I must say.

But I’ll bet you were in a better mood afterwards :thumb:

jeirvine 10-19-20 04:27 PM

A good day, as delivered by the United States Postal Service. Can't wait to open both.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...91d1cb386d.jpg

crandress 10-19-20 04:29 PM


Originally Posted by jeirvine (Post 21750583)
A good day, as delivered by the United States Postal Service. Can't wait to open both.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...91d1cb386d.jpg

That is a good day!

jeirvine 10-29-20 08:12 AM

I failed to take a before picture, but here's my take. Box should be at nlerner's tomorrow.
(And I'm so happy for Jan Heine to have made the cover of Bicycle Quarterly!)


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...76a24cbc1e.jpg

noglider 10-30-20 10:30 AM

@jeirvine, that light is from me. The main light in it is halogen, and it has auxiliary LEDs for the standlight.

nlerner 10-30-20 11:38 AM

BOC has landed! My take:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...db2d94f509.jpg

Wow, the metal liner is a significant fabrication, amply justifying this designation:
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f675d7fa2d.jpg
@ascherer, coming to you next.

ascherer 10-31-20 09:52 AM

Lemme find my back brace...

aceves 11-04-20 04:50 PM

Hi mountaindave , great to see that you will use those Lambert cranks and BB bearings! I put those into the BoC and I am happy that someone will put them to good use! Enjoy!!

aceves

mountaindave 11-04-20 08:19 PM


Originally Posted by aceves (Post 21775426)
Hi mountaindave , great to see that you will use those Lambert cranks and BB bearings! I put those into the BoC and I am happy that someone will put them to good use! Enjoy!!

aceves

I almost took it my previous turn, but didn’t have a definite use - now I do!

ascherer 11-06-20 10:24 AM

Quick reveal:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1ca941c1a.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...089e94ffb.jpeg

Will be out of town for the weekend, so it’ll head to the next lucky Forumite Monday or Tuesday. My take will be posted then. Have a good weekend, y’all!

Mad Honk 11-06-20 05:02 PM

OH Most Magnificent and Benevolent Overlord of Crap,
I pray thee; that I might one again be visited by the Exalted Box 'O Crap. I have been crapped upon yet again by life in general but, being "crapped on" by the the exalted BOC is a most exhilarating thing. Please our Great and Munificent Crap Master, put me on the list of recipients. Your Crappy Servant, MH

ascherer 11-09-20 01:51 PM

The Box has been entrusted to the noble couriers.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...12914da5b.jpeg


My take:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...477191945.jpeg

I hope someone enjoys the fresh Crap I wedged in!

mountaindave 11-12-20 12:14 AM

I am remiss for not having properly ascribed the quote to Sarah Bentley, British cyclist. And I wasn’t very good at properly quoting her - here it is: “You are one ride away from a good mood.”

I find it to be a nearly universal truth.

ascherer 11-12-20 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by mountaindave (Post 21786557)
I am remiss for not having properly ascribed the quote to Sarah Bentley, British cyclist. And I wasn’t very good at properly quoting her - here it is: “You are one ride away from a good mood.”

I find it to be a nearly universal truth.

Thanks for adding it, it made me smile.

the sci guy 11-12-20 08:47 PM

Box arrived this evening! I may crack it open tonight but I'm going camping tomorrow afternoon for the weekend so I won't be able to send it back out until early next week. Will post pics shortly(ish)!

hokiefyd 11-13-20 08:36 AM

I'm next on the list, but there doesn't appear to be anyone after me. Chr0m0ly to whom shall I send this forth after my grubby hands have been all over it?

Pompiere 11-13-20 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by hokiefyd (Post 21788335)
I'm next on the list, but there doesn't appear to be anyone after me. Chr0m0ly to whom shall I send this forth after my grubby hands have been all over it?

If it's okay with Chr0m0ly , I can go next. I hadn't been paying attention to the list, since the movement had slowed down for a while. I've been thinking it's about time to jump back in.

Chr0m0ly 11-14-20 03:50 PM


Originally Posted by Mad Honk (Post 21778458)
OH Most Magnificent and Benevolent Overlord of Crap,
I pray thee; that I might one again be visited by the Exalted Box 'O Crap. I have been crapped upon yet again by life in general but, being "crapped on" by the the exalted BOC is a most exhilarating thing. Please our Great and Munificent Crap Master, put me on the list of recipients. Your Crappy Servant, MH


Originally Posted by Pompiere (Post 21788670)
If it's okay with Chr0m0ly , I can go next. I hadn't been paying attention to the list, since the movement had slowed down for a while. I've been thinking it's about time to jump back in.

I will go back through the posts this weekend and update the list 👍

the sci guy 11-17-20 10:21 AM

Man this thing is stuffed. Not sure I can even fit my stuff in!
IMO I think someone will need to go through and dump some stuff again - there's some busted stuff in here I don't think anyone will ever take.

I should have it shipped out today or tomorrow depending on how these virtual workshops go at work this week.

Pics:
ARRIVAL:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e453e43033.jpg

TAKE:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...65d2c2886a.jpg

Looking forward to getting it again some months down the road when the contents have turned over!
THanks again y'all.

hokiefyd 11-17-20 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 21794386)
IMO I think someone will need to go through and dump some stuff again - there's some busted stuff in here I don't think anyone will ever take.

I can do some house cleaning on it. I'll let you all know when the Eagle Has Landed.

ascherer 11-18-20 08:12 PM

I added those clips, the sci guy. Impulse buy seven years ago but too small for me, glad to see they'll get used.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.