California - Not the Place To Be If Over 65

Old 03-18-20, 08:24 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 40 Posts
This phenomenon isn't limited to just California.

Old 03-18-20, 08:27 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked 647 Times in 265 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime View Post
I'm only 61 but look forward to days even better than today.

Fewer cars makes for better cycling.
We had the same idea. I’ll bet you recognize this place. Looks like they’re serving up COVID. 😃

Likes For Biker395:
Old 03-18-20, 09:39 PM
big john

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2439 Post(s)
Liked 1,815 Times in 1,016 Posts
Originally Posted by prairiepedaler View Post
You forgot to mention Tin Foil Hat® too. I mentioned it because the guy is a retired medical doctor offering a differing rational perspective. Don't we want the truth, however it's arrived at?

I thought I did keep the politics out by altering my first post and re-posting. The link itself might have been the issue.

Remaining willfully in the dark won't help the situation and relying solely on official, sanctioned sources isn't wise in this case because they do not have all the answers. Multiple sources of information should be referenced and compared. I recall a now deceased famous American historian who in an interview mentioned how bright on average Americans were compared to some parts of the world, but monumentally ignorant because they are so woefully uninformed.
Presumptuous much? You don't know anything about me, certainly not enough to make those kinds of judgements.
The truth? You think Ron Paul saying the democrats are using the Covid thing to bring down Trump is the truth? We're done.
Old 03-19-20, 03:31 AM
Lazyass

Bikes: Vintage steel, aluminum, modern carbon disc, single speed, MTB's, the works

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 56 Posts
Everyone chill. Even IIhan Omar is praising Trump now if you can believe that.

FYI from a certain source. Prepare for a big announcement before this weekend and stock up on two weeks worth of supplies no matter what state you're in before the rush. May want to buy an indoor trainer if you don't have one. Things may start to suck big time.
Old 03-19-20, 03:37 AM
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 1,197 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime View Post
I'm only 61 but look forward to days even better than today.

Fewer cars makes for better cycling.
bluff cove never ever sucks...rain or shine. hopefully, you nabbed more of the pvp area on your ride. if not...go back asap and grab your share of hills.

Last edited by ooga-booga; 03-19-20 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-19-20, 04:22 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Party on!
In this supporter video I go into the phenomenon of emptying prisons - and how the world might soon look like what is happening in Iran, without careful measures. The link I talk about to the website that has many videos from China etc., can be found here: https://archive.nothingburger.today/
Old 03-19-20, 07:29 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Originally Posted by Lazyass View Post
Everyone chill. Even IIhan Omar is praising Trump now if you can believe that.
That's it ... surely this is the end of days.

Likes For Biker395:
Old 03-19-20, 09:59 AM
prairiepedaler

Bikes: Raleigh Elkhorn, Maruishi MT18 Frame, Sekine Toledo Frame

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by big john View Post
Presumptuous much? You don't know anything about me, certainly not enough to make those kinds of judgements.
The truth? You think Ron Paul saying the democrats are using the Covid thing to bring down Trump is the truth? We're done.
You don't know anything about me either, nor do you have all the answers. Paul is giving a medical estimation and an opinion on how crises can be manipulated, something societal managers know and are adept at. I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying it happens and has happened before. Now we're done.
Old 03-19-20, 10:06 AM
prairiepedaler

Bikes: Raleigh Elkhorn, Maruishi MT18 Frame, Sekine Toledo Frame

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by SHBR View Post
This phenomenon isn't limited to just California.

It's interesting how these terms, aka "Boomer", come into common parlance. Billy Joel's "We didn't start the Fire" kind of addressed it; a younger generation blaming their problems in the World on an older generation. Boomer, in the young's minds, is clearly a derogatory term towards a certain age group, just like when Boomers called someone a "Square" in the 60's. I see it as perpetuation of divide and conquer strife; adding salt to the wound of the generation gap. I'm concerned for the younger generation and try to offer them meaningful advice on how to manage their future, and offer them some perspective. I ask them to try and think what they will be called when they are "Boomer" age.
Likes For prairiepedaler:
Old 03-19-20, 10:42 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Originally Posted by prairiepedaler View Post
It's interesting how these terms, aka "Boomer", come into common parlance. Billy Joel's "We didn't start the Fire" kind of addressed it; a younger generation blaming their problems in the World on an older generation. Boomer, in the young's minds, is clearly a derogatory term towards a certain age group, just like when Boomers called someone a "Square" in the 60's. I see it as perpetuation of divide and conquer strife; adding salt to the wound of the generation gap. I'm concerned for the younger generation and try to offer them meaningful advice on how to manage their future, and offer them some perspective. I ask them to try and think what they will be called when they are "Boomer" age.
Yea ... not exactly the greatest generation. But as my son points out, we are to blame for raising them. And it certainly not all of that generation that feel so entitled ... only the more whiny of them, and as usual, they are the ones making the most noise.

Really disappointed in way humanity is behaving as of late ...

Likes For Biker395:
Old 03-19-20, 12:33 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8548 Post(s)
Liked 2,189 Times in 1,240 Posts
Well it seems everyone is done discussing cycling in Cali over the age of 65, so adios.
Likes For BillyD: