Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Old 09-07-19, 07:14 AM
  #21201  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,239
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 94 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by gster View Post

I did some more work on the hercules yesterday.
The 22T freewheel was added as well as a new chain.
Even at 114 links it wasn't quite long enough so it was extended.
The rod brakes still need some tweeking but overall a pleasant
vintage ride.
I can't see myself putting a lot of miles on it but a fun project
to work on.
Looking great. It is a fun project. A long term project too. You never know when things like a perfect crank and pedals will show up. How about a pre-war 3 speed hub and quadrant shifter? I'd be tempted. Are you still planning on adding the head badge transfer? And then...there's the pinstripes. I've been wanting to try that for years. Right now, my next project plan is a total repaint of that 70s Sports I have. It's getting an S5 hub and pinstripes. We'll see how that goes.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-07-19, 07:55 PM
  #21202  
jackbombay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 429 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Right now, my next project plan is a total repaint of that 70s Sports I have. It's getting an S5 hub and pinstripes. We'll see how that goes.
I just picked up a 1968 Raleigh Sprite, born with an S5, I'm not totally sure how I want to proceed with the build, it will be a resto/mod build of sorts, but man I love the S5 hubs!
jackbombay is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 07:29 AM
  #21203  
nlerner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,915
Mentioned: 409 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3070 Post(s)
Liked 4,110 Times in 1,794 Posts
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
I just picked up a 1968 Raleigh Sprite, born with an S5, I'm not totally sure how I want to proceed with the build, it will be a resto/mod build of sorts, but man I love the S5 hubs!
Are the shift levers in decent condition? That’s the part that seems to have the smallest chance of survival.
nlerner is online now  
Old 09-08-19, 08:42 AM
  #21204  
jackbombay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 429 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner View Post
Are the shift levers in decent condition? That’s the part that seems to have the smallest chance of survival.
I has a "speedy switch 3 speed" shifter on each side of the bars.
jackbombay is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 09:50 AM
  #21205  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,239
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 94 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
I has a "speedy switch 3 speed" shifter on each side of the bars.
I have mine shifting from the handlebar too. A regular 3 speed trigger on the right and a SunTour power shifter on the left. English bikes have had indexed, handlebar shifting since 1939. The decision to shift the S5 from the top tube was a step backward in my opinion.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 10:14 AM
  #21206  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
I has a "speedy switch 3 speed" shifter on each side of the bars.
I have a Sprite w/ the 5 speed hub.
I added the double throttle shifters.

I find if the bike sits for awhile w/ both shifters on the "off" position,
i.e both forward, the secondary shifter will not engage easily.
The bike now rests with the primary "off" i.e. in third and the secondary
shifter engaged.
Seems to keep the hub freed up.
gster is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 10:27 AM
  #21207  
Cute Boy Horse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Here's a weird one I just found on dutch auction site Marktplaats.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietsen...reviousPage=lr


The seller has uploaded some really, really bad low res photos here. Pixel city. I assume it's an older person. So what you think, it's just an old Rod-drum brake bike. Look closer.

The brake mechanism is completely different. The handlebars have a covered section in the middle with some marking on it, the rod to the front drum brake is curved, and instead of a bell crank for the rear brake it turns into a cable!

Anyone ran across this before?
Cute Boy Horse is offline  
Likes For Cute Boy Horse:
Old 09-08-19, 01:50 PM
  #21208  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Looking great. It is a fun project. A long term project too. You never know when things like a perfect crank and pedals will show up. How about a pre-war 3 speed hub and quadrant shifter? I'd be tempted. Are you still planning on adding the head badge transfer? And then...there's the pinstripes. I've been wanting to try that for years. Right now, my next project plan is a total repaint of that 70s Sports I have. It's getting an S5 hub and pinstripes. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks again BC for some positive words.
I always have my eye open for a quadrant shifter but have never found one (at a reasonable price...).
Pinstripes would be nice. I've tried automotive vinyl pin striping before with limited results.
I've been using Epifanes boat paint on the boat and appears very durable for a bike.
Also expensive.

Please document your progress on the Sports.
gster is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 01:52 PM
  #21209  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,239
Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 94 Times in 78 Posts
I've never seen brakes like that before. From the font on the down tube transfer I'm figuring it's a Danish Raleigh.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 03:35 PM
  #21210  
Road Fan
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 16,216

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 357 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Here you go.
Ok - according to the chart, the BSD circumference 77.00 inches is the closest match to 630 mm BSD, since it calculates out to 630.41 mm BSD. So a "more" modern 630b tire could be placed on such rims, even though the tire sizes for those rims are given as 28" rather than 27". Is this right? A "modern" 630 x 38 for example should still be a tight fit due to the stretchier interface of the tire bead to the bead seat surface.
Road Fan is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 03:37 PM
  #21211  
Road Fan
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 16,216

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 357 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism View Post
I was leafing through Style Magazine this morning, our arts and entertainment weekly, when I spotted the ad for the opera's upcoming season. The photo for Il Postino (actually from the LA Opera's production of the show) shows a familiar profile in the role of postal bike, a root beer colored Raleigh Sports like my own, right down to the Pletscher rack. For an Italian opera about a Chilean writer it seemed like an odd choice; after all, who'd notice a stupid little detail like that? Probably the same kind of person who'd notice the wrong bird calls for a purported locale and season in a movie or television show. Nerds, in other words! Synopsis and trailer below.


"Set on a small Italian island, exiled Chilean poet Pablo Neruda receives so much fan mail that a personal postman, Mario Ruoppolo, is hired to deliver his letters. Mario, smitten by Beatrice Russo, turns to Pablo for help writing poetry that would help him win the heart of the woman he longs for. Soon after, Mario and the barmaid fall in love and wed. In the third act, influenced by Pablo's works, Mario begins writing political poems and while reciting at a communist demonstration, violence breaks out and he receives a gunshot wound, killing him."

https://www.pbs.org/video/great-perf...om-la-opera-1/

And the singer's saddle is way too low!
Road Fan is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 03:44 PM
  #21212  
Road Fan
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 16,216

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 357 Posts
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post
Made a template up by tracing some paper laid over the fork blade. Used some 0.125" thick stainless sheet just because thats what was in the scrap pile. Used a hacksaw, files and drill bits to shape the plates. Once I had the holes for the axles drilled, I bolted the plates together through the axle hole to ensure they both got filed down to the same contour during the shaping process. Then bolted the plates onto the forks - the plates are held on by the original fender stay screws and the wheel axle. When fitting the new position for the fender stays, I used small 'C' clamps to hold the stays to the plates. Once nothing rubbed and the fender line looked OK, traced the outline of the fender stay hole on the plate with a marker. Centre punched and drilled the holes for the fender stay bolts.

Its a convoluted solution - maybe its easier to bend or remove metal from the underside of the fender peak. But the plates are easily removed with no permanent effect if you decide to go back to original profile tires.
Do you have a picture of the end result? I'm not sure what problem you are solving.
Road Fan is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 04:05 PM
  #21213  
Bomarc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 52

Bikes: Miele Latina, Worksman INB, Rapido Eska Folder, Raleigh Superbe, Raleigh Sprite, Soma Stanyan 650b, VeloSolex 3800, Raleigh Competition GS, CTC Supercycle, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan View Post
Do you have a picture of the end result? I'm not sure what problem you are solving.


Bracket pulls fender stay closer to axle.


Which raises fender peak up so it doesn't rub on fat profile tire.
Bomarc is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 04:15 PM
  #21214  
Road Fan
Senior Member
 
Road Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 16,216

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 357 Posts
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post


Bracket pulls fender stay closer to axle.


Which raises fender peak up so it doesn't rub on fat profile tire.
NICE! some creative fender tuning!
Road Fan is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 04:24 PM
  #21215  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post


Bracket pulls fender stay closer to axle.


Which raises fender peak up so it doesn't rub on fat profile tire.
Very clever.
gster is offline  
Old 09-08-19, 05:51 PM
  #21216  
clubman 
Youngman Grand
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,309

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2120 Post(s)
Liked 1,516 Times in 971 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan View Post
Ok - according to the chart, the BSD circumference 77.00 inches is the closest match to 630 mm BSD, since it calculates out to 630.41 mm BSD. So a "more" modern 630b tire could be placed on such rims, even though the tire sizes for those rims are given as 28" rather than 27". Is this right? A "modern" 630 x 38 for example should still be a tight fit due to the stretchier interface of the tire bead to the bead seat surface.
Not quite. The Circumference at Bead Seat seems to muddy some waters even more. 77.00 is a 700c tire, typically known in Canada as 28 x 1 1/2 or F13 or 28 1 x 1 3/4, not to be confused with the larger F10 British rim found on DL-1's and Tourists.

The 77.89 is the K2 or typical 630 mm. The math may not support the chart but hey, they made the tires. The chart does help some canucks trying to figure out what they have but I also like Sheldon's chart for better clarity. He has 700c at 76.9 and 77.9 for 630 mm. Close enough.
clubman is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 05:49 AM
  #21217  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Not quite. The Circumference at Bead Seat seems to muddy some waters even more. 77.00 is a 700c tire, typically known in Canada as 28 x 1 1/2 or F13 or 28 1 x 1 3/4, not to be confused with the larger F10 British rim found on DL-1's and Tourists.

The 77.89 is the K2 or typical 630 mm. The math may not support the chart but hey, they made the tires. The chart does help some canucks trying to figure out what they have but I also like Sheldon's chart for better clarity. He has 700c at 76.9 and 77.9 for 630 mm. Close enough.
Wow....
This is worse than buying ink for a printer.
I'll take my EA1 rim down to the shop and see what fits.
gster is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 06:20 AM
  #21218  
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.
 
thumpism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 8,344

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2400 Post(s)
Liked 1,598 Times in 1,110 Posts
Looks like a Sturmey bike. Looks English. Looks kinda dusty.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/...974165453.html

Western Flyer - $50

bicycle frame material: steel
bicycle type: cruiser
frame size: N/a
wheel size: other/unknown

Western Flyer bicycle $50. Please call Jim Hall show contact info
. Do not text, call only.
thumpism is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 06:51 AM
  #21219  
clubman 
Youngman Grand
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,309

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2120 Post(s)
Liked 1,516 Times in 971 Posts
Originally Posted by gster View Post
Wow....
This is worse than buying ink for a printer.
I'll take my EA1 rim down to the shop and see what fits.
Good luck with it. I spent a few years combing the Toronto bike shops for EA1 tires, it's why I have some stock. I don't think I scoured the Junction or Weston area but I did get to most of the shops over to High Park. Don't forget the Schwinn 26 x 1 3/8 size is also an EA1/597 bead. They don't inflate as hard with their wider profile but they will fit.
clubman is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 07:27 AM
  #21220  
LBCwanabe 
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 103 Posts
Nice
LBCwanabe is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 07:36 AM
  #21221  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,176

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 495 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7015 Post(s)
Liked 1,765 Times in 1,099 Posts
I rode the NYC Century yesterday. I saw some Bromptons and some other unlikely bikes but no Sportses. There may have been some. The ride wasn't hilly, though as mentioned before, there was a lot of stopping and going.
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Likes For noglider:
Old 09-09-19, 10:55 AM
  #21222  
Bomarc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 52

Bikes: Miele Latina, Worksman INB, Rapido Eska Folder, Raleigh Superbe, Raleigh Sprite, Soma Stanyan 650b, VeloSolex 3800, Raleigh Competition GS, CTC Supercycle, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gster View Post
I have a Sprite w/ the 5 speed hub.
I added the double throttle shifters.

I find if the bike sits for awhile w/ both shifters on the "off" position,
i.e both forward, the secondary shifter will not engage easily.
The bike now rests with the primary "off" i.e. in third and the secondary
shifter engaged.
Seems to keep the hub freed up.
Originally Posted by gster View Post
I have a Sprite w/ the 5 speed hub.
I added the double throttle shifters.

I find if the bike sits for awhile w/ both shifters on the "off" position,
i.e both forward, the secondary shifter will not engage easily.
The bike now rests with the primary "off" i.e. in third and the secondary
shifter engaged.
Seems to keep the hub freed up.

Just picked up a SA twist shifter which I plan to use for the high-low range on the left bar & run a trigger shifter on the right. Also got a 6.25" axle & might change it over from the 6.00" axle - doesn't look like theres much room for the bell crank in this picture.
Bomarc is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 11:39 AM
  #21223  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post

Just picked up a SA twist shifter which I plan to use for the high-low range on the left bar & run a trigger shifter on the right. Also got a 6.25" axle & might change it over from the 6.00" axle - doesn't look like there's much room for the bell crank in this picture.
Looks like a fun project.
Valentine at Riders Cycle on Harbord built a nice wheel for me for the 1930 Hercules.

Last edited by gster; 09-09-19 at 01:15 PM.
gster is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 11:44 AM
  #21224  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,544

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 271 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Good luck with it. I spent a few years combing the Toronto bike shops for EA1 tires, it's why I have some stock. I don't think I scoured the Junction or Weston area but I did get to most of the shops over to High Park. Don't forget the Schwinn 26 x 1 3/8 size is also an EA1/597 bead. They don't inflate as hard with their wider profile but they will fit.
Good advice.
There's still an old shop in the Junction that I got a NOS trigger from a couple of years ago.
gster is offline  
Old 09-09-19, 12:58 PM
  #21225  
Bomarc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 52

Bikes: Miele Latina, Worksman INB, Rapido Eska Folder, Raleigh Superbe, Raleigh Sprite, Soma Stanyan 650b, VeloSolex 3800, Raleigh Competition GS, CTC Supercycle, Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gster View Post
Looks like a fun project.
Valentine at Riders Cycle on Harbord build a nice wheel for me for the 1930 Hercules.
Thanks, the plan is to build a fake Clubman using parts from a couple of ratty Supercycles. Nothing too extreme - it'll still have some comfy North Road bars and a sprung saddle. I enjoy building wheels and have some CR18 rims & spokes coming in the mail but I'll keep your reference in mind if I run into problems. Cheers.
Bomarc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.