Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Jamis Renegade owners

Old 07-15-18, 12:50 AM
  #301  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by birru
If you're looking at the Marathon Allmotion then it sounds like weight isn't the biggest concern for you. I've been running the Donnelly Strada USH 40c tubeless lately and it's really nice. Heavy, but nice. It rolls very well on pavement and wears well while offering enough tread and volume to work well on gravel and dirt. I also really liked the Schwalbe G-One Allround 38c tire. The tiny tread wears quickly on the rear, but doesn't really compromise performance when that happens. Allround is an accurate name for that tire.
It's not a huge concern - I know this bike is a bit heavier than my old road bike and that's fine. Looks like the difference between two of the Almotions and the stock tires comes out to about 14 oz, which isn't insignificant. I guess it's hard to say how that much weight will really translate to momentum conservation on smooth pavement. I could easily lose a lb. or five on the rider, so there's that. I'll check out the tires you mentioned, thanks!
Dokterrock is offline  
Old 07-16-18, 02:04 PM
  #302  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear all,
Iím wanting a bike to commute nine and a half miles each way to work along lanes and B roads. Iím lucky enough on this to have a pretty generous budget and so am looking at various Ďadventureí bikes as being tough light bikes. I do like the idea of a little suspension effect for Britainís gloriously rough roads but I understand a well designed frame geometry and the wider tyres can go a long way to smoothing out bumps too.
So Iím specifically looking at several carbon framed bikes, the Janis Renegade Elite, the Specialized Diverge Comp 2019 and the Trek Checkpoint SL6
any thoughts? So far Iíve tried an aluminium Norco that was ok, and the Elite which was amazing!!
thanks for any advice, josh
silk road is offline  
Old 07-17-18, 08:30 AM
  #303  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Oso Polar
BTW, stock tires, Clement X Plor MSO, seem to wear really fast on pavement. Most of my mileage is on pavement and after just about 700 miles there is a very noticeable wear on the rear tire.
Yeah, I have maybe 400 so far on mine and the center tread is noticeably worn down already. Still a lot left, though, and I should have my new wheels in another week or so. I am starting off with 32c Gravelking slicks and I'll see what I think of those.
jfoobar is offline  
Old 07-17-18, 11:51 AM
  #304  
Senior Member
 
shoota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 8,123
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 686 Times in 465 Posts
Originally Posted by silk road
Dear all,
Iím wanting a bike to commute nine and a half miles each way to work along lanes and B roads. Iím lucky enough on this to have a pretty generous budget and so am looking at various Ďadventureí bikes as being tough light bikes. I do like the idea of a little suspension effect for Britainís gloriously rough roads but I understand a well designed frame geometry and the wider tyres can go a long way to smoothing out bumps too.
So Iím specifically looking at several carbon framed bikes, the Janis Renegade Elite, the Specialized Diverge Comp 2019 and the Trek Checkpoint SL6
any thoughts? So far Iíve tried an aluminium Norco that was ok, and the Elite which was amazing!!
thanks for any advice, josh
Although I haven't tried any of those personally, I have heard the Checkpoint's IsoSpeed seatpost is really fantastic.
__________________
2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2
2019 Salsa Warbird
shoota is offline  
Old 07-17-18, 06:13 PM
  #305  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dokterrock
  • The size 58 Expat comes with 46mm wide bars and they feel really wide compared to my old roadie. Hopefully I'll get used to them after a couple of weeks, but I could see myself going down a size.
  • I'd like some tires that roll a little bit better on flat pavement. Not sure what those will be yet, but something with a slick center strip I think. Compass Bon Jon Pass maybe? Also considering Schwalbe Marathon Almotions as well, but maybe these are too slick on rougher terrain? I'm probably 85/15 pavement/gravel.
  • .
Keep the EvoMax bars for now - you'll get use to them and the extra leverage is super delightful on the rougher stuff. Even on a normal road bike, unless you're a club racer type, that 12 degree of flare is super comfy and the shallower drop means I spend a lot more time in the drops on rougher descents (either on road or singletrack) which gives you a lot more grip and brake feel vs. on the hoods. On a 'normal' road handlebar, the drop (even on compacts) can be too low and pitched for regular use. I know plenty of non-racer road types who have replaced their bars with the EvoMax's.

I would only get the Bon Jon's if you're strictly sticking to road and light gravel. The sidewalls and even the centre tread on those things although are buttery, are fragile (even on the standard casing). I would go the Panaracer Gravel King Slicks in the 38mm, which has a thin layer of puncture protection and decent sidewalls (and are half the price vs. Bon Jon's). Though I agree with the man Jan Heine that knobs aren't needed for the majority of gravel riding (and actually degrade cornering performance on anything other than bigger than pea-sized gravel or mud). Big slicks at low pressure is plenty of grip. Knobs only needed when it can actually bite into something (soft loam, mud etc).

I regularly take the Renegade onto some proper "green" singletrack - for that I have a 2nd wheelset with the biggest tyres I could fit in - WTB Resolutes in 42mm.
lennskii is offline  
Old 07-18-18, 04:02 PM
  #306  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lennskii
Keep the EvoMax bars for now - you'll get use to them and the extra leverage is super delightful on the rougher stuff. Even on a normal road bike, unless you're a club racer type, that 12 degree of flare is super comfy and the shallower drop means I spend a lot more time in the drops on rougher descents (either on road or singletrack) which gives you a lot more grip and brake feel vs. on the hoods. On a 'normal' road handlebar, the drop (even on compacts) can be too low and pitched for regular use. I know plenty of non-racer road types who have replaced their bars with the EvoMax's.

I would only get the Bon Jon's if you're strictly sticking to road and light gravel. The sidewalls and even the centre tread on those things although are buttery, are fragile (even on the standard casing). I would go the Panaracer Gravel King Slicks in the 38mm, which has a thin layer of puncture protection and decent sidewalls (and are half the price vs. Bon Jon's). Though I agree with the man Jan Heine that knobs aren't needed for the majority of gravel riding (and actually degrade cornering performance on anything other than bigger than pea-sized gravel or mud). Big slicks at low pressure is plenty of grip. Knobs only needed when it can actually bite into something (soft loam, mud etc).

I regularly take the Renegade onto some proper "green" singletrack - for that I have a 2nd wheelset with the biggest tyres I could fit in - WTB Resolutes in 42mm.
Thanks for the tip! One really can get lost trying to find the right tires.
Dokterrock is offline  
Old 07-28-18, 09:49 PM
  #307  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's say I'd like a little easier gearing on my Expat, like a 46/30. Can I just swap out the chainrings or do I need to do the whole crankset? FSA Gossamer only goes down to a 48/32. Looks like FSA has one called the Omega that's just a little less expensive than the Gossamer. Or am I better off with a wide-range cassette?

EDIT: Looks like a larger cassette is going to be the most cost effective. It's mentioned upthread but a Wolf Tooth Road Link is compatible with an 11-40 10-speed cassette. I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten away with an 11-42 on this particular bike.

Last edited by Dokterrock; 07-29-18 at 12:02 AM.
Dokterrock is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 06:43 PM
  #308  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dokterrock
Let's say I'd like a little easier gearing on my Expat, like a 46/30. Can I just swap out the chainrings or do I need to do the whole crankset? FSA Gossamer only goes down to a 48/32. Looks like FSA has one called the Omega that's just a little less expensive than the Gossamer. Or am I better off with a wide-range cassette?

EDIT: Looks like a larger cassette is going to be the most cost effective. It's mentioned upthread but a Wolf Tooth Road Link is compatible with an 11-40 10-speed cassette. I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten away with an 11-42 on this particular bike.
I am running 11 speed 11-42 on my Renegade. But I didn't cut corners by using a roadlink. I had it set up with a Tanpan and 11 speed XT rear derailleur.

On a side note, I just picked up my Renegade from the shop for a repair. The front shifting wouldn't work at all while I was on tour. Threaded a new cable, but that only helped for a few miles before it stopped working again. Luckily it was stuck in the small chainring. The shop tried to warranty my R8020 shifters, but Shimano didn't have any in stock so they sent me Dura Ace R9120 (a whole pair! Even though only the right one was bad) instead! Was so stoked about this. The shop didn't even tell me til I went to go pick it up.
Danny01 is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 10:01 PM
  #309  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danny01
I am running 11 speed 11-42 on my Renegade. But I didn't cut corners by using a roadlink. I had it set up with a Tanpan and 11 speed XT rear derailleur.

On a side note, I just picked up my Renegade from the shop for a repair. The front shifting wouldn't work at all while I was on tour. Threaded a new cable, but that only helped for a few miles before it stopped working again. Luckily it was stuck in the small chainring. The shop tried to warranty my R8020 shifters, but Shimano didn't have any in stock so they sent me Dura Ace R9120 (a whole pair! Even though only the right one was bad) instead! Was so stoked about this. The shop didn't even tell me til I went to go pick it up.
Ha - that's rad! Win!
lennskii is offline  
Old 07-31-18, 10:09 PM
  #310  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dokterrock
Let's say I'd like a little easier gearing on my Expat, like a 46/30. Can I just swap out the chainrings or do I need to do the whole crankset? FSA Gossamer only goes down to a 48/32. Looks like FSA has one called the Omega that's just a little less expensive than the Gossamer. Or am I better off with a wide-range cassette?

EDIT: Looks like a larger cassette is going to be the most cost effective. It's mentioned upthread but a Wolf Tooth Road Link is compatible with an 11-40 10-speed cassette. I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten away with an 11-42 on this particular bike.
I'm also running a 11-42t on my Renegade, but with a Wolftooth Tanpan and XT derailleur. WT advice that an 11-40 is a max for the 105/Ultegra med-cage rear derailleurs.

If you want lower gears I'd suggest 1x as I've done above. If you definitely want to stick with 2x (say, you use the Renegade with 28mm slick tyres and ride in a peloton), then a 46/30 is your best bet. The cost of 50/34 with a 11-40 + roadlink is about 75% of the way to the cost of a cheap 30/46 crankset or a 1x10 conversion.
lennskii is offline  
Old 08-12-18, 08:40 AM
  #311  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,532
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I am going to look at a 51cm 2018 expat today. I am used to riding low to mid-range sport road bikes (steel) from the 80s and love them. I am wondering how this compares? I know the sport models where not race machines nor were they as slack as touring bikes. My understanding is this fits in that catagory as well. I live in the city and will mostly be doing city, rail trail type rides but expect to find some gravel roads etc on the weekends when i have time.

Is this bike a lively comparison to somthing like that or would it feel slow and sluggish like pushing the couch around on the beach? I suppose i wont know until i ride it. I am not a fast rider at all but typically go as hard as a i can...which feels fast . If i ride with others which is rare....i am always off the back wondering how the heck i am so slow. I ride about 1500 miles a year here in the midwest when i find the time. As i get older i dont much care about how fast i am but i do like a lively ride.

I can see myself outfitting this type of bike with fully fenders and probably rack eventually.
scale is offline  
Old 08-13-18, 06:31 PM
  #312  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,532
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
well.....i rode it. It didnt blow my skirt up....but it wasnt bad at all. I am on the fence on it. My rim brakes stopped better than the discs and it did seem a bit slower than i am used to. I just dont know how much i would use it. Grr......i wanted to love it but between my SS being fast and my mid 80s mtb i built up as a simple touring bike.....i just dont know. It felt alot like my MTB touring build. Can you run 32c slicks on these riims? That might get me a bit more excited. My 80s road bikes have a lot more life in them than this guy does stock but i think once i got the fit dialed in it could be fantastic.
scale is offline  
Old 08-14-18, 07:13 AM
  #313  
Senior Member
 
shoota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 8,123
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 686 Times in 465 Posts
Originally Posted by scale
I am going to look at a 51cm 2018 expat today. I am used to riding low to mid-range sport road bikes (steel) from the 80s and love them. I am wondering how this compares? I know the sport models where not race machines nor were they as slack as touring bikes. My understanding is this fits in that catagory as well. I live in the city and will mostly be doing city, rail trail type rides but expect to find some gravel roads etc on the weekends when i have time.

Is this bike a lively comparison to somthing like that or would it feel slow and sluggish like pushing the couch around on the beach? I suppose i wont know until i ride it. I am not a fast rider at all but typically go as hard as a i can...which feels fast . If i ride with others which is rare....i am always off the back wondering how the heck i am so slow. I ride about 1500 miles a year here in the midwest when i find the time. As i get older i dont much care about how fast i am but i do like a lively ride.

I can see myself outfitting this type of bike with fully fenders and probably rack eventually.
Originally Posted by scale
well.....i rode it. It didnt blow my skirt up....but it wasnt bad at all. I am on the fence on it. My rim brakes stopped better than the discs and it did seem a bit slower than i am used to. I just dont know how much i would use it. Grr......i wanted to love it but between my SS being fast and my mid 80s mtb i built up as a simple touring bike.....i just dont know. It felt alot like my MTB touring build. Can you run 32c slicks on these riims? That might get me a bit more excited. My 80s road bikes have a lot more life in them than this guy does stock but i think once i got the fit dialed in it could be fantastic.
I think you answered your own question but the lower end Renegades aren't what I would call "lively." They aren't slugs but they aren't CX or Road bikes either.
__________________
2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2
2019 Salsa Warbird
shoota is offline  
Old 08-14-18, 05:15 PM
  #314  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,532
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
I think you answered your own question but the lower end Renegades aren't what I would call "lively." They aren't slugs but they aren't CX or Road bikes either.
yeah i wanted to love it but it just didnt do much for me. Really nice looking bike. I might have to try a cx bke and see how that is. If one of these turned up used in my size i probably wouldnt say no......but i am having a hard time justifying it new.
scale is offline  
Old 08-15-18, 06:52 AM
  #315  
Senior Member
 
shoota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 8,123
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 686 Times in 465 Posts
Originally Posted by scale
yeah i wanted to love it but it just didnt do much for me. Really nice looking bike. I might have to try a cx bke and see how that is. If one of these turned up used in my size i probably wouldnt say no......but i am having a hard time justifying it new.
I went to a true CX bike for that very reason, I like a lively bike too.
__________________
2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2
2019 Salsa Warbird
shoota is offline  
Old 08-23-18, 05:18 AM
  #316  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Was talking to the manager of one of my two local Jamis dealers last night and asked what he knew about the 2019s. He said that 1x models are on the way and that they are also releasing a new model (won't be called "Renegade") which is basically just a Renegade with a flat bar. They will start out with just one version of this and will add more if it sells well.
jfoobar is offline  
Old 08-25-18, 03:46 PM
  #317  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lennskii
I'm also running a 11-42t on my Renegade, but with a Wolftooth Tanpan and XT derailleur. WT advice that an 11-40 is a max for the 105/Ultegra med-cage rear derailleurs.

If you want lower gears I'd suggest 1x as I've done above. If you definitely want to stick with 2x (say, you use the Renegade with 28mm slick tyres and ride in a peloton), then a 46/30 is your best bet. The cost of 50/34 with a 11-40 + roadlink is about 75% of the way to the cost of a cheap 30/46 crankset or a 1x10 conversion.
For anyone interested in doing this, the Renegade Expat with Tiagra 4700 is not compatible with the Wolftooth Tanpan as per Wolftooth's websites and Google results.

There may be a solution involving setting the RD tension to the "high" setting, but I have not done that yet.

I'd post links but I still don't have enough posts.
Dokterrock is offline  
Old 09-21-18, 01:38 AM
  #318  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 models are up on their website. pretty early this year. the elite now comes with a clutch RX derailleur. the steel models seem to have kept the same paint schemes, but the 631 models went SRAM 1x. pretty significant price hike on the Escapade. interesting...
Danny01 is offline  
Old 09-21-18, 06:13 AM
  #319  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 311

Bikes: Trek 3500, Jamis Renegade Escapade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
IMHO they pretty much ruined Escapade and Exploit, especially Escapade. Change in components to SRAM 1x Hydro from Ultegra/105 I see as significant downgrade which also converted universal "any road" bikes to pure off-road machines - highest gear of Escapade is now 38x11 which makes it completely useless on the paved road. At least in case of Exploit price became lower but it went up for the Escapade! Crazy! I'm so glad I already got my Escapade!

I'd rather see Escapade as it was for 2018 but with sub-compact double 46/30T - this would have made it better on gravel and dirt while still maintaining a useful range with tight gear spacing for paved roads.
Oso Polar is offline  
Old 09-21-18, 06:36 AM
  #320  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Oso Polar
IMHO they pretty much ruined Escapade and Exploit, especially Escapade. Change in components to SRAM 1x Hydro from Ultegra/105 I see as significant downgrade which also converted universal "any road" bikes to pure off-road machines - highest gear of Escapade is now 38x11 which makes it completely useless on the paved road. At least in case of Exploit price became lower but it went up for the Escapade! Crazy! I'm so glad I already got my Escapade!

I'd rather see Escapade as it was for 2018 but with sub-compact double 46/30T - this would have made it better on gravel and dirt while still maintaining a useful range with tight gear spacing for paved roads.
I fully agree. The only change I will make to my Exploit is replacing my rear cassette with 11-40 and my rear derailleur to long cage new 105 7000 to make it work. Maybe I will also need to chagne the chain but when finished I will have great gear capacity both on the low and high end of the spectrum.
sweetspot is offline  
Old 09-21-18, 04:53 PM
  #321  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sweetspot
I fully agree. The only change I will make to my Exploit is replacing my rear cassette with 11-40 and my rear derailleur to long cage new 105 7000 to make it work. Maybe I will also need to chagne the chain but when finished I will have great gear capacity both on the low and high end of the spectrum.
If you're going to replace the rear derailleur, might as well do it proper and get a Wolftooth components Tanpan and an SLX rear derailleur. Cost will be the same as a 105 R7000 GS and Roadlink.
Danny01 is offline  
Old 09-21-18, 07:42 PM
  #322  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
At least they were wise enough to change nothing substantial about the Expat other than the paint job. It was a great buy last year and it will be a great buy this year also.

I can certainly see them offering one 631 model in 1x, but am surprised to see them do it with both. That seems like an iffy decision.
jfoobar is offline  
Old 09-23-18, 11:10 PM
  #323  
"steel is real"
 
PDLandis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wrightsville, PA
Posts: 26

Bikes: Jamis Renegade Exploit, Specialized Rockhopper Expert, Custom USA Cannondale 1x8 Frankenbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2018 Jamis Renegade Exploit. Bought Feb. 2018. I have about 2,000 miles on it. I changed OEM tires, replaced rear bearings and top headset bearing. I ride the bike very hard and Iím 200+. The ride of the steel frame is great over rough terrain. I upgraded the FD to Ultegra after stripping threads on the cable clamp on the OEM 105. Could have bought part, but I just upgraded instead. The Shimano discs seem really good. Shifting is effortless. Headset bearings not up to par IMO. I like the bike.
PDLandis is offline  
Old 11-05-18, 12:23 AM
  #324  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
New owner here. I just got a 2018 Jamis Renegade Escapade (Ultegra) on clearance, went for a ride to day, and it was fantastic, but it feels like there is no cushion in the handlebar tape at all, my hands got a bit numb after an hour. I am coming off a 3T Ergonova with a gel pad, so I was expecting something more round and less cushy, but it just seems over the top hard. The website says " Fizik Microtex Superlight Soft Touch with gel inserts" I am seeing the tape, but not feeling any gel inserts in there. Are there supposed to be actual gel pads underneath the tape that I need to check with the store if they forgot to put in? Also, how good are these inserts, are they supposed to be Fizik brand ones as well, or just some generic ones?
bigredgrad01 is offline  
Old 11-06-18, 07:07 AM
  #325  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With snow forecast for later this week here in Michigan and the salty roads that come with it, I'm looking at buying a Wahoo KICKR CORE smart trainer during this month's sales so I can get my Zwift on. My 2018 Renegade Escapade appears to be compatible. What trainers have you used with your Renegades?
Sakriv is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.