Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (https://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   My Superbowl day ride (https://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/620838-my-superbowl-day-ride.html)

Homeyba 02-08-10 09:22 PM

My Superbowl day ride
 
We can't let Mr. Beanz have all the fun so I thought I'd post some pics of my Sunday ride. It was awesome! There was nobody on the road and I mean nobody! I bet we didn't have more than a half dozen cars pass us on our 44mile ride from Cambria to Ragged Point along Hwy 1. Enjoy, we sure did.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...raining6-1.jpg
Piedros Blancos in the background.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...Mtraining4.jpg
Cruising along the coast.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...Mtraining5.jpg
The pier near San Simeon.

Herbie53 02-08-10 09:30 PM

Sweeeeet! Love that part of the coast.. miss it much.

Mr. Beanz 02-08-10 11:22 PM

$4000 wheels and they don't match!:eek:.....Cool ride, nice tandem :thumb: , 'cept for the wheels:p!

Who is the stoker? Wife or the new partner you mentioned?

Homeyba 02-08-10 11:46 PM


Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 10379697)
$4000 wheels and they don't match!:eek:.....Cool ride, nice tandem :thumb: , 'cept for the wheels:p!

Who is the stoker? Wife or the new partner you mentioned?

Dang, nothing gets by you!:lol: Yep, they are both Zipp 404's just different sets from different years. The front one I've had since 2004ish and the rear one is brand new. They're just the wheels I grabbed.

The Stoker is my new RAAM partner. She's pretty awesome!

Herbie, this is an awesome place to ride. Even better without all the tourist traffic!

Herbie53 02-09-10 06:43 AM


Originally Posted by Homeyba (Post 10379746)
Dang, nothing gets by you!:lol: Yep, they are both Zipp 404's just different sets from different years. The front one I've had since 2004ish and the rear one is brand new. They're just the wheels I grabbed.

The Stoker is my new RAAM partner. She's pretty awesome!

Herbie, this is an awesome place to ride. Even better without all the tourist traffic!

I will own a set of 404's, oh yes I will... if for no other reason they seem to get under Beanz skin.:p

I was in deep sailor / sailing party attendance mode when we lived out there. Most of our touring was done in this.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ingoncoast.jpg

Mr. Beanz 02-09-10 08:56 AM

Zips would be cool but the color difference (front to rear) throws my brain off balance!:D

Herbie53 02-09-10 09:02 AM


Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 10380623)
Zips would be cool but the color difference (front to rear) throws my brain off balance!:D

perhaps one of these would help......
http://home.cogeco.ca/%7Ebikerider/d...lwhite-800.jpg

Mr. Beanz 02-09-10 09:28 AM

:eek:......

Homeyba 02-09-10 01:33 PM

That's a pretty cool Disk! What's the axle spacing. Bet it would look awesome on the tandem.

Herbie53 02-09-10 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by Homeyba (Post 10381972)
That's a pretty cool Disk! What's the axle spacing. Bet it would look awesome on the tandem.

dunno.. just a picture from an eBay ad for the decal... might need to get one (and the decal) for my still on order TT bike though!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.