Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   What came in the post for you today? (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/837952-what-came-post-you-today.html)

Bianchigirll 11-27-12 06:21 AM


Originally Posted by Pars (Post 14985455)
Cool poster BG!

Thanks, I have wanted one for years. I am going to get it dry mounted and put about a 2" Celeste matting around it in a simple black frame what do you all think?

southpawboston 11-27-12 06:30 AM

Yesterday I received a double-header:
  • New REI order of winter wear: Marmot coat, Novara cycling jacket, SmartWool jersey, and wool socks
  • New pair of Dura Ace 10-speed downtube shifters for my upcoming Rawland Stag build.

I should be receiving many more packages between now and Christmas. And I'll be sending a lot of packages, too, as I fund my Rawland build.

iab 11-27-12 07:06 PM

Il grigio-rosso della Casa Frejus

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CAPPELLO-BERR...N-Q~~60_12.JPG

Drillium Dude 11-27-12 11:52 PM

I have other hobbies; I'll build this start-to-finish while on leave in Phoenix.

1980 Group 5 Lancia Beta Monte Carlo:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8066/8...2da0829d_b.jpg

Kit includes full engine detail and the front clip is removable so as to show off the front suspension and subframe. Pretty damned good detail for a kit of this size, particularly considering the era.

DD

photogravity 11-30-12 09:57 AM

As I've been looking for another set of these mudguards, it was fortuitous that the day after the front mudguard on my Norman Rapide broke, these appeared on eBay. Fortunately, the original front Britton mudguard can be repaired, but I'm not planning to ride the bike with the original mudguards any longer. I am not taking any more chances with breaking the original 60+ year old plastic fenders.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8341/8...f2acd86a_b.jpg
Yummy Aluminum Goodness - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8...53f40bb5_b.jpg
Yummy Aluminum Goodness - 2 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Robofunc 11-30-12 12:12 PM

Finally got a set of these:

http://bikehugger.com/images/blogs/s...set%20tool.jpg

ThermionicScott 11-30-12 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by Robofunc (Post 15001505)

Those look like they'll be a joy to use. What's the term for that kind of headset-wrench-flat-shape? I get a lot of junk when I try to throw "star" or "scalloped" into my searches.

Robofunc 11-30-12 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by ThermionicScott (Post 15001551)
Those look like they'll be a joy to use. What's the term for that kind of headset-wrench-flat-shape? I get a lot of junk when I try to throw "star" or "scalloped" into my searches.

As far as I know they're just old Shimano 600 / DA headset wrenches.

ColonelJLloyd 11-30-12 12:34 PM

(1) SON28 32h
(1) 32h 700c Raid
(2) 36h 700c Raid

Waiting on spokes.

gaucho777 11-30-12 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by photogravity (Post 15000895)
As I've been looking for another set of these mudguards, it was fortuitous that the day after the front mudguard on my Norman Rapide broke, these appeared on eBay. Fortunately, the original front Britton mudguard can be repaired, but I'm not planning to ride the bike with the original mudguards any longer. I am not taking any more chances with breaking the original 60+ year old plastic fenders.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8341/8...f2acd86a_b.jpg
Yummy Aluminum Goodness - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8...53f40bb5_b.jpg
Yummy Aluminum Goodness - 2 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

Oh, you lucky dog! Those look nice. :thumb:

mkeller234 11-30-12 01:39 PM

Yeah, nice Bluemels PG!

photogravity 11-30-12 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by gaucho777 (Post 15001757)
Oh, you lucky dog! Those look nice. :thumb:

Thanks Randy, I hope they look even better on the Norman. :)

photogravity 11-30-12 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by mkeller234 (Post 15001841)
Yeah, nice Bluemels PG!

Thanks mkeller. The rear is NOS, but the front is used. It has some corrosion and even a small hole where corrosion perforated the fender, but I think it will be hidden by the brake. I didn't care if they were perfect since I actually ride the Norman.

Tuc 11-30-12 06:30 PM

DeathWish Coffee - free bag of beans with purchase of their cool T-Shirt !

seedsbelize 11-30-12 07:11 PM

A Ritchey Logic 1 1/8" headset.

Drillium Dude 12-02-12 08:07 PM

This actually arrived yesterday, but I was so busy in the garage I didn't notice it on my doorstep until late last night :)

Only $30 on Ebay, and this version is lightly padded. It's replaced the non-padded one on my Sparrow; I like this suede leather version.

3ttt Criterium:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8...8ee97e21_b.jpg

DD

frantik 12-02-12 08:46 PM

these came yesterday.. on one midge bar, tektro brakes, bontager threadless stem and unknown leather bar tape

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Midge-Bars-Le...oNg~~60_57.JPG

i now have 3 kinds of dirt drops :lol: On-One Midge, Origin8 Gary II, and Salsa Woodchipper.. really liking the Gary II, though I haven't given it a test ride yet (damn rain)

it also came with a free bottle of this soy-based lube.. I bought the bars from ernesto himself i think

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/...d349fec8e5.jpg

Drillium Dude 12-02-12 09:14 PM

^ Colnago is making bike lube now?

DD

Drillium Dude 12-04-12 07:00 PM

About $34 including shipping from France:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TISSOT-JC-SCH...)H!~~60_58.JPG

This should now do me for Diego Garcia; I've been buying up as many white jerseys as possible for the hot climate.

DD

Vonruden 12-04-12 07:11 PM

From the Netherlands to the shores of NJ
 
Will post up more in the Colnago thread

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psc911cfd5.jpg

scozim 12-04-12 08:16 PM

Non-cycling related. I was having lunch last week with the priest that married my wife and I in 1988 and we were talking about C&V things. He was lamenting ever getting rid of his Pluto Platter (frisbee) from the 1950's and that maybe they'd be worth some money these days. So, an AllofCraigs search revealed the item below which will be a Christmas present. Supposedly dated to around 1957 or 1958. The lady who had it said her father was a toy salesman and she got a lot of cool goodies because of his job.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/IMGP7982.jpg

cyclotoine 12-04-12 09:46 PM


Originally Posted by frantik (Post 15008898)

Be Wary! Mountain Equipment Co-op sells a "biodegradable" lube here in Canada that looks similar. Ever get a bike to work on where the drivetrain grime is hardened to something almost like cement? It took me a couple years to figure out why some drivetrains were like that, so amount of scrubbing in solvent in the parts washer could remove it from cassettes. I eventually found out what it was. The "bio-degradable" lube from MEC! I warn every cyclist I know to avoid it.

gaucho777 12-04-12 10:37 PM


Originally Posted by scozim (Post 15016326)
Non-cycling related. I was having lunch last week with the priest that married my wife and I in 1988 and we were talking about C&V things. He was lamenting ever getting rid of his Pluto Platter (frisbee) from the 1950's and that maybe they'd be worth some money these days. So, an AllofCraigs search revealed the item below which will be a Christmas present. Supposedly dated to around 1957 or 1958. The lady who had it said her father was a toy salesman and she got a lot of cool goodies because of his job.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/IMGP7982.jpg

Cool & thoughtful gift. I hope he enjoys it and insists you help try it out!

frantik 12-05-12 07:47 AM

No pics but I got a trekking bar and a digital caliper in the mail yesterday.. trekking bar is SUPER DUPER comfy and I went around measuring all sorts of things with the caliper LOL

I wish trekking bars didn't look so funky cause wow i really like it

repechage 12-05-12 08:31 AM

Columbus chain stays.
Campagnolo NOS headset.
Record 8 speed hubs.

Next week, an additional bike.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.