Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Huffy + Campagnolo Super Record = The Ultimate C&V Sacrilege build

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Huffy + Campagnolo Super Record = The Ultimate C&V Sacrilege build

Old 05-28-23, 07:03 AM
  #1551  
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic
 
pastorbobnlnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: An Island on the Coast of GA!
Posts: 12,672

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1315 Post(s)
Liked 1,785 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Yes, and I completely understand. I hope that your concern is unfounded, but we won't really know until the bike has some miles under it in it's new clothes. Since these tubular rims don't really have great braking surfaces anyway, I'm hoping the actual braking force isn't enough to put stress on that part haha. I do sincerely appreciate the part, however, since it was one thing I didn't have to make from scratch, like so many other little doodads.

Another of this ridiculous project's main supporters voiced some concern over the durability of the seatpost as well. While I do sincerely hope that nothing fails while riding it, a failure does indicate a data point and is instructive. We don't know the limits of something until we surpass them. At that point we can re-evaluate and either change parts or do something different, incorporate design changes, etc.
Sounds as if you've been channeling Elon Musk and SpaceX.

Last edited by pastorbobnlnh; 05-28-23 at 11:07 AM.
pastorbobnlnh is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 09:47 AM
  #1552  
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer
 
RCMoeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Sounds as if you've been channeling Elon Musk and SpaceX. :thumb"
OK, I don't know what all the rest of you think, but watching the Huffy cartwheel in the air immediately prior to rapid unscheduled disassembly would indeed be something to see.
__________________
Richard C. Moeur, PE - Phoenix AZ, USA
https://www.richardcmoeur.com/bikestuf.html
RCMoeur is offline  
Likes For RCMoeur:
Old 05-28-23, 11:16 AM
  #1553  
jdawginsc 
Edumacator
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,635

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked 2,524 Times in 1,632 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Yes, and I completely understand. I hope that your concern is unfounded, but we won't really know until the bike has some miles under it in it's new clothes. Since these tubular rims don't really have great braking surfaces anyway, I'm hoping the actual braking force isn't enough to put stress on that part haha. I do sincerely appreciate the part, however, since it was one thing I didn't have to make from scratch, like so many other little doodads.

Another of this ridiculous project's main supporters voiced some concern over the durability of the seatpost as well. While I do sincerely hope that nothing fails while riding it, a failure does indicate a data point and is instructive. We don't know the limits of something until we surpass them. At that point we can re-evaluate and either change parts or do something different, incorporate design changes, etc.
The other option MH and I were talking about is cutting off a donor NR seatpost about two inches from the junction of the cradle solid section, down the tubing. Then get a sturdy BMX alloy post. Fit the 2 inches of tubing onto the BMX post and epoxy. You could even fashion a design around the joint...bondo the juncture and paint red or something.


Last edited by jdawginsc; 05-28-23 at 11:21 AM.
jdawginsc is offline  
Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 05-28-23, 12:46 PM
  #1554  
stoneageyosh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Bandon, Oregon
Posts: 137

Bikes: Dave Tesch Model 100 Custom Reynolds 753 / Custom Panasonic built by Takao Ono (1973)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Sounds as if you've been channeling Elon Musk and SpaceX.
Originally Posted by RCMoeur
OK, I don't know what all the rest of you think, but watching the Huffy cartwheel in the air immediately prior to rapid unscheduled disassembly would indeed be something to see.
Getting the Huffentenago airborne to a height that would enable a graceful(?), stylish cartwheel definitely requires the lifting power of a SpaceX booster rocket. Even though it is a Huffy, the integrity of the attached components would need assistance from some form of onboard self destruct (yes, we are talking about something that would make a loud noise with flame and smoke!) device to fully liberate them into aesthetically pleasing separate trajectories to avoid falling and landing in a disgusting heap.
stoneageyosh is offline  
Likes For stoneageyosh:
Old 05-28-23, 12:50 PM
  #1555  
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer
 
RCMoeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by stoneageyosh
Getting the Huffentenago airborne to a height that would enable a graceful(?), stylish cartwheel definitely requires the lifting power of a SpaceX booster rocket. Even though it is a Huffy, the integrity of the attached components would need assistance from some form of onboard self destruct (yes, we are talking about something that would make a loud noise with flame and smoke!) device to fully liberate them into aesthetically pleasing separate trajectories to avoid falling and landing in a disgusting heap.
That seems like a succinct RFP for the next absurd project for the C&V board. Who will be courageous enough to make it happen?
__________________
Richard C. Moeur, PE - Phoenix AZ, USA
https://www.richardcmoeur.com/bikestuf.html
RCMoeur is offline  
Likes For RCMoeur:
Old 05-29-23, 11:37 AM
  #1556  
SoCaled 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,352

Bikes: 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1983 Trek 720, 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Schwinn Circuit, 1960's Paragon, 1980's Peugeot - City, US & Canyon Express & (6), 87 Sirrus

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked 2,373 Times in 1,225 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMoeur
That seems like a succinct RFP for the next absurd project for the C&V board. Who will be courageous enough to make it happen?
the project is underway!
SoCaled is offline  
Likes For SoCaled:
Old 05-29-23, 10:47 PM
  #1557  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Well guys, I took a two-day getaway with the family in a rare bout of 'not-work-on-the-Huffy-itis', which was much needed...




The Great Sand Dunes near Alamosa, CO


It was sure nice to remember that I had a family and ignoring the Huffy for a couple days helped bring it down to earth - she's been feeling a little high and mighty with all those fancy parts getting strapped on.

I said that I'd get the bike ridable by the weekend, and well...I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm still counting it as the weekend haha.

There are just a couple things left at this point, at least to get the bike riding:

1. Clean up the paint on the seatpost parts and install
2. That darned RD cable stop

So, before we left on the trip, I did actually make some decent progress on this little part...











Our chainstay is .662, which is waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than a normal bike chainstay, so that little RD cable stop I was going to use? Yeah, not happening. But I did have this aluminum stock that's 5/16ths thick, and should do nicely. Luckily, I had this drill bit that measured .651, so we are really close on the size.
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 05-29-23, 11:00 PM
  #1558  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Unfortunately, I didn't have the right size of drill bit (.233) for the cable ferrule, but I had one that was a little smaller (basically 1/4"), and my thinking was that I'll just open it up a bit with a dremel bit, but things got messy! That is a really small hole to try to control dimensions, and I ended up having to start over in a different corner of the barstock to do another hole. This time around, I just went slightly larger. I figure it might be ever so slightly loose, but it will still hold tight up against the inside and work. I really wish I had the right size, and hindsight being 20/20, I would have tried to find a drill bit that was the exact size of just the housing and maybe even skip the ferrule. Good news is that I can possibly add an insert in the future to tighten it up if need be - no way am I making another one!


















Because the stock is thin enough that the allen head clearance is biting away at the sides, I'm probably just going to feather those away, as long as I don't end up with any sharp corners for stress risers. It will probably take a couple more hours to finesse and fine tune it, and the sides are a little bit on the 'uncomfortably thin' side, especially with .011 left to open up, but we'll see what we can do. If it fails, I have enough stock to make more, I just don't to keep remaking stuff all over the place.

Tomorrow is the day.
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!









Last edited by AdventureManCO; 05-30-23 at 11:16 PM.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 05-29-23, 11:20 PM
  #1559  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
The other option MH and I were talking about is cutting off a donor NR seatpost about two inches from the junction of the cradle solid section, down the tubing. Then get a sturdy BMX alloy post. Fit the 2 inches of tubing onto the BMX post and epoxy. You could even fashion a design around the joint...bondo the juncture and paint red or something.


This was basically the same idea I had a bit earlier on, for allowing use of a Campy seatpost. However, there are a few considerations or sticky points:

1. The seat tube diameter is 1", or 25.4mm. Campy did make a 25mm, and this would be the preferred size, to give the right illusion that the seatpost is either the same size or slightly smaller than the seat tube. If the seatpost was larger, then it would not look proportional

2. The internal diameter matters - if you go with a 25mm seatpost, and let's say the walls are 3mm thick (guesstimate), then the ID of the seatpost would be 19mm. Why this matters as it determines the fit of the 'top' of the posts (the Campy part) to the bottom donor part. There would likely not be enough material left after turning down a 7/8 seatpost (22.2mm) to 19mm to be strong enough, because if that seatpost is 3mm thick in the walls, then turning it down to the 19mm to fit the Campy bit on top of it would leave it with about a 1.5mm thick wall where the top Campy part attached.

The ideal solution would be a custom turned post, about 5" long, made from solid round barstock, turned down to 7/8", hollowed out with 2.5-3mm sidewalls, but leaving the top completely solid to turn down to the size of the ID of the Campy post you are using (roughly 19mm), then bond the two together.

3. The other factor is sizing. If you stay with a seatpost clamp to tighten the seatpost, you can hide the joint and get away with the illusion, but it also means you have to have your fit completely dialed, so that the seam or bond between the two parts is right where the seat tube ends, and where it would be hidden by the seatpost clamp. While that can eventually be figured out, it would have been very hard to do this without first having a different setup, using the saddle you want to use. I suppose you could do this with the original steel seatpost and the new/preferred saddle, and then just take really good measurements...

I like the idea, but it will absolutely be heavier than the seatpost I'm using now. So! If the seatpost I'm using now ends up failing or loosening up or whatnot, this idea above is the next best thing we got, but we will have to have someone custom make a bottom post for us. I wish I had a lathe and some stock and could just whip up something, but I'm not that talented hah!
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 05-30-23, 07:05 AM
  #1560  
Pompiere
Senior Member
 
Pompiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 3,298

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 412 Posts
In the spirit of the Huffy being a "gas pipe" frame, could you use pipe threads for the joint in the seat post? 1/2" NPT is about 7/8" diameter. I'm not saying you need to use actual gas pipe for the post, unless that is what you want.
Pompiere is offline  
Likes For Pompiere:
Old 05-30-23, 07:43 AM
  #1561  
Hondo6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SW Florida, USA
Posts: 1,247

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked 637 Times in 441 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO


Because the stock is thin enough that the allen head clearance is biting away at the sides, I'm probably just going to feather those away, as long as I don't end up with any sharp corners for stress risers. It will probably take a couple more hours to finesse and fine tune it, and the sides are a little bit on the 'uncomfortably thin' side, especially with .011 left to open up, but we'll see what we can do. If it fails, I have enough stock to make more, I just don't to keep remaking stuff all over the place.

Tomorrow is the day.
I'm sure you have far more experience in metalworking than I do - but I'll raise the issue anyway.

Aluminum cracks easily when bent. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to flex that clamp enough to get it over the chainstay and then flex it back without one or both sides bending, then possibly cracking when bent back.

If that turns out to be a problem, something along these lines might work as a backup design:




A bolt would then hold all three parts together and provide the clamping force. One end of the clamp could be threaded, or a through-bolt and locknut could be used.

Plug would need to be approx the diameter of the chainstay. Cut widths would likely need to be narrow to avoid bending the alloy much (or maybe a very thin washer used on one or both cuts if wider cuts are required). Sides might need to be "beefed up" a bit at the clamp end.

Again: hope I'm wrong and this ends up being just a "what-if" drill. But I've found that it's always best to have backup options.

Last edited by Hondo6; 05-30-23 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Remove images inadvertently left in original, add/change text.
Hondo6 is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:05 AM
  #1562  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
I'm sure you have far more experience in metalworking than I do - but I'll raise the issue anyway.

Aluminum cracks easily when bent. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to flex that clamp enough to get it over the chainstay and then flex it back without one or both sides bending, then possibly cracking when bent back.

If that turns out to be a problem, something along these lines might work as a backup design:




A bolt would then hold all three parts together and provide the clamping force. One end of the clamp could be threaded, or a through-bolt and locknut could be used.

Plug would need to be approx the diameter of the chainstay. Cut widths would likely need to be narrow to avoid bending the alloy much (or maybe a very thin washer used on one or both cuts if wider cuts are required). Sides might need to be "beefed up" a bit at the clamp end.

Again: hope I'm wrong and this ends up being just a "what-if" drill. But I've found that it's always best to have backup options.

Excellent point - however, I should be able to slip it onto the chainstay via first sliding onto the super thin dropout and then over onto the rounded part of the chainstay. I might have to open up that slot just a tiny bit more to overcome the pinched part, but we'll find out soon!
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:08 AM
  #1563  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
We are going to have a rideable Super Record Huffente today.
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 05-30-23, 08:14 AM
  #1564  
Hondo6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SW Florida, USA
Posts: 1,247

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked 637 Times in 441 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Excellent point - however, I should be able to slip it onto the chainstay via first sliding onto the super thin dropout and then over onto the rounded part of the chainstay. I might have to open up that slot just a tiny bit more to overcome the pinched part, but we'll find out soon!
I do hope you're right. As you already know, "re-doing" something is just so much fun!
Hondo6 is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:20 AM
  #1565  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
I do hope you're right. As you already know, "re-doing" something is just so much fun!

Ahaha yeah and I'll tell you what I've been having a blast over here!
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:20 AM
  #1566  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
I do hope you're right. As you already know, "re-doing" something is just so much fun!

Oh yeah, and tomorrow. 'It' should come.


NEVERMIND!

'It' came 2 min ago! ! ! ! ! !


__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!









Last edited by AdventureManCO; 05-30-23 at 09:39 AM.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 05-30-23, 08:51 AM
  #1567  
Mad Honk 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 2,617

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked 1,525 Times in 941 Posts
So when do we get to see the walnut burl display stand?

Last edited by Mad Honk; 05-30-23 at 05:52 PM.
Mad Honk is offline  
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 05-30-23, 08:56 AM
  #1568  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Mmmkay. Seatpost done and saddle mounted. Onto the RD stop and running gear.




__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 05:55 PM
  #1569  
Mad Honk 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 2,617

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked 1,525 Times in 941 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
We are going to have a rideable Super Record Huffente today.
At this rate we won't even come close to the 2K posts I thought we could hit. Abber Schade! Smiles, MH
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 07:50 PM
  #1570  
stoneageyosh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Bandon, Oregon
Posts: 137

Bikes: Dave Tesch Model 100 Custom Reynolds 753 / Custom Panasonic built by Takao Ono (1973)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
At this rate we won't even come close to the 2K posts I thought we could hit. Abber Schade! Smiles, MH
Maybe not, but probably not enough people are aware of the impending assault on their sense of cycling decorum, status and common decency. If alerted to the now inevitable travesty that is about to descend (how low can a Huffy go?) on their serene, blissful C&V existence there could be an uprising on this thread if not across the entire spectrum of cycling social media.
stoneageyosh is offline  
Likes For stoneageyosh:
Old 05-30-23, 07:51 PM
  #1571  
AdventureManCO 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,011

Bikes: The Campagnolo Huffy w/ Home Depot tubulars

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 2,696 Times in 1,048 Posts
Wow. What a day! What an incredible day!

The Le Grande has been built!

I wasn't able to go on a test ride since it was raining out earlier, but I just finished up about an hour ago. Except toe clips and a water bottle holder (and a couple more surprises to come), we are 100% built up and ready to rock. The bike feels amazing, and is absolutely under 25lbs, maybe even under 24. I used to have a Fuji S10-S, and that bike was an even 26lbs all day long, and the Huffente is noticeably lighter. I'm completely chuffed. It was a long day, but there were so many wins I don't know where to start. The RD cable stop worked out perfectly (and I'm so glad for that too, after investing 8+ hours into it).

There are going to be LOTS of update this evening, and LOTS of pictures. I can't wait to show you guys. Also, I can't thank you enough for all your support for this ridiculous project. I wasn't sure if we were actually going to arrive here, but here we are, and still days away from the weekend rides! That will give me some time to sort out the toe clips and bottle cage. This really was a labor of love, and not just for me, but for many of you too. There was blood, sweat, and I dunno about tears (except crying myself to sleep) but definitely some 'swears'

I'm so excited.

Hanging out with the kids now but when they go to be, the crazy updates will start, and I have a LOT of them!
__________________
Rarer than a Confente...it's the Huffente!








AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:48 PM
  #1572  
Mad Honk 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 2,617

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked 1,525 Times in 941 Posts
Yeah! It's about time for extra posts! smiles, MH
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 08:56 PM
  #1573  
Eric F 
Habitual User
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 6,643

Bikes: 2019 Trek Procliber 9.9 SL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2017 Bear Big Rock 1, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4051 Post(s)
Liked 6,493 Times in 3,092 Posts
Are your kids asleep yet???!!! Címon, kids, people are waiting. 😳
__________________
"Swedish fish. They're protein shaped." - livedarklions
Eric F is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 09:05 PM
  #1574  
gaucho777 
Senior Member
 
gaucho777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 7,363

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Looking forward to the updates--and ride reports in due time. Dare I ask for rough accounting of time and funds invested?
gaucho777 is offline  
Old 05-30-23, 09:20 PM
  #1575  
albrt 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 766

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1982 Peugeot Competition, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 505 Times in 253 Posts
One hundred meelllion hours!

albrt is offline  
Likes For albrt:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.