Reload this Page >

A morphological analysis

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

A morphological analysis

Old 04-26-20, 09:26 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1824 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 553 Posts
A morphological analysis

if one were to take a cosmic view point > & consider that the EARTH is an organic entity unto itself & host to many smaller or less complex entities (much like the human body) > it follows that the direst threat to the earth's organic well being is MAN & it is pathologically consistent that the real virus is mankind & COVID-19 is merely a NATURALLY occurring ORGANIC anti body attempting to protect the EARTH from the virus that is US >>> atoms exist in molecular galaxies ... galaxies exist in cosmic quadrants ... mans existence is not even a light year millisecond > on a cosmic scale mankind occupies less cosmic time & space than any of the bio dynamics that make up the earth ... mankind is a late appearing anti organic infection of the earth's atmosphere , lands & seas >>> to survive mankind must lessen its harmful effects on the body earth >>> should mankind continue its violation of EARTH'S essence then the EARTH'S antibodies will eradicate mankind ........................................... #purple lava lamp
Old 04-26-20, 09:49 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,232 Times in 1,111 Posts
Or as Edward Abbey said (perhaps with foreknowledge in this case, given his proclivity to go on for many pages to set up a clever pun):

Nature always bats last.
Old 04-26-20, 09:54 PM
tds101 
Wake up!!!

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 150 Posts
I had actually told my wife a little while back that mother nature was correcting all of the issues us humans had caused. Seems about right,...
Old 04-26-20, 10:21 PM
Oneder
Banned.

Bikes: Wahoo of Theseus, others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
It's poor farming and animal practices in china that is to blame, assuming this is not a lab escapee. In the civilized lands these things just don't happen.
Old 04-26-20, 10:35 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked 688 Times in 381 Posts
Originally Posted by Oneder View Post
It's poor farming and animal practices in china that is to blame, assuming this is not a lab escapee. In the civilized lands these things just don't happen.
Just so you know, most antibiotic resistant bacteria are a direct result of US intensive farming practices, using antibiotics as growth promoters. And the civilised world has been pointing this out to the USA pretty well since antibiotics were first developed... but you know, profits and all... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6017557/
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 04-27-20, 12:55 AM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post
Just so you know, most antibiotic resistant bacteria are a direct result of US intensive farming practices, using antibiotics as growth promoters. And the civilised world has been pointing this out to the USA pretty well since antibiotics were first developed... but you know, profits and all... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6017557/
That's not true on many levels. Animals don't cause most antibiotic resistance in the first place, it's improper use of antibiotics in humans and ultimately simply their widespread use at all and there are many bacteria that are completely immune to them in the wild thankfully most of these are rarely transferred to humans. China also created e coli that is resistant to every single antibiotic recently. You do still have to get it though, antibiotics in animals don't magically lead to resistant strains of staph you find in hospitals for instance and they also don't make your own immune system somehow unable to resist them, it is a much overblown topic.
Old 04-27-20, 01:12 AM
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 4803 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,244 Posts
That's not true on many levels. Animals don't cause most antibiotic resistance in the first place, it's improper use of antibiotics in humans and ultimately simply their widespread use at all and there are many bacteria that are completely immune to them in the wild thankfully most of these are rarely transferred to humans. China also created e coli that is resistant to every single antibiotic recently. You do still have to get it though, antibiotics in animals don't magically lead to resistant strains of staph you find in hospitals for instance and they also don't make your own immune system somehow unable to resist them, it is a much overblown topic.

Just wondering, did you deliberately take a screen name that was made fun of in the movie "That Thing You Do" ?
Old 04-27-20, 01:15 AM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Just wondering, did you deliberately take a screen name that was made fun of in the movie "That Thing You Do" ?
Yeah I took it on a whim, it always made me laugh how everyone kept pronouncing it Oh Needers when they meant to have it be a clever spelling of Wonders.
Old 04-27-20, 01:27 AM
CycleryNorth81

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Tell that to your family if your family ever catch MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) or C diff (Clostridium difficile).
Likes For CycleryNorth81:
Old 04-27-20, 01:34 AM
livedarklions
Certified Class A Wanker

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 4803 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,244 Posts
Yeah I took it on a whim, it always made me laugh how everyone kept pronouncing it Oh Needers when they meant to have it be a clever spelling of Wonders.
Just curious big fan of that movie.

The guy who wrote the title song died of covid, by the way.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 04-27-20, 01:59 AM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Just curious big fan of that movie.

The guy who wrote the title song died of covid, by the way.
Wow, thanks for telling me! Seems like more and more people I know or have heard of are dying by the minute.
Old 04-27-20, 02:00 AM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by CycleryNorth81 View Post
Tell that to your family if your family ever catch MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) or C diff (Clostridium difficile).
Tell them what? That it came from antibiotics in cows when it didn't? lol you have no clue.
Old 04-27-20, 02:32 AM
CycleryNorth81

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Tell them what? That it came from antibiotics in cows when it didn't? lol you have no clue.
I don't have a clue? The pseudo scientific bs conclusions is quite obvious to us familiar in the scientific arts.
Likes For CycleryNorth81:
Old 04-27-20, 02:55 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked 688 Times in 381 Posts
Ah, I see, you can link to scientific articles that have a tenuous link to your assertions but I can't link to something that supports my argument 100% THE LINK WAS TO A PEER REVIEWED STUDY LINKING ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE TO THE USE OF ANTIBIOTICS IN LIVESTOCK.
Here's another one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK216502/
and another one https://www.who.int/drugresistance/d...ancereport/en/
What is becoming clear is that you are yet another Dunning-Kruger sufferer. If there is one thing I can say, Covid-19 has bought them out of the closet. You aren't some kind genius, just someone who doesn't know enough to know that they don't know enough.
Old 04-27-20, 08:43 AM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

I don't have a clue? The pseudo scientific bs conclusions is quite obvious to us familiar in the scientific arts.
But he is a stable genius with an IQ > 150. I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

(You are right, btw. Antibiotics in animal feeds is one of the primary culprits.)
Old 04-27-20, 08:48 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 188 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
But he is a stable genius with an IQ > 150. I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

(You are right, btw. Antibiotics in animal feeds is one of the primary culprits.)
Which is worse, do you know? Over use in humans or antibiotics in animal feed?
Old 04-27-20, 08:50 AM
Hondo Gravel
Basically Psychotic

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked 2,078 Times in 1,331 Posts
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 04-27-20, 09:34 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Liked 905 Times in 488 Posts
Everyone with a smart phone, internet, or talk radio is now a genius who knows better than the experts who have spent a lifetime studying in their field. Yay!
Likes For AlmostTrick:
Old 04-27-20, 09:49 AM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Originally Posted by skookum View Post
Which is worse, do you know? Over use in humans or antibiotics in animal feed?
No. But the main problem is horizontal transfer of antibiotic resistance genes, so if you address one but not the other, it won't be effective.

Antibiotics in animal feed seems completely gratuitous, and is more widespread. They do it mainly because it seems to fatten up the animals more.

At least in the case of treating bacterial infections in humans, there is a medical rationale for their use.
Likes For wgscott:
Old 04-27-20, 09:53 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Quoted: 21304 Post(s)
Liked 4,197 Times in 3,071 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick View Post
Everyone with a smart phone, internet, or talk radio is now a genius who knows better than the experts who have spent a lifetime studying in their field. Yay!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Brawndo.jpg (65.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 04-27-20, 09:55 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...can't.....catch....my....breath.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 04-27-20, 09:57 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Or as Edward Abbey said (perhaps with foreknowledge in this case, given his proclivity to go on for many pages to set up a clever pun):

Nature always bats last.
...Hayduke Lives !!!!
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 04-27-20, 10:35 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 188 Times in 117 Posts
No. But the main problem is horizontal transfer of antibiotic resistance genes, so if you address one but not the other, it won't be effective.

Antibiotics in animal feed seems completely gratuitous, and is more widespread. They do it mainly because it seems to fatten up the animals more.

At least in the case of treating bacterial infections in humans, there is a medical rationale for their use.
Thanks.
Old 04-27-20, 10:44 AM
Oneder
Banned.

I went to grad school in a very difficult scientific field where 80%+ dropped out and have 150+ IQ. It is quite obvious to me someone is full of it but obviously it's you. Cows causing antibiotic resistant hospital infections is 100% MSM level nonsense, sorry, which is also likely where you get all your 'science' information. What studies did you read to support this? Oh yeah, none. So you are just repeating crap you saw on tv.
Old 04-27-20, 10:46 AM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
...can't.....catch....my....breath.
And you think you're smart because why? This is what baffles me. I go to sleep and wake up and already you have make like 100 posts since then taking pathetic jabs at me man, you need to grow up lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.