Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show your Dura-Ace equipped LíEroica bike.

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show your Dura-Ace equipped LíEroica bike.

Old 11-04-21, 08:30 PM
  #1  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Show your Dura-Ace equipped LíEroica bike.

Starting a Faggin Build next week (just finished a Gianni Motta), and Iím eager to build my Faggin King with Dura-Ace 7400 groupset, minus the quill stem and bars. Some NOS parts will go on. Cuirious as to how many BF members have a setup like this for these special events.

Faggin at the chrome shop. Paint to go on next week. Build to follow when paint cured.

Gianni Motta Fresh restoration
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-04-21, 10:01 PM
  #2  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,653

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked 917 Times in 633 Posts
I have a Miele Columbus SL frameset I added a Dura Ace AX groupset to.




Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Likes For Miele Man:
Old 11-04-21, 10:09 PM
  #3  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man View Post
I have a Miele Columbus SL frameset I added a Dura Ace AX groupset to.




Cheers
Nice!
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-04-21, 10:42 PM
  #4  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,653

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked 917 Times in 633 Posts
Originally Posted by Alsobay View Post
Nice!
Thanks
Miele Man is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 07:15 AM
  #5  
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,224

Bikes: Bob Jackson, Wizard, Pegoretti Duende, Merckx ProSLX, Pelizzoli, Cannondale ST, Schwinn Tempo, Schwinn Voyageur, Canyon Endurace, Richard Sachs, Davidson Discovery

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked 2,170 Times in 833 Posts
A couple:
'78 Richard Sachs, 7400 6 speed, 7403 freehub wheel with HG cogs and custom spacers by MTB, mid 80's Deore crankset polished and pantographed with the DA logo to run either as a compact double or triple.

Another '78, this one a custom Davidson with early Dura Ace group. Modern rims have replaced the original hookless Concaves and there are Tektrop calipers and 1050 non-aero levers for events with steep downhills like Cino and Eroica.


An '84 Eddy Merckx Pro SLX. Dura Ace 7403 with a Sugino TD compact crankset. Will only run 25's so not for the faint hearted on gravel.


'87 Schwinn Tempo, respray by Jack at Franklin Frames. DA 7700 with a set of ten speed shifters. This one will take 28's and has a compact crank that can be run as a triple.



Pelizzoli custom, made for me by Sr. P in 2015. Has been to both Cino and Eroica. Now running 650B wheels with 38's, DA 7700.
__________________
Hard at work in the Secret Underground Laboratory...
rccardr is offline  
Likes For rccardr:
Old 11-05-21, 07:34 AM
  #6  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 19,635

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5542 Post(s)
Liked 2,508 Times in 1,612 Posts
Good thread. I have a project on the drawing board for an eroica bike with first gen dura ace components (other than the crank as I want to use a 110/74 bcd crank). I have the frame in hand (a reynolds 531 Libertas) and many of the components (dura ace brakes, long cage crane RD, dura ace FD). I do need to track down a wheel set with dura ace hubs though (or build a set). The bike can take 32c tires comfortably. The gearing will have 50/34 crank (shimano deore) with a 13-32 7 speed freewheel.
bikemig is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 07:57 AM
  #7  
Tomm Willians
Senior Member
 
Tomm Willians's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Nevada County, California
Posts: 669

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 213 Posts
My 87 Wilier Triestina Ramato with Dura Ace. Somewhere in its life the Campy was pulled off but I love the indexing ! Was hoping to ride my first Eroica in California this year but Ö.
Tomm Willians is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 08:01 AM
  #8  
fabiofarelli
Senior Member
 
fabiofarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 555

Bikes: Especialy Alan, but also Empella, Cascarsi, Gazelle, Bianchi, CJV, Sirocco, Berkers etcetera

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 287 Posts
Only my last Eroica, this year in Limburg, was on a DA-equipped bicycle.





I changed the tyres for gumwalls.



Other Eroica's I rode most of the time with 600 Arabesque or Campa GS.
fabiofarelli is offline  
Likes For fabiofarelli:
Old 11-05-21, 10:07 AM
  #9  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
Good thread. I have a project on the drawing board for an eroica bike with first gen dura ace components (other than the crank as I want to use a 110/74 bcd crank). I have the frame in hand (a reynolds 531 Libertas) and many of the components (dura ace brakes, long cage crane RD, dura ace FD). I do need to track down a wheel set with dura ace hubs though (or build a set). The bike can take 32c tires comfortably. The gearing will have 50/34 crank (shimano deore) with a 13-32 7 speed freewheel.
These projects are so satisfying to finish and addictive to continue. I donít see myself stopping anytime soon. Wishing you success and satisfaction on your project.
Alsobay is offline  
Likes For Alsobay:
Old 11-05-21, 10:08 AM
  #10  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
A couple:
'78 Richard Sachs, 7400 6 speed, 7403 freehub wheel with HG cogs and custom spacers by MTB, mid 80's Deore crankset polished and pantographed with the DA logo to run either as a compact double or triple.

Another '78, this one a custom Davidson with early Dura Ace group. Modern rims have replaced the original hookless Concaves and there are Tektrop calipers and 1050 non-aero levers for events with steep downhills like Cino and Eroica.


An '84 Eddy Merckx Pro SLX. Dura Ace 7403 with a Sugino TD compact crankset. Will only run 25's so not for the faint hearted on gravel.


'87 Schwinn Tempo, respray by Jack at Franklin Frames. DA 7700 with a set of ten speed shifters. This one will take 28's and has a compact crank that can be run as a triple.



Pelizzoli custom, made for me by Sr. P in 2015. Has been to both Cino and Eroica. Now running 650B wheels with 38's, DA 7700.
Beautiful collection.
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 10:09 AM
  #11  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by fabiofarelli View Post
Only my last Eroica, this year in Limburg, was on a DA-equipped bicycle.





I changed the tyres for gumwalls.



Other Eroica's I rode most of the time with 600 Arabesque or Campa GS.
Beautiful photos. That last one looks like a ton of fun was had.
Alsobay is offline  
Likes For Alsobay:
Old 11-05-21, 10:10 AM
  #12  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by fabiofarelli View Post
Only my last Eroica, this year in Limburg, was on a DA-equipped bicycle.





I changed the tyres for gumwalls.



Other Eroica's I rode most of the time with 600 Arabesque or Campa GS.
Beautiful photos. That last one looks like a ton of fun was had.
Alsobay is offline  
Likes For Alsobay:
Old 11-05-21, 11:58 AM
  #13  
bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger
 
bargo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fairfax, California
Posts: 446

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 224 Posts
Not been to a L'Eroica event, but I'm guessing this would qualify. It's a mid eighties Zunow Road Racer. 54.5 cm squared with a full Dura Ace 7400 group. Interestingly, it has Araya 27 inch rims instead of 700c. It also has Shimano EF dropouts with single braze-ons for fenders. Acquired from Craigslist back in 2020 from a dealer of "Eroica" bikes. Nice gentleman over in Richmond. It's a nice-weather bike for me.



bargo68 is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 12:04 PM
  #14  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bargo68 View Post
Not been to a L'Eroica event, but I'm guessing this would qualify. It's a mid eighties Zunow Road Racer. 54.5 cm squared with a full Dura Ace 7400 group. Interestingly, it has Araya 27 inch rims instead of 700c. It also has Shimano EF dropouts with single braze-ons for fenders. Acquired from Craigslist back in 2020 from a dealer of "Eroica" bikes. Nice gentleman over in Richmond. It's a nice-weather bike for me.




Absolute beauty of a Bike!
Thank you for sharing.
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 12:08 PM
  #15  
Roger M 
Senior Member
 
Roger M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snohomish, WA.
Posts: 2,884
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 561 Posts
1986 Jeff Lyon

Missing a couple of key items to be full Dura Ace(crankset/brake levers/hubs). However, I running 74000 era derailleurs and brakes, along with 7700 shifters. Ihave a 9 speedcassette on Chris King hubs. The Zinn cranks were there from the previous owner.


Last edited by Roger M; 11-05-21 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Title
Roger M is offline  
Likes For Roger M:
Old 11-05-21, 12:22 PM
  #16  
bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger
 
bargo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fairfax, California
Posts: 446

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Alsobay View Post
Absolute beauty of a Bike!
Thank you for sharing.
My pleasure! Many beautiful bikes so far.
bargo68 is offline  
Likes For bargo68:
Old 11-05-21, 12:28 PM
  #17  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M View Post
Missing a couple of key items to be full Dura Ace(crankset/brake levers/hubs). However, I running 74000 era derailleurs and brakes, along with 7700 shifters. Ihave a 9 speedcassette on Chris King hubs. The Zinn cranks were there from the previous owner.

Looks like your on your way with a great start! Beautiful bike.
Alsobay is offline  
Likes For Alsobay:
Old 11-05-21, 12:29 PM
  #18  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bargo68 View Post
My pleasure! Many beautiful bikes so far.
Yes there is. Interesting how most are framesets from small builders. I like that.
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 12:45 PM
  #19  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,926

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7257 Post(s)
Liked 7,738 Times in 3,942 Posts
1982 Lotus Supreme, with full 7200 Dura Ace kit. I switched out the Dyna Drive pedals for PD-7401 clipless, but I still have them, if I wanted to use 'em.

__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is online now  
Likes For genejockey:
Old 11-05-21, 01:34 PM
  #20  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
1982 Lotus Supreme, with full 7200 Dura Ace kit. I switched out the Dyna Drive pedals for PD-7401 clipless, but I still have them, if I wanted to use 'em.

The lugs on the head tube! Jewelry!! New rims? The brake tracks look in amazing condition.
Alsobay is offline  
Likes For Alsobay:
Old 11-05-21, 02:09 PM
  #21  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,926

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7257 Post(s)
Liked 7,738 Times in 3,942 Posts
Originally Posted by Alsobay View Post
The lugs on the head tube! Jewelry!! New rims? The brake tracks look in amazing condition.
Not new! The rear wheel came with the bike, and the front was bought on Ebay. Just lucky, I guess! Currently, though, this bike is sporting a tubular wheelset that I got for $50 on Facebook Marketplace.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is online now  
Likes For genejockey:
Old 11-05-21, 02:22 PM
  #22  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
Not new! The rear wheel came with the bike, and the front was bought on Ebay. Just lucky, I guess! Currently, though, this bike is sporting a tubular wheelset that I got for $50 on Facebook Marketplace.
Ahhhh, tubulars what are your thoughts after using them. Iím just now going to start using them. I purchased a collection of six or seven sets, canít recall the exact number. Waiting on an order or tubulars and tape to mount up. Might sell some wheel sets on to offset the cost of my builds🙂.
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 02:33 PM
  #23  
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?
 
genejockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 12,926

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7257 Post(s)
Liked 7,738 Times in 3,942 Posts
Originally Posted by Alsobay View Post
Ahhhh, tubulars what are your thoughts after using them. Iím just now going to start using them. I purchased a collection of six or seven sets, canít recall the exact number. Waiting on an order or tubulars and tape to mount up. Might sell some wheel sets on to offset the cost of my builds🙂.
To be honest, I went cheap on the tires - 700x22 Conti Giros, so perhaps not the best test. They don't feel magical, and yet I find myself using that wheelset instead of the clincher ones. When these are ready to be replaced, I may go upmarket a bit. Maybe not so skinny, too.
__________________
"Don't take life so serious-it ain't nohow permanent."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
genejockey is online now  
Likes For genejockey:
Old 11-05-21, 02:38 PM
  #24  
Alsobay
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey View Post
To be honest, I went cheap on the tires - 700x22 Conti Giros, so perhaps not the best test. They don't feel magical, and yet I find myself using that wheelset instead of the clincher ones. When these are ready to be replaced, I may go upmarket a bit. Maybe not so skinny, too.
Same here. Cheap. Vittoria Rally. $21
Alsobay is offline  
Old 11-05-21, 04:31 PM
  #25  
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,480

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1990 Post(s)
Liked 3,215 Times in 1,353 Posts
For about ten years I have owned this Speedwell Titalite, which is way too small for me. I haven't been able to bring myself to strip it and use the beautiful first generation Dura-Ace black on another build because it looks so good on this frame.

Yes, I am an idiot.

__________________
Perhaps.










non-fixie is offline  
Likes For non-fixie:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.