Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Front light

Old 11-16-20, 09:22 AM
  #26  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,176

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 495 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7014 Post(s)
Liked 1,764 Times in 1,099 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
Ditto. And for a "be seen" light, I prefer a standard beam rather than a cut-off. I want cars to see me from a long distance. Although I don't run it at the highest setting, which (on one of my lights) is 1300 lumens
Have you tested this? I think a beam with a cutoff does not reduce your visibility. I usually use a shaped beam with a cutoff, and I get compliments on the clarity. I think I get this because it surprises people how they can see me from a distance without the light shining in their eyes. The beam is just under their eyes, and that probably contributes to the good job it does.
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Likes For noglider:
Old 11-16-20, 11:05 AM
  #27  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider View Post
Have you tested this? I think a beam with a cutoff does not reduce your visibility. I usually use a shaped beam with a cutoff, and I get compliments on the clarity. I think I get this because it surprises people how they can see me from a distance without the light shining in their eyes. The beam is just under their eyes, and that probably contributes to the good job it does.
Exactly. Imagine if cars didn't have cut-off beams.
CargoDane is offline  
Likes For CargoDane:
Old 11-16-20, 11:24 AM
  #28  
Koyote
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5,625
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5293 Post(s)
Liked 7,874 Times in 3,413 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
Ditto. And for a "be seen" light, I prefer a standard beam rather than a cut-off. I want cars to see me from a long distance. Although I don't run it at the highest setting, which (on one of my lights) is 1300 lumens
Originally Posted by noglider View Post
Have you tested this? I think a beam with a cutoff does not reduce your visibility. I usually use a shaped beam with a cutoff, and I get compliments on the clarity. I think I get this because it surprises people how they can see me from a distance without the light shining in their eyes. The beam is just under their eyes, and that probably contributes to the good job it does.
Interesting. You might be correct. You're running dyno lights, right? I guess I just haven't come across many rechargeable headlights that have a cutoff beam. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by CargoDane View Post
Exactly. Imagine if cars didn't have cut-off beams.
Well, in my defense, I did mention that I don't run it anywhere near the brightest setting.
Koyote is online now  
Old 11-16-20, 11:31 AM
  #29  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote View Post

Well, in my defense, I did mention that I don't run it anywhere near the brightest setting.
Doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be superbright to be blinding if it's aimed at someone.

Edit: Go to:
Bike-components.de/en
Bike-discount.de /en
Bike24.com

.. and take a look at their battery lights. Pick "STVZO" or "approved for Germany" and you will see loads of cut-off lights (and tail lights).
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 12:06 PM
  #30  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,176

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 495 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7014 Post(s)
Liked 1,764 Times in 1,099 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
Interesting. You might be correct. You're running dyno lights, right? I guess I just haven't come across many rechargeable headlights that have a cutoff beam. Any ideas?
You're right that there are very few rechargeable lights with cutoff beams. I believe they are plentiful in the European market but not in the UK, US, or Canada.

I have several bikes, some with dynamo lights (all with cutoff beams) and some with battery lights. Through a recommendation here on bikeforums, I found the Xanes SFL-01 light which is made in China and has a cutoff beam. It works extremely well and is very inexpensive. But it's cheaply made and of un-uniform quality. I've bought several units because they're so cheap, so that compensates for the inconsistent quality. Right now they are $8 on banggood, and the price varies a lot. It is sometimes available on Amazon for a slightly higher price. I do recommend the light, all things considered. Run time is long, and beam quality is excellent. I have no idea how many lumens it really puts out, but it's enough for me.

LINK
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 12:55 PM
  #31  
Koyote
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5,625
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5293 Post(s)
Liked 7,874 Times in 3,413 Posts
Originally Posted by CargoDane View Post
Doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be superbright to be blinding if it's aimed at someone.

Edit: Go to:
Bike-components.de/en
Bike-discount.de /en
Bike24.com

.. and take a look at their battery lights. Pick "STVZO" or "approved for Germany" and you will see loads of cut-off lights (and tail lights).
Originally Posted by noglider View Post
You're right that there are very few rechargeable lights with cutoff beams. I believe they are plentiful in the European market but not in the UK, US, or Canada.

I have several bikes, some with dynamo lights (all with cutoff beams) and some with battery lights. Through a recommendation here on bikeforums, I found the Xanes SFL-01 light which is made in China and has a cutoff beam. It works extremely well and is very inexpensive. But it's cheaply made and of un-uniform quality. I've bought several units because they're so cheap, so that compensates for the inconsistent quality. Right now they are $8 on banggood, and the price varies a lot. It is sometimes available on Amazon for a slightly higher price. I do recommend the light, all things considered. Run time is long, and beam quality is excellent. I have no idea how many lumens it really puts out, but it's enough for me.

LINK
Thanks for the tips, guys. Will check them out.
Koyote is online now  
Old 11-16-20, 01:02 PM
  #32  
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold
 
noglider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 40,176

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 495 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7014 Post(s)
Liked 1,764 Times in 1,099 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
Thanks for the tips, guys. Will check them out.
Buy two or three since delivery time is slow and you might like a spare.
__________________
Tom Reingold, tom@noglider.com
New York City and High Falls, NY
Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
noglider is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 01:03 PM
  #33  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
No problem. For specific lights, I recommend BUMM (bumm.de) and their Ixon Core or Ixon Space, and Trelock (trelock.de) and their LS760. They both have other models, obviously, so your preference for mounts will matter too.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 02:59 PM
  #34  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Here's what I actually replied to:

"A beam cut-off is a must in urban environment and on roads used by other people in my opinion... it seems that few people care that their 1000lm high beam front lights are blinding oncoming traffic."
So, basically, because you (at least claim to) haven't had anyone flicking their lights at you, then your unshaped beam placed on your frigging helmet can't possibly be blinding other traffic. Okay, then.

Do you look when a car comes? Do you look both sides when you go through an intersection? Do you look to see when someone overtakes you or you overtake someone?

Last edited by CargoDane; 11-16-20 at 03:03 PM.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 03:30 PM
  #35  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
You need to work on your reading comprehension. Like, really work on it because it's pretty dismal at this point.

You can start here:

"I tilt my helmet light away from the opposing lane(s) but my very bright front light hasn't been an issue."

Let me know if you're still confused after reading that again and we'll try to get you the help that you need.

p.s. you get extra dbag points for insinuating that I'm somehow lying about my experience "because you (at least claim to)"
1) I know you say you tilt your head away. But I just don't believe that you do when you overtake, look before you cross an intersection and so on. Unless you have eyes where your ears are.
2) No, it's still nothing but a claim from you. And just because you haven't noticed you're blinding others, doesn't mean you're not doing it. Let me repeat: How can you both look away and look if there is traffic coming in, say, an intersection. Things just doesn't add up.
CargoDane is offline  
Likes For CargoDane:
Old 11-16-20, 04:23 PM
  #36  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Again: Just because you haven't noticed anyone flashing you doesn't mean you don't blind them. There are also other cyclists out there and even pedestrians.
I don't need to "try" to know you can't both turn your head to look at something while simultaneously turn your head away to not blind them.

I am not only talking about intersecting lanes, but actual intersections. But say there is an intersecting lane on your left with traffic on the road you are on (including traffic coming at you). It doesn't matter you keep repeating that I should mouth the claims you make. You can't both say you look away, while turning your head to look. And when confronted with that, you say you don't turn your head all the way.

So an intersecting lane on your left, you looking up it, and suddenly your helmet light is aimed directly at people coming in the opposite lane of people on the road you are on - and the rear view mirrors of people in your lane.

But, yeah, you "look away" and don't blind people.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat that I need to mouth what you say. Repetition and echoing what you say doesn't make it a reality.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:30 PM
  #37  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
. I, like many experienced riders, do intentionally "blind" drivers by spotlighting them with our helmet lights if they fail to notice us and begin moving into our path. It works like a charm.
You and your friends intentionally blind people. There is no need to put that in quotation marks. That IS what you're doing. And I bet you take much care not to blind others while you're moving your head to blind the person you think haven't reacted clearly enough to the presence of you and your friends. Aren't you just great.

I bet you and your friends also have lightbars on top of your trucks and always run with them on.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:35 PM
  #38  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Where have I ever claimed that I'm not blinding people? Answer: that's just something you made up. Which part of "I haven't had anyone flash me while running at full power on the road." do you find to be so confusing?
You used it as an argument to show that it wasn't blinding, adding that you "looked away" to not blind people. If it wasn't to show you didn't blind people, why on earth would you mention that you hadn't had anyone flashing you as a response to a post talking about cut-off beams so as to not blind people?


Yes, it's obvious that you don't get it. You can look at the traffic in intersecting lanes without pointing your helmet light at them. It's no big deal, despite your confusion about such a simple thing.
Dunning. Meet Kruger.
You're driving in a right side country. There is a road at your left. You turn your head to look up it. You don't turn it enough to point it up the side road. Where does the beam go? It goes up the road that YOU are on, blinding people coming at YOU on the road YOU are on.


I get that you're super confused by something that is so simple. I've tried to help you with your ignorance. Sadly, I haven't been successful.
You haven't been successful because you spout nonsense. Do I need to draw you a frigging cartoon before you get that having a helmet light will blind people? You don't even understand that pointing your helmet out on the road you are on because you look to the left will blind people coming at you.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:43 PM
  #39  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Yo, don't let facts get in the way of your drama queen routine. Making inattentive drivers, especially those who are about to right or left cross you, aware of your presence via a helmet light, is standard fare. It's super effective and practiced by many cyclists that aren't clueless.



You're confusing folks who use basic safety measures at night with "my friends." I don't know, let alone am I friendly with , those thousands and thousands of riders who understand how to use a helmet light to protect themselves from inattentive drivers.

Still 100% true:

I get that you're super confused by something that is so simple. I've tried to help you with your ignorance. Sadly, I haven't been successful.

(don't have truck, let alone a light bar, but don't let those facts get in the way of your fantasy)
Oh, you don't have a truck with a lightbar? Well, you certainly have the behaviour down pat.

But, yeah, blinding people is now a "safety measure". To hell with others or riding according to the environment. You have a right to blind others. I hope people in cars or on other bikes do the same to you and your friends one day, ruining your night vision while preventing you from seeing what else is happening around you.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:56 PM
  #40  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Your drama queen "blinding" routine is wholly of your own making.





Nope, wrong again. Decades of experience riding at night. Again, I get that you're confused and somehow offended by folks who use helmet lights, but that's your problem to work through, not mine.
LOL, you think I don't have decades of riding? Do you think you're the only one? You truly are full of yourself, thinking you have an innate right to blind others. I am not "offended" by people with helmet lights. I am pointing out you are making it more dangerous for everyone else.

What's funny is that you brought up DK, and your response here are a perfect example. Little, if any, experience with the subject at hand yet you just have all of the answers. "Answers" that are directly contradicted by decades of experience.
I don't think I brought up Denmark in this thread at all.

Secondly, because I live in a small country doesn't mean I haven't been travelling all over the world on a bicycle, and it doesn't mean I don't ride in the dark. Just how desperate do you have to be to make such a stupid argument? Are you effing kidding me?

It's really funny. In a laughing at the cargodane thing kind of way.
Ah, yes, the typical Dunning Kruger. Can't even get why it's not a good idea to blind other people - let alone people in 3-5000 lb steel missiles. But since you don't make a living in a small country, you somehow know better than anyone else how it's absolutely great to blind people to make sure your journey is not impeded one bit. To hell with others.

Let me repeat: Why do you think cars have cut-off beams and you are not allowed to use the high beams constantly? Could it possibly be because blinding others is not a good thing? That it is actually dangerous?
But, somehow, YOU are exempt. You should be allowed to blind anyone you like, all so you won't be inconvenienced in the slightest.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 04:59 PM
  #41  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Your whining continues to be funny.

One day, maybe, hopefully, you'll gain some applicable experience. Until then, you'll just have to continue to wallow in your ignorance.

And whine.
Sorry. I forgot you have an innate right to blind others.
It's funny rereading you posts. You sure have changed your tune. Now it's your right to blind others - because you don't live in a small country where it is apparently never dark, nor can anyone living in said country travel anywhere with or on their bikes. No, you live in a BIIG country, so therefore you must be right.
Desperate little you.
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:14 PM
  #42  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 32,694

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 458 Posts
Four Single Led's. They can also Strobe at that Brightness.
When riding I only use One on The Low Setting
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"

10 Wheels is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:16 PM
  #43  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Sheesh!
I hope you don't set it to strobe at night!
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:19 PM
  #44  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Btw, Fred, I always thought you were riding a recumbent in that avatar of yours (can't click it bigger). Is that true? It's difficult to do a search on "Expedition 2010" and "03 GTO".
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:24 PM
  #45  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 32,694

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 458 Posts
Originally Posted by CargoDane View Post
Btw, Fred, I always thought you were riding a recumbent in that avatar of yours (can't click it bigger). Is that true? It's difficult to do a search on "Expedition 2010" and "03 GTO".
Pic is of my Night Trike. Not able to run all the lights at once as It stopped Traffic Five Times, both Directions.

2002 GTO Greenspeed
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"

10 Wheels is offline  
Likes For 10 Wheels:
Old 11-16-20, 05:29 PM
  #46  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
Pic is of my Night Trike. Not able to run all the lights at once as It stopped Traffic Five Times, both Directions.

2002 GTO Greenspeed
Wow! That looks perfect! Very, very cool!
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:31 PM
  #47  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 32,694

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 458 Posts
Cat Trike Expedition

Day rider
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"

10 Wheels is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:33 PM
  #48  
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas
 
10 Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In The Wind
Posts: 32,694

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 458 Posts
Tail Lights on Day Rider
__________________
Fred "The Real Fred"

10 Wheels is offline  
Likes For 10 Wheels:
Old 11-16-20, 05:44 PM
  #49  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by HD3andMe View Post
Nah, I didn't change my tune at all, just gave you an example of a technique that is used by many competent cyclists all over the world. And now you're building all kinds of straw men.
You began by saying you turned your head away so as to not blind people. Now it's your innate right to blind people. That is "changing your tune".

People who do that are not "competent". They are selfish people who will endanger others so as not to drive according to the conditions.
That you think it's being a "competent cyclist" to blind others is Dunning-Kruger talking again.

I am not building strawmen, nor am I using such stupid arguments as "you're from a small country, so you can't possibly know how to act in traffic when it's dark".

You are now on ignore.

Last edited by StanSeven; 11-16-20 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Removed insult
CargoDane is offline  
Old 11-16-20, 05:48 PM
  #50  
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 911

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels View Post
Tail Lights on Day Rider
I see you have "the triangle". That's how to go.
I try to do the same on my cargo bike(-s), but with reflectors as the two lower ones (because they're on the cargo platform tube ends). My triangle is wider/bigger, but unfortunately only the top one is actually a light, so unless it's a car or motorcycle or a bike with powerful headlights, they will only see the red central light.
CargoDane is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.