Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1985 Trek 760 : My first road bike!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1985 Trek 760 : My first road bike!

Old 10-16-14, 04:01 AM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by nuron
Hey guys, I still have the bike! I rode it for a year and let my brother ride it now since he got into bicycling. I was disheartened to find a small dent on the top tube but with all of its imperfections, it might as well get used. I've since picked up an early Trek 2500 with the carbon fiber main tubes. Still doesn't feel as nice as that 760 though...
Steel is real. Glad to hear the bike is still on the road, the 760 was built for lively rides. My main ride is a Cannondale Criterium Series but when I take the 760 out around town I'm reminded why vintage steel racers are in a class of their own.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 06:50 AM
  #52  
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,943
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Nuron,
How about a few pictures of the Trek since your brother has it handy? I'd love to see how it turned out, dings and all.

Bill
__________________
Semper Fi, USMC, 1975-1977

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13


qcpmsame is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 07:11 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I ride a 58 due to being 6 foot tall. A lot of racers back in day rode frames smaller than they would today because the smaller frame wouldn't feel as noodly and it was lighter. I chose to go with a frame more suited to my size because my previous bike was a 56 and I felt a bit cramped, so after test riding those two Treks (and a slew of other manufactures bikes) the 660 used a bit more stout frame with the 531cs tubeset that did weigh a bit more vs the 531p (in 1984) but since it wasn't rotational weight the extra 1/4th to 1/2 pound (depending on who you talk to!) wasn't a big deal and it made up for the extra weight by the much snappier response when hammered.

Side note, I still have the 660 but I bought that bike as frame and fork and then had all Suntour Superbe components on it. Since I was doing a lot of mountain riding and racing I needed a responsive frame, I also needed a rear derailleur that would shift fast while even climbing and the Superbe Tech derailleur the LBS sold me on did exactly that and shifted faster than any derailleur I went up against. The Tech derailleur was quite a bit heavier than the Superbe Pro by about 100 grams but again it wasn't rotational and the bang type of shift I got even while climbing made up for the weight I thought. Despite what reports said about that Tech derailleur having issues I never had one problem with it even after 160,000 miles!
I'm curious as to what freewheel gearing you used in the mountains/hills. Do you recall? My 760 has a Shimano SIS 13-26 combined with a 42/53 chainset.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 07:18 AM
  #54  
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,652

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,708 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by nuron
Hey guys, I still have the bike! I rode it for a year and let my brother ride it now since he got into bicycling. I was disheartened to find a small dent on the top tube but with all of its imperfections, it might as well get used.
I have a big dent in the top tube of my Voyageur SP- I know that "disheartening" feeling.

That really is a special bike- even with a dent in the top tube!
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 08:13 AM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Nuron,
How about a few pictures of the Trek since your brother has it handy? I'd love to see how it turned out, dings and all.

Bill
Yes, the people want to see.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 09:25 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
We're getting pretty close to a 760 Appreciation thread here. I wouldn't mind seeing such a thing. How rare are these bikes anyway? I saw somebody call it "semi-rare" and that seemed about right to me, whatever that might actually mean.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 07:07 PM
  #57  
Forum Moderator
 
cb400bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 20,719

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3108 Post(s)
Liked 6,692 Times in 3,833 Posts
Somewhere on the web I saw a chart with Trek sales by model and year. I can't seem to find it now.
__________________












cb400bill is offline  
Old 10-16-14, 08:32 PM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
We're getting pretty close to a 760 Appreciation thread here. I wouldn't mind seeing such a thing. How rare are these bikes anyway? I saw somebody call it "semi-rare" and that seemed about right to me, whatever that might actually mean.
Start one and I'm in.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 06:27 AM
  #59  
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,652

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,708 Times in 938 Posts
@OldsCOOL

When I was in Door County WI- there is a bike rental place by Peninsula State Park- there's a poster of the old ad for the 85 760. It's something like a "weapon of mass destruction" or something like that. I was going to take a picture of the poster, but it's in the men's room- and I thought it would be creepy getting out my camera in a public bathroom.

It might be fun to try to find that ad-
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 06:27 AM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 8,690

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
We're getting pretty close to a 760 Appreciation thread here. I wouldn't mind seeing such a thing. How rare are these bikes anyway? I saw somebody call it "semi-rare" and that seemed about right to me, whatever that might actually mean.
Trek never sold a lot of them and now with the passage of time I would indeed call them at least semi rare but I would probably go as far as to call them rare, I think most people who have these bikes know their worth quite a bit and for a complete unmolested 760 it will probably go for around $1,200, I did see a frame and fork in excellent condition for around $500, a lot of people stripped off the Campy stuff over the years and sold them. Those were fantastic bikes IF the owner either wasn't strong enough to notice the noodly frame or short enough that they were in a smaller frame where the effect wasn't there.

I did forget to mention something in my earlier post about the noodly effect, the 760 was not as noodly as some bikes I tested especially the Peugeot which was horrible in that department, but the 760 I felt wasn't any worse than Italian tubesets of the era!! That's why I tested so many bikes in 84 was in the hopes of finding one that was the least noodly of the pack and the 660 was that, although later in 87 I discovered Miyata and bought a Team because that bike is just incredibly stiff I believe due to the splined tubing. The Miyata is another bike that is semi rare and overlooked by a lot of folk. Personally I think the Miyata Team, 912, or the 712 (which I also have that I found in a garage sale for $50 years ago) are better frames in terms of stiffness then the Trek 760 or 660, but in that regards to comfort the Trek 660 has the Miyata beat. So it really depends on what your after, comfort or the most amount of power transferred to the rear that a steel frame can offer. Miyata's can be found at lower prices than a Trek by around $500 less (due to not having Campy components I'm sure), but again semi rare to rare depending on model.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 06:55 AM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
@OldsCOOL

When I was in Door County WI- there is a bike rental place by Peninsula State Park- there's a poster of the old ad for the 85 760. It's something like a "weapon of mass destruction" or something like that. I was going to take a picture of the poster, but it's in the men's room- and I thought it would be creepy getting out my camera in a public bathroom.

It might be fun to try to find that ad-
That would be a poster fully qualified for a reprint! Too cool, man. I'll be searching for it!
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 06:55 AM
  #62  
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 8,690

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
@OldsCOOL

When I was in Door County WI- there is a bike rental place by Peninsula State Park- there's a poster of the old ad for the 85 760. It's something like a "weapon of mass destruction" or something like that. I was going to take a picture of the poster, but it's in the men's room- and I thought it would be creepy getting out my camera in a public bathroom.

It might be fun to try to find that ad-
Here's a little history about that ad: Mary Burke defends Trek in new TV ad What you saw was a political ad that accused Trek of mass destruction of jobs in the US to China. Is that true? you decide, but it's why I don't buy Treks anymore.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 07:08 AM
  #63  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Those were fantastic bikes IF the owner either wasn't strong enough to notice the noodly frame or short enough that they were in a smaller frame where the effect wasn't there.

I did forget to mention something in my earlier post about the noodly effect, the 760 was not as noodly as some bikes I tested especially the Peugeot which was horrible in that department, but the 760 I felt wasn't any worse than Italian tubesets of the era!! That's why I tested so many bikes in 84 was in the hopes of finding one that was the least noodly of the pack and the 660 was that, although later in 87 I discovered Miyata and bought a Team because that bike is just incredibly stiff I believe due to the splined tubing. The Miyata is another bike that is semi rare and overlooked by a lot of folk. Personally I think the Miyata Team, 912, or the 712 (which I also have that I found in a garage sale for $50 years ago) are better frames in terms of stiffness then the Trek 760 or 660, but in that regards to comfort the Trek 660 has the Miyata beat. So it really depends on what your after, comfort or the most amount of power transferred to the rear that a steel frame can offer. Miyata's can be found at lower prices than a Trek by around $500 less (due to not having Campy components I'm sure), but again semi rare to rare depending on model.
All these "noodly" 760 comments are interesting to me. The only other race bike I've owned is the lowly '88 Trek 360 with the True Temper frame. Now, that one is noodly for sure. It will change gears with aggressive riding or any hill climbing. The ride is also pretty harsh over less than perfect pavement too. I still like the 360, but the 760 is superior in every way. No big surprise there, I guess.

I'm looking forward to trying out some Japanese bikes. Once I get my fill of old Treks, I imagine some Miyatas and Centurions are in the future.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 07:33 AM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
auchencrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
All these "noodly" 760 comments are interesting to me. The only other race bike I've owned is the lowly '88 Trek 360 with the True Temper frame. Now, that one is noodly for sure. It will change gears with aggressive riding or any hill climbing. The ride is also pretty harsh over less than perfect pavement too. I still like the 360, but the 760 is superior in every way. No big surprise there, I guess. ...
I have both a 660 and a 760 Trek: I don't think of them as "noodley" either - in fact they climb pretty well (though they both happen to be be very small (56cm) frames).
__________________
- Auchen
auchencrow is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 07:45 AM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 8,690

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
All these "noodly" 760 comments are interesting to me. The only other race bike I've owned is the lowly '88 Trek 360 with the True Temper frame. Now, that one is noodly for sure. It will change gears with aggressive riding or any hill climbing. The ride is also pretty harsh over less than perfect pavement too. I still like the 360, but the 760 is superior in every way. No big surprise there, I guess.

I'm looking forward to trying out some Japanese bikes. Once I get my fill of old Treks, I imagine some Miyatas and Centurions are in the future.
Also look at the upper end Fuji's from Club on up, they used that quad butted Fuji VaLite or the Fuji 9658 tubing and those were also significantly stiffer than the 760 but not quite as stiff as the Miyata splined tubeset...in my 58 size. The Fuji Club that I own is the lightest of all the steel bikes that I own, so if you want a lightweight bike with more than adequate stiffness look at the Fuji.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 08:19 AM
  #66  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
Start one and I'm in.
Great. I'll probably start up a thread, once I take some photos of mine.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 08:22 AM
  #67  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Also look at the upper end Fuji's from Club on up, they used that quad butted Fuji VaLite or the Fuji 9658 tubing and those were also significantly stiffer than the 760 but not quite as stiff as the Miyata splined tubeset...in my 58 size. The Fuji Club that I own is the lightest of all the steel bikes that I own, so if you want a lightweight bike with more than adequate stiffness look at the Fuji.
Thanks for the tip. I don't see their high end stuff too often, but I'll check them out when I do.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 08:30 AM
  #68  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
Once I get my fill of old Treks, I imagine some Miyatas and Centurions are in the future.
One does not simply get their fill of old Treks.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 08:35 AM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
One does not simply get their fill of old Treks.
Uh, I'm afraid you're right about that. i'm trying not to be a collector, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm picking up a '77 TX500 this weekend.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 09:53 AM
  #70  
Extraordinary Magnitude
 
The Golden Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 13,652

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,708 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Here's a little history about that ad: Mary Burke defends Trek in new TV ad What you saw was a political ad that accused Trek of mass destruction of jobs in the US to China. Is that true? you decide, but it's why I don't buy Treks anymore.
No, what I saw was a poster from 1985 advertising the Trek 760 bicycle.

And, thanks for bringing nonsensical politics into it.
__________________
*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Person Of The Year" Award*

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
The Golden Boy is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 10:50 AM
  #71  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Here's a little history about that ad: Mary Burke defends Trek in new TV ad What you saw was a political ad that accused Trek of mass destruction of jobs in the US to China. Is that true? you decide, but it's why I don't buy Treks anymore.
That is what makes C&V what it is. In fact, rather defines it.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 10:51 AM
  #72  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
No, what I saw was a poster from 1985 advertising the Trek 760 bicycle.

And, thanks for bringing nonsensical politics into it.
I must have that poster for my bike room.
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 10:53 AM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
One does not simply get their fill of old Treks.
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
Uh, I'm afraid you're right about that. i'm trying not to be a collector, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm picking up a '77 TX500 this weekend.
I looked at your avatar and cracked up. I thought, "aint happenin', how do I tell him??".
OldsCOOL is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 12:53 PM
  #74  
Senior Member
 
Sedgemop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,086

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
I looked at your avatar and cracked up. I thought, "aint happenin', how do I tell him??".
At least I'm surrounded by people who understand.
Sedgemop is offline  
Old 10-17-14, 01:50 PM
  #75  
Senior Member
 
OldsCOOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 13,319

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by Sedgemop
At least I'm surrounded by people who understand.
I'll start the thread.
OldsCOOL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.