Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-08, 03:05 PM   #1
shakeNbake
Mooninite
Thread Starter
 
shakeNbake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Bikes: $53 Walmart Special
Posts: 3,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flandria-Velda Jersey

Anyone ever seen them for sale anywhere? I've never seen one.

shakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 03:36 PM   #2
roadrasher
Senior Member
 
roadrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary Canada
Bikes:
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeNbake View Post
Anyone ever seen them for sale anywhere? I've never seen one.


Not quite...

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp...fkid=2&ID=1383
roadrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 02:38 AM   #3
Cool Steel
ride on
 
Cool Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeNbake View Post
Anyone ever seen them for sale anywhere? I've never seen one.

HEY,
where did you get that pic from?
That is Marc DeMeyer, Winner of Paris-Roubaix 1976 and some Giro/TdF stages.
I have one of his bikes, said to be returned to the factory after he had died in January 1982 (in his bed). A Capri-Sonne team Koga Miyata FullPro.
As you can see he was a very athletic guy, heavier than most bike racers. That might be the reason why the back wheel on his/my bike is spoked totally different to the front, with thick straight spokes tensioned lowly while the front has butted spokes with high tension. I had never seen such before, found that quite interesting.

I have seen one or the other of those jerseys for sale, but they only come up every now an then and I can't provide any current offers ATM (for the original old ones that is, used, naturally; don't know about replicas).
If you REALLY want one badly, you could ask one of the "hardcore" collectors.
Anyway, they're around.
Cool Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 11:04 AM   #4
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down
 
bikingshearer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Democratic Peoples' Republic of Berkeley
Bikes: 1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1978 Eisentraut "A," mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 1961 Bianchi Competizione (an Eroica bike), 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova, early-1970s Cinelli Speciale Corsa (also an Eroica bike)
Posts: 3,487
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel View Post
That is Marc DeMeyer, Winner of Paris-Roubaix 1976 and some Giro/TdF stages.
Sho' nuf is. That photo also shows something I recall from photos of him back in the day -- he used an absurdly long stem. I remember one pic in particular of him at speed, and he looked stretched out but comfy (or as comfy as a EuroPro going 30mph can be), but that stem was like Cyrano de Bergerac's nose.
__________________
"I'm in shape -- round is a shape." Andy Rooney
bikingshearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 10:07 PM   #5
shakeNbake
Mooninite
Thread Starter
 
shakeNbake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Bikes: $53 Walmart Special
Posts: 3,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel View Post
HEY,
where did you get that pic from?
That is Marc DeMeyer, Winner of Paris-Roubaix 1976 and some Giro/TdF stages.
I have one of his bikes, said to be returned to the factory after he had died in January 1982 (in his bed). A Capri-Sonne team Koga Miyata FullPro.
As you can see he was a very athletic guy, heavier than most bike racers. That might be the reason why the back wheel on his/my bike is spoked totally different to the front, with thick straight spokes tensioned lowly while the front has butted spokes with high tension. I had never seen such before, found that quite interesting.

I have seen one or the other of those jerseys for sale, but they only come up every now an then and I can't provide any current offers ATM (for the original old ones that is, used, naturally; don't know about replicas).
If you REALLY want one badly, you could ask one of the "hardcore" collectors.
Anyway, they're around.
I was watching A Sunday in Hell, and I saw the jersey, so I tracked down a picture. DeMeyer won that one with a good sprint, he timed it perfectly, De Vlaeminck jumped the gun.

Thanks!

Last edited by shakeNbake; 04-18-08 at 12:01 AM.
shakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.
I HAVE A QUESTION