Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Old 08-13-23, 04:11 PM
  #78551  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,757

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 2,875 Times in 1,471 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
Price drop on these - Now that they added the specialized I can confirm they are the leftovers from the Estate sale in San Pedro I posted, now moved to Newport beach where the company is located
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1615860297 - Teledyne $1,500
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1615818350 - Performance $1,500
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1616634595 - Rockhopper Comp $350
Another (major) price drop, but only on the Teledyne - Now $700 - https://offerup.com/item/detail/1615860297 or https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...654262212.html
SoCaled is online now  
Likes For SoCaled:
Old 08-13-23, 04:16 PM
  #78552  
Senior Member
 
jet sanchEz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,921
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 375 Posts
Originally Posted by tmnguuyen
I like them but not sure if i'd pay over $1K for it. An XO-1 may be. What do you folks typically say, price is a bit optimistic??
He'll own that bike for a very long time if he's asking $1300
jet sanchEz is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 04:19 PM
  #78553  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,757

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 2,875 Times in 1,471 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
I overheard $1500 but would take $1300.

To be honest, I had no idea this was so valuable.

A couple have come through the co-op and we cleaned them up and sent them out for around $300 - 400 each.
$1,500 is kooky, so is $1,300 and I am a big fan. $300-400 already includes the "Bridgestone premium" (over what similar tubed/equipped bike would sell for) but is probably on the fair to low side.
SoCaled is online now  
Old 08-13-23, 04:20 PM
  #78554  
Senior Member
 
'02 nrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: se MIch.
Posts: 2,616

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 2,398 Times in 1,271 Posts
$100. temperance,Mich

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...48868899031720

'02 nrs is offline  
Likes For '02 nrs:
Old 08-13-23, 04:29 PM
  #78555  
Senior Member
 
'02 nrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: se MIch.
Posts: 2,616

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 2,398 Times in 1,271 Posts
$400. campy. Middlebury, IN

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...16205386476539

'02 nrs is offline  
Likes For '02 nrs:
Old 08-13-23, 05:04 PM
  #78556  
Steel is real
 
georges1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not far from Paris
Posts: 2,021

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
$500 for two rims?!?!
They were downhill MTB made rims which were highly praised by many downhill riders and are virtually indestructible, it was and still is the only rim that can take 26*2.5 OR 26*3 tires and very severe abuse unlike the crossmax mark I which was good wheel but not quite as resistant a the D521. It was produced during a not so long period which explains why you rarely see it for sale in new old stock condition, most of them were severely used and abused. It was later succed by the Mavic XM719 (price from 2013/2014 in the link)a very good rim and by the Mavic XM 819 UST Rim (price from 2011 in the link), the ex 823 and ex 721 were their predecessors, they were praised for their utmost durability and robustness, again good luck for finding such rims unmolested condition. For 280$ you can have very good condition Mavic D521 disc 26 wheelset & Intense Edge(26*2.50) & DT Swiss 340 Hub but I don't do disc brakes and 26-2.5 tires won't fit on my MTBs . The 32 holes version of the D521 were built in much smaller quantities than the 36 holes one, also alot of people used them as disk brake rims despite they weren't intended for this use but the D321 was. I bought four rims from this seller because it will fit and serve my both trek mtbs for a very long time. Mavic doesn't manufacture high quality vbrake rims anymore for 26inch sized wheel MTBs , I had two choices, either buy average condition rims or buy new old stock ones, my choice was made quickly.

When an item of high quality is no more produced, in new old stock condition and rare, don't expect it to be on the cheap side but on the expensive side. I just look at the price of the early shamals, boras, ventos and zondas and I am wondering sometimes about their prices despite these wheels are somewhat fragile and not so durable, I can also say the same thing about c record components regarding their price tag nowadays.

Last edited by georges1; 08-13-23 at 05:08 PM.
georges1 is offline  
Likes For georges1:
Old 08-13-23, 05:34 PM
  #78557  
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 9,114

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked 2,423 Times in 1,543 Posts
Decent looking Ross Signature (290? 294?) for $50 in KY.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...50504863809939

thumpism is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 05:38 PM
  #78558  
Steel is real
 
georges1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not far from Paris
Posts: 2,021

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by tmnguuyen
I like them but not sure if i'd pay over $1K for it. An XO-1 may be. What do you folks typically say, price is a bit optimistic??
Price is realistic if we look at the quality of the frame and the components. Ultegra drive train with modern Mavic open pro and Conti GP 5000. You won't be able to find such a high quality bike at lower than 1300-1400$. The Bridgestone were handmade high end frames.
georges1 is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 05:41 PM
  #78559  
Steel is real
 
georges1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not far from Paris
Posts: 2,021

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
$1,500 is kooky, so is $1,300 and I am a big fan. $300-400 already includes the "Bridgestone premium" (over what similar tubed/equipped bike would sell for) but is probably on the fair to low side.
Imagine this bike with carbon seat post, carbon saddle, carbon bar, Dura Ace transmission and Zipp 404 or Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels, it would be then in the 2000-2500$ price bracket maybe more near 3000$.
georges1 is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 06:02 PM
  #78560  
Senior Member
 
'02 nrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: se MIch.
Posts: 2,616

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 2,398 Times in 1,271 Posts
$100. lakewood,OHIO

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...25966228083290
'02 nrs is offline  
Likes For '02 nrs:
Old 08-13-23, 06:26 PM
  #78561  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 8,658

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2254 Post(s)
Liked 4,372 Times in 1,614 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
I overheard $1500 but would take $1300.

To be honest, I had no idea this was so valuable.

A couple have come through the co-op and we cleaned them up and sent them out for around $300 - 400 each.
Seems like a crazy price to me.
__________________
Steel is real...and comfy.
jamesdak is online now  
Old 08-13-23, 06:54 PM
  #78562  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 335
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 437 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by georges1
Imagine this bike with carbon seat post, carbon saddle, carbon bar, Dura Ace transmission and Zipp 404 or Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheels, it would be then in the 2000-2500$ price bracket maybe more near 3000$.
I think all those components would look out of place on the RB-1.
tmnguuyen is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 08:01 PM
  #78563  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,582

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked 1,104 Times in 605 Posts
Early one in seemingly great shape. Good price too.

1985 Cannondale SC 400 $175 Rockford, IL

Facebook IL Cannondale

Vintage Cannondale Handmade in USA all terrain bike, 1985. True time capsule bike, all original down to the tires. This lightweight aluminum Cannondale was hand made in Wilton, Connecticut . The oversized aluminum frame and perfectly smoothed welds were the signature of quality. This model has specially formed seatstays and a long wheelbase for a smooth ride and great handling. Suntour ratcheting thumb shifters are highly sought after and work perfectly. The riser bars have some sweep which allows for a comfortable riding position. The original 26 x 1.5” tires roll fast, and the frame will easily accommodate larger mountain bike tires if you prefer. Powerful cantilever brakes work fine, Sun Metal rims are straight and barely show any wear. The Selle Royal saddle is in good shape and was protected all these years by one of those gel seat covers that was so popular at the time. This would be perfect to add to your collection, or just to ride as is. I was thinking about using this for gravel riding, but once I cleaned it up it was just too nice. There are a few small scratches you can see, but no dents or any other defects. Located in Rockford Illinois, 70 miles west of Chicago.



__________________
Sedgemop is online now  
Likes For Sedgemop:
Old 08-13-23, 08:04 PM
  #78564  
WGB
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 5,491

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1734 Post(s)
Liked 2,147 Times in 1,297 Posts
Speaking of components....

guessing seller copied a lot directly from the Schwinn catalogue.

Posted 2 days ago in Kirkland, WA
Seller seems to want to sell as price dropping a lot, now at $60

1986 Schwinn High Sierra mountain bike

$60$150
Listed 2 days ago in Kirkland, WA
Message
  • Condition
    Used good
  • Bicycle type
    Mountain bike
1986 Schwinn High Sierra mountain bike. The entire bike is all original parts like it would have been from factory back in 1986 (except I put a new seat on it). Everything works, nothing broken. The "slingshot" SR Sakae MTS-101 neck stem and handlebars are beautiful and go for up to $300 when you see them for sale as a set. The front and back brakes are Suntour XC-POWER Cunningham Design roller cam brakes and levers. These brakes are special because roller cam brakes are not made anymore, so you will find a set of these front and back brakes for sale around $200. They work great, are dependable and they still make replacement brake pads for them so they are a valid piece of equipment. The factory paint colors on the frame are ivory white in front and chocolate on the rear (it looks like black and white from a few feet away, but up close you can tell its chocolate brown in the back) Im asking $60 because I need to get rid of it, it is a great hard working bike capable of being set up for numerous purposes like adding on racks for cargo and fenders. You can buy it and part it out for profit, or ride it and have a workhorse bike that has passed the test of time. Factory Catalog specs (everything is original and matching this list minus the seat I replaced) Frame material: 4130 chrome-moly tri caliber main tubes, 4130 chrome-moly, forged double eyelet dropouts. Fork: Unicrown, 4130 chrome-moly with fork crown, oversized fork blades and forged double eyelet droupouts. Frame geometry21" frame) head angle 70, seat angle 70, wheelbase 1094mm(44"). Braze-ons: Double water bottle, front "lowrider" and rear carrier bosses, top tube and bottom bracket cable guides. Headset: Tange SE II, steel, with seals. Crankset: SR FXC-T 310, 175mm, 28-38-48T, /forged alloy with hatta sealed mechanism, chrome-moly axle. Derailleurs: front- SunTour XC, rear- SunTour XC, lever- SunTour Micro Lite. Pedals: Victor HT-A-10 with chrome-moly axle. Chain: Nickel/black. Freewheel: SunTour PT6000, 14-16-19-24-28-32T. Brakes: SunTour XC Sport roller cam brakes and levers. Handlebars: SR aluminum, 50mm rise, 680 width. Stem: SR MTS101C, Slighshot with chrome moly stem. Hubs: SR MTH-300SD, alloy, small flange, sealed bearing. Rims: Araya 7X(N), 26" x 1.5" Tires: Schwinn Terra, 26" x 2.0", skinside. Spokes: stainless, 14 GA. Saddle: Viscount terra, suede. Seat Post: SR CRE-100, 26mm x 230mm Colors: Sahara bronze with sable brown ivory with chocolate. Weight21" frame) 30 lbs

​​​​​​
WGB is offline  
Likes For WGB:
Old 08-13-23, 08:22 PM
  #78565  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 347

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 300 Times in 135 Posts
Scroll up ~ two pages and look for the RB-2 @NRS posted from the Detroit area that was $60. If the weather had been crappy, I might have driven the 70 miles to get it.

And four-digit anything is crazy for an RB-1.
Of course if you pay market value for a frame and start hanging parts, you can get there quickly.
Still not worth a thousand bucks

cheers -mathias
steine13 is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 08:41 PM
  #78566  
Full Member
 
SDHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 323

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn High Sierra, 1989 Supergo Access Comp, 1990 Trek 750, 1990 Trek 970, 1991 Miyata Quickcross, 1992 Bridgestone RB-2, 1993 Bridgestone MB-3, 2002 Stumpjumper M4 Pro, 2003 S-Works FSR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 195 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Speaking of components....

guessing seller copied a lot directly from the Schwinn catalogue.

Posted 2 days ago in Kirkland, WA
Seller seems to want to sell as price dropping a lot, now at $60

1986 Schwinn High Sierra mountain bike

$60$150
Listed 2 days ago in Kirkland, WA
Message
  • Condition
    Used – good
  • Bicycle type
    Mountain bike
1986 Schwinn High Sierra mountain bike. The entire bike is all original parts like it would have been from factory back in 1986 (except I put a new seat on it). Everything works, nothing broken. The "slingshot" SR Sakae MTS-101 neck stem and handlebars are beautiful and go for up to $300 when you see them for sale as a set. The front and back brakes are Suntour XC-POWER Cunningham Design roller cam brakes and levers. These brakes are special because roller cam brakes are not made anymore, so you will find a set of these front and back brakes for sale around $200. They work great, are dependable and they still make replacement brake pads for them so they are a valid piece of equipment. The factory paint colors on the frame are ivory white in front and chocolate on the rear (it looks like black and white from a few feet away, but up close you can tell its chocolate brown in the back) Im asking $60 because I need to get rid of it, it is a great hard working bike capable of being set up for numerous purposes like adding on racks for cargo and fenders. You can buy it and part it out for profit, or ride it and have a workhorse bike that has passed the test of time. Factory Catalog specs (everything is original and matching this list minus the seat I replaced) Frame material: 4130 chrome-moly tri caliber main tubes, 4130 chrome-moly, forged double eyelet dropouts. Fork: Unicrown, 4130 chrome-moly with fork crown, oversized fork blades and forged double eyelet droupouts. Frame geometry21" frame) head angle 70, seat angle 70, wheelbase 1094mm(44"). Braze-ons: Double water bottle, front "lowrider" and rear carrier bosses, top tube and bottom bracket cable guides. Headset: Tange SE II, steel, with seals. Crankset: SR FXC-T 310, 175mm, 28-38-48T, /forged alloy with hatta sealed mechanism, chrome-moly axle. Derailleurs: front- SunTour XC, rear- SunTour XC, lever- SunTour Micro Lite. Pedals: Victor HT-A-10 with chrome-moly axle. Chain: Nickel/black. Freewheel: SunTour PT6000, 14-16-19-24-28-32T. Brakes: SunTour XC Sport roller cam brakes and levers. Handlebars: SR aluminum, 50mm rise, 680 width. Stem: SR MTS101C, Slighshot with chrome moly stem. Hubs: SR MTH-300SD, alloy, small flange, sealed bearing. Rims: Araya 7X(N), 26" x 1.5" Tires: Schwinn Terra, 26" x 2.0", skinside. Spokes: stainless, 14 GA. Saddle: Viscount terra, suede. Seat Post: SR CRE-100, 26mm x 230mm Colors: Sahara bronze with sable brown ivory with chocolate. Weight21" frame) 30 lbs

​​​​​​
That is a smokin deal imo. I have that exact bike and I love it. Only downside with this one is that shifters and brake levers do not appear original. Has the slingshot stem and roller cam brakes tho.

Last edited by SDHawk; 08-13-23 at 08:44 PM. Reason: corrected info
SDHawk is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 09:46 PM
  #78567  
WGB
WGB
 
WGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 5,491

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1734 Post(s)
Liked 2,147 Times in 1,297 Posts
Posted hrs ago 10hrs ago in Anaheim

​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...32832081554324

Bertoni ltalamerica

$150
Listed 10 hours ago in Anaheim, CA
Message
  • Condition
    Used – good
Bertoni Italamerica Road Bike Needs some work Like a need pump for the tires that are flat Also needs a gripped tape for handle bars Bike for collectors Made in Italy Have a new comfortable seat Price is negotiable Pick up in Anaheim Hills

WGB is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 09:49 PM
  #78568  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 1,599

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 1,305 Times in 497 Posts
Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
He'll own that bike for a very long time if he's asking $1300

There was a Rivendale meet and ride today. The price was three experts on the subject who all blurted a number in unison. This is what I overheard. Personally, I like my period bikes to have period parts. I don't know if that added to the price.
__________________
"Leave the gun. Take the Colnagos."
Robvolz is offline  
Old 08-13-23, 09:59 PM
  #78569  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,582

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked 1,104 Times in 605 Posts
Getting a stuck seat post vibe, but worth checking out anyway. Should clean up nicely.

Raleigh Super Course $60 Whitewater, WI

Facebook WI Super Course

Just out of LONG storage!! 51cm Raleigh Super Course 10speed road bike. Classic! Reynold frame. 21 " wheels. With Normandy hubs. Brooks leather saddle. Simplex shifting. Quite a light bike. Bring this back to its glory!



__________________
Sedgemop is online now  
Old 08-13-23, 11:14 PM
  #78570  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Burien WA
Posts: 526

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 175 Posts
Originally Posted by georges1
They were downhill MTB made rims which were highly praised by many downhill riders and are virtually indestructible, it was and still is the only rim that can take 26*2.5 OR 26*3 tires and very severe abuse...
Interesting; thanks for explaining.
mhespenheide is offline  
Old 08-14-23, 12:38 AM
  #78571  
Steel is real
 
georges1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not far from Paris
Posts: 2,021

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
Interesting; thanks for explaining.
Here is a link of 26*2.5 tires manufacturers where you will find Maxxis, Surly and Kenda. For the 26*3 then you will have either to buy the Surly Dirt Wizard or the Duro Wildlife Razorback
And a comparison between 26*3 and 29*3 MTBs
georges1 is offline  
Likes For georges1:
Old 08-14-23, 06:40 AM
  #78572  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Greenwood SC USA
Posts: 2,338

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 1,380 Times in 688 Posts
Bridgestones on FB

Bridgestone MB-2 in Procious, WV - $60.



Bridgestone RB-2 in Jefferson, GA - $150.

rustystrings61 is offline  
Likes For rustystrings61:
Old 08-14-23, 09:10 AM
  #78573  
aka: Dr. Cannondale
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,741
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2100 Post(s)
Liked 3,197 Times in 1,135 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
There was a Rivendale meet and ride today. The price was three experts on the subject who all blurted a number in unison. This is what I overheard. Personally, I like my period bikes to have period parts. I don't know if that added to the price.
Even in Portland, that's way optimistic.
Sold a perfect, literally flawless frameset of the same vintage for $800 at the peakety-peak-peak of the market; it would go for much less today- maybe $500.
This one-lots of flaws, personal build, OK bike but not a $1300+ one.
__________________
Hard at work in the Secret Underground Laboratory...
rccardr is offline  
Old 08-14-23, 09:33 AM
  #78574  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Burien WA
Posts: 526

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 175 Posts
Originally Posted by georges1
Here is a link of 26*2.5 tires manufacturers where you will find Maxxis, Surly and Kenda. For the 26*3 then you will have either to buy the Surly Dirt Wizard or the Duro Wildlife Razorback
And a comparison between 26*3 and 29*3 MTBs
I'm afraid I'm so far behind the times that my only mountain bike runs 26x2.25" tires. With cantilever brakes and quick release wheels.
mhespenheide is offline  
Likes For mhespenheide:
Old 08-14-23, 09:46 AM
  #78575  
Steel is real
 
georges1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not far from Paris
Posts: 2,021

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 779 Times in 512 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
I'm afraid I'm so far behind the times that my only mountain bike runs 26x2.25" tires. With cantilever brakes and quick release wheels.
I run 26x2.2 , v brakes and quick releases tubeless rims. The D521 can be fitted with 26x2.2 tires without problems.I will never ride something bigger than 26x2.2 , 26x2.3 might fit on the d521 as well as 26x2.5 but my goal is to be sure that I don't have too fat tires for avoiding tire rub ,also weight reduction for my builds is important.
georges1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.