Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show me your cat

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show me your cat

Old 04-03-23, 04:00 AM
  #3276  
Senior Member
 
jjames1452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,398

Bikes: Trek 720, Trek 620, Trek 520, Steel Schwinns, AD Puch, Kona, Nishiki Pro, All City Disc Spacehorse, Waterford

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 52 Posts
My Buddy Snowy

Our beloved Snowy went over the Rainbow Bridge and is now playing with his friends. 🌈

That is his face...he was sitting next to our poodle.
He graced this forum several years ago solo.
jjames1452 is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 04:11 AM
  #3277  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
Originally Posted by jjames1452
Our beloved Snowy went over the Rainbow Bridge and is now playing with his friends. 🌈
That is his face...he was sitting next to our poodle.
He graced this forum several years ago solo.
awww poor kitty. so sorry for your loss. wishing you only the best memories
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 12:58 PM
  #3278  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 58

Bikes: '99 Pinarello Stelvio; ‘85 Cannondale ST500; '75 Austro-Daimler AD-SL; '84 Peugeot PH11; '83 Peugeot PH18; '91 Bridgestone MB3; ‘95 Bridgestone NB26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 25 Posts
Stare Down at the Tavern Table


Back Off, dog!
Maisie, stands her ground.
Kissin’ cousins, not yet…
ADguy is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 02:05 PM
  #3279  
Senior Member
 
juvela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alta California
Posts: 14,242
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

...your critters visit the tav on their own?



-----
juvela is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 02:08 PM
  #3280  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South shore, L.I., NY
Posts: 6,857

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,043 Times in 1,169 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
awww poor kitty. so sorry for your loss. wishing you only the best memories
So very sorry for your loss. It's never easy. My Zoey, who is pushing 21, was diagnosed a week ago with likely cancer of the mouth. She's too old to operate and she's now deteriorating quickly.
Steve B. is online now  
Old 04-03-23, 05:25 PM
  #3281  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
My Zoey, who is pushing 21, was diagnosed a week ago with likely cancer of the mouth. She's too old to operate and she's now deteriorating quickly.
oh dear, sounds like it is time ... always horrible. I try not to stretch it out. good luck, wishing you strength right now
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 05:40 PM
  #3282  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 58

Bikes: '99 Pinarello Stelvio; ‘85 Cannondale ST500; '75 Austro-Daimler AD-SL; '84 Peugeot PH11; '83 Peugeot PH18; '91 Bridgestone MB3; ‘95 Bridgestone NB26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela;[url=tel:22849075
22849075[/url]]-----

...your critters visit the tav on their own?



-----
they’re of legal age in dog n cat years so, yeah 🤡
that table has been around for 250+ yrs and has undoubtedly survived many disagreements so it’s all good
ADguy is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 05:49 PM
  #3283  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SW Florida, USA
Posts: 1,282

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked 665 Times in 462 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
So very sorry for your loss. It's never easy. My Zoey, who is pushing 21, was diagnosed a week ago with likely cancer of the mouth. She's too old to operate and she's now deteriorating quickly.
We lost one exactly that way less than a year ago. Best we could tell, he was about 15.

My condolences in advance.
Hondo6 is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 07:08 PM
  #3284  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South shore, L.I., NY
Posts: 6,857

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,043 Times in 1,169 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
oh dear, sounds like it is time ... always horrible. I try not to stretch it out. good luck, wishing you strength right now
Not her time yet. She can still eat, is moving and jumping OK, wants a petting, just drooling a lot. Plus my wife is in Greece another 2 weeks so I'm hoping Zoey does not deteriorate in that time, its not a decision I want to make alone.
Steve B. is online now  
Likes For Steve B.:
Old 04-03-23, 07:16 PM
  #3285  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Not her time yet. She can still eat, is moving and jumping OK, wants a petting, just drooling a lot. Plus my wife is in Greece another 2 weeks so I'm hoping Zoey does not deteriorate in that time, its not a decision I want to make alone.
oh man i hear that. good kitty
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 04-03-23, 07:38 PM
  #3286  
Old guy & bikes
 
canalligators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 93

Bikes: Rans V-Rex, Raleigh International, Rans Sequoia, GT Timberline, Double Vision tandem, Optima Baron, old Raleighs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 47 Posts

This was Campy (1973-1975). She rode on my shoulder as I cycled around my college town on my first Raleigh Superbe.
canalligators is offline  
Old 04-04-23, 06:49 AM
  #3287  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
cats are great. met a guy this weekend at my 2nd job. the guy has a dachshund dog that's been getting under a fence. during our convo, he mentioned he also just got his first cat. he was curious about cats in general, also about indoor / outdoor cats & how to manage it with his dog going out into his big jungle of a yard. almost didn't know where to begin, but I shared some of our family's personal insights. including that cats can climb fences ... ;-)
rumrunn6 is offline  
Old 04-04-23, 11:12 AM
  #3288  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South shore, L.I., NY
Posts: 6,857

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,043 Times in 1,169 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
cats are great. met a guy this weekend at my 2nd job. the guy has a dachshund dog that's been getting under a fence. during our convo, he mentioned he also just got his first cat. he was curious about cats in general, also about indoor / outdoor cats & how to manage it with his dog going out into his big jungle of a yard. almost didn't know where to begin, but I shared some of our family's personal insights. including that cats can climb fences ... ;-)
Best to make the cat an indoor cat. Really difficult to fence in a cat, once they are outdoors, they will roam. That opens up issues with fleas (manageable), getting run over in the street, getting into territorial disputes with ferals or neighbors, cats. I've only had one outdoor cat in 10, as he was an outdoor cat when he found us. He was at the vet a lot for assorted injuries in cat fights, burned a front pad, we think stealing food off a neighbors barbecue, it was expensive. If the cat is in a very rural area, fewer issues.
Steve B. is online now  
Likes For Steve B.:
Old 04-04-23, 11:24 AM
  #3289  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Best to make the cat an indoor cat. Really difficult to fence in a cat, once they are outdoors, they will roam. That opens up issues with fleas (manageable), getting run over in the street, getting into territorial disputes with ferals or neighbors, cats. I've only had one outdoor cat in 10, as he was an outdoor cat when he found us. He was at the vet a lot for assorted injuries in cat fights, burned a front pad, we think stealing food off a neighbors barbecue, it was expensive. If the cat is in a very rural area, fewer issues.
yeah I told him house cats are very content inside. once you start letting them out, then they will continue to want to go out. he asked about his dog going out & his cat staying in. that's when I told him a fence can keep a dog in, but cats can climb fences

case in point, one of the three siblings we lost the past cpl years. feels weird opening the back door w/o the thought of someone running out
rumrunn6 is offline  
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 04-04-23, 12:43 PM
  #3290  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Oakharbor, OH
Posts: 110

Bikes: 1980's Viner Track Bike, Litespeed M1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 46 Posts

The youngest of 3 kitty's
EJM73 is online now  
Old 04-05-23, 01:33 PM
  #3291  
Happy banana slug
 
Korina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way
Posts: 3,693

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
cats are great. met a guy this weekend at my 2nd job. the guy has a dachshund dog that's been getting under a fence. during our convo, he mentioned he also just got his first cat. he was curious about cats in general, also about indoor / outdoor cats & how to manage it with his dog going out into his big jungle of a yard. almost didn't know where to begin, but I shared some of our family's personal insights. including that cats can climb fences ... ;-)
If the guy's up for it, I hear you can cat-proof a fence by topping it with well-supported netting angled in towards his yard; cats will not climb upside down. Or, he can build a catio of any size, as long as it's critter-proof.
Korina is offline  
Likes For Korina:
Old 04-07-23, 04:56 AM
  #3292  
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Posts: 29,545

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
did a recent edit of the 1st of 3 to pass over the past cpl of years. his name was Stormy & he was the longest of the 3 siblings. he also had the softest, silkiest fur.
he was a good hunter, chipmunks, mice & even brought up a snake from the basement! he even spotted what looked like a black squirrel (which we don't have) in our back woods, one day when I was trying to get him back inside, I followed him as he chased it up a tree, but it was a fisher-cat!
he was 16


Last edited by rumrunn6; 04-07-23 at 04:59 AM.
rumrunn6 is offline  
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 04-07-23, 08:00 AM
  #3293  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 28 Posts

=)
curiousabe is offline  
Old 04-08-23, 04:34 PM
  #3294  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 58

Bikes: '99 Pinarello Stelvio; ‘85 Cannondale ST500; '75 Austro-Daimler AD-SL; '84 Peugeot PH11; '83 Peugeot PH18; '91 Bridgestone MB3; ‘95 Bridgestone NB26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 25 Posts
Buster, Cool Cat


Buster, here hanging out on the bug, was probably our best all time cat. Exceptional hunter and ultimate guardian of the yard, gentle and playful with all humans, and possessed the “Magic Eye” according to our Egyptian vet. The Steve McQueen of cats! Mr Cool… and, to think, we got him at a pet shop in a shopping mall (not cool by today’s standards) Gone but not forgotten, good old Buster.
ADguy is offline  
Likes For ADguy:
Old 04-08-23, 04:39 PM
  #3295  
Senior Member
 
Kilroy1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 2,249
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
I showed off these two sometime after we got them at the end of 2021. Tiger Lily and Duccio, both doing great and wonderfully behaved!


Kilroy1988 is offline  
Likes For Kilroy1988:
Old 04-08-23, 04:42 PM
  #3296  
Senior Member
 
juvela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alta California
Posts: 14,242
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
Originally Posted by ADguy

Buster, here hanging out on the bug, was probably our best all time cat. Exceptional hunter and ultimate guardian of the yard, gentle and playful with all humans, and possessed the “Magic Eye” according to our Egyptian vet. The Steve McQueen of cats! Mr Cool… and, to think, we got him at a pet shop in a shopping mall (not cool by today’s standards) Gone but not forgotten, good old Buster.
-----



wonder if perhaps he went up there to check on the condition of the doby liner...


-----
juvela is offline  
Likes For juvela:
Old 04-12-23, 05:09 PM
  #3297  
Senior Member
 
billnuke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St Cloud Fl.
Posts: 1,945

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
!


Perfect rainy day afternoon…
billnuke1 is offline  
Likes For billnuke1:
Old 04-12-23, 10:50 PM
  #3298  
nothing to see here
 
Bryan C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Antioch, CA
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Cleopatra, she's got a little Maincoon in her. Huge paws, and ear tufts too.

Bryan C. is offline  
Old 04-13-23, 12:06 PM
  #3299  
Senior Member
 
juvela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alta California
Posts: 14,242
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

​​​​​​

you know things have gotten out of hand when they go shopping for the coloured contact lenses...


WHAT A QUTUMZ!

-----

Last edited by juvela; 04-13-23 at 01:45 PM. Reason: addition
juvela is offline  
Likes For juvela:
Old 04-13-23, 07:58 PM
  #3300  
Senior Member
 
billnuke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St Cloud Fl.
Posts: 1,945

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
!


This guy has the life, I tell ya! I spoil him rotten! Mr. Max gets me through a lot!
billnuke1 is offline  
Likes For billnuke1:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.