Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Trying to identify my old bicycle

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Trying to identify my old bicycle

Old 03-27-21, 11:03 AM
  #1  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trying to identify my old bicycle

Hello everybody I have a racing bicycle but I donít know the brand!
I have only a serial number on it and a small symbol on the frame looks like a heart!
10 speed
Front derailleur: shimano
Rear derailleur : simplex
wheel size : 27 1 1/4

any ideas?

Last edited by eirini13; 03-27-21 at 05:16 PM.
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 04:40 PM
  #2  
rhenning
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,616
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 91 Times in 67 Posts
When you get 10 posts post a pictures of the bike. Roger
rhenning is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 04:49 PM
  #3  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 8,700

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2660 Post(s)
Liked 1,965 Times in 1,320 Posts
Originally Posted by eirini13 View Post
Hello everybody I have a racing bicycle but I donít know the brand!
I have only a serial number on it and a small symbol on the frame looks like a heart!
any ideas?
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

We need pics, good ones and the more the better, you need 5 posts X 2 days for 10 total to post them.

Respond to each reply you get here, go around and comment on posts that interest you to get there.
merziac is online now  
Old 03-27-21, 05:11 PM
  #4  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning View Post
When you get 10 posts post a pictures of the bike. Roger
oh my god!!!! Thanks Rogger!

Last edited by eirini13; 03-27-21 at 05:16 PM.
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 05:12 PM
  #5  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

We need pics, good ones and the more the better, you need 5 posts X 2 days for 10 total to post them.

Respond to each reply you get here, go around and comment on posts that interest you to get there.
I have to wait then!
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 05:33 PM
  #6  
WGB
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 3,435

Bikes: Astron Corsaro, Fuji Espree and Takara GT

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 415 Posts
Add two more today + 5 tomorrow.
WGB is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 05:39 PM
  #7  
CO_Hoya 
SeŮor Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 878

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 92 Posts
Pic assist


CO_Hoya is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 05:47 PM
  #8  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21,905
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4160 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,777 Times in 1,244 Posts
Are those the right photos? The OP says he doesn't know the brand but it's labelled pretty clearly.
T-Mar is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 05:52 PM
  #9  
Narhay
Senior Member
 
Narhay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,609
Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 256 Posts
I would hazard a guess it is a Fisher Lomat 3000 10 speed
Narhay is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 06:33 PM
  #10  
CO_Hoya 
SeŮor Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 878

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar View Post
Are those the right photos? The OP says he doesn't know the brand but it's labelled pretty clearly.
Good point - I took some liberty there by just posting what I found in the OP's gallery.
CO_Hoya is offline  
Old 03-28-21, 12:14 AM
  #11  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_Hoya View Post
Good point - I took some liberty there by just posting what I found in the OP's gallery.
yeah! Thatís my bike but I donít know anything about this brand!
I canít find any information
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-28-21, 07:04 AM
  #12  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21,905
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4160 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,777 Times in 1,244 Posts
Not knowing the brand and Not knowing about the brand, are two entirely diiferent things!

A drive side photo may help but I see a steel, cottered crankset, steel handlebars, brake safety levers, steel rims, nutted hubs and fork blades that are crimped to form dropouts. All these all characteristics of very low end bicycles, the type normally sold in department or hardware chain stores. As for age, the graphic and colours scheme suggest late 1980s.

I'm only aware of two Fisher brands, Gary Fisher and Fisher-Price. It is obviously neither. Based on the OP's location (Greece) and the apparent level and era, it's likely a European brand owned by a company who were having the bicycles contract manufactured and sold through some store chain, possibly their own.

A drive side photo and serial number may help to narrow down the age and possible identify the manufacturer. Hopefully, there are some European based members who may have familiarity with the brand.
T-Mar is offline  
Old 03-29-21, 01:19 AM
  #13  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar View Post
Not knowing the brand and Not knowing about the brand, are two entirely diiferent things!

A drive side photo may help but I see a steel, cottered crankset, steel handlebars, brake safety levers, steel rims, nutted hubs and fork blades that are crimped to form dropouts. All these all characteristics of very low end bicycles, the type normally sold in department or hardware chain stores. As for age, the graphic and colours scheme suggest late 1980s.

I'm only aware of two Fisher brands, Gary Fisher and Fisher-Price. It is obviously neither. Based on the OP's location (Greece) and the apparent level and era, it's likely a European brand owned by a company who were having the bicycles contract manufactured and sold through some store chain, possibly their own.

A drive side photo and serial number may help to narrow down the age and possible identify the manufacturer. Hopefully, there are some European based members who may have familiarity with the brand.
sorry you have absolutely right! My bad English!

thanks for your answer anyway!
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-30-21, 12:52 AM
  #14  
eirini13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
serial number : R90054167
eirini13 is offline  
Old 03-30-21, 05:08 AM
  #15  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21,905
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4160 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1,777 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by eirini13 View Post
serial number : R90054167
The format is typical of Taiwanese manufacturers and would appear to indicate 1990 manufacture. That's close to the original date estimate and Taiwanese manufacture was typical for this level of bicycle during this era.
T-Mar is offline  
Likes For T-Mar:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.