Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 2,295 Times in 1,482 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
I know you shouldn't wrestle with a pig in the mud, but I'd love to see you provide some evidence for this.
Plenty of JJ types around here (Hondo Texas) . Anybody that doesn’t agree with them is on dope
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-29-20, 01:02 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 1,862 Times in 1,217 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
i'm not angry. I'm merely disdainful of your ilk.
You claim tl, dr: Over less than 100 words? Grade 8 must have been frustrating.
Edit. Added to ignore list.
+ 1. Time to put this poster on the ignore list.
Old 06-29-20, 01:03 PM
alanf

Bikes: Devinci Millenium, Gary Fisher Joshua

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by sirjag View Post
Wearing a mask is simple and the best thing you can do to help prevent the spread of virus. Choosing not too is horribly selfish. .
Proof please, as in scientific proof. A recent engineering report shows that behind a mask CO2 builds to dangerous levels and the mask does not stop the outflow or ingress of any particulate.

"In a news briefing Monday, Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme, said there was "no specific evidence" to suggest there was any "particular benefit" to the mass public wearing masks."

Here is a excerpt from what the Surgeon General and the (corrupt) UN says:"CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. You should only wear a mask if a healthcare professional recommends it. A facemask should be used by people who have COVID-19 and are showing symptoms," the CDC says.

I am a retired corporate pilot. We flew regularly at altitudes of 28,000 to 47,000 feet. At those altitudes you have to have O2 tanks and masks in the aircraft for the pilots especially and also passengers, because your time of useful consciousness (TUC) in the event of a depressurization is in the order of seconds not minutes. You have to be trained annually and I have done depressurization training at a military facility to see what happens to anybody whether they are a strapping healthy, exercising type, 24 year old guy or a wheezing cigarette smoker at 65 years old. I have seen young guys pass out long before the old ciggy puffing guy. So much for being a healthy biker...

Anyhow, all pilots who fly in this rarefied atmosphere are obligated to not have a beard, not even a shadow because it will cause the mask to leak and thus be useless. (Same was true when I was on a volunteer mine rescue/fireman team.)
The masks that we wear are inflated like a balloon when you squeeze the sides of the front of it when you grab it from it's holder. Then after you put it over your head and release the front of the mask it deflates and sucks it right onto your head/face. (like a vice grip) Nothing leaks in these masks.
is a video of a second officer demonstrating what the masks are like.

These fluffy cute little things that you buy or make or the BLM masks do not stop anything from getting in or out. The average person when breathing normally projects out maybe a foot plus or minus six inches, tops normally. With a mask, it simply goes out the side or top and if you believe the mask will make you safe from anything you are sadly mistaken.

Regarding the social distancing hoax, thats another unscientific eeny meeny miny moe con job. That was scientifically studied by the US Army during the Spanish flu epidemic in 1918 or so. They found that it significantly increased the incidence of the flu, in the order of around 30%. Be wary of what comes out of TV announcers mouths.

Re: washing your hands and not touching your face... no science behind that. Not long ago, one of the well known hand cleaners that was passed out in hospitals and stores was pulled off the market for containing a known carcinogen, Tricloscan, despite the label saying FDA approved.... it wasn't approved by anyone. All the crap being put on your hands, makes a beeline for your liver once absorbed and then plugs up your liver, so it cannot clean the blood properly. ie. 'its poisonous'. Constantly washing your hands especially with soap, washes the thin layer of oils which keep your skin soft and seals it to keep you protected. In other words when you wash that protective, healthy immune system oil off, your strongest immune system component - the skin, dries up and cracks just like mud when it dries out. Those cracks make your skin look like this and easily allow bacteria to crawl in and make themselves right at home.

Conclusion make your own mind up and question those in authority. They were not appointed by God and are fallible.
Old 06-29-20, 01:10 PM
greengo 
Riding the Greek Isles...

Bikes: Fuji roubaix pro / Specialized Road bike / Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Stats for Texas - (to date)
2,006,724 tests to date
153,175 total cases
82,407 recoveries
70,768 Active cases
2,416 total deaths
1.577- total cases to death percentage
0.12 - total tests given to death percentage

Texas is # 3 in the nation of total tests given to date (California & New York are #1 & 2)
83 deaths per million average (ranking down at 39 out of 50 states)
Total deaths ranking at 15 out of 50

for those that want to lock-down & stay home they should do that
for those that want to continue their lives & take precautions they should be allowed to do that as well
Old 06-29-20, 01:43 PM
desconhecido 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 98 Posts
So, we have greatly increased testing and, so some say, we're seeing more cases detected. Some say that the increased number of cases is as a result of increased testing. But, that does not explain what looks very much like exponential growth of hospitalizations. Here is a chart published by the Texas Medical Center. I don't think this can be explained as a result of increased testing.

Old 06-29-20, 02:04 PM
desconhecido 

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Plenty of JJ types around here (Hondo Texas) . Anybody that doesn’t agree with them is on dope
Here's Chris Smither doing a cover of a Danny O'Keefe song from the early 70s which seems to get more meaningful every day. Someone said that history may not repeat itself but it often rhymes.
Likes For desconhecido:
Old 06-29-20, 02:14 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 14463 Post(s)
Liked 2,435 Times in 1,812 Posts
Originally Posted by jjafterdark
Second, what is being labeled "coronavirus" is actually a random sequence of genetical material taken from lung fluid.
I know you shouldn't wrestle with a pig in the mud, but I'd love to see you provide some evidence for this.
I wonder if ideas are simply taken far out of context.

Much of Modern Genetics is about busting large pieces of genetic material into small pieces of genetic material, replicating them, sequencing, then reassembling the code like pieces of a puzzle.

That is unless one is dealing with Wolly Mammoths, in which one begins with fragments, then still sequences and assembles the puzzle pieces.

It is interesting how a person can seemingly accept parts of scientific background. Perhaps accept Watson, Crick, and Linus Pauling while denying future applications of their fundamental work.

Accept certain types of procreation while denying other types of procreation.
Old 06-29-20, 02:43 PM
Rstyle

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by desconhecido View Post
So, we have greatly increased testing and, so some say, we're seeing more cases detected. Some say that the increased number of cases is as a result of increased testing. But, that does not explain what looks very much like exponential growth of hospitalizations. Here is a chart published by the Texas Medical Center. I don't think this can be explained as a result of increased testing.

The other important data is positivity rate. There are still people in my area that insist that the increase in cases is because of more testing. Totally false. The increase is because of more infections and it is determined by the percentage of positives from the tests that are performed. It does not matter if you do 100 or 1 million. The question is what % were positive. Although you would want to keep the number below 10%, here in Florida is just over 13%. In the Orlando area it is 17% and in Miami it is over 20%.
The Governor says everything is fine and as expected. Not only did he jump at getting the Republican Convention here but when Michigan decided they did not want to host one of the presidential debates, he brought it to Miami
Likes For Rstyle:
Old 06-29-20, 02:44 PM
alanf

Originally Posted by greengo View Post
Stats for Texas - (to date)
2,006,724 tests to date
153,175 total cases
82,407 recoveries
70,768 Active cases
2,416 total deaths
1.577- total cases to death percentage
0.12 - total tests given to death percentage

Texas is # 3 in the nation of total tests given to date (California & New York are #1 & 2)
83 deaths per million average (ranking down at 39 out of 50 states)
Total deaths ranking at 15 out of 50

for those that want to lock-down & stay home they should do that
for those that want to continue their lives & take precautions they should be allowed to do that as well
Thanks greengo, I agree.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the tests are really not an actual indication of Covid anything. The tests look for a certain antigen that is a bodily response to something that attacks it such as a cold or flu. The creator of the test has clearly stated that that using it to determine the actual existence of anything specific is wrong headed. Gee I don't know anyone who has possibly had a flu or a cold....

Corononvirus means it is supposedly shaped like a corona or as my Apple dictionary says:
"Astronomy the rarefied gaseous envelope of the sun and other stars. The sun's corona is normally visible only during a total solar eclipse, when it is seen as an irregularly shaped pearly glow surrounding the darkened disk of the moon.
(also corona discharge) Physics the glow around a conductor at high potential.
a small circle of light seen around the sun or moon, due to diffraction by water droplets.

2 Anatomy a part of the body resembling or likened to a crown."

Bear in mind no one has actually ever seen any virus. The pictures of it (Covid ???) everywhere are wild unsubstantiated guesses. There was a recent court case in Germany where the judge ruled there was no such thing as the measles virus as no one has actually seen one.

The best estimates on the accuracy of the much ballyhooed tests are in the range of 50% plus or minus. May as well pick up a dart and throw it behind you at the wall. If it hits something you have it.

In one Province in Canada for instance (Quebec) the provincial government has warned the Docs etc not to post anything on social media, about what happens in the hospitals, because there have been so many who did like Dr Buttar and Dr Shiva and the legions of others saying this is a hoax.

Last edited by alanf; 06-29-20 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-29-20, 02:46 PM
Steeler_fanatic

Bikes: 2018 Trek Domane ALR 5

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Cases are going up in a lot of the southern states (I'm in NC) but the increases are in a younger age range (I'm 59 so younger is relative). So knocking on wood we won't be seeing a commensurate rise in hospitalizations and deaths. We should know in about a week or so if that is true.
Old 06-29-20, 02:47 PM
Rstyle

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Personally, it is shocking and embarrassing to hear the federal government saying that they are proud of the “amazing” response to the virus when we have more cases and deaths that any other country in the planet and our curves keep going up while most other countries have downward curves
Likes For Rstyle:
Old 06-29-20, 02:49 PM
Cycle Tourist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post
We can't differentiate between actual increased infections and more testing. Only hospitalizations matter.

Destroying people's jobs and businesses is a heinous travesty. Broke and bored people are ready to riot again when given an excuse.

The original point of the lockdowns was "flattening the curve," spreading the inevitable infections out over time so we don't run out of ventilators and kill people who could have been saved.

Government restrictions are unnecessary and undesirable as long as ICU occupancy isn't over 90%.

If you don't want COVID-19, stay home, have only non-perishable food delivered, and let it sit outside until the virus denatures. That's your choice. It's probably the wrong one when you're a young person with a family to support and low risk of death. It's the best course of action when you're a retired 80 year old who wants to see their great grandchildren born.

If you want to pack into a crowded bar with strangers then exchange bodily fluids that's also your choice. It's a bad idea like using addictive drugs, drinking too much, or eating too much.

In between, you might work (from home if possible), wear masks, stay six feet from people, not frequent indoor social settings like restaurants, and complete a quick weekly grocery shopping mission at stores requiring patrons to wear masks.

I get it. I really do. But even if you are young and asymptomatic who are you willing to kill around you, a little girl fighting leukemia, a woman with breast cancer or just exposing a whole community of unsuspecting people? If your young you may be fine but....... We'd probably be on the way out by now with better leadership like most countries but we elected too many idiots so here we go again.
Likes For Cycle Tourist:
Old 06-29-20, 02:50 PM
alanf

So are you suggesting that you are the omnivorous domesticated hoofed mammal with sparse bristly hair and a flat snout for rooting in the soil, kept for its meat, or were you attempting to sound intelligent while savagely attacking the object of your wrath?
Old 06-29-20, 02:56 PM
alanf

Originally Posted by Rstyle View Post
The other important data is positivity rate. There are still people in my area that insist that the increase in cases is because of more testing. Totally false. The increase is because of more infections and it is determined by the percentage of positives from the tests that are performed. It does not matter if you do 100 or 1 million. The question is what % were positive. Although you would want to keep the number below 10%, here in Florida is just over 13%. In the Orlando area it is 17% and in Miami it is over 20%.
The Governor says everything is fine and as expected. Not only did he jump at getting the Republican Convention here but when Michigan decided they did not want to host one of the presidential debates, he brought it to Miami
It is curious that the rates of positives and hospitalizations and deaths seems to be closely related to the political party in power..... ie democrat equals plandemic. just sayin....
Old 06-29-20, 03:05 PM
relrrt

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Texans don't listen to Yankees
Old 06-29-20, 03:35 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 14463 Post(s)
Liked 2,435 Times in 1,812 Posts
Originally Posted by Rstyle View Post
Personally, it is shocking and embarrassing to hear the federal government saying that they are proud of the “amazing” response to the virus when we have more cases and deaths that any other country in the planet and our curves keep going up while most other countries have downward curves
Brazil and India may well catch up with the USA.

Good Company
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 06-29-20, 03:41 PM
clubman 
Youngman Grand

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
^^^^^^^^^ no BLACK GOSPEL music for texicans
You spelled your name incorrectly bigot. It's not pot, it's A-double-S
Ignored as well
Old 06-29-20, 04:06 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Calm down people. Nothing wrong with a civil argument or debate as long as you don’t insult people that is not necessary. That JJ guy got banned because he was insulting everybody on the forum basically he was trolling. I don’t put anybody on ignore now matter how obnoxious you are I have been to many redneck parties in Texas. I have a very thick skin. Believe me I have heard some the craziest stuff over the beer cooler in my day
Old 06-29-20, 04:08 PM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 39 Posts
It's not pot, it's A-double-S
You can say "Ass"

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Likes For dstrong:
Old 06-29-20, 04:11 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

You spelled your name incorrectly bigot. It's not pot, it's A-double-S
Ignored as well
Im a Texican.... If you are from South Texas no matter what skin color or heritage you have you are a Texican! The Culture is half American-Texan and Mexican which is Texican. They are people whiter than me with the last name Garcia they are darker people that have the last name Crawford. That is how it is and why we get along very well. And I’m proud of that.

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 06-29-20 at 04:14 PM.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-29-20, 04:25 PM
clubman 
Youngman Grand

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf View Post
It is curious that the rates of positives and hospitalizations and deaths seems to be closely related to the political party in power..... ie democrat equals plandemic. just sayin....
That's why listening to politicians instead of health care regulators has been destructive. They always have an axe to grind. The lack of a sincere, federally co-ordinated response is the going to wreak havoc with our American friends, Texas and everywhere else.
You can't seriously speculate that there is no pandemic? The problem is Trump and history will reflect that.
Likes For clubman:
Old 06-29-20, 04:45 PM
desconhecido 

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Im a Texican.... If you are from South Texas no matter what skin color or heritage you have you are a Texican! The Culture is half American-Texan and Mexican which is Texican. They are people whiter than me with the last name Garcia they are darker people that have the last name Crawford. That is how it is and why we get along very well. And I’m proud of that.
Been living in Texas for over 40 years. El Paso, Levelland, Lubbock, Midland, Crabb, Sugarland, and Houston. In my experience, most everybody is pretty tolerant and accepting and all that, but I'm sometimes surprised by what some people will say and do when they think nobody's watching. Particularly with a little ethanol lubrication. I've been at parties where some folks got so bent out of shape that they started behaving as if they were on the internet, or at a Trump rally.
Likes For desconhecido:
Old 06-29-20, 04:46 PM
CaliTexan

Bikes: 2019 Co-Motion Carrera (S&S) / 1998 Litespeed Tuscany / 2014 Wilier Zero 7

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
I think Drew in #8 is generally right. I wear a mask as a matter of courtesy to others who are worried, but I think the mask issue is a red herring.

As used by most people, I doubt cloth masks and bandanas have any real value except if a person sneezes or coughs directly on your face. And even then, it will get into your system through your unprotected eyes.

The only real step you can take (beyond hand washing and keeping your hands off of your face) is to stay away from other people generally, and particularly to not stay indoors with others more than absolutely necessary.
Old 06-29-20, 05:06 PM
alanf

That's why listening to politicians instead of health care regulators has been destructive. They always have an axe to grind. The lack of a sincere, federally co-ordinated response is the going to wreak havoc with our American friends, Texas and everywhere else.
You can't seriously speculate that there is no pandemic? The problem is Trump and history will reflect that.
There is an old saw about 'to a hammer everything looks like a nail'. 'To a union worker every job should be determined by their union'. Keeping that in mind, to a 'health care worker' everyone looks like a Patient (Pt)'.

I used to be the President of the local Youth Justice, so I dealt with the Police. I like them, they do work that I am grateful that I am not required to do.... buuutttt when I would drop over for a chat they would regale me for hours about there being a criminal behind every rock... and they needed more money and equipment and support etc etc.. I have a number of physician friends and other persons in that biz. I am an alternative practitioner myself but I learned it for the knowledge. To my Doc buddies they will tell you that if you are completely healthy as the proverbial horse and you walk into their office for a check up they will find something wrong with you.... and it will sound horrific.

Soooo your statement that "listening to politicians instead of health care regulators has been destructive" is utter hooey. We'd have a hospital on every block, every house would have a hole blasted into it to take you out on a stretcher, a helipad on the roof, and every house would have a cough detector instead of smoke detector and it would be monitored by a herd of nannies and the first time you coughed you would be put on a suicide watch. A swat team would show up, bust down the door and drag you off.

A good politician i.e. the current leader in the US, has run businesses before, so he looks at problems not from the view of an ideologue but from the practical viewpoint of
a. What is the problem,
b. What are the possible solutions, because there are always a million.
c. Then from that cornucopia you have to have a system to winnow down till a winner is chosen, based on the best available information.

So many problems so little time and money.
Old 06-29-20, 05:13 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 1,862 Times in 1,217 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf View Post
snip . . .

A good politician i.e. the current leader in the US, has run businesses before, so he looks at problems not from the view of an ideologue but from the practical viewpoint of
a. What is the problem,
b. What are the possible solutions, because there are always a million.
c. Then from that cornucopia you have to have a system to winnow down till a winner is chosen, based on the best available information.

So many problems so little time and money.
This is simply not true. Trump has no idea what the problem is and no idea what the solution is. The the US of A has significantly worst health results due to the pandemic than other advanced democracies and this is due to Trump's incompetent leadership.

The bottom line is that he did not listen to experts, he did not choose the best solutions, and he did not decide anything based on the "best available information."
Likes For bikemig:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.