Anti-vaxx++

Old 01-01-21, 12:05 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13423 Post(s)
Liked 4,709 Times in 2,645 Posts
Anti-vaxx++

A Milwaukee pharmacist was arrested Thursday and accused of "tampering with and causing the destruction" of more than 550 doses of the Moderna vaccine against the coronavirus last week, Grafton, Wis., police confirmed.
The Moderna vials must be stored between 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit. They can remain efficacious for up to 12 hours if left at room temperature. Beyond that, the drug is rendered useless.

As a result, health care workers were forced to throw out about 570 doses of vaccine. However, some people were given the medicine that had been left out.

The pharmacist told investigators he knew "that people who received the vaccinations would think they had been vaccinated against the virus when in fact they were not," officials said.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/pharmac...-vaccine-doses

Old 01-01-21, 12:21 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1637 Post(s)
Liked 1,705 Times in 1,083 Posts
Nut Job! I think I might retreat to my cave permanently and lift dumbbells and only go outside to ride my bikes. An educated pharmacist purposely trashing a vaccine is crazy. Pull his license permanently and let him sit in a covid jail for a few months or years. I knew the crackpots will start interfering with vaccine distribution. My careless neighbors that don’t live here anymore caught covid and they wanted me to go to their new residence for Christmas and good thing I didn’t I would likely have covid.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 01-01-21, 12:22 PM
FBOATSB 

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 101 Posts
What will seal that guy's fate is the fact that some of that spoiled vaccine actually got injected in some people's arms.
Old 01-01-21, 01:17 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Nut Job! I think I might retreat to my cave permanently and lift dumbbells and only go outside to ride my bikes. An educated pharmacist purposely trashing a vaccine is crazy. Pull his license permanently and let him sit in a covid jail for a few months or years. I knew the crackpots will start interfering with vaccine distribution. My careless neighbors that don’t live here anymore caught covid and they wanted me to go to their new residence for Christmas and good thing I didn’t I would likely have covid.
Put him in solitary confinement and make him listen to KISS piped in 24/7, and never allow him contact with other people.

Oh wait,...isn't that somebody we know..?
Old 01-01-21, 03:14 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Old 01-01-21, 04:09 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 4891 Post(s)
Liked 2,128 Times in 1,271 Posts
Someone who went thru pharmacy school and has worked giving medical to people suddenly is anti-vax?
odd.
Old 01-01-21, 04:26 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 166 Posts
Covid-19 seems to be the straw that broke the crazy Camel's back.

Edited to say how crazy is it that this pharmacist probably dolled out opiate prescriptions without blinking an eye but needed to ruin 500 doses of a glorified flu shot.

Last edited by GrainBrain; 01-01-21 at 04:48 PM.
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 01-04-21, 03:55 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked 536 Times in 387 Posts
the Chinese deal with people like this guy quicker and better than US
Old 01-04-21, 07:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame, Ti 26 MTB

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked 938 Times in 657 Posts
It is a shame crucifixions have to be so religious in nature, nailing some jackhole to some wood and leaving him hanging to die is pretty brutal plus you could put him on a truck with some good signage and drive him around some highway time could really do wonders for someone like that or put him up in a dog park and have a perfect pee spot for Snowball (or Snuffles his human name).
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-05-21, 09:47 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 13051 Post(s)
Liked 1,730 Times in 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
Someone who went thru pharmacy school and has worked giving medical to people suddenly is anti-vax?
odd.
The more sick people, the more medicine one can sell. Vaccines put a damper on that.
Old 01-05-21, 10:11 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
The more sick people, the more medicine one can sell. Vaccines put a damper on that.
I guess...but pharmacies arent exactly struggling for business- prescription medication is everywhere. Also, what specifically was he planning to sell the people in place of the vaccine?
Old 01-05-21, 10:23 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 13051 Post(s)
Liked 1,730 Times in 1,309 Posts
I guess...but pharmacies arent exactly struggling for business- prescription medication is everywhere. Also, what specifically was he planning to sell the people in place of the vaccine?
super-duper-placebo!!!
Old 01-05-21, 10:57 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 76 Posts
odd.
Honestly, I have taught kids at all levels - medical, pharmacy, dental, PhD, MS, undergraduates and some of them are just plain stupid. I can't tell you how many MD students that I have met who are just plain crazy.

I say this all the time and get tons of flack for it but being a MD does not make you a scientist.
Likes For vespasianus:
Old 01-05-21, 04:31 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Breezer Radar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1719 Post(s)
Liked 993 Times in 469 Posts
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/con...oss-metal-zone

Turns out it's not a tracking device in the vaccine, but a guitar amplifying chip - I don't want to be injected with a guitar amplifying chip either.
Likes For tyrion:
Old 01-06-21, 10:31 AM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 9690 Post(s)
Liked 1,960 Times in 1,337 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/con...oss-metal-zone

Turns out it's not a tracking device in the vaccine, but a guitar amplifying chip - I don't want to be injected with a guitar amplifying chip either.
As stated in the article...
One user wrote, “Excellent. Reassured to know that 5G relies on op-amps and some 1n4148 diodes. Proper old school. None of that digital and microprocessor nonsense. I’ll take one in each arm.”
Likes For genec:
Old 01-07-21, 05:20 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame, Ti 26 MTB

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2027 Post(s)
Liked 938 Times in 657 Posts
If you are going to inject me with a pedal better make it a Big Muff. Not the Mehtal Zone
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-08-21, 02:01 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 262 Posts
I must say ... this is disturbing. Sometimes, I think misinformation and those that disseminate it are the most dangerous virus. :-(

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...a6cfafe383f6af

Old 01-08-21, 02:31 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by Biker395 View Post
I must say ... this is disturbing. Sometimes, I think misinformation and those that disseminate it are the most dangerous virus. :-(

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...a6cfafe383f6af
This is a result of our own making. We as a country created current distrust among some groups due to literally experimenting on blacks in the South which ultimately killed well over 100 men.
Medicine that makes it thru trials and onto the market in normal times is still pulled due to health risks, so yeah- when vaccines are rushed to market, there will be distrust by some.

Some of that distrust can be chalked up to misinformation, and some should be actually listened to because they have concerns due to historical reasoning like experiments and other medications pulled from the market after release.

A good way to handle it is probably the opposite of calling people who are concerned 'the most dangerous virus'.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 01-08-21, 02:53 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked 536 Times in 387 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus View Post
Honestly, I have taught kids at all levels - medical, pharmacy, dental, PhD, MS, undergraduates and some of them are just plain stupid. I can't tell you how many MD students that I have met who are just plain crazy.

I say this all the time and get tons of flack for it but being a MD does not make you a scientist.
i wish you would tell Rand Paul that
Old 01-08-21, 03:06 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 262 Posts
This is a result of our own making. We as a country created current distrust among some groups due to literally experimenting on blacks in the South which ultimately killed well over 100 men.
Medicine that makes it thru trials and onto the market in normal times is still pulled due to health risks, so yeah- when vaccines are rushed to market, there will be distrust by some.

Some of that distrust can be chalked up to misinformation, and some should be actually listened to because they have concerns due to historical reasoning like experiments and other medications pulled from the market after release.

A good way to handle it is probably the opposite of calling people who are concerned 'the most dangerous virus'.
You are using paraphrases to put words in my mouth. I didn't say that people who are "concerned" are the most dangerous virus. I said that people who promulgate misinformation are. There is a difference between being a skeptic and deliberately promulgating information that is demonstrably false and harmful.

Re skepticism ... I look at it this way. At my age, my chance of dying of COVID or being seriously disabled by it is significant ... in the order of a few percent at least. Unless someone can show me that the danger from a vaccine that went through clinical trials and passed ... one that was given to tens of thousands, and several months ago ... and one based on a technology developed over the last decade .... is HIGHER than that, the choice is clear. At least it is for me.

And no ... I'm not going to curl up in my house and isolate for the next several years.

Likes For Biker395:
Old 01-08-21, 03:29 PM
Marcus_Ti 
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 380 Times in 239 Posts

There are lots of factors here. Past vaccines and experimentation...but moreover the entire Wellness Woo movement in the USA. Which is an entire cottage industry of 'All Natural', 'Supplements', and outright crap called 'Alternative Medicine', and simply dangerous and poisonous nonsense like 'Miracle Mineral Solution' AKA drinking bleach.

There's a multi billion USD industry allowed to flourish in the industry that exists by flouting the medical establishment and science and eschewing it for acupuncture, herbs, 'all natural' this and that, chiropractic, 'intercessory prayer', and so on. And people literally eat and drink it up....and some of those things--are covered by insurance--astoundingly.
Old 01-08-21, 03:50 PM
Hondo Gravel
Society Dropout

Grandma’s magic potions was nothing but moonshine
Old 01-08-21, 04:07 PM
mack_turtle
n00b

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey, Twin Six Standard Rando

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 269 Posts
some math person can probably compute the approximate number of people who will be infected and also how many will die because they didn't get the vaccine in time, or didn't get it when they thought they did. charge him with murder.