Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What's in your tool roll?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What's in your tool roll?

Old 03-04-22, 08:41 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Colorado
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 21 Posts
What's in your tool roll?

Confession: so I've arrived in this forum via the world of, shall we say, more modern bike technology in which a single multi-tool with hex keys and maybe a torx or two were the norm for most roadside repairs, more recently supplemented with things like tubeless plugs. I now find myself bundling a bunch of rather large wrenches from my shop, odd sized SAE or Whitworth hexes AND my old multitool into a saddle roll or handlebar bag to ride my C&V steed and wondering is there some sort of super-secret C&V multi-tool I'm missing out on? Is everyone riding to the jingle jangle of loose wrenches? How do others weight whether or not to bring whatever modified socket I've used to tighten older style crank bolts?

I'm sure much of this is down to personal preference, risk tolerace and whether there is someone who will come pick you up when you're 30 miles away with a mechanical, but in short, what do others bring on a normal 1-day ride? What's in your tool roll? Pictures most welcome!
67Carlton is offline  
Old 03-04-22, 09:00 PM
  #2  
Fuji Fan
 
beech333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oswego, Il
Posts: 1,941

Bikes: Was Fuji and got my grails (Pro, Pro SR, Design Series, & Ti). Now I hunt 50's and older road bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 106 Posts
patch kit
smallest crescent wrench I can find
chain breaker
tire levers
old Ritchey multi tool
5 allen keys on a keyring
beech333 is offline  
Old 03-04-22, 09:46 PM
  #3  
Banned.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snohomish, WA.
Posts: 2,997
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,438 Times in 646 Posts
Depending on what bike I'm going out on. Here it's set up for a 70s bike with Suntour derailleurs.

5/16&10mm wrenches(Allen set for new rigs)
Tire levers
Spare tube(2 if a long day)
Patch kit
Spoke wrench
zip ties
figs
Tylenol or ibuprofen
couple bucks(also have used for tire boot)

Roger M is offline  
Likes For Roger M:
Old 03-04-22, 09:51 PM
  #4  
señor miembro
 
SurferRosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 8,740

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3833 Post(s)
Liked 6,404 Times in 3,166 Posts
Nobody "wants" it, but for a while now, I've been trying to "rid" a Ritchey cpr-14, a 78 gram chromo multi-tool with 5 allen keys, 4 box wrenches, 2 spoke wrenches, a chain tool, screwdriver, and bottle opener.

Personally, I just carry two tire levers and a patch kit.
SurferRosa is offline  
Old 03-04-22, 10:45 PM
  #5  
Disciple of St. Tullio
 
Choke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 738

Bikes: Ciöcc, Bianchi, DeRosa, Eddy Merckx, Frejus, Hampsten, Kondor, Losa, Magni, Pegoretti, Pelizzoli, Pogliaghi, Scapin

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 136 Posts
3 tubes
patch kit
tire lever
Zeus seat post wrench
Cool Tool

Choke is offline  
Likes For Choke:
Old 03-04-22, 10:58 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 13,945

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4440 Post(s)
Liked 6,101 Times in 3,553 Posts
Originally Posted by 67Carlton
Confession: so I've arrived in this forum via the world of, shall we say, more modern bike technology in which a single multi-tool with hex keys and maybe a torx or two were the norm for most roadside repairs, more recently supplemented with things like tubeless plugs. I now find myself bundling a bunch of rather large wrenches from my shop, odd sized SAE or Whitworth hexes AND my old multitool into a saddle roll or handlebar bag to ride my C&V steed and wondering is there some sort of super-secret C&V multi-tool I'm missing out on? Is everyone riding to the jingle jangle of loose wrenches? How do others weight whether or not to bring whatever modified socket I've used to tighten older style crank bolts?

I'm sure much of this is down to personal preference, risk tolerace and whether there is someone who will come pick you up when you're 30 miles away with a mechanical, but in short, what do others bring on a normal 1-day ride? What's in your tool roll? Pictures most welcome!
Too much, I always go overboard, recently upped the capacity quite a bit, yet had to jettison a slimline Stanley 6 in. Crescent, not replaced by but backed up by a 4 in. with a sleeve for handle extension and clearenced jaws so it can get on 15 mm pedal flats if needed. Leatherman for pliers and a good knife, Topeak Ailien II multi tool with chain breaker, mini pump that is also C02 capable, zip ties, duct tape, patch kit, tube and a frame pump too.

I rarely need any of this but on the rare occasion that I leave any of it out, I will need some of it and be lucky if its not the thing I left behind.

The old adage always applies, if you have it, you won't need it, if you don't have it, well....

I always haul it all anyway, so I won't need it.
merziac is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 02:47 AM
  #7  
Banned.
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PAZ
Posts: 12,394
Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
Liked 4,822 Times in 1,709 Posts
Park hex key tool
Campy cone wrenches x 2
Park patch kit
Victorinox Swiss Card
Valve core removal tool
Park tire boots x 2
Spare tubes x 2
CO2 cartridges x 2
CO2 inflation device
Sport tire lever set
Ziploc bags x 2
Red shop rag
An old sock

DD
Drillium Dude is offline  
Likes For Drillium Dude:
Old 03-05-22, 06:12 AM
  #8  
iab
Senior Member
 
iab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NW Burbs, Chicago
Posts: 12,113
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2979 Post(s)
Liked 3,625 Times in 1,371 Posts
First of all, I am disappointed in the quality of porn displayed so far in a thread called "What's in your tool roll"

But for me - Spare tubular, pretty small multi-tool, small crescent, 3-ounce Stan's, CO2 gun and 2 cartridges.

XCR 028 by iabisdb, on Flickr

Cinelli_Model_B 057 by iabisdb, on Flickr

Frejus085 by iabisdb, on Flickr
iab is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 08:11 AM
  #9  
Not lost wanderer.
 
bwilli88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lititz, Pa
Posts: 3,345

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 957 Times in 506 Posts
I just tore this bike down as I am bringing it back to Pennsylvania this week. The roll is an Acorn one and carries enough to fix or replace just about everything on this bike. Since it is packed already, I cannot take a recent picture to show any changes I have made. Also, the bike is now a flat bar bike and the rando bars have moved on to another bike.



Here it is as a flat bar bike.
bwilli88 is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 08:56 AM
  #10  
Banned.
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 335 Posts
Jelly beans.
$20
Tube
CO2+inflator
Mask
Chamois Butter
Lever
J.O.B. 1.25’s

Last edited by bamboobike4; 03-06-22 at 08:33 PM.
bamboobike4 is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 09:21 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Classtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,630

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1906 Post(s)
Liked 1,907 Times in 1,060 Posts
I have yet to figure out C&V take-a-long tools. An MT-1 and fingers crossed usually does it. If I've been playing with brakes I'll take along an 8 and 9mm.


For Eroica like rides.
Plus tire stuff.

Who makes the the nicest little adjustable wrench these days? Some I've picked up are kinda loose.

I have higher priorities for $100 but this is on eBay now


Cool Tool

Last edited by Classtime; 03-05-22 at 10:15 AM.
Classtime is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 09:30 AM
  #12  
Mad bike riding scientist
 
cyccommute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 27,214

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6116 Post(s)
Liked 4,036 Times in 2,293 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
First of all, I am disappointed in the quality of porn displayed so far in a thread called "What's in your tool roll"
Tool porn. I carry this on every ride from commuting to mountain biking to bikepacking to multi week tours. With the exception of the chain tool and Fiber Fix, every item in the picture has been used to repair something on the road.


__________________
Stuart Black
Plan Epsilon Around Lake Michigan in the era of Covid
Old School…When It Wasn’t Ancient bikepacking
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!



cyccommute is online now  
Likes For cyccommute:
Old 03-05-22, 09:56 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,336
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,895 Times in 889 Posts
If I'm riding one of the old English bikes, then:

Tube, patch kit, tire lever, adj. wrench, plastic bag

Otherwise:

Tube, patch kit, tire levers, multi-tool

I also bring a frame pump.
BFisher is offline  
Likes For BFisher:
Old 03-05-22, 10:28 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
zandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bastrop Texas
Posts: 4,329

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 1,507 Times in 973 Posts
I like these threads as I am constantly seeking to improve my carry. This is what I carry in my water bottle for local rides of 10 to 15 miles. That is walking distance if necessary. I ride old paved back roads of torn up asphalt. I stay local so I don't need allot of water and my bikes have fittings for two water bottles. This set would be much different if I was touring or going deep. There is just enough room in the bottle for my tools and a small road rash zip lock.






Note: It took allot for me to belay my Park MT-1 and Park CT-5, but all the gizmos on my multi tool work so I gave them up for the Distributor Pliers.
__________________
No matter where you're at... There you are... Δf:=f(1/2)-f(-1/2)

Last edited by zandoval; 03-05-22 at 10:38 AM.
zandoval is online now  
Likes For zandoval:
Old 03-05-22, 01:00 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Vintage_Cyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 1,629

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 400 Times in 171 Posts
Current routine ride kit to cover multiple bikes:

Left Column: Mini leatherman-type pliers tool, Park spoke wrench, some duct tape wrapped around an old plastic card, zip ties, VAR tire levers

Middle Column: Black earbud case in which goes: Rema patches (in small Altoid tin) & glue, 7/9 speed quick links, valve adapter. (the soda can flip tab perfectly fits the nuts on Suntour barcons)

Right Column: Banjo Bros medium bag, gold earbud case in which goes small screwdriver small adj wrench, 3/4/5/6 hex keys

Tire size gets swapped depending on bike used. Frame pump on the bike.

Vintage_Cyclist is offline  
Likes For Vintage_Cyclist:
Old 03-05-22, 07:48 PM
  #16  
Disciple of St. Tullio
 
Choke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 738

Bikes: Ciöcc, Bianchi, DeRosa, Eddy Merckx, Frejus, Hampsten, Kondor, Losa, Magni, Pegoretti, Pelizzoli, Pogliaghi, Scapin

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
Who makes the the nicest little adjustable wrench these days? Some I've picked up are kinda loose.

I have higher priorities for $100 but this is on eBay now


Cool Tool
The jaws on the Cool Tool are nice because they taper quickly and can be used as a cone wrench.

Regarding the one posted for sale, it's a plus that is has the headset and BB adapters. I've never used them so I don't know for sure but I think using it on a BB would be a stretch, though it probably would work OK with a headset. On the negative side, that one is missing the 14mm socket which has flats so it can be turned by the CT. Also, the two allen wrenches are not original, they are the same size at both ends while one end (on the long side) should have a smaller end and one should be a Phillips - compare them to the ones in my pic.
Choke is offline  
Likes For Choke:
Old 03-05-22, 08:02 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Colorado
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 21 Posts
Thanks everyone so far for sharing. Really helpful.

Originally Posted by Classtime
Who makes the the nicest little adjustable wrench these days? Some I've picked up are kinda loose.
I've been happy with the larger Lobtex adjustable I bought for my shop. I see they have a shorty version here (https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Sh...s%2C671&sr=8-6), but I can't attest to it.

Originally Posted by Choke
The jaws on the Cool Tool are nice because they taper quickly and can be used as a cone wrench.
Regarding the one posted for sale, it's a plus that is has the headset and BB adapters. I've never used them so I don't know for sure but I think using it on a BB would be a stretch, though it probably would work OK with a headset. On the negative side, that one is missing the 14mm socket which has flats so it can be turned by the CT. Also, the two allen wrenches are not original, they are the same size at both ends while one end (on the long side) should have a smaller end and one should be a Phillips - compare them to the ones in my pic.
At $100, this isn't for me, but this truly is the "super-secret C&V multi-tool" I was asking about!
67Carlton is offline  
Old 03-05-22, 10:01 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
steelbikeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 4,410
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1803 Post(s)
Liked 3,246 Times in 1,531 Posts
Originally Posted by 67Carlton
....
At $100, this isn't for me, but this truly is the "super-secret C&V multi-tool" I was asking about!
The Cool Tool is pretty remarkable for bikes of its era. How many other tools include 14mm and 15mm sockets to tighten a crank bolt?
One nice feature is that the allen wrenches can be positioned to get extra leverage for wrenching on pedals or the crank bolts.
This isn't a light tool, but it's probably competitive when compared to the tools that would be needed to perform the same functions.

A few photos of my Cool Tool...





note: the threaded portion should be tightened down before applying significant torque.


Steve in Peoria
steelbikeguy is offline  
Likes For steelbikeguy:
Old 03-05-22, 11:36 PM
  #19  
Mad bike riding scientist
 
cyccommute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 27,214

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6116 Post(s)
Liked 4,036 Times in 2,293 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
I have higher priorities for $100 but this is on eBay now


Cool Tool
That’s a bargain for that particular Cool Tool. It’s not a Gerber one but a Bob Seals original. If I didn’t already have one of the Bob Seals originals, I’d buy it. The add-ons make it even better. It is missing the socket, however.

Perhaps the only version that is more collectible is the titanium version.
__________________
Stuart Black
Plan Epsilon Around Lake Michigan in the era of Covid
Old School…When It Wasn’t Ancient bikepacking
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!



cyccommute is online now  
Old 03-05-22, 11:45 PM
  #20  
Mad bike riding scientist
 
cyccommute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 27,214

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6116 Post(s)
Liked 4,036 Times in 2,293 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
The Cool Tool is pretty remarkable for bikes of its era. How many other tools include 14mm and 15mm sockets to tighten a crank bolt?
One nice feature is that the allen wrenches can be positioned to get extra leverage for wrenching on pedals or the crank bolts.
This isn't a light tool, but it's probably competitive when compared to the tools that would be needed to perform the same functions.


Steve in Peoria
Not just for its era but for just about any era. It’s an easier to use tool than almost any multi tool invented thus far. It fits in the human hand which isn’t something that can be said about just about any other multi tool. The Fix-It-Sticks that I posted above is pretty close and works well for modern bikes that don’t have a whole lot of bolts (the adjustable wrench is mostly unneeded on most bikes).
__________________
Stuart Black
Plan Epsilon Around Lake Michigan in the era of Covid
Old School…When It Wasn’t Ancient bikepacking
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!



cyccommute is online now  
Likes For cyccommute:
Old 03-06-22, 02:37 AM
  #21  
Strong Walker
 
martl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,310

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
First of all, I am disappointed in the quality of porn displayed so far in a thread called "What's in your tool roll"

But for me - Spare tubular, pretty small multi-tool, small crescent, 3-ounce Stan's, CO2 gun and 2 cartridges.

XCR 028 by iabisdb, on Flickr

Cinelli_Model_B 057 by iabisdb, on Flickr

Frejus085 by iabisdb, on Flickr
Ahaha the old trick with the gazetta della sport! I did that, too, of course i picked a page with articles about the Giro d'Italia

That Cinelli B is a gem and that Frejus too! Be careful riding it, my 1937~ish Automoto Osgear had similar damage to the saddle, that tear near the nose, and it ripped in half while i was at a ride. The rest of the way home was unpleasant.
martl is offline  
Old 03-06-22, 03:17 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 13,945

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4440 Post(s)
Liked 6,101 Times in 3,553 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
I like these threads as I am constantly seeking to improve my carry. This is what I carry in my water bottle for local rides of 10 to 15 miles. That is walking distance if necessary. I ride old paved back roads of torn up asphalt. I stay local so I don't need allot of water and my bikes have fittings for two water bottles. This set would be much different if I was touring or going deep. There is just enough room in the bottle for my tools and a small road rash zip lock.






Note: It took allot for me to belay my Park MT-1 and Park CT-5, but all the gizmos on my multi tool work so I gave them up for the Distributor Pliers.
Before I went even further down the rabbit hole, I used this to get rid of the narrowing and fit more in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKS-Cage-Bo...5.c10#viTabs_0
merziac is offline  
Likes For merziac:
Old 03-06-22, 05:56 AM
  #23  
iab
Senior Member
 
iab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NW Burbs, Chicago
Posts: 12,113
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2979 Post(s)
Liked 3,625 Times in 1,371 Posts
Originally Posted by martl
Ahaha the old trick with the gazetta della sport! I did that, too, of course i picked a page with articles about the Giro d'Italia

That Cinelli B is a gem and that Frejus too! Be careful riding it, my 1937~ish Automoto Osgear had similar damage to the saddle, that tear near the nose, and it ripped in half while i was at a ride. The rest of the way home was unpleasant.
The saddle on the Frejus is just for show (original to the bike). I have a different one for go (Rudi made me a Frejus repop).
iab is offline  
Likes For iab:
Old 03-06-22, 06:50 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,077
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3762 Post(s)
Liked 6,410 Times in 2,539 Posts
For me, it depends on the length of the ride, but at minimum (20-50-mile rides), I bring spare tube, tire levers, pump, multitool. My multitool actually fits in the pump, and I attach it to the bike with a bracket attached to the downtube water bottle bolts. It’s this one from Oneup Components: https://www.oneupcomponents.com/collections/edc/edc
nlerner is offline  
Old 03-06-22, 08:28 AM
  #25  
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 29,621

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2869 Post(s)
Liked 2,624 Times in 1,401 Posts
Like most of you I try not to need a tool on the road so I keep it real simple. A few allens, brake tool and some wipes. This will handle most any fittings on my bikes. Since I ride both tubulars and clinchers I keep the tiniest seat pack I can find with a tube and levers on each clincher, and the customary tubular under the saddle.

It all goes in this little pouch
__________________
One morning you wake up, the girl is gone, the bikes are gone, all that's left behind is a pair of old tires and a tube of tubular glue, all squeezed out"

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 03-06-22 at 12:46 PM.
Bianchigirll is offline  
Likes For Bianchigirll:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.