Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show your French bikes!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show your French bikes!

Old 08-05-14, 04:19 PM
  #1426  
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,992

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,568 Times in 1,758 Posts
Originally Posted by papik
Superbe !

Is it the original colour ?
Thanks, @papik! Yes, I'm sure the paint (or what's left of it) is original.

BTW, this picture was taken on your home turf, I believe, during a tour around the Camargue. I was glad I had mounted a pair of 28 mm Pasela TG's:

__________________
Are we having fun, or what ...




Last edited by non-fixie; 08-05-14 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typo, it's late ...
non-fixie is offline  
Old 08-05-14, 04:37 PM
  #1427  
Senior Member
 
Yardbent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SW Scotland
Posts: 90

Bikes: 2008 TREK FX 7.2, 1985 Peugeot P10 'Loire',..1987 PE10N 'Premiere'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageRide
Here is my recently acquired 1968/69 Lejeune. .......
........ I even like the chrome steel Rigida rims, a welcome contrast to years of alloy rims .......
........ I will be replacing the brake pads with the correct Mafac ones ................
very nice too

if the RIGIDA are in good condition - why replace..?
i have them [near mint originals ] on my 1985 Peugeot and they look a perfect match
they ARE useless in the rain - but then the bike doesn't go out...haha
i fitted 'Kool Stop Continental' pads which help tremendously

john
Yardbent is offline  
Old 08-05-14, 05:42 PM
  #1428  
Senior Member
 
VintageRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Burnaby,B.C., Canada
Posts: 616

Bikes: 1970 Gitane TDF; 1985 Norco Magnum GT ; 2013 Rawland Stag ; 1981 Fuji 650b; Early '80's Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Yardbent - The general consensus here is that lighter alloy rims are better, and I agree but do want to keep the bike original, and since it will be used very little I tend to think "why bother?" but may just try a pair of 700C wheels on it just to see. I have three other nice bikes to ride and the Lejeune fills a spot for a half decent older road bike. Nice weather only of course and I will be getting some Kool Stop pads in the near future.
VintageRide is offline  
Old 08-06-14, 04:33 PM
  #1429  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: south of France
Posts: 403

Bikes: MBK mirage,PEUGEOT PSN10,PEUGEOT competition 7000,LA PERLE course, PEUGEOT pulse,L.AIMAR course

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
This is my PEUGEOT "competition 7000" today , on the French riviera...this bike is my best road climber and now I think it is near to be a vintage bike (it is a 1998 model) it is not in original condition, because it has a shimano 105 triple , shimano 105 brakes and front derailleur; rear derailleur is campagnolo mirage 9 V.
It is an all steel columbus "brain" frame ...9,8 kgs .
It is a fantastic climber really !

papik is offline  
Old 08-06-14, 11:28 PM
  #1430  
Senior Moment
 
Peter_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I recently changed the derailleurs on my 1982 Baffert to Huret derailleurs including the Super Special rear derailleur with drilled pulley cage
Peter_B is offline  
Old 08-06-14, 11:30 PM
  #1431  
Senior Moment
 
Peter_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
... and I recently changed my early 1980s SMG to run Shimano Dura Ace/Crane GS derailleurs. It already had Dura Ace shifters, so it is an all-Shimano drive train now....
Peter_B is offline  
Old 08-07-14, 01:15 PM
  #1432  
Newbie
 
Luckywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV USA
Posts: 12

Bikes: 2013 Felt Cafe 24 his/hers, Schwinn Typhoon Deluxe 1965, Schwinn Stingray Fastback 1974, Peugeot PH12 Centennial 1982, Schwinn Traveler III 1978 (pair), Peugeot PH8 1988, Peugeot PGN10 1984, Peugeot PY10 1975

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello. I now own a nearly exact copy of the burgundy 1988 touring peugeot bike shown above. I have spent many hours trying to find out exactly what model it is. I know that it is a 1988 because of the italicized lettering of the "PEUGEOT" main decal. The rear and front mech are exactly the same, as are the fenders and racks. The front lamp style is slightly different. I have speculated that my bike is a german market Peugeot, ( that somehow got all the way to Las Vegas ) that I have been calling a PH8 variant. I do believe I got this notion from a sale on ebay, that had a photograph of the serial number tag. I see that you also have this tag photographed, and your tag clearly says P8. Mine is a 10 speed ( two front rings ), and it has a very long top tube. Yours appears not to have this long frame. I currently see a later post where someone with a bike looking very much like yours, and mine and yet it is very different. ( Savoie ) I think the mystery of mine lies in that it is a German Market bike? Obviously, I do not have a paper serial tag to identify the bike. I can see where the tag lived previously on the frame. I will tell you honestly, I love this burgundy tour bike. I have several road Peugeots from the 80's and this one surprised me at every turn. It is deceptively fast. I get amazing leverage from the long frame. I put a tiny 80s itallian saddle ( not touring )on it for kicks, and I even fell in love with that! Las Vegas had a strangler of a rain storm the other night, and since I had not yet given this Peugeot a proper cleaning yet, I went out and rode thru the storm... WAY COOL. ( i did use an air compressor on it afterwards, and reapplied a heaping of lubricant afterwards. My bike looks just like yours, but that top tube thing looks more like the guy with the "savoie" ID post. That is all for now.


Originally Posted by DavidW56
This is my 1988 Peugeot, which I use as my commuter. Miamijim identifies it as a P8 variant. It was a Shopgoodwill.com auction win at $15, plus tax.

Luckywrench is offline  
Old 08-13-14, 02:08 PM
  #1433  
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,992

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,568 Times in 1,758 Posts
A brown metallic Mercier. Late seventies, by the looks of it. 12.85 kgs as pictured. Tubes Allégés Spécial Pro. Without the spoke and chain protectors and with some gumwalls and new bar tape it should look pretty classy.

I really look forward to taking it for a spin.

__________________
Are we having fun, or what ...




Last edited by non-fixie; 08-14-19 at 01:33 AM. Reason: restored link to picture
non-fixie is offline  
Old 08-13-14, 08:13 PM
  #1434  
Senior Member
 
Shp4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,046

Bikes: 1989 Schwinn World Sport. 1994 Diamond Back Response Elite MTB. 1964 Schwinn Typhoon. 1974 Bridgestone Sprinter, 2015 Scott Sub 10 Citybike.

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Luckywrench
Hello. I now own a nearly exact copy of the burgundy 1988 touring peugeot bike shown above. I have spent many hours trying to find out exactly what model it is. I know that it is a 1988 because of the italicized lettering of the "PEUGEOT" main decal. The rear and front mech are exactly the same, as are the fenders and racks. The front lamp style is slightly different. I have speculated that my bike is a german market Peugeot, ( that somehow got all the way to Las Vegas ) that I have been calling a PH8 variant. I do believe I got this notion from a sale on ebay, that had a photograph of the serial number tag. I see that you also have this tag photographed, and your tag clearly says P8. Mine is a 10 speed ( two front rings ), and it has a very long top tube. Yours appears not to have this long frame. I currently see a later post where someone with a bike looking very much like yours, and mine and yet it is very different. ( Savoie ) I think the mystery of mine lies in that it is a German Market bike? Obviously, I do not have a paper serial tag to identify the bike. I can see where the tag lived previously on the frame. I will tell you honestly, I love this burgundy tour bike. I have several road Peugeots from the 80's and this one surprised me at every turn. It is deceptively fast. I get amazing leverage from the long frame. I put a tiny 80s itallian saddle ( not touring )on it for kicks, and I even fell in love with that! Las Vegas had a strangler of a rain storm the other night, and since I had not yet given this Peugeot a proper cleaning yet, I went out and rode thru the storm... WAY COOL. ( i did use an air compressor on it afterwards, and reapplied a heaping of lubricant afterwards. My bike looks just like yours, but that top tube thing looks more like the guy with the "savoie" ID post. That is all for now.
Nice bike. I also have two Peugeots. The great thing about the later models is they have standard threads. These Peugeot bikes with factory mudguards and rear rack are almost impossible to find in Southern California. One of these days.....
Shp4man is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 05:26 AM
  #1435  
Senior Member
 
auchencrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
A brown metallic Mercier. Late seventies, by the looks of it. 12.85 kgs as pictured. Tubes Allégés Spécial Pro. Without the spoke and chain protectors and with some gumwalls and new bar tape it should look pretty classy.

I really look forward to taking it for a spin.

Posi-lutely! That'll be a very classy looking mount! (-but it's kind of an eye sore right now with the blue tires ).
Do you happen to know which fashionista put the blue tires on it?
__________________
- Auchen
auchencrow is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 11:26 AM
  #1436  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just to keep the color theme going: a late70s/early 80s Lejeune

estebe is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 05:03 PM
  #1437  
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,992

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,568 Times in 1,758 Posts
Originally Posted by auchencrow
Posi-lutely! That'll be a very classy looking mount! (-but it's kind of an eye sore right now with the blue tires ).
Do you happen to know which fashionista put the blue tires on it?
Thanks, Auchen. As a matter of fact I do, as I bought it from the first owner. A very nice man, who'd graciously accepted my first low-ish offer, and even threw in his spare tubes as well, so I let it go.
__________________
Are we having fun, or what ...



non-fixie is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 05:14 PM
  #1438  
Shifting is fun!
 
non-fixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Holland, NL
Posts: 10,992

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,568 Times in 1,758 Posts
Nice! I especially like that TS chain set.

Originally Posted by estebe
Just to keep the color theme going: a late70s/early 80s Lejeune

__________________
Are we having fun, or what ...



non-fixie is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 05:29 PM
  #1439  
What??? Only 2 wheels?
 
jimmuller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston-ish, MA
Posts: 13,433

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by estebe
Just to keep the color theme going: a late70s/early 80s Lejeune

Nice color scheme, but that chain is too short!
__________________
Real cyclists use toe clips.
With great bikes comes great responsibility.
jimmuller
jimmuller is offline  
Old 08-14-14, 06:20 PM
  #1440  
Senior Member
 
Chombi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,128

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Nice color scheme, but that chain is too short!
Yup!, the Delrin's screaming in pain!
But that bike's really super classic French nice!
Chombi is offline  
Old 08-15-14, 09:42 AM
  #1441  
Senior Member
 
toavii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 558

Bikes: 1989 Tommasini Super Prestige, 1985 Chris Kvale, 1977 Colnago Super, 1992 Serotta Colorado, 1984 Schwinn Cimarron

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Not as cool as some of the bikes in this thread but of all the bikes I've gone through, it's one of my most enjoyable to ride. I've posted it before on this site but I guess not in this thread.

'77 (I believe?) Motobecane Grand Jubile

toavii is offline  
Old 08-15-14, 04:42 PM
  #1442  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: south of France
Posts: 403

Bikes: MBK mirage,PEUGEOT PSN10,PEUGEOT competition 7000,LA PERLE course, PEUGEOT pulse,L.AIMAR course

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I am happy, during two years was searching a bike like the MOTOBECANE "grand Touring" exported to the USA if posible black and red , and today I found this classy 1978 MOTOBECANE P10 , in all original condition !

papik is offline  
Old 08-15-14, 08:26 PM
  #1443  
Senior Member
 
Shp4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,046

Bikes: 1989 Schwinn World Sport. 1994 Diamond Back Response Elite MTB. 1964 Schwinn Typhoon. 1974 Bridgestone Sprinter, 2015 Scott Sub 10 Citybike.

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by papik
I am happy, during two years was searching a bike like the MOTOBECANE "grand Touring" exported to the USA if posible black and red , and today I found this classy 1978 MOTOBECANE P10 , in all original condition !
Really nice!
Shp4man is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 06:35 AM
  #1444  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: south of France
Posts: 403

Bikes: MBK mirage,PEUGEOT PSN10,PEUGEOT competition 7000,LA PERLE course, PEUGEOT pulse,L.AIMAR course

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Shp4man
Really nice!
Thanks shp4man ! it is very paradoxal, but these bicycles, considered as an archetyp of the French classics bicycles, are now , very few in France ...
papik is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 06:47 AM
  #1445  
Senior Member
 
auchencrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by papik
I am happy, during two years was searching a bike like the MOTOBECANE "grand Touring" exported to the USA if posible black and red , and today I found this classy 1978 MOTOBECANE P10 , in all original condition !....
Coolness. How did you come across that Papik?
(Never having been to the South of France myself, I harbor the fantasy that all manner of spiffy French bikes are available anywhere for a mere pittance - but I suppose the reality is that you have to work at it to find cool bikes - just like we do here.)
__________________
- Auchen
auchencrow is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 07:20 AM
  #1446  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: south of France
Posts: 403

Bikes: MBK mirage,PEUGEOT PSN10,PEUGEOT competition 7000,LA PERLE course, PEUGEOT pulse,L.AIMAR course

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by auchencrow
Coolness. How did you come across that Papik?
(Never having been to the South of France myself, I harbor the fantasy that all manner of spiffy French bikes are available anywhere for a mere pittance - but I suppose the reality is that you have to work at it to find cool bikes - just like we do here.)
It was a "pure hasard"...I bought it from a man who sold his house ...
papik is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 08:54 AM
  #1447  
If I own it, I ride it
 
CV-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardinal Country
Posts: 5,579

Bikes: Lejeune(14), Raleigh, Raysport, Jan De Reus, Gazelle, Masi, B. Carré(4), Springfield, Greg Lemond, Andre Bertin, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 662 Times in 311 Posts
Originally Posted by estebe
Just to keep the color theme going: a late70s/early 80s Lejeune

I don't see many "mid-range" Lejeunes. Mostly low or high end. Very nice find. Is that the remains of a 531 decal on the ST? Possibly 3 tube 531?
__________________
Please do not "like" my posts. This isn't Facebook.

Lynn Travers

Photos

CV-6 is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 08:58 AM
  #1448  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STP
Posts: 14,491
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 141 Posts
Originally Posted by toavii
Not as cool as some of the bikes in this thread but of all the bikes I've gone through, it's one of my most enjoyable to ride. I've posted it before on this site but I guess not in this thread.

'77 (I believe?) Motobecane Grand Jubile

Welcome neighbor.

Gorgeous bicycle.

What part of St. Paul do you live in?
gomango is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 09:04 AM
  #1449  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CV-6
I don't see many "mid-range" Lejeunes. Mostly low or high end. Very nice find. Is that the remains of a 531 decal on the ST? Possibly 3 tube 531?
Yes it is a 3 tube 531. You helped me with info when i posted a few day ago searching for model info Only question is if the forks are reynolds as well. Funny thing is that the rear dropouts have the brev. campagnolo marking yet the forks don`t...

estebe is offline  
Old 08-16-14, 09:27 AM
  #1450  
Senior Member
 
toavii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 558

Bikes: 1989 Tommasini Super Prestige, 1985 Chris Kvale, 1977 Colnago Super, 1992 Serotta Colorado, 1984 Schwinn Cimarron

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gomango
Welcome neighbor.

Gorgeous bicycle.

What part of St. Paul do you live in?
Well, we actually just recently moved to Cottage Grove. We lived in the Highland neighborhood.
toavii is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.