Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What are you doing today(C&V bicycle related)?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What are you doing today(C&V bicycle related)?

Old 04-17-19, 06:39 PM
  #1251  
malcala622 
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,215

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1165 Post(s)
Liked 1,190 Times in 665 Posts
The smallest details helps me see the big picture.

New O rings for the record calipers.

malcala622 is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 07:00 PM
  #1252  
ryansu
Senior Member
 
ryansu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 2,870

Bikes: 2009 Handsome Devil, 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1978 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT, 1989 Specialized Allez Former bikes; 1986 Miyata Trail Runner, 1979 Miyata 912, 2011 VO Rando, 1999 Cannondale R800, 1986 Schwinn Passage

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
@ryansu

Many places will not thread a steerer with a manual tool. The claim is that steerers are threaded on a lathe (true statement for new steerers), and you'll wear out the cutting tool. I thought this was the gospel, never cut the threads using a threading tool. The people that go to this church claim the manual tools are for chasing threads, not cutting new ones.

Then I took the UBI framebuilding class, and found that my frame and fork design required a longer threaded steerer than they had in stock. The head instructor found a longer threaded one, handed me the Park threading tool, and told me to have at it.

Bring me that fork, we'll chuck it with some frame clamps in a vice, and you can have at it with my tool. The thing that gets worn out are your arms...
Thanks Man have fork will Travel I will PM you.
ryansu is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 07:04 PM
  #1253  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 13,045

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4125 Post(s)
Liked 5,386 Times in 3,133 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansu
Thanks Man have fork will Travel I will PM you.
There you go, had a feeling Mark would step in.
merziac is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 07:09 PM
  #1254  
TenGrainBread 
Senior Member
 
TenGrainBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,600

Bikes: Alps, JP Routens, ANT, various Schwinns

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 269 Posts
@ryansu Gugie is right. I have cut steerer threads with a die and it works fine. It works especially well if you already have some pre-existing threads to start the die down - this keeps the die straight and square with the steerer when it starts doing real cutting.

The dies are made of tool steel which is quite a bit harder than the alloy steels nice forks are made. Any claims that threads can't be cut with a die is nonsense. Yes, if you are working under very tight tolerances in a machine shop, a lathe will always cut cleaner threads, but that tight of a tolerance is not even close to being needed for steerer threads.

The only time to be careful with a die is with chrome-plated steerers. The chrome is very hard and might dull the die a bit, depending on the die.

Put either the die or the fork in a vise and make sure you have good leverage on whichever is not clamped down.
TenGrainBread is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 07:13 PM
  #1255  
TenGrainBread 
Senior Member
 
TenGrainBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,600

Bikes: Alps, JP Routens, ANT, various Schwinns

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 269 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622
The smallest details helps me see the big picture.

New O rings for the record calipers.
Very meticulous restoration. Can't wait to see the finished product!
TenGrainBread is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 10:24 PM
  #1256  
Dfrost 
Senior Member
 
Dfrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,964

Bikes: 87 Marinoni SLX Sports Tourer, 79 Miyata 912 by Gugificazione

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 243 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
@ryansu

Many places will not thread a steerer with a manual tool. The claim is that steerers are threaded on a lathe (true statement for new steerers), and you'll wear out the cutting tool. I thought this was the gospel, never cut the threads using a threading tool. The people that go to this church claim the manual tools are for chasing threads, not cutting new ones.

Then I took the UBI framebuilding class, and found that my frame and fork design required a longer threaded steerer than they had in stock. The head instructor found a longer threaded one, handed me the Park threading tool, and told me to have at it.

Bring me that fork, we'll chuck it with some frame clamps in a vice, and you can have at it with my tool. The thing that gets worn out are your arms...
@merziac, I am amazed that you remembered that I was involved in a steerer tube threading project!

When I asked Elliott Bay Cycles to extend the treads on a replacement fork with a very long steerer tube, they said said theyd only add 1/2 maximum, while I was looking for much more (it was really long steerer, and I was putting it in a 60cm frame). I eventually found a shop that would do it with a die. It wasnt a difficult process. @ryansu, the shop that did that extension was Alki Bike & Board, just up the street from you. But I also think @gugie would do a better job with appropriate cutting oil, etc.

However, Ive learned why Elliott Bay would limit the thread extension - the stem expander puts high internal radial stresses on the steerer tube, and a conical-style expander concentrates those stresses in one a short length of the steerer. Imagine if thats happening in the threaded, hence weakened, section of a steerer. Im pretty sure thats what happened to the steerer tube on @RiddleOfSteels 74 Paramount before his rescue and @gugies incredible fix. The steerer tube was broken just above the start of the threading, well below the top of the head tube. BTW, a wedge-style expander has the advantage of spreading the radial stress over a length of the steerer.

So if you do proceed with this fork with extended threads, it sure seems like a very long quill stem, such as the ever-popular Nitto Technomic, would be highly advisable, with a modified minimum insertion that keeps the expander wedge below any threads.
Dfrost is offline  
Old 04-17-19, 10:29 PM
  #1257  
malcala622 
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,215

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1165 Post(s)
Liked 1,190 Times in 665 Posts
Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
Very meticulous restoration. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Me too but it'll be a few weeks before its done. A few pieces have yet to arrive.
malcala622 is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 12:04 AM
  #1258  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 13,045

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4125 Post(s)
Liked 5,386 Times in 3,133 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfrost

@merziac, I am amazed that you remembered that I was involved in a steerer tube threading project!

When I asked Elliott Bay Cycles to extend the treads on a replacement fork with a very long steerer tube, they said said theyd only add 1/2 maximum, while I was looking for much more (it was really long steerer, and I was putting it in a 60cm frame). I eventually found a shop that would do it with a die. It wasnt a difficult process. @ryansu, the shop that did that extension was Alki Bike & Board, just up the street from you. But I also think @gugie would do a better job with appropriate cutting oil, etc.

However, Ive learned why Elliott Bay would limit the thread extension - the stem expander puts high internal radial stresses on the steerer tube, and a conical-style expander concentrates those stresses in one a short length of the steerer. Imagine if thats happening in the threaded, hence weakened, section of a steerer. Im pretty sure thats what happened to the steerer tube on @RiddleOfSteels 74 Paramount before his rescue and @gugies incredible fix. The steerer tube was broken just above the start of the threading, well below the top of the head tube. BTW, a wedge-style expander has the advantage of spreading the radial stress over a length of the steerer.

So if you do proceed with this fork with extended threads, it sure seems like a very long quill stem, such as the ever-popular Nitto Technomic, would be highly advisable, with a modified minimum insertion that keeps the expander wedge below any threads.
Well to be honest, the first connect was geographic, couple that with your vast experience including this particular dilemma and knowing Dan and him had already worked with Mark, thought you would be able to help as well. Looks like Mark has stepped in as expected and you have added your expertise as well, all good, win, win.
merziac is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 05:26 AM
  #1259  
Prowler 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Pottstown, PA: 30 miles NW of Philadelphia
Posts: 2,122

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked 889 Times in 362 Posts
I was grieved to find that the chain wear on my Nishiki was over 1% as I had been doing more riding than checking. Ugh! So time for a new chain. But, oh, check the FW too. Yup the 3rd and 4th cog were shot too. Unless....... So I got out the MOACW (see the new "Mother of all Chain Whips" thread) and spun the threaded cogs off that Suntour Perfect FW. As expected #3 and 4 are splined so I could flip them over. My cog checker indicated that they'd be just fine that way. Cleaned everything and spun #5&6 back on then put it in storage. To ride another day.

New chain on the Nishiki then a test ride. Back in the rotation.
Prowler is online now  
Old 04-18-19, 08:12 AM
  #1260  
Mr. 66
Senior Member
 
Mr. 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,226
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
Liked 1,510 Times in 851 Posts
@ryansu, Davidson is not the place to go to, He usually does not do repairs or resto. He will but when he does it's usually for his own productions. R&E or Cyclefab are more go to places for this type of service needed.
Mr. 66 is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 10:01 AM
  #1261  
ryansu
Senior Member
 
ryansu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 2,870

Bikes: 2009 Handsome Devil, 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1978 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT, 1989 Specialized Allez Former bikes; 1986 Miyata Trail Runner, 1979 Miyata 912, 2011 VO Rando, 1999 Cannondale R800, 1986 Schwinn Passage

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 66
@ryansu, Davidson is not the place to go to, He usually does not do repairs or resto. He will but when he does it's usually for his own productions. R&E or Cyclefab are more go to places for this type of service needed.
Thanks for the suggestions @Mr. 66 I will check those out and I have had not one but two offers from this awesome forum to use threading tools to make this work so somehow its going to get done.

I had the same sense from Davidson that perhaps the piece work is not where they wanted to spend their time which is fair.

Last edited by ryansu; 04-18-19 at 10:05 AM.
ryansu is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 12:11 PM
  #1262  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,329

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 502 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7092 Post(s)
Liked 2,006 Times in 1,191 Posts
@ryansu, that might be an opportunity to use a 1" threadless headset and stem.
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 12:36 PM
  #1263  
ryansu
Senior Member
 
ryansu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 2,870

Bikes: 2009 Handsome Devil, 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1978 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT, 1989 Specialized Allez Former bikes; 1986 Miyata Trail Runner, 1979 Miyata 912, 2011 VO Rando, 1999 Cannondale R800, 1986 Schwinn Passage

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
@ryansu, that might be an opportunity to use a 1" threadless headset and stem.
Hmm I had not thought of that - if the threading fix doesn't work I will have to look into it - thanks, I actually have an adapter to go from 1" to 1 1/8 stem in the parts bin.
ryansu is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 01:40 PM
  #1264  
snowball123
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Arranging delivery of my recent find, a 1993 Bridgestone RB 1 in yellow with Ritchey designed biplane fork. Hoping my short reach brake calipers will work when I build it up with Shimano 600EX parts.
snowball123 is offline  
Old 04-18-19, 10:10 PM
  #1265  
SurferRosa
seor miembro
 
SurferRosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 8,106

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3512 Post(s)
Liked 5,636 Times in 2,829 Posts
Finally did something for the Crescent in overhauling these power shifters ...



And they're still working!
SurferRosa is offline  
Old 04-19-19, 07:39 AM
  #1266  
WaveyGravey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Planning to ride my 1997 Specialized Allez Sport about 50 miles. (1997 is considered vintage?)
WaveyGravey is offline  
Old 04-19-19, 08:17 AM
  #1267  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,329

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 502 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7092 Post(s)
Liked 2,006 Times in 1,191 Posts
Thank you for the exploded view, @SurferRosa. I've never taken those apart. I really like them.
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Old 04-19-19, 02:34 PM
  #1268  
SurferRosa
seor miembro
 
SurferRosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 8,106

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3512 Post(s)
Liked 5,636 Times in 2,829 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Thank you for the exploded view...
And that's just one side!

I think there are some 35 pieces to these shifters. They make Symmetrics (with their internal cam) look simple.
SurferRosa is offline  
Old 04-26-19, 06:08 PM
  #1269  
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 8,361

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked 2,075 Times in 1,027 Posts

Curtis is getting a new fishing bike.
https://baynature.org/article/a-fishing-expedition/
I stop and talk to him whenever I'm riding down that way and need to pay him for all the fish stories, lol.
curbtender is offline  
Old 04-27-19, 11:34 AM
  #1270  
horatio 
Hump, what hump?
 
horatio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SC midlands
Posts: 1,937

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 145 Posts
Today I'm looking at my '82 Basso Gap and planning a ride. There's a Trek 400 Elance nearby, awaiting disassembly.
__________________
2010 AB T1X ** 2010 Cannondale SIX-5 ** 1993 Cannondale RS900 ** 1988 Bottecchia Team Record ** 1989 Bianchi Brava ** 1988 Nishiki Olympic ** 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert(2) ** 1985 DeRosa Professional SLX ** 1982 Colnago Super ** 1982 Basso Gap ** 198? Ciocc Competition SL ** 19?? Roberts Audax ** 198? Brian Rourke ** 1982 Mercian Olympic ** 1970 Raleigh Professional MK I ** 1952 Raleigh Sports


horatio is offline  
Old 04-27-19, 11:41 AM
  #1271  
jamesdak 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 8,489

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 4,069 Times in 1,519 Posts
Today will be about test riding. I want to see how the Evans bike I picked up recently feels and then I want to do a shakedown on the NOS mid 90s Vitus Argal that was finished yesterday.

__________________
Steel is real...and comfy.
jamesdak is online now  
Old 04-27-19, 02:18 PM
  #1272  
Fahrenheit531 
52psi
 
Fahrenheit531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,079

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 360 Posts
Trying (again) to solve the sometimes-there tik-tik-tik in my SS drivetrain. Pedals have been eliminated as the source. Today I'm pulling the beat-to-hell 600 arabesque crankset and installing an 80s Cyclone I have laying around.
__________________
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera
Fahrenheit531 is offline  
Old 04-29-19, 10:56 AM
  #1273  
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time
 
Last ride 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 1,935

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 284 Times in 221 Posts


Yeah there's still some winter dust. But adjusted and rideable. Some Cable housings are too long but shifts 7 gears liked a dream. Not sure why not 8, but I'm old and don't use the bottom cog anyway.


Here's my favorite new ride, with a modern version of one of my old team jerseys. Pretty decent color match, wait till you see what's under the jersey. Period correct, I think.

I am at home today with a sick daughter, who just needs reassurance that I'm around, so I'm doing a little spring cleaning, and stand-testing bikes before I ride them around the block. I hope to have N-3 rideable today, maybe even N-2 by tonight. Fun stuff! (Not so much for my daughter, but it's nothing serious). Finally happy with the bike/wheel pairings. I'm a wheel nut and it's taken a while, I've decided about saddles and bar tape mostly too, at least for now

Last edited by Last ride 76; 04-29-19 at 02:10 PM.
Last ride 76 is offline  
Old 04-29-19, 11:24 AM
  #1274  
ldmataya
Senior Member
 
ldmataya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 23 Posts
I solved my gearing problem. I love riding my Trek 750 with last generation Super Record, but trying to ride around SW Wisconsin with 42x24 granny gear just doesn't work anymore. It is do-able, but just not a good idea. So I stumbled across a TA Carmina crank. These are the cranks that let you install your own spider and run just about any combination of rings and sizes. Peter White Cycles has lots of TA stuff in stock so I got a 110 spider and a couple of TA Zephyr rings, and now I have gear inches (48/34 rings) compatible with my terrain and age. I used the existing Campy spindle and get almost the same chain line - the right crank leaves room for a third ring so it kicks the chain line out a few mm. It shifts the front really well, in part because the modern TA rings have ramps. They look pretty good on a CV also.

ldmataya is offline  
Old 04-29-19, 04:36 PM
  #1275  
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time
 
Last ride 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 1,935

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 284 Times in 221 Posts
Originally Posted by ldmataya
I solved my gearing problem. I love riding my Trek 750 with last generation Super Record, but trying to ride around SW Wisconsin with 42x24 granny gear just doesn't work anymore. It is do-able, but just not a good idea. So I stumbled across a TA Carmina crank. These are the cranks that let you install your own spider and run just about any combination of rings and sizes. Peter White Cycles has lots of TA stuff in stock so I got a 110 spider and a couple of TA Zephyr rings, and now I have gear inches (48/34 rings) compatible with my terrain and age. I used the existing Campy spindle and get almost the same chain line - the right crank leaves room for a third ring so it kicks the chain line out a few mm. It shifts the front really well, in part because the modern TA rings have ramps. They look pretty good on a CV also.

They do look good!
Last ride 76 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.