Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Earn $150 for 60 Minutes Sharing your Opinions on E-Bikes

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Earn $150 for 60 Minutes Sharing your Opinions on E-Bikes

Old 05-09-22, 07:09 PM
  #1  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Lightbulb Earn $150 for 60 Minutes Sharing your Opinions on E-Bikes

Hello everyone,

My company is working on behalf of an automotive manufacturer to learn more about the use of e-bikes - how people get around, commute, and use their bikes for recreation.
As part of that research, we are conducting online focus groups with qualifying participants.
The session will last 60 minutes, and we will pay candidates $150 for participating.
I have received permission to post regarding this research from the forum owner/administrator.

I will be posting a link to the screener survey shortly, after I have a sufficient number of posts in this forum.

Best,
Michelle Tunney
Curiosity Research
CuriosityCX is offline  
Likes For CuriosityCX:
Old 05-09-22, 08:59 PM
  #2  
fooferdoggie 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 572 Times in 344 Posts
150.00 seems pretty high Why am I doubting this?
fooferdoggie is offline  
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 05-09-22, 10:04 PM
  #3  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked 1,083 Times in 702 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
150.00 seems pretty high Why am I doubting this?
Because your spidey senses don't lie
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 05-09-22 at 10:09 PM.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Likes For Siu Blue Wind:
Old 05-09-22, 10:08 PM
  #4  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked 1,083 Times in 702 Posts
Originally Posted by CuriosityCX View Post
Hello everyone,

My company is working on behalf of an automotive manufacturer to learn more about the use of e-bikes - how people get around, commute, and use their bikes for recreation.
As part of that research, we are conducting online focus groups with qualifying participants.
The session will last 60 minutes, and we will pay candidates $150 for participating.
I have received permission to post regarding this research from the forum owner/administrator.

I will be posting a link to the screener survey shortly, after I have a sufficient number of posts in this forum.

Best,
Michelle Tunney
Curiosity Research
CuriosityCX Michelle.. who gave you permission? What is the name of the person please?
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 07:42 AM
  #5  
fooferdoggie 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 572 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
Because your spidey senses don't lie
pretty much figured that.
fooferdoggie is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 08:02 AM
  #6  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 1,505

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 222 Posts
I live & commute in NYC metro area.
Plenty of opinion, product, prototype, behavior, food research goes on that pay well for people who can clearly express their thoughts without bias.
There are researches that pay $500 (or more) per 3 hour sessions that I've participated.
Data collection is not cheap when you want quality data from the masses.
If your opinion helps to develop a better product and determine the future of ebike usage, I think it's not unreasonable for get paid $150 for an hour of your time.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 08:07 AM
  #7  
Daniel4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,025

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1234 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 278 Posts
Is this automobile manufacturer planning to phase out of automobiles and into bicycles?

Is this automobile manufacturer planning to make their cars survivable for cyclists in the event of a collision?
Daniel4 is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 09:31 AM
  #8  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 3,497
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 373 Posts
If they ask for your SS # in order to pay the money, watch out. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we hear about this. I had the same type of "opportunity" with my car years ago.
2old is offline  
Likes For 2old:
Old 05-10-22, 12:45 PM
  #9  
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 116 Posts
Sorry, yes! This was my doing. I spoke via email. This is legit.
IBJoel is offline  
Likes For IBJoel:
Old 05-10-22, 08:07 PM
  #10  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
CuriosityCX Michelle.. who gave you permission? What is the name of the person please?
IBJoel gave me permission. He confirms that in a post down-thread.
CuriosityCX is offline  
Likes For CuriosityCX:
Old 05-10-22, 08:11 PM
  #11  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4 View Post
Is this automobile manufacturer planning to phase out of automobiles and into bicycles?

Is this automobile manufacturer planning to make their cars survivable for cyclists in the event of a collision?
The automaker is not planning to phase out automobiles, but is wanting to better understand alternative mobility solutions.
The automaker has recently included standard features to detect cyclists as they approach the vehicles from any direction. Crash avoidance then engages to reduce the likelihood of collision.
CuriosityCX is offline  
Likes For CuriosityCX:
Old 05-10-22, 08:12 PM
  #12  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old View Post
If they ask for your SS # in order to pay the money, watch out. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we hear about this. I had the same type of "opportunity" with my car years ago.
We definitely do not want anyone's social security number, nor any other personal identifying information, aside from an email address from anyone who chooses to participate.
This is requested so we can provide the Zoom link for participation, and deliver the Amazon gift card code following the group.
CuriosityCX is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 08:34 PM
  #13  
CCSFLA
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interest in participating in the study

Originally Posted by CuriosityCX View Post
We definitely do not want anyone's social security number, nor any other personal identifying information, aside from an email address from anyone who chooses to participate.
This is requested so we can provide the Zoom link for participation, and deliver the Amazon gift card code following the group.
I am interested in participating!
send me a email!

carlos-c-santos@hotmail.com
CCSFLA is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 08:38 PM
  #14  
CCSFLA
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am interested in participating in this study!
Send me an email in more detail!

carlos-c-santos@hotmail.com
CCSFLA is offline  
Old 05-10-22, 09:58 PM
  #15  
NYCycleCommuter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Interested in participating too.
NYCycleCommuter is offline  
Likes For NYCycleCommuter:
Old 05-11-22, 09:42 AM
  #16  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NYCycleCommuter View Post
Interested in participating too.
Thank you for your interest. I am not able to post the link in this forum until I have a minimum number of posts. I am also unable to privately message any forum member until that minimum number is met.
IBJoel indicated he would share the information in this thread, so please stay tuned!
CuriosityCX is offline  
Old 05-11-22, 10:48 AM
  #17  
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 116 Posts
Please join Curiosity Research in an online group discussion on commuting and usage of micro mobility devices (including e-bikes and e-scooters). If you qualify, you will receive $150 for 60 minutes of your time for participating in an online group discussion in the upcoming weeks. We are not selling anything and have been vetted by the discussion board owners/admin. See if you qualify by taking this brief survey.

https://aytm.com/rhJYltA

We do have very limited seats, so we will honor registrations on a first come, first served basis. We do not retain or sell your information as we are strictly a research firm. Learn about others’ experiences with Curiosity Research here> https://curiositycx.com/join-our-panel/
IBJoel is offline  
Likes For IBJoel:
Old 05-11-22, 05:30 PM
  #18  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Great, thanks! IBJoel has posted the link to the screener survey just above in this thread. Please complete that survey to see if you qualify.
CuriosityCX is offline  
Likes For CuriosityCX:
Old 05-12-22, 09:30 AM
  #19  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked 1,083 Times in 702 Posts
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Sorry, yes! This was my doing. I spoke via email. This is legit.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by CuriosityCX View Post
IBJoel gave me permission. He confirms that in a post down-thread.
Thank you. When you get the chance, please go over the guidelines that you agreed to when you registered here. Please don't spam the site with repetitive posts of the same thing.
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  
Old 05-12-22, 11:10 AM
  #20  
CuriosityCX
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
Thank you.

Thank you. When you get the chance, please go over the guidelines that you agreed to when you registered here. Please don't spam the site with repetitive posts of the same thing.
I've only posted this one thread, and I have no intention of posting additional threads on this topic.
CuriosityCX is offline  
Old 05-12-22, 08:11 PM
  #21  
kahn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: northWET washington
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 377 Posts
I think I flunked because I do not commute to work or school using an e-bike!
kahn is offline  
Likes For kahn:
Old 05-12-22, 11:45 PM
  #22  
Ivan Ye
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Currently Shenzhen China
Posts: 4

Bikes: Merida, and I wish I can have a Specialized bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
En.....It seems an very interesting research.
I work with some e-bike manufacturers, I provide them accessories. I know they will do some survery before they launch new products.
But I wonder how this survery carry on!
Ivan Ye is offline  
Old 05-14-22, 03:47 PM
  #23  
Siu Blue Wind
Homey
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked 1,083 Times in 702 Posts
Originally Posted by CuriosityCX View Post
I've only posted this one thread, and I have no intention of posting additional threads on this topic.
Thank you. I deleted four posts like this in this thread.

"We are interesting in talking with people who use e-bikes and/or e-scooters to get around.
We are not selling anything.
We do not retain your information or sell it to anyone else at any time for any reason."
__________________
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.