Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1637 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 1,082 Posts
Ground Zero radio show

Listening to Ground Zero and Clyde Lewis is going all hostile Yelling about the lockdown and we are heading toward being North Korea. I hate the things we will have to do combat this virus but sometimes you have to do things you donít like. I like the show and itís wackiness but he is basing his anger on the events in Portland, Oregon. I can do whatever I did before but I wear a mask at the grocery store and stuff like that. But comparing things to WW2 era Germany is getting way too far out there. My neighbor a young woman with a two year old had COVID-19 and fortunately recovered . I just found out about this today so it feels closer now. Now I realize late night radio is designed to be all crazy with conspiracy theories and the like so Iím just listening. I believe we have never faced this kind of a scenario so we are all freaked out somewhat. If we stay rational and follow some common sense I believe we can beat this thing.
Old 11-25-20, 12:23 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2714 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 805 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Listening to Ground Zero and Clyde Lewis is going all hostile Yelling about the lockdown and we are heading toward being North Korea. I hate the things we will have to do combat this virus but sometimes you have to do things you donít like. I like the show and itís wackiness but he is basing his anger on the events in Portland, Oregon. I can do whatever I did before but I wear a mask at the grocery store and stuff like that. But comparing things to WW2 era Germany is getting way too far out there. My neighbor a young woman with a two year old had COVID-19 and fortunately recovered . I just found out about this today so it feels closer now. Now I realize late night radio is designed to be all crazy with conspiracy theories and the like so Iím just listening. I believe we have never faced this kind of a scenario so we are all freaked out somewhat. If we stay rational and follow some common sense I believe we can beat this thing.
Hondo, I've read several books on civilian life in WW2 Germany (before any hint of COVID). When this started happening, my first thought is that we should take this as seriously as they had to. March and April in NY City. People waking up and wondering who they might have lost last night. No so different from good German civilians wondering who of their neighbors they might have lost to last night's bombing.

Yes, except in isolated places like NY City, we haven't seen WW2-like death rates yet. But we are nicely on track to meet the US WW2 deaths in a few months. (I say this lightly because we have treated this disease lightly. All we have to do is take this seriously, not spread it and it goes away - almost entirely. Yes, that does mean doing everything differently, like the German civilians had to.)
Old 11-25-20, 12:45 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

I’m isolating myself as much as possible. I’m lucky I am setup to be a recluse. I can cruise my gravel bike from my garage and have miles of lightly traveled roads with zero contact with people. Needed some new shoes so I just used Amazon and UPS delivery so I wouldn’t have to drive into San Antonio. Just stuff like that to stay isolated. I take the beer run risk once in a while but wear a mask and keep hand sanitizer in my vehicle. Trying to minimized the risk in general.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 11-25-20, 01:17 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: 1989 Club Fuji, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper, 1997 Gary Fisher Big Sur, 2001 GT i-drive Race, Iro Mark V, a bunch more

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 178 Posts
We really screwed the pooch on this one.
Likes For Rage:
Old 11-25-20, 07:14 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 534 Times in 385 Posts
I’m isolating myself as much as possible. I’m lucky I am setup to be a recluse. I can cruise my gravel bike from my garage and have miles of lightly traveled roads with zero contact with people. Needed some new shoes so I just used Amazon and UPS delivery so I wouldn’t have to drive into San Antonio. Just stuff like that to stay isolated. I take the beer run risk once in a while but wear a mask and keep hand sanitizer in my vehicle. Trying to minimized the risk in general.
> Likewise and but i'm in the minority where ever I am
Old 11-26-20, 04:12 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 3958 Post(s)
Liked 1,719 Times in 1,106 Posts
All that hyperbole, drama and whining about NaziSocialFascisKoreaChinaVenezuelaCubaCommies has been worn out. The people spouting that nonsense have the minds of juveniles who've been told to turn off the TV and finish their homework. Or else they're just opportunistic con artists milking the panic to sell something.

My grandparents and parents actually lived through WWII and more than one epidemic. They knew real sacrifice and compromise to get through a hardship that affected the entire nation.

These whiners now aren't complaining about genuine hardships. They're whining about being deprived of their pleasures and diversions.

Yeah, the pandemic led to an economic crisis and very personal financial losses. But some of those losses could have been mitigated if people had taken this seriously sooner and acted with maturity. Instead they allowed themselves to be suckered by conspiracy theories and side show hucksters selling conflict and survivalist crap.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 12-16-20, 11:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Yup, Ground Zero is trying to sell food kits for the apocalypse. Now Clyde Lewis is saying the election was rigged with some algorithms to make Biden the winner. I know it is an entertainment BS show but this rigged election crap is getting old. Time for something new like DNA altering doughnuts or Big Foot understands English and Spanish. Anything!
Old 12-17-20, 09:42 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 534 Times in 385 Posts
Yup, Ground Zero is trying to sell food kits for the apocalypse. Now Clyde Lewis is saying the election was rigged with some algorithms to make Biden the winner. I know it is an entertainment BS show but this rigged election crap is getting old. Time for something new like DNA altering doughnuts or Big Foot understands English and Spanish. Anything!
or catching ON THE EDGE XMAS IN PRISON SPECIAL streaming on KVLU.org at 9pm CST sat nite
Old 12-17-20, 10:48 AM
1979schwinn 

Bikes: 79 Schwinn & 2017 Fuji Tread 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Breaking news: BIG FOOT caught the COVID.
Likes For 1979schwinn:
Old 12-17-20, 10:45 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Old 12-18-20, 08:44 AM
FBOATSB 

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 101 Posts
Is Bigfoot wearing Crocs 'n socks?
That might be my problem with the wimmins.
Likes For FBOATSB:
Old 12-18-20, 10:33 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Originally Posted by FBOATSB View Post
Is Bigfoot wearing Crocs 'n socks?
That might be my problem with the wimmins.
Crocs n socks will repel women and everyone else. That is just WRONG...