Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The Horror: Junk Build, High-End-Hatchet job, Frankenbike Challenge Extravaganza

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

The Horror: Junk Build, High-End-Hatchet job, Frankenbike Challenge Extravaganza

Old 09-04-23, 07:17 AM
  #26  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
I have the perfect candidate acquired last month for free.

1992-3 badly kept Klein Pinnacle...

...with paint that is beautiful in most places...

.and cancerous in several other places.

This will be great fun and I already have most of the really bad components to hang on what was back in the day, an expensive MTB.

What say the Daves? Does an early Nineties Klein qualify?
This Dave says perfectamundo! Just be sure to source the worst parts imaginable! I can see Chang Star brakes working really well!

And great score by the way!
jdawginsc is offline  
Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 09-04-23, 08:50 AM
  #27  
SeŮor Member
 
USAZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hardy, VA
Posts: 18,010

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Liked 1,161 Times in 676 Posts
Is a high-end frame necessary? I have three that might qualify that aren't already completed, but one is almost built out (not open to rework), one has a mandated color scheme that does not include orange or green, and the other is way down the list and is going to be red (I don't have a red bike yet - believe it or not). I have a couple of (much) lesser frames available that are green to start - one of which is both ugly and French. Unless you've got something that nice, smallish and has distressed paint that you want to pack some rims around, I'd have to go a lookin'.
__________________
In search of what to search for.
USAZorro is offline  
Likes For USAZorro:
Old 09-04-23, 08:53 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 1,512

Bikes: You had me at rusty and Italian!!

Liked 1,119 Times in 585 Posts
Geez, my Legnano Condorino suits this contest perfectly. Italian frame, Weinmann brakes, Japanese cranks, mismatched French rims (tubular) with Campy hubs, German tires, Campy pedals, Brooks saddle, FSA cartridge BB and an oddball Shimano RD. I should throw a Chris King headset on it to round out the multinational vibe.

No parts from China on it so I guess Iím missing out(??) on that part of the formula.
RustyJames is offline  
Likes For RustyJames:
Old 09-04-23, 09:28 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 3,104

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Liked 2,101 Times in 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Is a high-end frame necessary? I have three that might qualify that aren't already completed, but one is almost built out (not open to rework), one has a mandated color scheme that does not include orange or green, and the other is way down the list and is going to be red (I don't have a red bike yet - believe it or not). I have a couple of (much) lesser frames available that are green to start - one of which is both ugly and French. Unless you've got something that nice, smallish and has distressed paint that you want to pack some rims around, I'd have to go a lookin'.
No! High end is not the biggest priority. The ugliness and utter horror is the intended result. You can get there in any number of ways, and it is all in good BF fun. Smiles, Dave#3
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 09:30 AM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 3,104

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Liked 2,101 Times in 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyJames
Geez, my Legnano Condorino suits this contest perfectly. Italian frame, Weinmann brakes, Japanese cranks, mismatched French rims (tubular) with Campy hubs, German tires, Campy pedals, Brooks saddle, FSA cartridge BB and an oddball Shimano RD. I should throw a Chris King headset on it to round out the multinational vibe.

No parts from China on it so I guess Iím missing out(??) on that part of the formula.
Take that thing back to the drawing board, and do a horrifying rework for the BF community. Har! MH
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:03 AM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
MooneyBloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 514

Bikes: Two Peter Mooney customs, a 1980 Trek 510 townie, a Marin Stelvio set up for TTs.

Liked 327 Times in 177 Posts
My (now bent still ridable) townie might fit the bill. Parts are a mix of Asian, Italian, Swiss, and USA.

Front hub is a Hugi, but the rear is the modern edition of a Sturmey AW3. Plenty of eye-sore with the grip color.





Maybe I missed the point, but that DeRosa isn't an eyesore to my mind at all.
MooneyBloke is offline  
Likes For MooneyBloke:
Old 09-04-23, 10:12 AM
  #32  
Freewheel Medic
 
pastorbobnlnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: An Island on the Coast of GA!
Posts: 12,969

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Liked 2,289 Times in 1,012 Posts
Yes, you've missed the point. The idea is to take a high-end frame and build a Franken Bike between now and the end of the year--- and not enter an already built bike of mis-matched parts.
__________________
Bob
Enjoying the GA coast all year long!

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com





pastorbobnlnh is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:41 AM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 16,933

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Liked 677 Times in 517 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
So with a whole lot of high end parts even a Huffy can look good and ride well, but what happens when you take the high end frame and use some less than perfect components on it? It is a testament to what even the less than desire-able parts can accomplish on a nice frame. Besides, we have all had plenty of views of the most desire-able bikes with high dollar parts, what about those that can't have the best parts even though it is a nice frame? The quest here is to find a good rider with less than fine parts. Smiles, CrapMaster Honk
So perhaps take one of my Mondonicos and build it up with the Gruppo Crapo cadged from an early Varsity? Or similar with an ancient PX-10 frame/fork? Sounds kool except for painting over the nice work on the Mondo frame, and the 1967 original beausage on the Peug? I do have a pair of 120 mm steel-hub wheels, laced to early early unscraped Mavic rims ... talk about beausage! Maybe I can use my Ballila center-pull calipers instead of Mavics ...

For the Peug all I would have to do is finish the re-assembly without cosmetic refurb on any of the parts, or anything?

And since the Simplex stuff is long busted, take some of the 1960s or whatever rusty Shimano or German derailleurs ... ?

This may have some legs!
Road Fan is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:49 AM
  #34  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
So perhaps take one of my Mondonicos and build it up with the Gruppo Crapo cadged from an early Varsity? Or similar with an ancient PX-10 frame/fork? Sounds kool except for painting over the nice work on the Mondo frame, and the 1967 original beausage on the Peug? I do have a pair of 120 mm steel-hub wheels, laced to early early unscraped Mavic rims ... talk about beausage! Maybe I can use my Ballila center-pull calipers instead of Mavics ...

For the Peug all I would have to do is finish the re-assembly without cosmetic refurb on any of the parts, or anything?

And since the Simplex stuff is long busted, take some of the 1960s or whatever rusty Shimano or German derailleurs ... ?

This may have some legs!
Perfection! Donít paint over anything with nice paint. You can get the colors in other ways.

AMCo and I just happened to have crappy paint versions that need rehab at some level. Mad Honk has an Ochsner NOT in need of repaint. So the ugly value is in the build and accessories!
jdawginsc is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:53 AM
  #35  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Trust me...this bike is no silk purse. Its a paperweight piece of garbage with bad paint, a huge dent, and now a crack in the frame, and instead of lamenting over the fact I'd need to spend insane amounts of money and destroy the only selling point the bike originally had (the really nice chrome) we are going to lean in to the wallhanger wasteland that this bike is aimlessly roaming around in, and have a little fun with it. It owes me. Now it has a purpose.
My only worry is that there is structural damage to that Paramount that might make it dangerous to actually ride
Het Volk is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:55 AM
  #36  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Is a high-end frame necessary? I have three that might qualify that aren't already completed, but one is almost built out (not open to rework), one has a mandated color scheme that does not include orange or green, and the other is way down the list and is going to be red (I don't have a red bike yet - believe it or not). I have a couple of (much) lesser frames available that are green to start - one of which is both ugly and French. Unless you've got something that nice, smallish and has distressed paint that you want to pack some rims around, I'd have to go a lookin'.
However you wish to go! A middle to lower end frame that needs paint could capture the spirit if you donít have a distressed high end.

...participation in the spirit is what this challenge is all about!
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super, 1971 Raleigh International, 1998 Corratec Ap & Dun, 1991 Peugeot Slimestone













jdawginsc is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:56 AM
  #37  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
If the intent is to take a high end frame and build it up with Walmart level components, then all of these bent/damaged frames are kind of missing the point?

I mean, I like the idea of taking blemished frames, and then layering on more crap to see what the end result is and whether one can tell, but I think there is a mid-mash of understanding what this project entails based on this thread
Het Volk is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:56 AM
  #38  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by Het Volk
My only worry is that there is structural damage to that Paramount that might make it dangerous to actually ride
MCo is in Colorado. Heíll have some nice snow drifts to land in.

Who knows, maybe some duct tape and super glue will improve his chances.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super, 1971 Raleigh International, 1998 Corratec Ap & Dun, 1991 Peugeot Slimestone













jdawginsc is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 10:58 AM
  #39  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 259
Liked 113 Times in 58 Posts
My friend asked me to build him a beater bike so I came up with this digging through the parts bin.

An American company posing as an Italian one, and manufactured in Japan has got to be worth some points (?). Six speed 1x set up with a 7 speed cassette. Mismatched wheels including a Colnago panto Ofmega hub front wheel with original tubeless tire (no tube just a hard piece of foam type solid tire, note no valve stem out of the valve hole). Weird brown bar tape on funky pink frame, Tektro brakes, and lovely plastic pedals.




celesteguy is offline  
Likes For celesteguy:
Old 09-04-23, 11:53 AM
  #40  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by Het Volk
If the intent is to take a high end frame and build it up with Walmart level components, then all of these bent/damaged frames are kind of missing the point?

I mean, I like the idea of taking blemished frames, and then layering on more crap to see what the end result is and whether one can tell, but I think there is a mid-mash of understanding what this project entails based on this thread
Itís whatever the individual wants to do. Again, we just have imperfect frames of legendary status we can have some temporary Halloween Frankenbike fun with. That was our luck/choice...

Anyone can participate in their own way. Just no Huffys...Iím pretty sure most of the ďhoard hordeĒ on the forums have a bike they are in the process of stripping or wondering what to do with...thatís their canvas! We donít judge!
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super, 1971 Raleigh International, 1998 Corratec Ap & Dun, 1991 Peugeot Slimestone













jdawginsc is offline  
Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 09-04-23, 11:59 AM
  #41  
small ring
 
droppedandlost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,035
Liked 957 Times in 379 Posts
Horror movie script:
Cocky young adult wanders into the wrong garage, suffers unspeakable atrocities, gets dismembered.





__________________
59 Allegro Special -- 72 Bob Jackson -- 74 Motobecane Grand Jubile -- 74 Sekine SHS 271 -- 80 Nishiki International
85 Shogun 800 -- 86 Tommasini Super Prestige -- 92 Specialized Rockhopper -- 17 Colnago Arabesque
droppedandlost is offline  
Likes For droppedandlost:
Old 09-04-23, 12:34 PM
  #42  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
MCo is in Colorado. Heíll have some nice snow drifts to land in.

Who knows, maybe some duct tape and super glue will improve his chances.

oh I know MCo. Met him at the Eddie Rando here in Parker, Colorado where he displayed the Huffente
Het Volk is offline  
Likes For Het Volk:
Old 09-04-23, 12:35 PM
  #43  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 334
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
Itís whatever the individual wants to do. Again, we just have imperfect frames of legendary status we can have some temporary Halloween Frankenbike fun with. That was our luck/choice...

Anyone can participate in their own way. Just no Huffys...Iím pretty sure most of the ďhoard hordeĒ on the forums have a bike they are in the process of stripping or wondering what to do with...thatís their canvas! We donít judge!

Thatís cool.
Het Volk is offline  
Likes For Het Volk:
Old 09-04-23, 12:40 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
MooneyBloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 514

Bikes: Two Peter Mooney customs, a 1980 Trek 510 townie, a Marin Stelvio set up for TTs.

Liked 327 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Yes, you've missed the point. The idea is to take a high-end frame and build a Franken Bike between now and the end of the year--- and not enter an already built bike of mis-matched parts.
Sorry. I don't have the cash to throw at that tom foolery. I think that bicycling should be a highly egalitarian activity, and I could use harsher language, but there's something foul here.
MooneyBloke is offline  
Likes For MooneyBloke:
Old 09-04-23, 12:43 PM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 3,104

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Liked 2,101 Times in 1,234 Posts
Finally a bike break! Here is my entry with only a few rudimentary parts applied. It is a throwback and homage to a great rider in the early 20th century Othon Ochsner the first. Swiss made frame with a headset of dubious origin and in need of a complete build out. Pics:

The beginnings... frame fork and HS, with rear wheel attached

One of our favorite French hubs - the Helicomatic 6 speed laced into a Mavic rim covered with a Taiwan tube and German tire.

Nice rim that had been laced on prior to my receiving it, I think I might get points for the green label.

Our honored long past rider Othon's signature and the black non- discernable maker HS.
More to come as I dig into the trove of wacky parts here in the shop. The ANPI seat post is a bit small, but I might be able to shim it out to get some extra points. I am having thoughts about black and orange bar tape once I can decide on a cockpit set-up. Smiles, Dave #3
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 01:17 PM
  #46  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 3,057

Bikes: 1965 dept store special, 1972 basket case, 1978 garden ornament, 1980 garbage heap, 1987 mutt, 1996 frankenstein

Liked 3,914 Times in 1,582 Posts
Oooh, lots to respond to here.


Originally Posted by Road Fan
So perhaps take one of my Mondonicos and build it up with the Gruppo Crapo cadged from an early Varsity? Or similar with an ancient PX-10 frame/fork? Sounds kool except for painting over the nice work on the Mondo frame, and the 1967 original beausage on the Peug? I do have a pair of 120 mm steel-hub wheels, laced to early early unscraped Mavic rims ... talk about beausage! Maybe I can use my Ballila center-pull calipers instead of Mavics ...

For the Peug all I would have to do is finish the re-assembly without cosmetic refurb on any of the parts, or anything?

And since the Simplex stuff is long busted, take some of the 1960s or whatever rusty Shimano or German derailleurs ... ?

This may have some legs!
I'm digging the idea of a junkified PX-10...such is near and dear to my heart, as I picked up a street-lived PX-10 w/ upturned bars and steel rims.




Originally Posted by Het Volk
oh I know MCo. Met him at the Eddie Rando here in Parker, Colorado where he displayed the Huffente
Brad! Yes! I'm glad to have you on board. If you ever wish to contribute to the Crapamount disgrace, or go for a ride or something please let me know!

Originally Posted by Het Volk
If the intent is to take a high end frame and build it up with Walmart level components, then all of these bent/damaged frames are kind of missing the point?

I mean, I like the idea of taking blemished frames, and then layering on more crap to see what the end result is and whether one can tell, but I think there is a mid-mash of understanding what this project entails based on this thread
Mish-mash sounds great to me. I'll admit, the 'Walmart level' was sort of my contribution. Things started off with more of the 'Frankenbike' theme of just different components from all over, and embracing the 'mixmaster' approach. I think I am quite enjoying the jarring contrast between a Paramount frame and trashy components. But because it still fits well under the 'Frankenbike' theme, I think we should be good. I'm perfectly happy to use an unbent/undamaged frame, however. The Paramount was just convenient and was making me angry, so I wanted to use it. But I have a perfectly fine, original, unmolested 1981 Trek 950 frame and fork in the garage I'd be happy to add to this steaming pile of...innovation!



Originally Posted by Het Volk
My only worry is that there is structural damage to that Paramount that might make it dangerous to actually ride
Please be worried. That's why I chose it, to create worry and fear. Only kidding. Well, partially. If I build it up and see too much flex, I can always cut a small gas pipe apart and jb weld the two halves on together and wrap with twine. The reality is that the thing was probably ridden for quite some time in that condition. After speaking w/ a few torch-bearers, the thought was that the esteemed Paramount fabrication facility got lazy and didn't fill the slot with enough braze material, as it is a tab style and needs the filling.



Originally Posted by MooneyBloke
Sorry. I don't have the cash to throw at that tom foolery. I think that bicycling should be a highly egalitarian activity, and I could use harsher language, but there's something foul here.


This was the exact response I was hoping for - thank you for confirming the inaneness of our efforts! And, trust me, I tried. I already threw my cash at a frame I was hoping was going to build out into a nice, classy bike, only to receive a useless piece of garbage. It's not like it started out that degenerate. So I got a lemon. I'm not just making lemonade, I'm making a lemon pie. So what if I throw some pickled olives on top?

The foulness you speak of is all in the tube ripples and dropout cracks, nothing more.

Most people in this sub-forum won't have to spend anything to get something rolling here that meets the criteria. Look at it like a public service event to help motivate people to use up some of the frames and components that would otherwise be rotting away for decades. I mean, shouldn't we be getting thanked here?

And I'd prefer the harsher language, if you don't mind.
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!










Last edited by AdventureManCO; 09-04-23 at 01:35 PM.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 09-04-23, 01:21 PM
  #47  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 3,057

Bikes: 1965 dept store special, 1972 basket case, 1978 garden ornament, 1980 garbage heap, 1987 mutt, 1996 frankenstein

Liked 3,914 Times in 1,582 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
I have the perfect candidate acquired last month for free.

1992-3 badly kept Klein Pinnacle...

...with paint that is beautiful in most places...

.and cancerous in several other places.

This will be great fun and I already have most of the really bad components to hang on what was back in the day, an expensive MTB.

What say the Daves? Does an early Nineties Klein qualify?

Bob, how did I miss this fantastic submission?


Scraping off that gorgeous Klein paint around the rot will be the 'nails on the chalkboard' moment in this build!

Also, riding it without adjusting that seat post down at all should at least get you 10 additional points!
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 01:23 PM
  #48  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 7,291

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Liked 3,429 Times in 2,159 Posts
Originally Posted by celesteguy
My friend asked me to build him a beater bike so I came up with this digging through the parts bin.

An American company posing as an Italian one, and manufactured in Japan has got to be worth some points (?). Six speed 1x set up with a 7 speed cassette. Mismatched wheels including a Colnago panto Ofmega hub front wheel with original tubeless tire (no tube just a hard piece of foam type solid tire, note no valve stem out of the valve hole). Weird brown bar tape on funky pink frame, Tektro brakes, and lovely plastic pedals.




Unfortunately, that looks really good! Canít have class and beauty here!
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super, 1971 Raleigh International, 1998 Corratec Ap & Dun, 1991 Peugeot Slimestone













jdawginsc is offline  
Old 09-04-23, 01:24 PM
  #49  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 3,057

Bikes: 1965 dept store special, 1972 basket case, 1978 garden ornament, 1980 garbage heap, 1987 mutt, 1996 frankenstein

Liked 3,914 Times in 1,582 Posts
Originally Posted by droppedandlost
Horror movie script:
Cocky young adult wanders into the wrong garage, suffers unspeakable atrocities, gets dismembered.


Carnage! Love it! What's the story here?
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 09-04-23, 01:26 PM
  #50  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 3,057

Bikes: 1965 dept store special, 1972 basket case, 1978 garden ornament, 1980 garbage heap, 1987 mutt, 1996 frankenstein

Liked 3,914 Times in 1,582 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Finally a bike break! Here is my entry with only a few rudimentary parts applied. It is a throwback and homage to a great rider in the early 20th century Othon Ochsner the first. Swiss made frame with a headset of dubious origin and in need of a complete build out. Pics:

The beginnings... frame fork and HS, with rear wheel attached

The Ochsner! I heard about this one. I can't wait to see what fiendish things you come up with. When I get a good break from the flooring, I'll try to give you a call!
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.