Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

February 2016 100+ mile goal thread

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

February 2016 100+ mile goal thread

Old 02-21-16, 06:42 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
dagray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boardman, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,748

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
as of today with today's cumulative rides making 21 miles I have 93 miles this month. I will get my 100 miles for the month. https://www.strava.com/activities/499318066
dagray is offline  
Old 02-22-16, 08:49 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 625 min (10 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-23-16, 08:56 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
02/22: Trainer 60 min.
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 685 min (11 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-24-16, 08:42 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
1242Vintage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: No. CA
Posts: 895
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My mileage is down this month but the fun factor is up. Getting some quality time on my mountain bike this month working to improve my skills.

MTD 271 miles
1242Vintage is offline  
Old 02-24-16, 08:48 AM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
02/22: Trainer 60 min.
02/23: Trainer 60 min.
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 745 min (12 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-26-16, 09:26 AM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
02/22: Trainer 60 min.
02/23: Trainer 60 min.
02/25: Trainer 60 min.
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 805 min (13 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-27-16, 05:13 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
dagray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boardman, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,748

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
as of today I hit 104 miles for Feb ....only 26 miles to go to hit my goal for the month.
dagray is offline  
Old 02-27-16, 10:35 PM
  #33  
Full Member
 
Joeyseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northwest
Posts: 416

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by largefarva
I'm going to go for another 1000/1100 mile month again. How about everyone else?

MTD - 1079.70
YTD - 2496.58
Some very nice numbers.You must be dropping some weight?And you must be liking that Cannondale Synapse.
I'm about 700 miles for 2016. I also ride my hybrid and single speed a lot around town.

Weather is getting nicer here in Oregon.I just did my first ride over 50 miles since I got back into biking.
I'm just glad to be riding and getting back into better shape.500 mile month would be nice.cheers
Joeyseven is offline  
Old 02-28-16, 12:22 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Black wallnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ellensburg,WA
Posts: 3,204

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Liked 181 Times in 92 Posts
As of this morning I have 75.3 miles outside this month. I will crack 100. Not bad for a February in Central Washington.
__________________
Sir Mark, Knight of Sufferlandria
Black wallnut is offline  
Old 02-28-16, 07:45 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
largefarva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 162

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105; 2015 Felt V100

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeyseven
Some very nice numbers.You must be dropping some weight?And you must be liking that Cannondale Synapse.
I'm about 700 miles for 2016. I also ride my hybrid and single speed a lot around town.

Weather is getting nicer here in Oregon.I just did my first ride over 50 miles since I got back into biking.
I'm just glad to be riding and getting back into better shape.500 mile month would be nice.cheers
My wife and I got each other the Cannondales for this past Christmas so yeah we've been enjoying having them so far. Unfortunately, it's been winter so far and too cold outside here in the Chicagoland area so all of our time so far this year has been spent indoors on our trainers using Zwift. So for my miles until now and most likely the next month or two will all be on Zwift. I know they're not "real" miles but the sweat and exhaustion from riding those miles sure is real. lol I spend approximately 2-2.5 hours a night on the trainer which comes out to around 35-45 miles in Zwift. My Garmin 500 is used as a backup in case there is a power outage or we lose internet or whatnot, and it's always within a few miles of what Zwift says. Sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less than Zwift....it can't take into account the hills and such in Zwift where the game is saying I'm only going like 5 mph but the Garmin is seeing 17-18 mph at the same time. So it pretty much evens out for the most part.

As far as weight loss goes....I'm approaching my overall weight loss goal and expect to reach it within a month from now. Most likely 2-3 weeks if all goes as planned. I started out at 298 lbs when I turned 40 last May. My first ride was on May 31st last year and I've ridden every day since then. So far my weight loss is right at 115 lbs....I weighed in at 183 lbs this morning. Three pounds until I reach my goal of 180. At 6'2" that is a good and healthy weight to be at. So while I don't meet the weight requirements anymore, I'm proud to forever be a Clyde because of my height.

My weight loss has slow down a bit since I dropped down below 200 lbs on December 31st (my big goal for last year was to get below 220 which I did in November so I changed it to less than 200 by the end of the year....nothing like taking it to the wire I suppose lol) as I dropped 8 lbs in January and this month it looks like another 8 lbs total. So not too bad as I kept hearing how difficult it becomes as you get lower and lower in weight. It's true but if you stay disciplined and keep at it you can do it. My reward for reaching my goal are some Cheez-its, which happen to be my favorite snack ever. I haven't let myself have any at all since last summer....but that day I can have some is coming soon. I think next weekend when we go to the grocery store I'll be picking up a box and it will serve as my motivation to get it done. lol
largefarva is offline  
Old 02-28-16, 08:11 AM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: some where In ga
Posts: 377

Bikes: 2016 giant advanced carbon disc bike ,w HED belgiums,dt swiss 350 hubs,all new ultegra drive train etc

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2\4\16
14 miles*
407ft gain*
17.9 mph avg*

2\6\16
52miles
2156ft gain
16.7 mph avg

2\7\16
25 miles
887 ft gain*
16.4 mph avg*

2\11\16
35.5 miles
17.5 mph avg
1495 ft gain

2\12\16
29 miles*
16.4 mph avg*
1427 ft gain

2\16\16
46.5 miles
16.9 mph avg*
2414 ft gain*

2\26\16
46 miles
16.2 mph avg
1544 ft gain


233 miles mtd
10,330ft gain mtd

Has been a rough 10 days of work but glad to be back on the bike
mrfreezesdefy3 is offline  
Old 02-28-16, 06:00 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: some where In ga
Posts: 377

Bikes: 2016 giant advanced carbon disc bike ,w HED belgiums,dt swiss 350 hubs,all new ultegra drive train etc

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2\4\16
14 miles*
407ft gain*
17.9 mph avg*

2\6\16
52miles
2156ft gain
16.7 mph avg

2\7\16
25 miles
887 ft gain*
16.4 mph avg*

2\11\16
35.5 miles
17.5 mph avg
1495 ft gain

2\12\16
29 miles*
16.4 mph avg*
1427 ft gain

2\16\16
46.5 miles
16.9 mph avg*
2414 ft gain*

2\27\16
46 miles
16.2 mph avg
1544 ft gain*

2\28\17
30 miles
16 mph avg
705 ft gain


263 miles mtd
11,035ft gain mtd
mrfreezesdefy3 is offline  
Old 02-28-16, 06:54 PM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
dagray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boardman, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,748

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
15 miles on the smart trainer for 119 miles this month
dagray is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 08:44 AM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
1242Vintage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: No. CA
Posts: 895
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
20 mile mountain bike race on Sunday. Battled to third place. Best finish so far this season.

An easy commute on Monday gets me to 350 miles for the month. El Nino influenced rain cut into my mileage early in the month and job commitments didn't help either. Will be picking up the pace next month.
1242Vintage is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 09:12 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
02/22: Trainer 60 min.
02/23: Trainer 60 min.
02/25: Trainer 60 min.
02/27: Trainer 60 min.
02/28: Trainer 60 min.
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 925 min (15 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 09:20 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by largefarva
As far as weight loss goes....I'm approaching my overall weight loss goal and expect to reach it within a month from now. Most likely 2-3 weeks if all goes as planned. I started out at 298 lbs when I turned 40 last May. My first ride was on May 31st last year and I've ridden every day since then. So far my weight loss is right at 115 lbs....I weighed in at 183 lbs this morning. Three pounds until I reach my goal of 180. At 6'2" that is a good and healthy weight to be at. So while I don't meet the weight requirements anymore, I'm proud to forever be a Clyde because of my height.
Congratulations on your weight loss. That's a tremendous amount of weight to lose in one year.

The way I look at it, you are always a Clyde in spirit, so feel free to post in this group to encourage others, and to share your knowledge on bikes and weight loss.

But if you're in the Strava group, then you should probably post a goodbye there and not post any more rides to it.

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 03:45 PM
  #42  
Non omnino gravis
 
DrIsotope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SoCal, USA!
Posts: 8,553

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
In honor of Leap Day William, I closed out this lengthened February with a nice 73-mile ride this morning, to close the month with:

932.6 miles
58h 58m
41,142ft^

I rode 27 of the 29 days for the month, so I think I might try to dial it back a bit for March.
__________________
DrIsotope is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 03:57 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Jarrett2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,126

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
307 easy going miles for me.

I haven't done a ride over 45 miles or above 15 mph average this year.

Really enjoying riding for the fun of it versus the numbers. Who knew there was so much more to see than my Garmin and the pavement 10 feet in front of me

Also picked up a gravel grinder this month and have really been enjoying that.

I like the freedom to stray from the pavement that it affords. Turns out I have some great gravel roads just 5 miles from the house that extend for 50+ miles. Looking forward to exploring them.

Even had an unexpected member join the group ride on Saturday:

Last edited by Jarrett2; 02-29-16 at 04:02 PM.
Jarrett2 is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 06:10 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 165

Bikes: 2014 Trek Shift 4, 2015 Surly Disc Trucker

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got in 191.1 for the month. Thirty of them inside. Really wanted to get 200 but the wind got the best of me today.
BigMo59 is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 07:12 PM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: some where In ga
Posts: 377

Bikes: 2016 giant advanced carbon disc bike ,w HED belgiums,dt swiss 350 hubs,all new ultegra drive train etc

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2\4\16
14 miles*
407ft gain*
17.9 mph avg*

2\6\16
52miles
2156ft gain
16.7 mph avg

2\7\16
25 miles
887 ft gain*
16.4 mph avg*

2\11\16
35.5 miles
17.5 mph avg
1495 ft gain

2\12\16
29 miles*
16.4 mph avg*
1427 ft gain

2\16\16
46.5 miles
16.9 mph avg*
2414 ft gain*

2\27\16
46 miles
16.2 mph avg
1544 ft gain*

2\28\17
30 miles*
16 mph avg*
705 ft gain

2\29\16
34.5 miles
16.8 mph avg
1559 ft gain


297.5 miles mtd
12594ft gain mtd
so disappointed I was 2.5 miles short of my monthly goal !!!
Well guess goals are meant to not be met every month , dang it ,if I hadn't had 10 days off because of work, I would have had 400 easy ,
Oh well
mrfreezesdefy3 is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 08:02 PM
  #46  
Full Member
 
Joeyseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northwest
Posts: 416

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by largefarva
My wife and I got each other the Cannondales for this past Christmas so yeah we've been enjoying having them so far. Unfortunately, it's been winter so far and too cold outside here in the Chicagoland area so all of our time so far this year has been spent indoors on our trainers using Zwift. So for my miles until now and most likely the next month or two will all be on Zwift. I know they're not "real" miles but the sweat and exhaustion from riding those miles sure is real. lol I spend approximately 2-2.5 hours a night on the trainer which comes out to around 35-45 miles in Zwift. My Garmin 500 is used as a backup in case there is a power outage or we lose internet or whatnot, and it's always within a few miles of what Zwift says. Sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less than Zwift....it can't take into account the hills and such in Zwift where the game is saying I'm only going like 5 mph but the Garmin is seeing 17-18 mph at the same time. So it pretty much evens out for the most part.

As far as weight loss goes....I'm approaching my overall weight loss goal and expect to reach it within a month from now. Most likely 2-3 weeks if all goes as planned. I started out at 298 lbs when I turned 40 last May. My first ride was on May 31st last year and I've ridden every day since then. So far my weight loss is right at 115 lbs....I weighed in at 183 lbs this morning. Three pounds until I reach my goal of 180. At 6'2" that is a good and healthy weight to be at. So while I don't meet the weight requirements anymore, I'm proud to forever be a Clyde because of my height.

My weight loss has slow down a bit since I dropped down below 200 lbs on December 31st (my big goal for last year was to get below 220 which I did in November so I changed it to less than 200 by the end of the year....nothing like taking it to the wire I suppose lol) as I dropped 8 lbs in January and this month it looks like another 8 lbs total. So not too bad as I kept hearing how difficult it becomes as you get lower and lower in weight. It's true but if you stay disciplined and keep at it you can do it. My reward for reaching my goal are some Cheez-its, which happen to be my favorite snack ever. I haven't let myself have any at all since last summer....but that day I can have some is coming soon. I think next weekend when we go to the grocery store I'll be picking up a box and it will serve as my motivation to get it done. lol
Inside or Outside that a lot of miles.And to ride everyday since May 31st, that is great.congrats.
The results really show.And you must have put on a lot of muscle weight in the process.
What kind of bicycle ridding you planning on doing when it gets warmer?bicycle centuries or just ride for fun?

Also I heard A little about Zwift,but never really look in to it much.But it sounds like fun and I'm ridding in the cold and rain most of the time.And much as I like ridding and being outdoors.It gets old and I'm not young anymore,so I feel it the next day.But it is nothing like Chicagoland cold here in Oregon.

Ordered A Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ Trainer from performancebike for $250 - discount for members.But also looking at the Tacx T2080 Genius Smart Trainer.Thanks for the info.Never even crossed my mind to ride on A trainer this winter when the weather is bad,and much safer.

Go enjoy them Cheez-its.


My rides 706.71 miles for year.
Feb 28, 2016 Albany Loop 14.65 01:02:01 14.1 21.1 Scott Solace 30 New saddle New bibbs
@Izumi PRO THERMAL 3/4 BIB TIGHT(yes very tight)lol
Feb 27, 2016 Salem through Jefferson 54.37 04:08:32 13.1 33.5 Scott Solace 30 Nice weather New saddle
@Fizik Arione Tri2 Manganese Triathlon Saddle Black/Green from Ebay(Not bad,need some more ride time,matches my frame +1)

Last edited by Joeyseven; 02-29-16 at 08:12 PM.
Joeyseven is offline  
Old 02-29-16, 08:10 PM
  #47  
Full Member
 
Joeyseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northwest
Posts: 416

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett2
307 easy going miles for me.

I haven't done a ride over 45 miles or above 15 mph average this year.

Really enjoying riding for the fun of it versus the numbers. Who knew there was so much more to see than my Garmin and the pavement 10 feet in front of me

Also picked up a gravel grinder this month and have really been enjoying that.

I like the freedom to stray from the pavement that it affords. Turns out I have some great gravel roads just 5 miles from the house that extend for 50+ miles. Looking forward to exploring them.

Even had an unexpected member join the group ride on Saturday:
Looks fun.Thanks for posting A picture with some sunlight.I'll try to post some pictures of my rides around Oregon when I get A chance.
Joeyseven is offline  
Old 03-01-16, 08:58 AM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Because of weather, I'm going for the minimum: 100 miles / 15 hours of trainer time (or Some Combination)

------------------------
02/01: Trainer 30 min.
02/03: 11.0 miles (50 min)
02/06: Trainer 60 min.
02/07: Trainer 60 min.
02/08: Trainer 60 min.
02/09: Trainer 40 min.
02/14: Trainer 60 min.
02/15: Trainer 60 min.
02/18: Trainer 60 min.
02/20: 13.2 miles (74 min)
02/21: 15.9 miles (71 min)
02/22: Trainer 60 min.
02/23: Trainer 60 min.
02/25: Trainer 60 min.
02/27: Trainer 60 min.
02/28: Trainer 60 min.
02/29: Trainer 60 min.
------------------------
MTD: 40.1 mi
MTD Bike Time: 985 min (16 hrs 25 min)

Eleavation: MTD: 1187'

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jeirvine
Classic and Vintage Sales
17
12-08-18 10:44 PM
dfischer
Road Cycling
24
08-02-18 01:21 PM
Cyclist0084
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
107
04-01-16 06:07 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.