Reload this Page >

Real food for real people

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

Real food for real people

Old 11-26-20, 07:23 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: 1989 Club Fuji, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper, 1997 Gary Fisher Big Sur, 2001 GT i-drive Race, Iro Mark V, a bunch more

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post
I've always wanted to deep fry a turkey. Don't even eat them, just up for the challenge, got a nice big gas burner and a big pot. Been in Antarctica for the last 4 Christmases, not many turkeys and way too many rules to be playing with a couple of gallons of hot oil, so maybe this is my year.
My dad will do that every once in a couple Thanksgivings. Delicious. And terrifying...
Old 11-26-20, 08:08 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12527 Post(s)
Liked 4,651 Times in 2,397 Posts
If you are going to fake data, at least try and remember to add the extra covid deaths to the monthly average. Our are you saying the average death rate has gone down in proportion to the extra covid deaths.
meanwhile on the CDC website :

quite a few weeks behind
He must be a Gravy Seal.
Old 11-27-20, 03:42 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked 565 Times in 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
CDC Data: Total Deaths All Causes (US)
2017 = 234,458 per month
2018 = 236,600 per month
2019 = 237,916 per month
2020 = 236,667 per month (Jan to Sept)
Just to hammer home how fake your figures are... here are the CDC figures for excess deaths in another format. The 260,000 is excess deaths this year above the upper bound of variation, the 360,000 is above the long term average.
To put it in context, 2020 should be around 270,000 deaths per month based on the long term average.
https://public.tableau.com/vizql/w/C...ssDeaths%22%7D
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 11-27-20, 07:31 PM
Astrozombie

Bikes: Fuji Nevada, Diamondback Insight, Motobecane Mirage

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
That's what I heard, the count is under-counted by about 50K.
Likes For Astrozombie:
Old 12-08-20, 01:41 AM
FastMike
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
The meat packing industry has been a mess for decades, especially handling poultry and pigs. Not all of them are bad, but I've seen some bad places in person as a safety and health inspector. And that was during non-pandemic times. The worst was a place that made bacon and sausage. They "smoked" the meat using construction grade 2x4 lumber scraps -- pine, whitewood, etc. The place was filthy and you could literally smell the fear of the animals. But I've also inspected much better places.

I'm not at all surprised Tyson would pressure employees to work in unhealthy conditions despite the pandemic. It's a crap industry and the standards are lower now than when I was working.

It's partly because consumers expect cheap goods. They weren't willing to pay the real costs for meat that didn't come at the price of the safety and health of employees. And now with the economy so lopsided, with many low wage employees needing food supplement programs like SNAP to survive, many Americans couldn't afford to pay the real costs of poultry even if they were willing to do so.
In other words, these type of businesses are selfish and only thinking of themselves and money - disregarding customer's health, safety and satisfaction. It is disappointing!
Likes For FastMike:
Old 12-08-20, 09:38 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 13416 Post(s)
Liked 4,702 Times in 2,641 Posts
If you are going to fake data, at least try and remember to add the extra covid deaths to the monthly average. Our are you saying the average death rate has gone down in proportion to the extra covid deaths.
meanwhile on the CDC website :

quite a few weeks behind
Just because somebody died of covid in an ICU bed with a tube down their throat doesn't mean they even had the virus. Some people just like having tubes down their throat. Everybody who died was mortal so they would have died anyway. It's worth half a million dead so I don't have to wear a piece of cotton on my face. As long as it's other people dying. Those refrigerator trucks outside of hospitals aren't for people dying of the covid hoax, they're full of iced cream to cheer the nurses up. Everybody who thinks the virus is real just because the virus is real is a sheeple.

Come on, man, what else is there to say?
Likes For Seattle Forrest: