Bike Forums

Bike Forums (
-   Classic & Vintage (
-   -   A&P adjustable track stem? (

letsgetsandy 01-07-10 02:30 PM

A&P adjustable track stem?
so I got an old 1953 schwinn traveler that had this stem on it. obviously it is not original. I was wondering if anyone has heard of the brand A&P? the only markings on it are at the tip of the adjustable part it says "A&P made in england". It appears to be a track stem as the angle on it is pretty steap. I can't find anything online about it.sorry about the bad pic. It's from a cell phone. Any help would be cool.

EjustE 01-07-10 02:38 PM

A&P = Accles & Pollock. UK company, used to make bikes and later bike parts from the late 1800s until the 1960s (also motorcycle, auto and airplane parts). Major competitor to Reynolds from 30-60s. Still around focusing on high tech metal stuff.

treebound 01-07-10 03:08 PM

And 30 people just bookmarked this thread to watch and see if you are thinking of selling that stem. 8-)

It's a neat looking vintage piece.

letsgetsandy 01-07-10 03:21 PM

haha i wouldnt sell it as I put it on my track bike that i commute on.

ilikebikes 01-07-10 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetsandy (Post 10239262)
haha i wouldnt sell it as I put it on my track bike that i commute on.

Not wishing bad luck on you but I can say for sure that it will be stolen if you leave your commuter unattended for even a minute.

If you do choose to sell I'm buying. (I have no shame)

letsgetsandy 01-07-10 04:00 PM

oh it gets put inside my office. the background in the pic is an empty cubicle.

treebound 01-07-10 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ilikebikes (Post 10239345)
(I have no shame)

(I have no cash, but bookmarks are free. ).

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.