Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved) (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/491452-whered-you-ride-today-new-improved.html)

northbend 05-29-16 08:00 AM

Very nice @realsteel

pressed001 05-29-16 10:08 AM

Pure awesomeness. Beautiful bikes. :thumb:

Vonruden 05-29-16 12:15 PM


Originally Posted by realsteel (Post 18805560)
Through a forest on a 1951 Rotrax listening to Pink Floyd.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...pssnj0oqyr.jpg

Great shot and absolutely stunning Rotrax!

realsteel 05-29-16 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by northbend (Post 18805610)
Very nice @realsteel


Originally Posted by Vonruden (Post 18806062)
Great shot and absolutely stunning Rotrax!

Thanks!

Dirt Farmer 05-29-16 06:25 PM

Sugar River Trail

Chrome Molly 05-30-16 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rode a couple of rail trails in western Wisconsin today, the Red Cedar and Chippewa trails. Nice day, not too warm.

A big sky shot crossing the Chippewa River
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...6&d=1464659468

Small waterfall, picture stop
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...5&d=1464659459

Very spring-like and green along the Red Cedar river
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...4&d=1464659452

gomango 05-30-16 07:59 PM


Originally Posted by Chrome Molly (Post 18808832)
Rode a couple of rail trails in western Wisconsin today, the Red Cedar and Chippewa trails. Nice day, not too warm.

A big sky shot crossing the Chippewa River
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...6&d=1464659468

Small waterfall, picture stop
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...5&d=1464659459

Very spring-like and green along the Red Cedar river
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...4&d=1464659452

Great shots.

Gravel bikes only or road bikes as well?

Chrome Molly 05-30-16 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by gomango (Post 18808842)
Great shots.

Gravel bikes only or road bikes as well?

This time or year, road bikes with 25's aren't a problem (as long as they are not soft tread tires; 4000s2's good, masters maybe not). The trail is very packed, and once on the Chippewa trail, that's paved with the typical root driven bumps. Ideal is maybe 28's for this time of year. I rode it with the Trek 760 last year a couple times on 25's

In November the Croll with 2.3's had all it could do in the soft conditions, but now it's a speedway by comparison.

Doohickie 05-30-16 08:19 PM

Falls to Falls. Airfield Falls is in the northwest corner of the county,
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...75798245_o.jpg

and then there's another waterfall in the southwest corner. It doesn't have a name as far as I know; I've started calling it Oakmont Falls.
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...71653431_o.jpg

Today's ride was 51 miles on my 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS.

Kobe 05-31-16 09:37 AM

Working off the burgers and dogs ride last night. Did a quick 20 up to Limerick Nuclear Generating Station and back on the Proteus. That's the funky steam cloud in the background.
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/a...psqzygvvj7.jpg

pressed001 06-01-16 09:43 AM

dude...how tall are you?


Originally Posted by Kobe (Post 18810082)
Working off the burgers and dogs ride last night. Did a quick 20 up to Limerick Nuclear Generating Station and back on the Proteus. That's the funky steam cloud in the background.
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/a...psqzygvvj7.jpg


Kobe 06-01-16 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by pressed001 (Post 18812799)
dude...how tall are you?

I was 6'6", but now that I hit my 50's that number is going down to now 6'5.5". If I live long enough I may be able to ride "normal" sized bikes.

jimmuller 06-01-16 04:47 PM

Been riding Metro Boston, Downeast Division. We rode the tandem around Acadia's Park Loop Road and then a bunch on the carriage roads. 35.5 miles total. A delightful day even if it did involve some really really really steep hills.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...ronAndBike.jpg

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...chHolePond.jpg

Today I rode the Grandis up Cadillac and Sharon hiked the south ridge trail.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...OnCadillac.jpg

We met at the top for lunch. Sharon said the blue and blue was, ah, bluetiful.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...OnCadillac.jpg

After descending Cadillac (which didn't take long :eek:) I rode the Park Loop Road.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...rEagleLake.jpg

Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...ByAtlantic.jpg

Lunch yesterday:
http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...2016/Lunch.jpg

Kobe 06-01-16 05:42 PM

Nice @jimmuller, between Sharon, you and the two bikes you have a bluetiful thing there. The third picture really gives an idea of the elevation.

Sir_Name 06-01-16 05:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dm3EaQb.jpg

gomango 06-01-16 06:19 PM


Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 18814027)
Been riding Metro Boston, Downeast Division. We rode the tandem around Acadia's Park Loop Road and then a bunch on the carriage roads. 35.5 miles total. A delightful day even if it did involve some really really really steep hills.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...ronAndBike.jpg

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...chHolePond.jpg

Today I rode the Grandis up Cadillac and Sharon hiked the south ridge trail.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...OnCadillac.jpg

We met at the top for lunch. Sharon said the blue and blue was, ah, bluetiful.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...OnCadillac.jpg

After descending Cadillac (which didn't take long :eek:) I rode the Park Loop Road.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...rEagleLake.jpg

Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...ByAtlantic.jpg

Lunch yesterday:
http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ac...2016/Lunch.jpg

Love these shots, for sure.

Your Grandis is such a beautiful bike.

jimmuller 06-01-16 06:21 PM


Originally Posted by Kobe (Post 18814108)
Nice @jimmuller, between Sharon, you and the two bikes you have a bluetiful thing there. The third picture really gives an idea of the elevation.

Thanks!

gomango, thanks too!

greg3rd48 06-01-16 07:30 PM

@jimmuller Your photos are always great to see. You have it good!

pressed001 06-02-16 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by Kobe (Post 18812944)
I was 6'6", but now that I hit my 50's that number is going down to now 6'5.5". If I live long enough I may be able to ride "normal" sized bikes.

:roflmao2:

That frame is gi-normous. Looks real nice however.

pressed001 06-02-16 12:27 PM

Wish it would stop raining here so that I could contribute a bit. I am envious of you all with your sunshine...

jimmuller 06-02-16 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by greg3rd48 (Post 18814330)
@jimmuller Your photos are always great to see. You have it good!

Thank you!

Vonruden 06-02-16 06:37 PM

JPW in Bay Head

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...pssvsqbuqb.jpg

jimmuller 06-02-16 06:43 PM


Originally Posted by Vonruden (Post 18816962)

Ooh, nice painting. Very realistic too! :)

Vonruden 06-02-16 06:45 PM


Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 18816971)
Ooh, nice painting. Very realistic too! :)

Same spot ;)

Quebber 06-03-16 05:02 AM

Gorgeous bike, Vonruden.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.