Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   My first bike build! (https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/954722-my-first-bike-build.html)

Mbrgr1 06-19-14 09:06 PM

My first bike build!
 
1 Attachment(s)
I've been buying and enjoying complete vintage bikes for awhile now and wondered what it would be like to put one together from scratch?

I found this circa 1995 nugget to get started, I have a bunch of vintage Shimano 105 components coming from all over. Can't wait to get it together!

Thanks for looking

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=388302

oddjob2 06-19-14 09:20 PM

Well, looks like you'll be finding out soon enough! I just bought my first roadbike frame for a build too, an RB-1.

Looks like you must be over 6'6" for a frame so tall?

kc0yef 06-19-14 09:21 PM

Waterford 1995
Very Nice
Takes about an hour and a half to put all the bits on so can't wait to see some [pictures]

Mbrgr1 06-19-14 10:10 PM


Originally Posted by oddjob2 (Post 16866557)
Well, looks like you'll be finding out soon enough! I just bought my first roadbike frame for a build too, an RB-1.

Looks like you must be over 6'6" for a frame so tall?

6'5 with a real long back, the frame is 66cm st center to top and 66cm tt center to center , may be a little big for me, but I like em big!

What are you building? I'm going for touring I think, 3x8 probably.

U5512 06-19-14 10:23 PM

Nice frame and that top tube is up to my chest when the bike is complete with wheels!

oddjob2 06-20-14 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by kc0yef (Post 16866562)
Waterford 1995
Very Nice
Takes about an hour and a half to put all the bits on so can't wait to see some [pictures]

Trained by Penske or Roushe Racing?


Originally Posted by Mbrgr1 (Post 16866654)
What are you building? I'm going for touring I think, 3x8 probably.

Picked up a complete Shimano Tricolor 600 group for the RB-1 from one of the PNW members here, including wheelset. I also have a box of Tricolor components, so the cleanest parts will go on this frame.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fava4thvu9u...2018.05.26.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/obeowero3wn...2018.42.23.jpg

kc0yef 06-20-14 09:41 AM

Trained by Jimmi Johns ;)


Originally Posted by oddjob2 (Post 16867210)
Trained by Penske or Roushe Racing?


kc0yef 06-20-14 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by Mbrgr1 (Post 16866654)
6'5 with a real long back, the frame is 66cm st center to top and 66cm tt center to center , may be a little big for me, but I like em big!

Me too 66cm CTT is about maybe a centimeter or a half too big for me. So when I build for me I can use (62cm to 64cm) CtC comfortably unless the TT is less than 59cm so you should be able to find a reasonable length stem That is the longest top tube I have ever heard of... So with a 60cm CtC and a 130cm Stem I am usually a good fit.

I am also 6'5" with 36" sleeve length and a long back :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.