Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Blasphemy for jdawg

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Blasphemy for jdawg

Old 02-07-24, 10:43 AM
  #76  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Concor is not actually in that bad a shape...





__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-07-24, 11:41 AM
  #77  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Seatpost drillium is awesome. Love it.

Also, the Concor is probably my favorite saddle shape.

Paint plans? Go for raw?
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 02-07-24, 11:48 AM
  #78  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Seatpost drillium is awesome. Love it.

Also, the Concor is probably my favorite saddle shape.

Paint plans? Go for raw?
Basically, until I decide I don’t really like it, or possibly like it. Then I will come up with some sort of Jdawg-type silliness for the paint job.

I might strip it and let it remain unpainted...or perhaps paint it metallic copper (rattle can), leaving the chrome lugs and pieces.

Lots of parts to move to new homes. Which is good because my puppy might need surgery for a mass.

Last edited by jdawginsc; 02-07-24 at 11:52 AM.
jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-07-24, 12:05 PM
  #79  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
Basically, until I decide I don’t really like it, or possibly like it. Then I will come up with some sort of Jdawg-type silliness for the paint job.

I might strip it and let it remain unpainted...or perhaps paint it metallic copper (rattle can), leaving the chrome lugs and pieces.

Lots of parts to move to new homes. Which is good because my puppy might need surgery for a mass.

I’ve got a couple bikes in the raw right now, my ‘87 Ironman and my Trek 990. I am going to advocate for the raw treatment….

1. 20% of the work. No paint prep!
2. No stress of getting paintwork right or wrong
3. No waiting for paint to dry!
4. Still looks awesome, especially a gun blued finish
5. Cost is way less!
6. Uncommon! Higher novelty factor
7. Quite possibly the best secret ‘bike life hack’ I’ve found…you never worry ever again about paint scrapes…ever! Which means you never shy away from riding you bike due to fear of paint scrapes. Which means you get fitter. Which changes your life.


Ya ya ya everyone will scream and cry ‘RUST’ but let’s be honest, this bike probably was already rusting away on the Raleigh showroom floor.

Besides, if one takes care of their bike (how one should!) you will never let it get rusty. It’s not like paint never rusts - my beautiful light green Imron painted Trek has those little rust veins which are a pain. Touch ups - non issue!

Sorry to hear about your pup.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 02-07-24, 03:54 PM
  #80  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: California's capital
Posts: 437

Bikes: Litespeed Firenze, Spot Acme, Specialzed S Works Pro Race, Davidson Stiletto, Colnago Superissimo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by hazetguy
Firenze GL5000 mixte.
go low, really low, or don't go at all.

Involuntary shudder. Could see that chained to a campus rack for three consecutive semesters, never touched.
Rick_D is offline  
Old 02-07-24, 08:19 PM
  #81  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_D
Involuntary shudder. Could see that chained to a campus rack for three consecutive semesters, never touched.
I DO like how the chain goes through the freewheel, then BACK THROUGH the freewheel before going through the derailleur and continuing on to the chainring Maybe it was chained to the campus rack for about 38 years?
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 02-07-24, 11:38 PM
  #82  
Senior Member
 
Andy_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 14,741

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,860 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
I’ve got a couple bikes in the raw right now, my ‘87 Ironman and my Trek 990. I am going to advocate for the raw treatment….

1. 20% of the work. No paint prep!
2. No stress of getting paintwork right or wrong
3. No waiting for paint to dry!
4. Still looks awesome, especially a gun blued finish
5. Cost is way less!
6. Uncommon! Higher novelty factor
7. Quite possibly the best secret ‘bike life hack’ I’ve found…you never worry ever again about paint scrapes…ever! Which means you never shy away from riding you bike due to fear of paint scrapes. Which means you get fitter. Which changes your life.
You forgot weight savings. I heard recently that NASA saved something like 600 pounds when they stopped painting the fuel tank on the space shuttle. For a bike it's more like 150 grams, but that's a big savings by weight weenie standards.

On the other hand, I've seen @gugie ride bikes that he had partially stripped to bare metal for braze ons, and I swear they started rusting before he got home on the first ride.

Drillium Dude had a Colnago and a Casati that he stripped and polished. I think he eventually clear coated the Casati. Rust spiders can actually look pretty nice.
__________________
My Bikes
Andy_K is offline  
Old 02-08-24, 11:09 AM
  #83  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
The good news is that I think the repaint should be reasonably easy to unpaint.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-08-24, 01:17 PM
  #84  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
You forgot weight savings. I heard recently that NASA saved something like 600 pounds when they stopped painting the fuel tank on the space shuttle. For a bike it's more like 150 grams, but that's a big savings by weight weenie standards.

On the other hand, I've seen @gugie ride bikes that he had partially stripped to bare metal for braze ons, and I swear they started rusting before he got home on the first ride.

Drillium Dude had a Colnago and a Casati that he stripped and polished. I think he eventually clear coated the Casati. Rust spiders can actually look pretty nice.

Yes, of course! How could I forget something like that! Even one more reasons RBAB (Raw bikes are better)! I've seen pictures of both DD's Colnago and Casati, and they are fabulous.
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!










Last edited by AdventureManCO; 02-08-24 at 01:26 PM.
AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 02-08-24, 06:32 PM
  #85  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Yes, of course! How could I forget something like that! Even one more reasons RBAB (Raw bikes are better)! I've seen pictures of both DD's Colnago and Casati, and they are fabulous.
You guys are sort of making up my mind on this one.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-08-24, 10:16 PM
  #86  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
You guys are sort of making up my mind on this one.

__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 02-09-24, 08:53 AM
  #87  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Haha!
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-09-24, 01:48 PM
  #88  
Señor Member
 
USAZorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hardy, VA
Posts: 17,920

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 636 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
Basically, until I decide I don’t really like it, or possibly like it. Then I will come up with some sort of Jdawg-type silliness for the paint job.

I might strip it and let it remain unpainted...or perhaps paint it metallic copper (rattle can), leaving the chrome lugs and pieces.

Lots of parts to move to new homes.
Which is good because my puppy might need surgery for a mass.
Oh no! Your co-pilot is a bundle of sweetness. Hope this ends well.
__________________
In search of what to search for.
USAZorro is offline  
Old 02-09-24, 07:22 PM
  #89  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Oh no! Your co-pilot is a bundle of sweetness. Hope this ends well.
Thank you. She IS a sweetheart and full of life.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-09-24, 07:23 PM
  #90  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Some decent results on the fork. Lots of elbow grease and Quick glo.




jdawginsc is online now  
Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 02-15-24, 06:36 AM
  #91  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
For posterity’s sake...




Also,
Original 1972 BB cleaned up well. Another BSA Campy BB. Not sure how I amassed all of those guys. Will be sharing the wealth soon on those.

Headset is soaking as we speak. Looks good but dirty but we shall see.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-15-24, 07:45 AM
  #92  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 511

Bikes: 1970s Coppi/Fiorelli beater, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1972 Bob Jackson, 1970 Cilo Sprint-X, 1985 Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Legnano Roma

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 129 Posts
And a propos of "international graveling", here's what mine currently looks like, wearing 700x40 Marathon Supremes and the ever-dependable Tektros:

niliraga is offline  
Likes For niliraga:
Old 02-15-24, 07:52 AM
  #93  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by niliraga
And a propos of "international graveling", here's what mine currently looks like, wearing 700x40 Marathon Supremes and the ever-dependable Tektros:

Good to know it fits 40s!
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-15-24, 11:22 AM
  #94  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 511

Bikes: 1970s Coppi/Fiorelli beater, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1972 Bob Jackson, 1970 Cilo Sprint-X, 1985 Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Legnano Roma

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
Good to know it fits 40s!
Pretty sure I could still get fenders in there too - the earlier frames seem to have headroom out the wazoo. Don't have a pic handy of the rear, but these 40s are tight between the chain-stays - just a few mm either side. This frame has the "rapid-taper" stays - suspect the regular crimped stays may have a bit more room to play with?
niliraga is offline  
Old 02-15-24, 11:57 AM
  #95  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by niliraga
Pretty sure I could still get fenders in there too - the earlier frames seem to have headroom out the wazoo. Don't have a pic handy of the rear, but these 40s are tight between the chain-stays - just a few mm either side. This frame has the "rapid-taper" stays - suspect the regular crimped stays may have a bit more room to play with?
I’m still cleaning it up, and getting some bits off to those who asked, and Thelma Beagle just had successful surgery which delayed my futzing around.

i plan on cold setting to 128 (haven’t measured yet), so that should add a slight bit more.



Cone of shame shame face

Cone of shame questioning face...
jdawginsc is online now  
Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 02-15-24, 07:48 PM
  #96  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
I’m still cleaning it up, and getting some bits off to those who asked, and Thelma Beagle just had successful surgery which delayed my futzing around.

i plan on cold setting to 128 (haven’t measured yet), so that should add a slight bit more.



Cone of shame shame face

Cone of shame questioning face...

Great to hear!

Looks like she's a bit more chill than our little fireball...


AdventureManCO is offline  
Old 02-15-24, 08:13 PM
  #97  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greenwood SC USA
Posts: 2,252

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,390 Times in 693 Posts
Howdy! Before you toss those Weinmann Vainquers, be advised that they are AWESOME on your International's down-scale stablemate, the infamous De Selby, the '73 Raleigh Competition with the dual dingle drive!



If you have the "rapid taper" stays, 35s will fit, 38s maybe ... these are 35s.
rustystrings61 is offline  
Old 02-16-24, 07:16 AM
  #98  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Great to hear!

Looks like she's a bit more chill than our little fireball...


She needed a compression wrap because her movement caused a bit of seepage.


__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-16-24, 07:22 AM
  #99  
Edumacator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 6,694

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,913 Posts
Originally Posted by rustystrings61
Howdy! Before you toss those Weinmann Vainquers, be advised that they are AWESOME on your International's down-scale stablemate, the infamous De Selby, the '73 Raleigh Competition with the dual dingle drive!



If you have the "rapid taper" stays, 35s will fit, 38s maybe ... these are 35s.
Haven't tried fitting yet. Still inventorying my boxes of stuff, in order to pare down stuff I will never use.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super












jdawginsc is online now  
Old 02-16-24, 11:14 PM
  #100  
The Huffmeister
 
AdventureManCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Le Grande HQ
Posts: 2,695

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 3,458 Times in 1,377 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
She needed a compression wrap because her movement caused a bit of seepage.



Sweet ol' gal. Hope she gets better soon.
__________________
There were 135 Confentes, but only one...Huffente!









AdventureManCO is offline  
Likes For AdventureManCO:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.