Reload this Page >

Laid Off due to virus.

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

Laid Off due to virus.

Old 03-25-20, 04:07 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 349 Times in 205 Posts
Laid Off due to virus.

Well it was just a matter of time with the way the virus is spreading. Massachusetts has asked all non-essential businesses to shut down for the next two weeks. After speaking with the owner we made the decision to close the shop. We only have 7 employees and we've all have been practicing social distancing from the start. It's not like dog, cat, and animal figurines are a top priority at this time. So today was my wife (we work together) and I started our 2 week lay off. We live in a very rural area and will spend at least several hours a day walking around the lake area we live by. On todays 2 hour walk we saw looks of footprints in the snow but only came across 2 other hikers. We did see 7 people out fishing at the lake.
Old 03-25-20, 05:35 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
Liked 1,168 Times in 792 Posts
Our county officially locked down at 12 am today. My wife got furloughed starting today until at least April 6.

I'm salary plus commission and I can get by with some web work or email advertising work for the company for a short while, but if I'm not turning a wrench and the other 5 techs aren't turning wrenches, money isn't coming in. Also parts sales aren't happening and equipment sales for 2020 are in the toilet now.

My boss already hinted of pay cuts coming. His words were, "the whole company has to sacrifice". It's just a wait and see to find out what the size of the cuts will be.

The plus side is when I work at home, I usually take a ride as a lunch break. By the way, the temp here hit 89F today. It's not fair, dammit.
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 03-25-20, 07:07 PM
Hondo Gravel
Basically Psychotic

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1770 Post(s)
Liked 1,888 Times in 1,202 Posts
It was warm today sat on lawn tractor all afternoon. Will get back on lawn tractor tomorrow. Gas down to 1.85.
Likes For Hondo Gravel: