Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

gluing bike locks?

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

gluing bike locks?

Old 08-12-10, 12:29 PM
  #1  
xafofo
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bezerkeley
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gluing bike locks?

Some "vigilante" who hates bikes is gluing bike locks... never heard of this kind of thing but if it happened to me I wouldn't be too happy. Hope this doesn't become a trend

https://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories..._08_13_bk.html
xafofo is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 12:42 PM
  #2  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
With all of the problems in the world, this guy is chosing to take time to harass cyclists for cluttering sidewalks? Bike lock batman...what a hero. Can we get a folk song tribute?

PRIORITIES ARE A GOOD THING.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 12:48 PM
  #3  
FunkyStickman
On a Mission from God
 
FunkyStickman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thibodaux, LA
Posts: 2,010

Bikes: '10 Surly LHT, Rat-rod Klunker, '82 Peugeot PH12 Centennial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What an idiot.
FunkyStickman is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 12:53 PM
  #4  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
I'm not sure what local laws are in NYC/NY State...maybe an attorney up there would know...but it's very possibly against the law for the paper not to notify authorities if aware of a crime. Perhaps a good answer here is to notify the publisher he is violating obligations and laws (assuming he is) and insist he inform local authorities.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 12:57 PM
  #5  
Tinton
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
shouldn't the tea party be focusing on november?
Tinton is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:01 PM
  #6  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,118
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15185 Post(s)
Liked 6,345 Times in 3,597 Posts
The renegade — whose name has been concealed because of the sensitive nature of this story — has committed the crime a few times, but told us last week that there are plans to broaden the sticky situation.

“If I get the right people together, we will go down Bedford Avenue at 4 am and inject every bike lock on the strip with Krazy Glue,” said the vigilante, whom we’re calling “The Bike Crusader.”
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but telling somebody you plan to commit a crime in [the if you're not a Brit] future obligates that person to report this to the authorities, yes? This is so important that it trumps even the confidentiality that a doctor or lawyer enjoy? But, apparently, this isn't the case with newspapers.

The Crusader’s beef rests with the bikers and the city officials who “allow them into the neighborhood.” The city’s move to widen the sidewalks at N. Seventh Street and Bedford Avenue to make way for bike parking, the U-shaped bike racks lining the sidewalks, and the “failure” by cops to remove bikes locked to city-owned signage left the Crusader stewing in a pot of anger.
Failing to punish wrong-doers is very offensive to us apes.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:02 PM
  #7  
oboeguy
34x25 FTW!
 
oboeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,013

Bikes: Kona Jake, Scott CR1, Dahon SpeedPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I work blocks from there. Glue guy is obviously off his onion because the bikes are in no way a public nuisance and only assures that bikes are in place longer if their locks are glued.
oboeguy is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:04 PM
  #8  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but telling somebody you plan to commit a crime in [the if you're not a Brit] future obligates that person to report this to the authorities, yes? This is so important that it trumps even the confidentiality that a doctor or lawyer enjoy? But, apparently, this isn't the case with newspapers.



Failing to punish wrong-doers is very offensive to us apes.
That's why I wrote what I did...I think it likely the paper's publisher could be found to be an accomplice, but I also don;t know local NY laws. Were he warned...he might be cooperative about sharing the identity with authorities. I;d also say victims of glue guy could sue him (publisher) for damages.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:05 PM
  #9  
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 11,375

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
From the article: "“If I get the right people together, we will go down Bedford Avenue at 4 am and inject every bike lock on the strip with Krazy Glue,” said the vigilante, whom we’re calling “The Bike Crusader.”"

OK, so people know when and where to watch for him and his cronies. Thump two of them and glue their hands together around a lamppost.
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:10 PM
  #10  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,118
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15185 Post(s)
Liked 6,345 Times in 3,597 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake View Post
That's why I wrote what I did...I think it likely the paper's publisher could be found to be an accomplice, but I also don;t know local NY laws. Were he warned...he might be cooperative about sharing the identity with authorities. I;d also say victims of glue guy could sue him (publisher) for damages.
I noticed that somebody else had the same realization as me once I'd posted my reply. Great minds think alike.

And I can't imagine New York allows people to not report crimes they've been told are going to happen. While they might in some circumstances ( like journalists with anonymous sources ) let people keep quiet about crimes that have already happened, preventing future crimes from taking place is a much higher priority.

Also, as our vigilante friend was quoted in the article ( "If I get the right people together..." ) a case could at least be made for a conspiracy charge, which is technically a second planned/future crime. And sadly it's one that would be punished a lot more severely than destroying bicycle locks.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:14 PM
  #11  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
I noticed that somebody else had the same realization as me once I'd posted my reply. Great minds think alike.

And I can't imagine New York allows people to not report crimes they've been told are going to happen. While they might in some circumstances ( like journalists with anonymous sources ) let people keep quiet about crimes that have already happened, preventing future crimes from taking place is a much higher priority.

Also, as our vigilante friend was quoted in the article ( "If I get the right people together..." ) a case could at least be made for a conspiracy charge, which is technically a second planned/future crime. And sadly it's one that would be punished a lot more severely than destroying bicycle locks.
That's my read too...I just don't like saying "this is the case" in areas I'm not familiar with. In PA...that guy is open for civil and criminal action and I think it likely the same is true for NY. Even Doctor-Patient and clergy privledge doesn't extend to crimes that haven't been commited yet. Anyway...if this is a real publication, they probably have legal advice. I think this whole thing is easily solved by calling and emailing the publisher about his legal vulnerability. Not too many folks would risk civil action, even if it's unlikely they'd lose anything, over nothing.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:15 PM
  #12  
mustachiod
Senior Member
 
mustachiod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so how is preventing someone from removing their bike a solution to this 'problem'

what a loon!
mustachiod is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 01:22 PM
  #13  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
Should anyone be interested in letting the paper's publisher know how they feel about this issue, I found the following contact info:

Publisher Celia Weintrob
CWeintrob@CNGLocal.com (718) 260-4503

I'd suggest explaining that you will be speaking with them about their culpability should glue guy strike them.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 02:35 PM
  #14  
2_i 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,123

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M27R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 122 Posts
Acetone, which is the main ingredient in nail polish remover, dissolves superglue quite effectively.
2_i is online now  
Old 08-12-10, 03:38 PM
  #15  
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 11,375

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i View Post
Acetone, which is the main ingredient in nail polish remover, dissolves superglue quite effectively.
I thought that most removers went to acetone free formulations back in the mid 90s when the DOT put all sorts of crazy HazMat shipping restrictions on anything containing acetone.

(Still available at hobby shops though.)
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 03:47 PM
  #16  
mustachiod
Senior Member
 
mustachiod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when i was in college, some folks were slapping locks onto other peoples' bikes so they could not ride them. then return later and steal the bike when no one was watching. I'd accuse this guy of the same intent and get him arrested for attempted theft
mustachiod is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 06:27 PM
  #17  
Santaria
Senior Member
 
Santaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brownsville, TX
Posts: 2,174

Bikes: Surly CC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its yellow journalism. It's a bull**** story. It has so many holes that it isn't funny. Mr. Campbell is not a valid journalist, and the rag you guys are giving validation to is seeking just that, validation. I checked and they have no affiliation with any reputable media organization.

On the question of whether they are complicit in any crime due to their prior knowledge of it? That seems like something that would have to be reviewed by NY law.

But welcome to the world of journalism the way people in the U.S. wanted. Unregulated, without validation or a background of academe at all. I'm absolutely baffled why people are all like

I HATE THE MEDIA AND LOVE BLOGGERS! THEY CAN KILL OFF THE LIBERAL MEDIA BY PRODUCING FACTS!!!!

and then when you guys find out that fly-by-night crapola is just that, you're befuddled.

Notice the AP and UPI aren't associated with this free, weekly rag?


200 real journalists were hurt in the making of this thread, 2 papers were forced into bankruptcy and a Hollywood actor who gives two ****s about anything more than his 400 year old wife and their pile of money just smiled because you all validated him.
Santaria is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 06:53 PM
  #18  
nahh
on your left.
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 1,802

Bikes: Scott SUB 30, Backtrax MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
Its yellow journalism. It's a bull**** story. It has so many holes that it isn't funny. Mr. Campbell is not a valid journalist, and the rag you guys are giving validation to is seeking just that, validation. I checked and they have no affiliation with any reputable media organization.

On the question of whether they are complicit in any crime due to their prior knowledge of it? That seems like something that would have to be reviewed by NY law.

But welcome to the world of journalism the way people in the U.S. wanted. Unregulated, without validation or a background of academe at all. I'm absolutely baffled why people are all like

I HATE THE MEDIA AND LOVE BLOGGERS! THEY CAN KILL OFF THE LIBERAL MEDIA BY PRODUCING FACTS!!!!

and then when you guys find out that fly-by-night crapola is just that, you're befuddled.

Notice the AP and UPI aren't associated with this free, weekly rag?


200 real journalists were hurt in the making of this thread, 2 papers were forced into bankruptcy and a Hollywood actor who gives two ****s about anything more than his 400 year old wife and their pile of money just smiled because you all validated him.
haha...I thought you were just ignorant, but I see your signature is "RetroestGrouch" so you have a part to play...I see. I dearly hope you aren't as close-minded as your statements make you seem. Validation for journalism comes from the readers (like consent of the governed, if you read) therefore, that is valid journalism since people seem to like it.

source: that big, huge, evil, "mass media" thing that is my passion. And angering people with words. Quite frequently I can do both at once.
nahh is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 07:20 PM
  #19  
Santaria
Senior Member
 
Santaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brownsville, TX
Posts: 2,174

Bikes: Surly CC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nahh View Post
haha...I thought you were just ignorant, but I see your signature is "RetroestGrouch" so you have a part to play...I see. I dearly hope you aren't as close-minded as your statements make you seem. Validation for journalism comes from the readers (like consent of the governed, if you read) therefore, that is valid journalism since people seem to like it.

source: that big, huge, evil, "mass media" thing that is my passion. And angering people with words. Quite frequently I can do both at once.
Actually, I was sorta having fun venting at the 'death of newspapers' mentality, but since you seem to be 'in the know' about how newspapers work, riddle me this

1. How are wire stories selected? Is there a censor that dictates the angle, political leaning and scope of them? Or is it simply a guy making $8.75 an hour who is given a page to fill, which he does so he can go home after deadline?
2. When a blogger puts out 'reader validated content' does he have sources, an understanding of how to properly proof his work and someone to double check his facts?

How is realizing that people are lemmings who are being led by politicians, the rich and those people disconnected with the concepts they tout at 'closed-minded?'

I don't buy either side of the political spectrum, and I feel sad for anybody that honestly thinks that the solution is liberal anarchism, or conservative corporationism.

Shutting down the media, or worse creating a media based on bloggers who are not responsible to anything but their own beliefs is NOT the solution. No matter how you try to spin it.

Last edited by Santaria; 08-12-10 at 07:24 PM. Reason: missed a point
Santaria is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 07:50 PM
  #20  
coldfeet
Senior Member
 
coldfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't read the article, so maybe it was addressed, but maybe some locals in NY can chime in. As I understand it, parking in NY is difficult, or expensive, at best?

I suspect this guy is simply suffering from a case of sour grapes, because the cyclist aren't paying through the nose to park.
coldfeet is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 08:24 PM
  #21  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
Actually, I was sorta having fun venting at the 'death of newspapers' mentality, but since you seem to be 'in the know' about how newspapers work, riddle me this

1. How are wire stories selected? Is there a censor that dictates the angle, political leaning and scope of them? Or is it simply a guy making $8.75 an hour who is given a page to fill, which he does so he can go home after deadline?
2. When a blogger puts out 'reader validated content' does he have sources, an understanding of how to properly proof his work and someone to double check his facts?

How is realizing that people are lemmings who are being led by politicians, the rich and those people disconnected with the concepts they tout at 'closed-minded?'

I don't buy either side of the political spectrum, and I feel sad for anybody that honestly thinks that the solution is liberal anarchism, or conservative corporationism.

Shutting down the media, or worse creating a media based on bloggers who are not responsible to anything but their own beliefs is NOT the solution. No matter how you try to spin it.
While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, the execution was ineffective and makes you seem like a pretentious crack pot. Also...while I didn't take the step of researching the publication, my impression was that it was a local neighborhood rag more than a blog or tabolid; sort of like a 3rd rate Village Voice. Finally...as much as I may mourn the death of legit journalism with an attempt at objectivity, let's be reasonable here...journalism was dieing in this country before blogs (although blogs were certainly the kill stroke). When AP style began to be replaced and articles began to take on the flavor of columns...the writing was on the wall. That mistake was done without blogs and pandered to morons before Glenn Beck first started drinking tea. The current anger based ranting political style has more to do with the public's desire to blame someone for the faltering economy than it does changes in media technology.

As far as the sillines of the far right and the far left...I always thought MAD Magazine had it exactly right when they had a drawing of an armed fanatic looking lunatic labeled communist terrorist...and the same drawing labeled right wing freedom fighter. There are no easy answers, only tough decisions with winners and losers.
KonAaron Snake is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 08:28 PM
  #22  
gerv 
In the right lane
 
gerv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 9,565

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
From the horse's mouth, so to speak... how to remove Super Glue

Because Super Glue is so strong and bonds so fast, some people may find that they have accidentally glued two fingers together, or found that that small piece of balsa wood or plastic from a model they were building has completely bonded to their skin! Not to worry, for even though Super Glue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone.
https://www.supergluecorp.com/removingsuperglue.html
gerv is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 09:16 PM
  #23  
Santaria
Senior Member
 
Santaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brownsville, TX
Posts: 2,174

Bikes: Surly CC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake View Post
While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, the execution was ineffective and makes you seem like a pretentious crack pot. Also...while I didn't take the step of researching the publication, my impression was that it was a local neighborhood rag more than a blog or tabolid; sort of like a 3rd rate Village Voice. Finally...as much as I may mourn the death of legit journalism with an attempt at objectivity, let's be reasonable here...journalism was dieing in this country before blogs (although blogs were certainly the kill stroke). When AP style began to be replaced and articles began to take on the flavor of columns...the writing was on the wall. That mistake was done without blogs and pandered to morons before Glenn Beck first started drinking tea. The current anger based ranting political style has more to do with the public's desire to blame someone for the faltering economy than it does changes in media technology.

As far as the sillines of the far right and the far left...I always thought MAD Magazine had it exactly right when they had a drawing of an armed fanatic looking lunatic labeled communist terrorist...and the same drawing labeled right wing freedom fighter. There are no easy answers, only tough decisions with winners and losers.
lol, after working in the newspaper industry for 14 years, I am officially a loon, or a crack pot. Either way, my hostility is more toward the end of my occupation than anything more, or less
Santaria is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 09:24 PM
  #24  
KD5NRH
Senior Member
 
KD5NRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stephenville TX
Posts: 3,697

Bikes: 2010 Trek 7100

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
And I can't imagine New York allows people to not report crimes they've been told are going to happen. While they might in some circumstances ( like journalists with anonymous sources ) let people keep quiet about crimes that have already happened, preventing future crimes from taking place is a much higher priority.
Exactly; even attorney-client privilege generally doesn't extend to admissions of future acts.
KD5NRH is offline  
Old 08-12-10, 09:27 PM
  #25  
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike
 
KonAaron Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 17,125

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
lol, after working in the newspaper industry for 14 years, I am officially a loon, or a crack pot. Either way, my hostility is more toward the end of my occupation than anything more, or less
That I can sympathize with! Journalism was one of the areas I was considering most seriously in my early days and obviously I'm glad I didn't end up going down that road.

I'm always amused by allegations of "left wing media elites" when corporations like GE own the media outlets.

One other thought...Father Coughlin. Glenn Beck and his ilk aren't really news. Whenever times are tough, people who sell easy answers are popular. It's much easier and more comforting to think that it's all the fault of <fill in evil group here> than thinking things like we don't have a manufacturing base and China's resources and labor force make it the first real economic challenge we've seen in a LOT of years. Technology and automated low end labor have killed off the concept of a blue collar middle class...and that's just something we're never getting back. Add in the globalized economy and death of the unions. Those folks are understandably angry and as a group not very well educated. Give them an easy rant and they'll yell with you.

Last edited by KonAaron Snake; 08-12-10 at 09:35 PM.
KonAaron Snake is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.