Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

The Tour

Old 10-19-12, 05:21 AM
  #1  
chefisaac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Posts: 6,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Tour

So yesterday, myself and about 9 other chefs flew into New Orleans for work. We ate, looked around, etc. Then it came time to take a tour. We hired a local to give us a walking tour. Was interesting for sure. A lot of history here.

But to be frank, I payed more attention to the bike commuters on the road. I could not tell you what the tour guide said about the building but I could tell you what a girl was riding and the stuff she had on her bike.

lol
chefisaac is offline  
Old 10-19-12, 06:08 AM
  #2  
OiS
Senior Member
 
OiS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 315

Bikes: 2010 Trek Madone 6.9 Project One Livestrong, Single Speed "Tokyo Bike", BH 29'er, Trek California Cruiser Classic Springer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds to me like you've got your priorities straight!
OiS is offline  
Old 10-19-12, 07:43 AM
  #3  
Neil_B
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
So yesterday, myself and about 9 other chefs flew into New Orleans for work. We ate, looked around, etc. Then it came time to take a tour. We hired a local to give us a walking tour. Was interesting for sure. A lot of history here.

But to be frank, I payed more attention to the bike commuters on the road. I could not tell you what the tour guide said about the building but I could tell you what a girl was riding and the stuff she had on her bike.

lol
Cue one of Joeybike's videos on the Commuting Forum.....

BTW, did you visit Brennan's and have the Banana Foster?
 
Old 10-19-12, 07:44 AM
  #4  
goldfinch
Senior Member
 
goldfinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota/Arizona and between
Posts: 4,045

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I really notice bike cultures when I travel and look at what people are riding and where they ride and if they ride. I love Minneapolis. There are so, so, many riders there. And I swear, Surly is the number one bike brand on the Greenway.
goldfinch is offline  
Old 10-19-12, 08:34 AM
  #5  
chefisaac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Posts: 6,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
I really notice bike cultures when I travel and look at what people are riding and where they ride and if they ride. I love Minneapolis. There are so, so, many riders there. And I swear, Surly is the number one bike brand on the Greenway.
Very interesting about the Surlys.

I am with ya.... being able to look around in new places to find what riders are doing, riding, and where they are going is very interesting.
chefisaac is offline  
Old 10-19-12, 08:35 AM
  #6  
chefisaac
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Posts: 6,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Neil_B View Post
Cue one of Joeybike's videos on the Commuting Forum.....

BTW, did you visit Brennan's and have the Banana Foster?
No fosters yet. We have been to so many places though. Just got done eating at Mothers. Great little dive to eat at.
chefisaac is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Talldog
Professional Cycling For the Fans
70
07-15-14 05:38 PM
jorbea
Southeast Regional Rides and Events
1
01-30-12 08:23 PM
k9power
Touring
10
05-23-10 10:08 AM
centralparkbike
Northeast
0
03-09-10 03:15 PM
centralparkbike
Charity Events
0
03-09-10 03:11 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.