Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Old 10-20-11, 07:49 PM
  #11776  
Rolling along
 
fas2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SE Alabama
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of quality road parts (RVA)
https://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/2660199494.html
Need to sell a bunch of stuff so I can buy more stuff. The circle of life.

I don't want to list this stuff on eBay just as much as you don't want to pay extra for shipping, so everything is open to offers. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail.

Dura Ace 7402 8-speed downtube shifters. Almost NOS (with box).
Dura Ace 7400 aero seatpost. 26.0mm. Almost NOS (with box).
Dura Ace 7400 dual-pivot sidepull rear brake.
Dura Ace 7401 aero-route brake levers.
Dura Ace 7400 rear derailleur,. 7-speed, indexed. Needs some work, e-mail for details.
Dura Ace 7402 8-speed cassette. Lightly used.
Shimano 105 8-speed STI shifters. Right needs a little work, e-mail for details.
Shimano 105 braze-on front derailleur.
Shimano 600/Ultegra braze-on front derailleur.
Shimano 600/Ultegra 6400 7-speed downtube shifters (2 sets).

Campagnolo Chorus monoplanar brakeset.
Campagnolo Nuovo Record downtube shifters (NOS).
Campagnolo Gran Sport (?) downtube shifters.
Campagnolo Nuovo Record crankbolts (several sets).
Campagnolo clamp-on front derailleur.
Campagnolo Veloce NOS hubset in boxes. 32h, includes skewers. 7-8 (9?) speed freehub body.
Campagnolo Nuovo Record hubset. 36h. For freewheel 5-6 speed freewheels.
Campagnolo Nuovo Record replacement brake lever (lever part only).

Paul Cross brake levers.
Mavic 631crankset. The starfish. 172.5 For single, double, or triple ring setups.
Suntour Cyclone road pedals with ALE clips.
Gipiemme Dual Sprint, Campy style road pedals.

Mavic GP4 cyclocross/road rear wheel. Tubular rim. Ultegra 9-speed hub.

Cinelli LA-84 pursuit/bullhorn bars.
True Temper cro-mo riser bars (very little rise). Neon green and amazing.
Profile trekking/butterfly bars.
GB rando-style drop bars.
Modolo ergo road drops/stem. Grooves for aero-route housing.
3TTT Campione del Mundo drop bars.

Shimano Deore DX (stag head) front and rear derailleurs.
Modolo Flash brake levers.
Suntour seatpost quick release mech.
Shimano Biopace triple crankset.
Tioga T-bone Cro-mo (Tange Prestige) stem. Classic mountain bike glory.
Vintage Shimano wingnuts (one set).
Absolute beater singlespeed wheelset. Alex ACE-19 rims. 132.5mm rear spacing, for either modern road or mountain bike dropout spacing. Needs some serious work, but I'll let them go cheap.
Assorted new, but shopworn, 27" road tires of good quality.

Again, feel free to e-mail with any questions, or if you need something you don't see listed but think I might have.

Location: RVA
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2660199494
fas2c is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 08:40 PM
  #11777  
Banned.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Snohomish, WA.
Posts: 2,997
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,436 Times in 646 Posts
I know there's a couple of people on here that are into black parts. I do not know if this is a fair price, or not.

Early black Dura Ace Calipers - $85

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/2660743491.html

Roger M is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 09:06 PM
  #11778  
Dolce far niente
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 10,834
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
66cm Della Santa for (relatively) cheap:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2660694879.html

__________________
"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

S. J. Perelman
bigbossman is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 09:09 PM
  #11779  
Dolce far niente
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 10,834
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
A smaller Della Santa (56cm), fame-set only, but still a good price:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/2659129964.html

__________________
"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

S. J. Perelman
bigbossman is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 09:15 PM
  #11780  
Dolce far niente
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 10,834
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowegian
Looks pretty nice, too bad the paint has faded. I could probably facilitate.

1970's 57 cm Palo Alto Road Frame Built in Italy by Biemmezeta - $300 (Denver)
Someone really ought to haggle with this fellow and capture this frame set. My Palo Alto gets almost half my riding time, second only to the De Rosa. They really are fantastic riding bikes.
__________________
"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

S. J. Perelman
bigbossman is offline  
Old 10-21-11, 09:56 AM
  #11781  
Senior Member
 
RoboMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
58cm Pinarello frameset - $255 buy it now



RoboMonkey is offline  
Old 10-21-11, 03:10 PM
  #11782  
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 8,610

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked 2,394 Times in 1,145 Posts
Swap https://theped.com/ https://www.trailheadcyclery.com/

Last edited by curbtender; 10-21-11 at 03:31 PM.
curbtender is offline  
Old 10-21-11, 04:35 PM
  #11783  
likes to ride an old bike
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Madison
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Anybody want a 3Rensho funnybike frameset? You also get a buncha crazy parts you don't want...

https://madison.craigslist.org/bik/2660393609.html

(Not my bike, just wanted to pass the word on.)

Last edited by MrEss; 10-21-11 at 04:39 PM.
MrEss is offline  
Old 10-21-11, 07:34 PM
  #11784  
Senior Member
 
tmh657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,936

Bikes: A few BSO's.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 52 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RoboMonkey
58cm Pinarello frameset - $255 buy it now



That's funny. I sold that Pinarello complete on Oct 3 and he parted it out immediately. I don't think he will come close to what he paid for the whole thing. No wonder he didn't care one bit about test riding it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Picture 5.jpg (101.4 KB, 55 views)
tmh657 is offline  
Old 10-21-11, 10:52 PM
  #11785  
Stop reading my posts!
 
unworthy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,903
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 754 Posts
on SF Bay Area CL (San Leandro), a 61cm Italvega frameset with Campy HS. Classic Torpedo-built with stamped DOs and rootbeer brown, for some reason the seller thinks it's ideal for a SS cyclocross build (!) Guess that covers all the trendy bases except for skinny jeans and facebook-friendly.
Reasonable price (for SF, anyhow) at $150/BO
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2662497993.html
unworthy1 is offline  
Old 10-22-11, 12:12 AM
  #11786  
Dolce far niente
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 10,834
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
on SF Bay Area CL (San Leandro), a 61cm Italvega frameset with Campy HS. Classic Torpedo-built with stamped DOs and rootbeer brown, for some reason the seller thinks it's ideal for a SS cyclocross build (!) Guess that covers all the trendy bases except for skinny jeans and facebook-friendly.
Reasonable price (for SF, anyhow) at $150/BO
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2662497993.html
"My name is Dan..." Oh, really? DRietz, maybe?
__________________
"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

S. J. Perelman
bigbossman is offline  
Old 10-22-11, 12:47 AM
  #11787  
Senior Member
 
JetWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This looks nice,

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...636431728.html
JetWave is offline  
Old 10-22-11, 01:12 AM
  #11788  
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The hot spot.
Posts: 44,497

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12447 Post(s)
Liked 7,324 Times in 3,867 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbossman
"My name is Dan..." Oh, really? DRietz, maybe?
Hahaha! That's a beauty of a frame, though! Imagine if the other two lugs were chromed also, dang!
LesterOfPuppets is online now  
Old 10-22-11, 01:14 AM
  #11789  
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The hot spot.
Posts: 44,497

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12447 Post(s)
Liked 7,324 Times in 3,867 Posts
Originally Posted by tmh657
That's funny. I sold that Pinarello complete on Oct 3 and he parted it out immediately. I don't think he will come close to what he paid for the whole thing. No wonder he didn't care one bit about test riding it.
Harsh! What crank and derailers were on it? I'm surprised he went to the trouble to get the headset out of it. Those shifters go for about $10 don't they?
LesterOfPuppets is online now  
Old 10-22-11, 09:36 AM
  #11790  
Senior Member
 
DVC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Chromed out Fuji!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bik/2662559699.html


Bike Parts: 90's ChroMoly Frame, Road/Offroad Tires.. - $1 (MKE Eastside)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-10-21, 10:30PM CDT
Reply to: sale-82vvv-2662559699@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For sale is a 1990's?? Fuji Chro Moly Frame. Frame is in excellent condition, no rust. Bare Frame, no derailers. Has handel bars with brake levers and cables, no brake calipers. Seat and Crank. 52cm from bottom of crank to top of seat post . $80 obo


1 front wheel, quick release 26". 5$
2 tires onroad/offroad with tubes. $20

1 rim 700c? clincher? front wheel, sovos hub. 10$

rob


•Location: MKE Eastside
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
DVC45 is offline  
Old 10-22-11, 09:40 AM
  #11791  
Senior Member
 
DVC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
There's a drizzle of Chrome bikes in Milwaukee!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bik/2658838970.html

Bianchi road 64cm 1987? iTaLY - $300 (New Berlin )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-10-22, 9:13AM CDT
Reply to: sale-suzex-2658838970@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I think it's a 1986 or 1987 biachi road bike 64 cm chrome steel chrome in good shape. Can be made in to single speed. 105 brakes, derailers, leavers, 2x6 down tube shifters. Awesome !!!!!!! biopace chainrings!!!!!!! Recent new Chain and newer freewheel newer Alex R450 double wall rims. Could use a seat a bit worn. Newer cables. Panaracer tires tourgaurd. Waterbottle cages. Nitto handle bar bianchi rear drop outs with adjusters
300$ obo need the cash



•Location: New Berlin
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
DVC45 is offline  
Old 10-22-11, 04:27 PM
  #11792  
Senior Member
 
Andycapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 446

Bikes: Tommasini Super Prestige, Kamra Triathlee, Nishiki Tri-A equipe', Sakai 2000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bik/2662104230.html


Talked to this fellow a minute ago, nice guy. Looks like a pretty cool frame local to me. Just a bit out of my budget/needs at the moment. Any thoughts? Is this one I'd better not get away?
Andycapp is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 08:05 AM
  #11793  
Senior Member
 
brian3069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,904

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 100 Posts
$40 Miyata 310 Modesto CA

bicycle/roadbike/older miata/10 spd
brian3069 is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 10:30 AM
  #11794  
4.6692016090
 
retrofit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Monterey Peninsula, California
Posts: 1,718

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
Bike Parts - Sale! Campy, Cinelli, De Rosa - $5 (alamo square / nopa)

retrofit is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 11:40 AM
  #11795  
Senior Member
 
bibliobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,123

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Andycapp
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bik/2662104230.html


Talked to this fellow a minute ago, nice guy. Looks like a pretty cool frame local to me. Just a bit out of my budget/needs at the moment. Any thoughts? Is this one I'd better not get away?
Oooh, that's nice. Don't see nice old English bikes in that size too often. If it were local to me and I weren't in the middle of funding a differenct project, I"d be sorely tempted...
bibliobob is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 12:06 PM
  #11796  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
small and stunning:


https://desmoines.craigslist.org/bik/2664166645.html

FRAME & FORK
The frame was hand-brazed in Panasonic's Osaka factory out of Tange 1000 double-butted CrMo steel. The fork is made of hi-tensile tubing with a Tange CCL fork crown, and it has plenty of bend to it, so the bike will still be stable with a front load. The fork ends and rear dropouts both have eyelets for fenders and racks. There are rack bosses on the seatstays as well. There are two sets of water bottle bosses, and cages are included. Frame clearances are generous- fenders and big tires (together even) should pose no problem.

The seat tube is 47cm from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the seat cluster. The top tube is 53cm center-to-center. The seat post can accommodate riders with true inseams of up to approximately 30", keep this in mind. The head tube angle is 71º and the seat tube angle is 74º. The chain stays are 44.5cm long. Wheelbase is 104.5cm long. This is a very stable bicycle.

The frame and fork are finished in a gorgeous coat of anthracite-colored enamel.

DRIVETRAIN
The entire drivetrain has been upgraded to period-correct Shimano 600 components. The 600 series was second only to Dura-Ace during its time. These components are made to function well and with proper maintenance, they will last for many, many years. And they are just beautiful, to boot. The crankset, bottom bracket, and rear derailleur were purchased as New Old Stock. Prior to installation on this bicycle they have never been used. The front derailleur and freewheel are all low-mileage and in perfect working order. They have been cleaned, greased, and polished as necessary. The chain is brand new.

The crankset is a road double. 52 teeth on the big ring, 42 on the small ring. The freewheel has six cogs ranging from 12-21 teeth. The bicycle bottoms out at 54 gear inches and tops up at 117 for when you really want to haul.

USER INTERFACE
A brand new Brooks leather saddle is included and ready to be broken in. MKS touring pedals with cages and leather toe straps are included as well. Handlebars have been wrapped in cloth tape and shellacked for weatherproofing and color and finished with Shimano 600 brake levers. The brakes are stock Shimano non-series cantilevers which have been cleaned, greased, and polished as well. Shimano 600 friction shifters are mounted to the downtube.

For occasions when you need to announce your presence to pedestrians, other cyclists, or wildlife, a brass spring bell is mounted on the stem.

WHEELS
Rims and hubs are stock. Shimano low-flange QR hubs, they are in good condition and roll fine. The rims are 27" Araya brand alloy clinchers. They have been cleaned and professionally trued. The tires are brand new Panaracer Pasela TourGuards, size 1-1/4" (equivalent to a 32c tire). These give a very supple ride over most any terrain, but they are not sluggish. They are very durable and long-lasting.
thirdgenbird is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 01:29 PM
  #11797  
Senior Member
 
himespau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 13,523
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4161 Post(s)
Liked 2,881 Times in 1,759 Posts
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
small and stunning:


https://desmoines.craigslist.org/bik/2664166645.html

FRAME & FORK
The frame was hand-brazed in Panasonic's Osaka factory out of Tange 1000 double-butted CrMo steel. The fork is made of hi-tensile tubing with a Tange CCL fork crown, and it has plenty of bend to it, so the bike will still be stable with a front load. The fork ends and rear dropouts both have eyelets for fenders and racks. There are rack bosses on the seatstays as well. There are two sets of water bottle bosses, and cages are included. Frame clearances are generous- fenders and big tires (together even) should pose no problem.

The seat tube is 47cm from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the seat cluster. The top tube is 53cm center-to-center. The seat post can accommodate riders with true inseams of up to approximately 30", keep this in mind. The head tube angle is 71º and the seat tube angle is 74º. The chain stays are 44.5cm long. Wheelbase is 104.5cm long. This is a very stable bicycle.

The frame and fork are finished in a gorgeous coat of anthracite-colored enamel.

DRIVETRAIN
The entire drivetrain has been upgraded to period-correct Shimano 600 components. The 600 series was second only to Dura-Ace during its time. These components are made to function well and with proper maintenance, they will last for many, many years. And they are just beautiful, to boot. The crankset, bottom bracket, and rear derailleur were purchased as New Old Stock. Prior to installation on this bicycle they have never been used. The front derailleur and freewheel are all low-mileage and in perfect working order. They have been cleaned, greased, and polished as necessary. The chain is brand new.

The crankset is a road double. 52 teeth on the big ring, 42 on the small ring. The freewheel has six cogs ranging from 12-21 teeth. The bicycle bottoms out at 54 gear inches and tops up at 117 for when you really want to haul.

USER INTERFACE
A brand new Brooks leather saddle is included and ready to be broken in. MKS touring pedals with cages and leather toe straps are included as well. Handlebars have been wrapped in cloth tape and shellacked for weatherproofing and color and finished with Shimano 600 brake levers. The brakes are stock Shimano non-series cantilevers which have been cleaned, greased, and polished as well. Shimano 600 friction shifters are mounted to the downtube.

For occasions when you need to announce your presence to pedestrians, other cyclists, or wildlife, a brass spring bell is mounted on the stem.

WHEELS
Rims and hubs are stock. Shimano low-flange QR hubs, they are in good condition and roll fine. The rims are 27" Araya brand alloy clinchers. They have been cleaned and professionally trued. The tires are brand new Panaracer Pasela TourGuards, size 1-1/4" (equivalent to a 32c tire). These give a very supple ride over most any terrain, but they are not sluggish. They are very durable and long-lasting.
That seller really knows how to make a good ad (and take good pictures). Gearing's rather high if it's selling as a tourer, though.
__________________
Bikes: 1996 Eddy Merckx Titanium EX, 1989/90 Colnago Super(issimo?) Piu(?), 1990 Concorde Aquila(hit by car while riding), others in build queue "when I get the time"





himespau is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 02:14 PM
  #11798  
cowboy, steel horse, etc
 
LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The hot spot.
Posts: 44,497

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12447 Post(s)
Liked 7,324 Times in 3,867 Posts
ATTN Canadien vintage MTB fantatics! 21" 1988 Bianchi Grizzly for $80

https://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/bik/2661094499.html

LesterOfPuppets is online now  
Old 10-23-11, 04:54 PM
  #11799  
Senior Member
 
leftthread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Cheese
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 213 Times in 105 Posts
Three hours left for the "BICYCLE JUNKYARD"
Comes with a boxocrap...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-JUNK...item4cfaf0981c
leftthread is offline  
Old 10-23-11, 06:29 PM
  #11800  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the drops.
Posts: 220

Bikes: '72 Schwinn Model 834 Opaque Blue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Per usual CL prices are negotiable :D

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2665247532.html

55 cm1983 Trek 500/520 Tourer/Rando/Commuter - $260 (North Side)

Date: 2011-10-23, 6:46PM CDT
Reply to: sale-hxac3-2665247532@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale is a fully rebuilt 1983 Trek 500 that is 100% ready to be your next commuter, randonneur, or light tourer. It sports a Reynolds 531 frameset and a nice laid back geometry that makes for comfy rider and has plenty of clearance for wide tires and fenders. The frame is labeled 500 but it features a triple crankset, which was the only difference between the 500 and 520 in 1983. So, it's basically a 520 but with a 500 decal. Check the specs here:

https://vintage-trek.com/TrekBrochure1983Part1.htm

The seat tube measures approx. 56 cm (center to center) and the top tube measures approximately 55 cm (center to center). So, depending on body dimensions, this should fit folk between about 5'7" to about 5'11". The only way to really tell is to take her for a test spin.

I've completely rebuilt her (greased and adjusted hubs and bottom bracket, new brake and derailleur cables, trued the wheels) and replaced the brake lever hoods. The Cinelli bar tape and Contintal Ultra Sport tires (27 x 1 1/4") are nearly new and make for a plush ride. She's all ready to roll.

If you'd like to ride her with fenders, I have a brand new set of SKS fenders (still in the box) that I'll happily install for an extra $25.

If you'd like a rear rack, I have a vintage Blackburn rack that I'll happily install for an extra $15.

Feel free to ask questions. Thanks for looking!
ChicAgo steel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.