Reload this Page >

COVID/Spring picture folder cleaning thread

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

Old 03-25-20, 02:46 PM
GnipGnop
just having fun

Bikes: 1994 TiCycles Softride, 199X Cyclops Stealth Softride, 1999 Rocky Mountain Soul, 1973 Colnago Super

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 23 Posts

Are you going through old photos on your computer and finding interesting bike related ones you forgot about? Me too! Post those photos here.

Here's me out on a ride on my dad's old racing bike, this 70's Colnago with matching pump. He said he didn't race with the water bottle holder shown on the handlebars here. He did the drillium on the crank and rings.

This was the first bike I bought when I moved across the country. I believe I paid...$400 cash? I had been walking all over the place I moved getting used where things were and knew there was a great bike path and road shared path too. So I bought something I thought was a lot of bike and also interesting, considering the budget. I even bought the exact same bike in size XXS just to keep the wheels and have a spare beam and hardware. I think I paid $100 for that.

The bike had the in my opinion, beautifully smooth operating triple green 600 shimano running gear. Great brakes, and good looking overall. Keep things oiled and tight and that's it. Super low maintenance. Only reason it's gone is because the bike is aluminum and the head tube developed a crack.

The only thing I regret is not having the confidence to try clipless sooner.