Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Key e-bike fairs/exhibitions in Europe?

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Key e-bike fairs/exhibitions in Europe?

Old 01-10-20, 10:45 AM
  #1  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Arrow Key e-bike fairs/exhibitions in Europe?

Hello community!

What are the key e-bike fairs/exhibitions in Europe?
Would prefer France, Italy, Switzerland, but can also get to other places.
Interested to see new arrivals, emerging trends, meet companies, etc.
Any hints and experiences would be appreciated!
iik is offline  
Old 01-22-20, 05:41 AM
  #2  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
This one seems to be a good one:

Eurobike, Sept 2 -5, 2020, Friedrichshafen, Germany

Just on the border of Switzerland and Germany.
Answering to myself, but in case somebody is also interested
iik is offline  
Old 01-22-20, 09:56 AM
  #3  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 2,546
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 159 Posts
The US had an expo series that traveled throughout the country stopping at eight or so cities but seems to have disbanded. I went to one in San Diego and one in Long Beach in successive years, but apparently no more. Now, we have Sea Otter in April, CABDA in a few cities and a couple too far away to be accessible.
2old is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 08:50 AM
  #4  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thank you @2old! Not sure why there are not many (hardly any, in fact) e-bike related fairs/exhibitions so far...
Maybe they are just part of bike shows?
Or maybe they are yet to come, as the market develops?
iik is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 10:02 AM
  #5  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 2,546
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 159 Posts
The main "e-only" expos in the US were sponsored by Bosch and had 25 or so booths mostly supported by different e-bike companies, each with a plethora of bikes to test ride on a track set up by the organizers. The track had ramps and a couple of off road type features to give some idea of how the bike would respond. Seemed to be a well-funded exhibition, but only lasted two years. Something wasn't working, either the size or demographics of the "crowd". They were held Friday-Sunday and I attended on Friday when the attendance was lower.
2old is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 10:11 AM
  #6  
Nightdiver
On yer bike
 
Nightdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: will.i.amette
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iik View Post
Thank you [MENTION=380660]
Maybe they are just part of bike shows?
This is exactly it, especially in Europe where the bike market now completely revolves around electric. So of course Eurobike is the single largest and most influential one, but there are dozens of smaller shows in Europe that will all feature mostly ebikes. Of course there are also some that are more of fairs/exhibitions rather than shows that happen and I think there are a few series that have a few scheduled in various cities around Europe. One thing that you'll need to check beforehand is whether the public is allowed admittance as some of these will be trade shows only for retailers/distributors. Others such as Eurobike are primarily for trade, but also allow the public on one or two of the last days.
Nightdiver is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 10:38 AM
  #7  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightdiver View Post
This is exactly it, especially in Europe where the bike market now completely revolves around electric. So of course Eurobike is the single largest and most influential one, but there are dozens of smaller shows in Europe that will all feature mostly ebikes. Of course there are also some that are more of fairs/exhibitions rather than shows that happen and I think there are a few series that have a few scheduled in various cities around Europe. One thing that you'll need to check beforehand is whether the public is allowed admittance as some of these will be trade shows only for retailers/distributors. Others such as Eurobike are primarily for trade, but also allow the public on one or two of the last days.
Ok, this makes sense Nightdiver ! Will keep looking for the smaller ones, and where the public is allowed.
Did not know that most European bike fairs/exhibitions are already around electric.
iik is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 10:41 AM
  #8  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old View Post
The main "e-only" expos in the US were sponsored by Bosch and had 25 or so booths mostly supported by different e-bike companies, each with a plethora of bikes to test ride on a track set up by the organizers. The track had ramps and a couple of off road type features to give some idea of how the bike would respond. Seemed to be a well-funded exhibition, but only lasted two years. Something wasn't working, either the size or demographics of the "crowd". They were held Friday-Sunday and I attended on Friday when the attendance was lower.
I would imagine that this could come back some time soon 2old , as Bosch is only one vendor and the critical mass of e-bike vendors is building up.
So, would say that this is only a matter of time.
iik is offline  
Old 01-23-20, 10:55 AM
  #9  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 2,546
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by iik View Post
I would imagine that this could come back some time soon 2old , as Bosch is only one vendor and the critical mass of e-bike vendors is building up.
So, would say that this is only a matter of time.
Good point; maybe just a temporary hiatus while support builds. The biggest deterrence in my area is the supervisor of local parks has prohibited e-bikes from them (although it's policed in only a few), so the shops are stuck with selling e-bikes for the bike paths (and some of those have signs prohibiting their use) or street use. There is a very vocal community of "e-haters" in my area, some apparently (on the forums) hating with religious fervor to the point one would think they were talking about pedophiles (IMO).
2old is offline  
Likes For 2old:
Old 01-24-20, 05:20 AM
  #10  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old View Post
Good point; maybe just a temporary hiatus while support builds.
I am almost certain that this is the case 2old . This is normally how markets work
iik is offline  
Likes For iik:
Old 01-24-20, 05:25 AM
  #11  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old View Post
The biggest deterrence in my area is the supervisor of local parks has prohibited e-bikes from them (although it's policed in only a few), so the shops are stuck with selling e-bikes for the bike paths (and some of those have signs prohibiting their use) or street use. There is a very vocal community of "e-haters" in my area, some apparently (on the forums) hating with religious fervor to the point one would think they were talking about pedophiles (IMO).
This is unfortunate to hear. And there is certainly public debate going in many places. And there does not seem to be easy solutions yet, as e-bikes and other e-machines bring changes to how people move around.
Here is just one example of such a debate. For Germany, in this case.
iik is offline  
Likes For iik:
Old 01-24-20, 09:55 AM
  #12  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 2,546
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 159 Posts
We get the same crap about "earning" the hill. Americans seem to have the trait of not enjoying seeing somebody else having fun.

Last edited by 2old; 01-29-20 at 01:49 PM.
2old is offline  
Old 01-29-20, 12:27 PM
  #13  
tegnamo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The eBikeChallenge in Minneapolis last weekend of March is entertaining and cheap to attend. You get to ride as many different eBikes as you want on an indoor test track. So...not really realistic but it's a nice way to try a lot of stuff. Plus, lots of things on sale.

Eurobike is amazing. I've been twice.
tegnamo is offline  
Old 01-31-20, 06:16 AM
  #14  
iik
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
iik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tegnamo View Post
Eurobike is amazing. I've been twice.
Thank you for sharing tegnamo ! Put a reminder in my calendar. Still, long time away though - in September.
I imagine, there will be multiple smaller ones during late spring and summer.
iik is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright İ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.