Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show us your Vintage Touring bikes

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show us your Vintage Touring bikes

Old 12-15-13, 11:26 AM
  #1276  
Oldairhead 
RUSA #3100
 
Oldairhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oregon City
Posts: 799

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 421 Times in 158 Posts
1958 Motobecane

Here is mine, just off the work stand. More pics and story on the link below.



https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0626.jpg (99.4 KB, 762 views)
__________________
https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com
Oldairhead is offline  
Old 12-15-13, 11:29 AM
  #1277  
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,396

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
Here is mine, just off the work stand. More pics and story on the link below.



https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com/
Oh, that is cool.

EDIT:

I really liked your write up on your Wordpress page. It's definitely a great piece.
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.

Last edited by The Golden Boy; 12-15-13 at 12:17 PM.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 12-15-13, 02:41 PM
  #1278  
fixed1313
Senior Member
 
fixed1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Posts: 135

Bikes: '76 Raleigh Grand Prix,' 75 Raleigh Sports, '69 - '73 Raleigh Drop Bar 3-speed, '59 Parliament, '52? Raleigh Sports, '75 Raleigh Super Course, Surly Cross Check, Bridgestone RB-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
Here is mine, just off the work stand. More pics and story on the link below.



https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com/
stunning! I am still torn up over the '55 Peugeot that I missed earlier this year. Looked very much like yours with a very similar spec. Just couldn't get the shop folks to cooperate over the phone before it was gone.
fixed1313 is offline  
Old 12-16-13, 11:56 AM
  #1279  
revcp 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,291

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 60 Posts
1985 Miyata 610





Brake lever hoods should arrive on Wednesday. Install those and I'm done.

Bought this through facilitation in late September. Through more facilitation I picked it up Thanksgiving weekend. I've been working on it since.

Tires and brake bads, both original, look to have maybe a few hundred miles in wear, or, translated, seven or eight miles a year ridden. I completely disassembled anyway (including even the skewers), cleaned and reassembled. I got a set of Suntour Cylclone Mk II deraileurs for $20 on CL (the GT rear, so longer cage) to replace the stock Shimano (I prefer Suntour) and another $20 on CL for Suntour barcons and clamp on dt cable stop (had to take steel wool to the latter, now sparkles like new). I also replaced the caged bearing rings in the headset with loose bearings. Hubs and BB are sealed and they were fine. Replaced cables and housing. Decided to use the tektro hangers instead of the stamped steel that's ugly and tough to adjust. Not crazy about the silver logo on the bar tape, but maybe it will wear off in time.

Can't wait to get out and ride in the spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Miyata 610.jpg (104.1 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg
2013-12-16 11.46.28.jpg (102.8 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpg
2013-12-16 11.44.42.jpg (102.0 KB, 604 views)
File Type: jpg
2013-12-16 11.44.24.jpg (100.4 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg
2013-12-16 11.44.03.jpg (95.2 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg
2013-12-16 11.52.31.jpg (92.8 KB, 597 views)
__________________
Don't complain about the weather and cower in fear. It's all good weather. Just different.
revcp is offline  
Old 12-16-13, 01:34 PM
  #1280  
gaucho777 
Senior Member
 
gaucho777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 7,309

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 465 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
Here is mine, just off the work stand. More pics and story on the link below.



https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com/
What a great looking bike! I dig the top tube-mounted shifter. Too bad about the shipping damage, but nice work on the fender repair. I enjoyed skimming through your blog, too. Congrats & many happy miles!
gaucho777 is online now  
Old 12-23-13, 07:24 AM
  #1281  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 20,079

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5711 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
1985 Miyata 610





Brake lever hoods should arrive on Wednesday. Install those and I'm done.

Bought this through facilitation in late September. Through more facilitation I picked it up Thanksgiving weekend. I've been working on it since.

Tires and brake bads, both original, look to have maybe a few hundred miles in wear, or, translated, seven or eight miles a year ridden. I completely disassembled anyway (including even the skewers), cleaned and reassembled. I got a set of Suntour Cylclone Mk II deraileurs for $20 on CL (the GT rear, so longer cage) to replace the stock Shimano (I prefer Suntour) and another $20 on CL for Suntour barcons and clamp on dt cable stop (had to take steel wool to the latter, now sparkles like new). I also replaced the caged bearing rings in the headset with loose bearings. Hubs and BB are sealed and they were fine. Replaced cables and housing. Decided to use the tektro hangers instead of the stamped steel that's ugly and tough to adjust. Not crazy about the silver logo on the bar tape, but maybe it will wear off in time.

Can't wait to get out and ride in the spring.
That's a great looking bike. I like the family pics in the background too; lots more interesting than the white garage door most of us use for a background,
bikemig is offline  
Old 12-23-13, 08:53 AM
  #1282  
revcp 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,291

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
That's a great looking bike. I like the family pics in the background too; lots more interesting than the white garage door most of us use for a background,
Thanks, Bikemig. I put the break hoods on over the weekend and lowered the rear brake saddle cable so it won't interfere with the rack stays.

Yeah, the family pics. A bit embarrasing.
__________________
Don't complain about the weather and cower in fear. It's all good weather. Just different.
revcp is offline  
Old 12-23-13, 09:08 AM
  #1283  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 20,079

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5711 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
Thanks, Bikemig. I put the break hoods on over the weekend and lowered the rear brake saddle cable so it won't interfere with the rack stays.

Yeah, the family pics. A bit embarrasing.
I thought the pics were a very cool background to the bike. I love Miyatas. I own a team miyata that I used to race on (maybe my favorite bike of all time) and would love to own a 1000 or a 610 but they're as rare as hen's teeth in my neck of the midwest.
bikemig is offline  
Old 12-23-13, 09:17 AM
  #1284  
revcp 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,291

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I thought the pics were a very cool background to the bike. I love Miyatas. I own a team miyata that I used to race on (maybe my favorite bike of all time) and would love to own a 1000 or a 610 but they're as rare as hen's teeth in my neck of the midwest.
That's quite a lineup of bikes you have there. Where in the midwest are you? I very occasionally see 610s available in the TC area, much less often see 1000s (and they are usually listed at a real premium, much, much higher than the 610s.). I'll keep an eye out for you to facilitate if you're interested.
__________________
Don't complain about the weather and cower in fear. It's all good weather. Just different.
revcp is offline  
Old 12-23-13, 09:36 AM
  #1285  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 20,079

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5711 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
That's quite a lineup of bikes you have there. Where in the midwest are you? I very occasionally see 610s available in the TC area, much less often see 1000s (and they are usually listed at a real premium, much, much higher than the 610s.). I'll keep an eye out for you to facilitate if you're interested.
Thanks, yeah I live 5 or so hours south of you in Des Moines. I've checked out the Minneapolis/St. Paul CL from time to time as it is much more active than the one in DM. I may be traveling that way some this summer so maybe I'll start looking then. Honestly, at this point it's not like I don't have enough bikes, .
bikemig is offline  
Old 12-28-13, 06:54 PM
  #1286  
Dawes-man
十人十色
 
Dawes-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
It is with great pleasure that I show you all my at-long-last (it's taken me almost 5 years!) finished vintage touring bike - a 1975 Peugeot PX60.

[IMG] Peugeot PX60 - as of December 28th 2013 by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]

With my first ever touring holiday starting tomorrow - 300kms over 5 days along the coast on the Inner Sea of Japan from Yamamguchi, via Hiroshima to Okayama - I got the Peugeot out 2 weeks ago in order to ride it every day and give it a thorough going over. The main changes are wider mudguards, a wider range front derailleur, wider and more parallel handlebars and a shorter stem. Also, a few months ago, as a result of reading about such conversions here on C&V, I moved the DT Retrofriction levers to an old pair of Shimano pods on the ends of the bars making for very easy gear-changing. The result of all these changes is a beautifully smooth and comfortable ride.

As well as fitting the Bluemels Lightweight guards I've tapped out the mudguard eyelets on the Simplex dropouts at the rear to 6mm to match the front end eyelets in the Tange forks, as well as tapping the fastening holes in the Blackburn rack - this is in response to losing a Blumels butterfly nut on a 7 hour ride back in the summer. I reckon with the 2 threaded holes and a good spring-washer the bolts are less likely to back out. The bolts are 4mm Allen bolts.

As I'm flying to Yamaguchi from Tokyo with my bike I bought a very nice flight bag, made by Ostrich - their OS-500 model. It retails here for around $150 and is very well made. However, it's only 'just' big enough for this 59cm frame, with the saddle and seat post removed, so probably wouldn't suit anyone with anything bigger. A problem, of course, is what to do with the bag when I get there. The bag already folds into a 44cm X 80cm 'slab' and I have found that it will fold once more over the rear rack. Another alternative would be to send it on to Okayama from Yamaguchi and pick it up when I arrive 5 days later.

Anyway, this is the bag:
[IMG] 917aZTmZaAL._AA1500_ by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]

And this, ladies and gentlemen, and around 300kms of such scenery, is the reason I've been dreaming of doing this ride for the last 10 years or so:

[IMG] photo_setonaikai by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]
Dawes-man is offline  
Likes For Dawes-man:
Old 12-28-13, 07:17 PM
  #1287  
otg 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.E CT.
Posts: 1,508

Bikes: I've lost my mind!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Have a great tour!
otg is offline  
Old 12-28-13, 07:23 PM
  #1288  
Dawes-man
十人十色
 
Dawes-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by otg
Have a great tour!
Thank you, otg! That's very kind of you.
Dawes-man is offline  
Old 12-28-13, 07:25 PM
  #1289  
auchencrow
Senior Member
 
auchencrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,327
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Dawes-man
It is with great pleasure that I show you all my at-long-last (it's taken me almost 5 years!) finished vintage touring bike - a 1975 Peugeot PX60.

[IMG] Peugeot PX60 - as of December 28th 2013 by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]....


Wow Dawes-man -
What a stellar ride to embark on that long awaited dream cruise to Okayama! Very elegantly finished, as I would expect of you.
- Except for that orange Google place-marker thingie. What the ?
__________________
- Auchen
auchencrow is offline  
Old 12-28-13, 07:39 PM
  #1290  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 20,079

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5711 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,835 Posts
I have two vintage touring bikes. One is a 1983 Trek 720 that needs some fairly serious work (starting with a paint job). The other is a custom Melton touring bike that I built up with a suntour xc pro triple crank, xc pro front and rear derailleurs, suntour ratcheting downtube shifters, suntour cyclone long reach brakes and brake levers, avocet touring II saddle, campy tipo hubs and mavic ma-2 rims, and mks pedals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010260.jpg (107.3 KB, 1044 views)
File Type: jpg
P1010261.jpg (106.4 KB, 1040 views)
File Type: jpg
P1010262.jpg (111.6 KB, 1040 views)
File Type: jpg
P1010265.jpg (109.3 KB, 257 views)
bikemig is offline  
Old 12-28-13, 08:05 PM
  #1291  
Dawes-man
十人十色
 
Dawes-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by auchencrow
Wow Dawes-man -
What a stellar ride to embark on that long awaited dream cruise to Okayama! Very elegantly finished, as I would expect of you.
- Except for that orange Google place-marker thingie. What the ?
Thank you, auchencrow! I love how it's turned out. And btw, the chrome forks are Tange and were actually made for Katakura Silk.

"Google place-marker thingie." That's a pretty good description. I wonder if that's where Google got the idea? Anyway, it's a safety device that was available back in the 70s, I think it was, but not very popular so they stopped making them. It swivels out and works amazingly well at getting motor vehicles give you a wide berth. They actually slow down and wait till they can go around you safely rather than just go for it regardless of any vehicles coming the other way. I know it looks very geeky, like a 'dork-disc', but I recommend it very highly as it really does work.

I was talking to a friend about tricycles and how cars give them a wide berth, unlike the way they often 'crowd' 2-wheelers, and my friend reckoned it was because their width gave drivers a better idea of them as vehicles needing space, something the thin image of a bicycle doesn't. I reckon this 'lollipop' works in the same way.

[IMG] Untitled by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]
Dawes-man is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 03:46 AM
  #1292  
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,616

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked 3,560 Times in 1,465 Posts
Dawes-man, I fell in love with that PX60 of yours when I first saw it here in '10 or so. So when I came across this PR60 Gentleman a year ago for € 15 I didn't resist long. I do feel really guilty now for not having gotten in on the road yet.

__________________
Perhaps.










non-fixie is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 06:03 AM
  #1293  
Dawes-man
十人十色
 
Dawes-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
Dawes-man, I fell in love with that PX60 of yours when I first saw it here in '10 or so. So when I came across this PR60 Gentleman a year ago for € 15 I didn't resist long. I do feel really guilty now for not having gotten in on the road yet.
It really is great to hear from someone who has even seen a PX60, let alone actually has one, non-fixie. I see, though, that you're in The Netherlands (unless there's somewhere else famous for cheese and tulips…) and as that's where I got mine from I'm guessing it might have been an NL only model.

$15? That is a very good deal! Mine cost $260 for just the frame but I regard it as money very well spent and have never spent a single second regretting buying it. It's such a lovely bike to ride.

What year is yours? I suspect it's later than mine as it has a head badge decal while mine has a metal badge. Like mine, though, the decals on yours seem to be in pretty good condition. Maybe they used better quality materials for their decals back then.

Do you have any close up photos of your bike? I'd love to see some more photos...

Thanks for posting!
Dawes-man is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 11:00 AM
  #1294  
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,616

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked 3,560 Times in 1,465 Posts
Here are the other pics I have om my computer that are somewhat in focus. Like I said it needs work (a lot), but it seems to be pretty complete and original. I think it is from 1977, when it appeared in most of the European catalogs as the PR60 Gentleman. There were also a P60, a PA60, a PX60 and even a PY60 at one point.









__________________
Perhaps.










non-fixie is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 01:42 PM
  #1295  
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,396

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I have two vintage touring bikes. One is a 1983 Trek 720 that needs some fairly serious work (starting with a paint job). The other is a custom Melton touring bike that I built up with a suntour xc pro triple crank, xc pro front and rear derailleurs, suntour ratcheting downtube shifters, suntour cyclone long reach brakes and brake levers, avocet touring II saddle, campy tipo hubs and mavic ma-2 rims, and mks pedals.

Miguel- I just LOVE that Melton!

Perfect meld of "vintage" and "less vintage-y."

I just got a Voyageur SP- my secret plan is to replace the LeTech RD with an XC Comp. I'm hesitating because of the time periods being straddled there- but the XC Pro stuff looks at home on your bike.
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 01:52 PM
  #1296  
bikemig 
Senior Member
 
bikemig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle Earth (aka IA)
Posts: 20,079

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5711 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
Miguel- I just LOVE that Melton!

Perfect meld of "vintage" and "less vintage-y."

I just got a Voyageur SP- my secret plan is to replace the LeTech RD with an XC Comp. I'm hesitating because of the time periods being straddled there- but the XC Pro stuff looks at home on your bike.
Thanks! Yeah I thought about using older derailleurs that were more in keeping with the bike's age (like a sun tour vgt, a huret duopar, or a campy rally) but in the end I went with the derailleur that worked the best and didn't look out of place on the bike. Plus I used down tube shifters and toe clips and straps just in case I go a bit crazy one year and decide to do the Cino Heroica. The Voyager SP is such a beautiful bike; I'm looking forward to seeing some pics when you have it build up.
bikemig is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 04:51 PM
  #1297  
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,396

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
Here are the other pics I have om my computer that are somewhat in focus. Like I said it needs work (a lot), but it seems to be pretty complete and original. I think it is from 1977, when it appeared in most of the European catalogs as the PR60 Gentleman. There were also a P60, a PA60, a PX60 and even a PY60 at one point.








Is that a Sachs/Huret FD?
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 05:25 PM
  #1298  
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,616

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked 3,560 Times in 1,465 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
Is that a Sachs/Huret FD?
Yes. It probably had a Simplex FD originally, but the Delrin clamps on those have all broken by now I think.
__________________
Perhaps.










non-fixie is offline  
Old 12-29-13, 05:28 PM
  #1299  
Dawes-man
十人十色
 
Dawes-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
Here are the other pics I have om my computer that are somewhat in focus. Like I said it needs work (a lot), but it seems to be pretty complete and original. I think it is from 1977, when it appeared in most of the European catalogs as the PR60 Gentleman. There were also a P60, a PA60, a PX60 and even a PY60 at one point.
Hi non-fixie,

Thanks for the pics. In my excitement I'd missed that yours was a PR60, rather than a PX… so I'm still looking forward to hearing from anyone who has or has seen another PX Still, your PR is obviously from the same family of 60s and it's the first anything '60' I've seen anywhere. I wonder what the number was supposed to indicate… the older customer? Nah, that would mean the PX10 was for 10 year olds

You've probably seen this scan of the 1977 brochure but it seems there were 3 models in the 60 group that year - the P, the PR and the PX with just the PX described as being made with Reynolds tubing. And as you say, there were other letter models but in 1975 there were just 2 - the PA and the PX. COme to think of it, I only know mine was a '75 from the seller's description.

I hope you will post pictures when you get round to working on your PR. As you say, it looks to be complete. Good luck!
Dawes-man is offline  
Old 01-18-14, 12:16 AM
  #1300  
treal512
Senior Member
 
treal512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Marcos, TX
Posts: 239

Bikes: '89 Miele Azsora, '09 Motobecane 700HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Love this thread!
treal512 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.