Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Old 01-07-22, 01:20 AM
  #1  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thumbs up Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Riding an e-bike can not only enjoy the scenery along the way, but also have more free time. In addition, riding an e-bike has many other benefits.


1. Reduce household carbon emissions. If you ride an e-bike to work instead of driving a car, your family's carbon emissions can be reduced by at least six percent.


2. Reduce traffic congestion. E-bikes are small in size, which reduces the probability of congestion. And can reduce commuting time.


3. Help stay healthy. Riding an e-bike allows your body to get exercise, thereby maintaining a healthy state.


4. Reduce space occupation. The parking space for one car is enough to put several e-bikes. If more and more people ride e-bikes, the parking lot area will be greatly reduced.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Likes For AOSTIRMOTOR:
Old 01-11-22, 04:44 PM
  #2  
Enkidu1
Junior Member
 
Enkidu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 8

Bikes: Bike Friday New World Tourist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am building one mainly to give me an excuse to get out more. And I plan on using it to go to the local supermarket when I need to get that one thing I forgot to buy.
Enkidu1 is offline  
Likes For Enkidu1:
Old 01-11-22, 05:25 PM
  #3  
fooferdoggie 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,520
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 310 Posts
my body does not work right but my e bike lets me ride even when my energy is low. with a regular bike I would be lucky to average 12 miles a hour when feeling crappy. Now I can keep it at 20. when you commute 20 miles a day it makes a difference.
fooferdoggie is online now  
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-12-22, 06:59 PM
  #4  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Enkidu1 View Post
I am building one mainly to give me an excuse to get out more. And I plan on using it to go to the local supermarket when I need to get that one thing I forgot to buy.
Thank you very much for your reply. That's right, buying an e-bike will make you want to exercise more. So, this is a good choice.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-12-22, 07:05 PM
  #5  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
my body does not work right but my e bike lets me ride even when my energy is low. with a regular bike I would be lucky to average 12 miles a hour when feeling crappy. Now I can keep it at 20. when you commute 20 miles a day it makes a difference.
Thank you very much for your reply. E-bikes are always able to maintain your physical strength and allow you to ride farther than regular bikes. Therefore, electric bicycles are a wise choice for you.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Likes For AOSTIRMOTOR:
Old 01-12-22, 09:33 PM
  #6  
fooferdoggie 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,520
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 310 Posts
Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
Thank you very much for your reply. E-bikes are always able to maintain your physical strength and allow you to ride farther than regular bikes. Therefore, electric bicycles are a wise choice for you.
I chose a mid drive because one test r
I test rode a hub drive and it was like being back on my electric scooter. so mid drive all the way. I was able to spin without much effort on turbo and rode 8 miles for the first time in 8 years. then did my 20 mile commute the next day. took me 3 months before I could put any effort into it. it has a watt meter so I can see how my energy levels are. since I ride mostly in the city heart rate and speed are not real practical with al the stop and go. even though lately Cant average more then 160 watts I can still ride 250 miles on a good week.
fooferdoggie is online now  
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-13-22, 02:49 AM
  #7  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
I chose a mid drive because one test r
I test rode a hub drive and it was like being back on my electric scooter. so mid drive all the way. I was able to spin without much effort on turbo and rode 8 miles for the first time in 8 years. then did my 20 mile commute the next day. took me 3 months before I could put any effort into it. it has a watt meter so I can see how my energy levels are. since I ride mostly in the city heart rate and speed are not real practical with al the stop and go. even though lately Cant average more then 160 watts I can still ride 250 miles on a good week.
Thank you very much for your reply. Wow, 250 miles is a respectable number in a week.And glad you could share this data with me.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-14-22, 03:20 PM
  #8  
tds101 
Wake up!!!
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mastic Beach, NY
Posts: 3,508

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 217 Posts
I'm 54, I've had breathing issues since 2020 after having Covid, and I'm out of shape. I just ordered a Qualisports Dolphin, so I can get some motor assist to start riding again. Unfortunately, I need all the help I can get.
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:
Old 01-14-22, 11:11 PM
  #9  
surveyor6
Senior Member
 
surveyor6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Houston area
Posts: 246

Bikes: 1961 Higgins Flightliner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 69 Posts
I am over 60 and I get knee pain during climbing and acceleration on longer rides.
A good e-bike is cheaper than knee replacement surgery.
surveyor6 is offline  
Likes For surveyor6:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.