Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Garmin 830

Old 07-27-21, 08:20 AM
  #1  
banjaboy
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
banjaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 99

Bikes: Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 Specialized Sirrus 6.0 Genesis Core 50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Garmin 830

Just settling in to a learning curve with my new toy......Garmin 830 with RTL515 tail light and Vario UT800 front light. Cant say enough about this kit. radar tailight might seem a bit crazy but after being hit by a 30oz can of soup thrown at me by some hillbilly in Vancouver BC I was a bit gunshy getting back on. Now with a Gopro and this I feel I can at least be ready for a speeding vehicle approaching. Anyone have this set up have any tips for me?
banjaboy is offline  
Likes For banjaboy:
Old 07-27-21, 11:56 AM
  #2  
pdlamb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern Deep South
Posts: 6,930

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1615 Post(s)
Liked 840 Times in 522 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. Some yahoo hit you with a big can and you got a light to make sure he can see you?
pdlamb is offline  
Old 07-27-21, 01:28 PM
  #3  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,478
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Some yahoo hit you with a big can and you got a light to make sure he can see you?
No.

Originally Posted by banjaboy View Post
...with RTL515 tail light...I feel I can at least be ready for a speeding vehicle approaching....
njkayaker is offline  
Old 07-28-21, 06:48 AM
  #4  
oldwinger14
Senior Member
 
oldwinger14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 183

Bikes: 2020 Cannondale Synapse Ultegra Di2, Mavic Ksyrium Elite Wheels, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 44 Posts
Link the RTL515 to the Garmin 830 to get visual and audible warnings on your Garmin screen of vehicles approaching from behind.

You establish this link by adding the RTL515 as a sensor via the Garminís menu system. You can also link the front light as another sensor if you want. Other sensors that I have linked to my Garmin are a cadence sensor and a heart rate monitor. During rides, info from these sensors are visible on the Garmin screen. Complete stats accumulated during the ride are also displayed after your ride is completed.

For complete info on how to create one or more profile(s) on your Garmin and to add sensors to the profile(s) you created, I suggest you go to the Garmin website and look at the Ownerís manual. I suspect there are also many helpful YouTube videos on creating profiles and adding sensors to them.

I had a Garmin Edge 1000 and recently upgraded to an Edge 1030 Plus. On both computers, I created two profiles, each with sensors linked to them. I use one profile when I am riding outdoors. The other is used during the Winter when my bike is attached to my smart trainer.
oldwinger14 is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 10:10 AM
  #5  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
Does knowing that something is coming up behind you change how you ride your bike?
Iride01 is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 10:34 AM
  #6  
Atlas Shrugged
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
Does knowing that something is coming up behind you change how you ride your bike?
Yes
Atlas Shrugged is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 12:09 PM
  #7  
Steve B.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South shore, L.I., NY
Posts: 5,148

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2010 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
Yes
How ?.
Steve B. is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 12:11 PM
  #8  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,128
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15210 Post(s)
Liked 6,381 Times in 3,617 Posts
It's usually the second one that gets you. Knowing there's a second one prevents that.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 07-29-21, 01:08 PM
  #9  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
When I'm approaching someone from behind, whether I or they are on a bicycle, then I am gauging some of their habits to see if they are a wanderer and go all over the road or whether they are predictable. I base all my collision avoidance on that. So if you are going to behave differently when your device tells you I'm there, then you have just messed up all my planning.

My son uses Varia, I like the idea of it. But if it makes you do anything differently than you would do without it, then you are just making your actions unpredictable to those about to pass you.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 01:37 PM
  #10  
Atlas Shrugged
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
When I'm approaching someone from behind, whether I or they are on a bicycle, then I am gauging some of their habits to see if they are a wanderer and go all over the road or whether they are predictable. I base all my collision avoidance on that. So if you are going to behave differently when your device tells you I'm there, then you have just messed up all my planning.

My son uses Varia, I like the idea of it. But if it makes you do anything differently than you would do without it, then you are just making your actions unpredictable to those about to pass you.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer how is that unpredictable and increases my risk? If a car is approaching and there is a choke point or pothole my behaviours will totally change if there is a car fast approaching or not. Finally the ability to know if there are multiple cars or not makes a huge difference.

You can also be rocking some tunes in your earbuds and be as aware if there are vehicles behind you!
Atlas Shrugged is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 01:56 PM
  #11  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever. Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer how is that unpredictable and increases my risk? If a car is approaching and there is a choke point or pothole my behaviours will totally change if there is a car fast approaching or not. Finally the ability to know if there are multiple cars or not makes a huge difference.

You can also be rocking some tunes in your earbuds and be as aware if there are vehicles behind you!
Well it makes no sense to me to hug the curb when someone passes. That means that if you have a problem, that you'll have less options to do anything.

If someone is going to pass you then let them wait till they can safely pass. Don't look like you are telling them it's okay to squeeze by you.

I don't rock tunes with earbuds in my ears. I can play every song and video I know in my head without external help. That leaves my ears open to hear stuff behind me. I consider my hearing lousy, but I know cars are behind me about the same time Varia tells my son cars are behind us.

Though I like that the beep with Varia can knock me out of that daydream when on long stretches of open road and few are around. But how are you going to hear that beep when you are rocking tunes with earbuds?

Last edited by Iride01; 07-29-21 at 02:03 PM.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 07-29-21, 02:41 PM
  #12  
unterhausen
Randomhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1,616 Times in 1,161 Posts
I never thought that having a mirror would be something I wanted, then I tried it and it made me feel more confident that people were passing me safely. Not sure if the varia really fulfills this same function.
unterhausen is offline  
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 07-29-21, 04:07 PM
  #13  
Atlas Shrugged
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
Well it makes no sense to me to hug the curb when someone passes. That means that if you have a problem, that you'll have less options to do anything.

If someone is going to pass you then let them wait till they can safely pass. Don't look like you are telling them it's okay to squeeze by you.

I don't rock tunes with earbuds in my ears. I can play every song and video I know in my head without external help. That leaves my ears open to hear stuff behind me. I consider my hearing lousy, but I know cars are behind me about the same time Varia tells my son cars are behind us.

Though I like that the beep with Varia can knock me out of that daydream when on long stretches of open road and few are around. But how are you going to hear that beep when you are rocking tunes with earbuds?
You are changing the argument. You initially commented about unpredictable riders to which I asked how moving over is unpredictable and would change a driver’s perception. I am not talking about hugging a curb in a urban setting but rather on back roads or secondary roads when I usually ride in the worn part of the road and the car is passing regardless. This way it gives me a extra foot or two. I made other points which you failed to address potholes, choke points, ect. If a car is rapidly approaching I ride through the pothole or stop, if not I go around.

I engaged on this topic when the premise was put forward that riders do not change their riding behavior whether a car is approaching behind them. You see no value in the Varia however at the same time rely on your hearing to determine if a vehicle is approaching. If your behavior does not change if a vehicle is behind you why not listen to music or concern yourself if a car is approaching.

I have yet to encounter anyone who has used a Varia not see the value in having one.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 07-29-21 at 05:00 PM.
Atlas Shrugged is offline  
Likes For Atlas Shrugged:
Old 07-29-21, 04:10 PM
  #14  
Atlas Shrugged
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 368 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
I never thought that having a mirror would be something I wanted, then I tried it and it made me feel more confident that people were passing me safely. Not sure if the varia really fulfills this same function.
Just like the mirror was a positive revelation the Varia is even more so. It gives approach speed indication, shows multiple vehicles, alerts you when a vehicle is approaching and alters itís flashing to attract the divers attention.
Atlas Shrugged is offline  
Likes For Atlas Shrugged:
Old 07-29-21, 04:14 PM
  #15  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,478
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer.
Well it makes no sense to me to hug the curb when someone passes.
Atlas Shrugged didn't say he "hugged the curb".

Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
But if it makes you do anything differently than you would do without it, then you are just making your actions unpredictable to those about to pass you.
It seems almost certain that you will tend to do different things when there isn't a car behind you than when there is.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-29-21 at 04:24 PM.
njkayaker is offline  
Likes For njkayaker:
Old 07-29-21, 04:36 PM
  #16  
Bigbus
Very Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Always on the Run
Posts: 1,211

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 241 Posts
I like electronics and gadgets, but I really like my helmet mirror. I spend a lot of time checking the mirror and keeping an eye on what's around me and what's coming. I do think the Varia is great, for other people. I'm just not ready to give up my tunes. Now, if it can momentarily override my tunes with warnings, that would be really cool.
Bigbus is offline  
Likes For Bigbus:
Old 07-29-21, 06:39 PM
  #17  
BianchisOnly
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 22

Bikes: 1983 Bianchi Nuova Racing 12 Vel, 1985 Bianchi Centenario, 1988 Bianchi SuperLeggera, 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV (Ultegra), 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV Disc (Red eTap)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
We've gotten a bit off the OP's question, but I really don't have any tips. I did try placing the radar track on the left side of my 830 but found it hid street names while navigating so I put it back on the right (default). It is nice to be able to control the lights from the head unit just by pulliung down from the top of the screen and going to the "lights" page.

Oh, every so often the radar doesn't connect to the head unit (not often) - if that happens and the dot in the corner just flashes ride, go to the "Sensors" setting page and click "connect" on the radar sensor page.

Regarding value - nothing in the radar changes how I ride, nor how predictably, which is a total straw man argument, in my opinion. I use the radar to give me an idea of 1) how many cars are coming so I know when to glance over my shoulder; and 2) to get an idea of how fast they're coming since the flashing changes color depending on the approach speed. I've also been told by my buddies that they appreciate the radar since the light flashes faster when a car approaches from the rear, and that gives them a warning as well. Bonus win. The radar also tells me when a car has matched my speed and refuses to pass without my having to constantly check to see if they're still on my tail or not (especially electric cars, the sneaky silent buggers). I find myself really missing it when I switch bikes and forget to move the radar between the bikes.

Personally, I find a mirror distracting as I get flashes in the corner of my eye. I also note that my friends who have mirrors spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the mirror while moving their heads around trying to find different areas to look. I much prefer a quick glance over (or under) my shoulder as I only need a quick visual to generally know what's going on behind me. My $0.02.
BianchisOnly is offline  
Likes For BianchisOnly:
Old 07-29-21, 09:44 PM
  #18  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,128
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15210 Post(s)
Liked 6,381 Times in 3,617 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigbus View Post
I like electronics and gadgets, but I really like my helmet mirror. I spend a lot of time checking the mirror and keeping an eye on what's around me and what's coming. I do think the Varia is great, for other people. I'm just not ready to give up my tunes. Now, if it can momentarily override my tunes with warnings, that would be really cool.
​​​​​​I think it can do that. For other people. 🙂
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 07-29-21, 09:49 PM
  #19  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,128
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15210 Post(s)
Liked 6,381 Times in 3,617 Posts
Originally Posted by BianchisOnly View Post
We've gotten a bit off the OP's question, but I really don't have any tips. I did try placing the radar track on the left side of my 830 but found it hid street names while navigating so I put it back on the right (default). It is nice to be able to control the lights from the head unit just by pulliung down from the top of the screen and going to the "lights" page.

Oh, every so often the radar doesn't connect to the head unit (not often) - if that happens and the dot in the corner just flashes ride, go to the "Sensors" setting page and click "connect" on the radar sensor page.

Regarding value - nothing in the radar changes how I ride, nor how predictably, which is a total straw man argument, in my opinion. I use the radar to give me an idea of 1) how many cars are coming so I know when to glance over my shoulder; and 2) to get an idea of how fast they're coming since the flashing changes color depending on the approach speed. I've also been told by my buddies that they appreciate the radar since the light flashes faster when a car approaches from the rear, and that gives them a warning as well. Bonus win. The radar also tells me when a car has matched my speed and refuses to pass without my having to constantly check to see if they're still on my tail or not (especially electric cars, the sneaky silent buggers). I find myself really missing it when I switch bikes and forget to move the radar between the bikes.

Personally, I find a mirror distracting as I get flashes in the corner of my eye. I also note that my friends who have mirrors spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the mirror while moving their heads around trying to find different areas to look. I much prefer a quick glance over (or under) my shoulder as I only need a quick visual to generally know what's going on behind me. My $0.02.
​​​​​​Yep I like this a lot. Makes drivers more aware of my presence. Also the fact that it changes in response to them is unusual, and hence attention getting.

A friend I ride with sometimes liked being able to ride behind me and see when a car is approaching from my light, until I showed her how to pair her Garmin to it too. Little confusing because the display is relative to me not her, but it's still appreciated.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 07-30-21, 08:35 AM
  #20  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
You are changing the argument. You initially commented about unpredictable riders to which I asked how moving over is unpredictable and would change a driverís perception. I am not talking about hugging a curb in a urban setting but rather on back roads or secondary roads when I usually ride in the worn part of the road and the car is passing regardless. This way it gives me a extra foot or two. I made other points which you failed to address potholes, choke points, ect. If a car is rapidly approaching I ride through the pothole or stop, if not I go around.

I engaged on this topic when the premise was put forward that riders do not change their riding behavior whether a car is approaching behind them. You see no value in the Varia however at the same time rely on your hearing to determine if a vehicle is approaching. If your behavior does not change if a vehicle is behind you why not listen to music or concern yourself if a car is approaching.

I have yet to encounter anyone who has used a Varia not see the value in having one.
I'm changing the argument? I didn't realize there was an argument per se. Just us stating what we do. Was I supposed to agree with you? I don't. It's not a problem for me for you to have another opinion on how to best look out for your safety. At least you think about it.

I'm not talking about an urban setting either. Varia generally isn't of much value when you are someplace where traffic is constantly approaching from behind. I'm talking about the country roads I ride on that aren't wide enough for two vehicles and a cyclist at the same time.

You said:
Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer how is that unpredictable and increases my risk?
That's not unpredictable. But, it does increase your risk in my opinion. Moving over to the edge of the road might be interpreted by the driver of a vehicle behind that you are telling him that it's a good time for them to pass. If this is on a curve or hill with traffic coming the other way that neither of you know about then something bad will likely happen.

Even if the driver behind doesn't interpret that as being told it's a good time to pass, then if they are a careless driver they might try to pass thinking that they can remain in the same lane even if there is oncoming traffic.

That actually has happened to me many times years ago. But since I started riding where cars and larger vehicles can't get by me in the same lane that doesn't happen. Though some stupidly pass on blind curves and have almost hit the oncoming car that appeared from nowhere.

I still don't really see why it needs to be known that there is a vehicle behind. It's not the lead vehicles responsibility to help them pass. A vehicle in front of another has privilege over those behind it. So until a vehicle behind you completes a pass safely, you have all the law on your side. Of course that doesn't help if you get run over in the process, but I can't identify stupid drivers until they actually do something stupid.

But for the last ten years, I've been riding about three feet off the edge of the road. If I see oncoming traffic I move more to the center of my lane. When the oncoming traffic passes. I move back to about three feet from the right edge. I might get hit one day, but I think I will be hit or injured sooner if I was to stay close to the edge and get pushed off the road because an oncoming car appeared and the passing car suddenly wanted their entire lane back. The edge of some of the country roads I ride is a steep sided ditch. So getting close to the edge leaves me no options or at least no good options.

As for Varia, I like what it does. However like mirrors, you generally have to be constantly looking at them unless your device makes a beep that you can hear. Mine doesn't, however I can hear my son's Varia notification go off when his device beeps. Another plus for the Edge 1030 over the Edge 530 I suppose.

And my son also uses the now discontinued head up display from Garmin that doesn't require him to look at the device to see the Varia notice. He can still keep his head up and eyes on the road in front watching where they are needed.

Realize that I'm not oblivious to traffic behind me. I turn my head when I move left of right and when I am going to turn. I look behind me when I need to. Mirrors and Varia are great things. I just don't need them. Road conditions and traffic in front of me is what needs most of my attention.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 07-30-21, 08:50 AM
  #21  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
Atlas Shrugged didn't say he "hugged the curb".[/QUOTE]

You are correct :
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
Normally I may not ride right on the curb however as a car approaches and gets close I will tuck in a bit closer ......
How silly of me to think that tucking in a bit closer is hugging the curb. Maybe he wasn't tucking into the curb at all, maybe he is tucking in toward the car.

Originally Posted by njkayaker View Post
It seems almost certain that you will tend to do different things when there isn't a car behind you than when there is.
What is needed for the lead vehicle to do differently? Do you expect cars you are passing on the interstate to do something differently? I just expect the lead vehicle to maintain speed and direction. Though to be sure, there are some things I will do when there isn't a car behind me. However I glance behind me when I want to do those things.

Last edited by Iride01; 07-30-21 at 08:55 AM.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 07-30-21, 11:13 AM
  #22  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,478
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post

You are correct :

How silly of me to think that tucking in a bit closer is hugging the curb.
Yes, it was silly of you.

Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
Maybe he wasn't tucking into the curb at all, maybe he is tucking in toward the car.
That would be even sillier.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-30-21 at 11:19 AM.
njkayaker is offline  
Likes For njkayaker:
Old 07-30-21, 12:36 PM
  #23  
Seattle Forrest
Senior Member
 
Seattle Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 22,128
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15210 Post(s)
Liked 6,381 Times in 3,617 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
Varia generally isn't of much value when you are someplace where traffic is constantly approaching from behind.
False.
Seattle Forrest is offline  
Old 07-30-21, 12:44 PM
  #24  
prj71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,788
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1574 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 236 Posts
Who knew that 30oz can of soup = I buy a Garmin!!!
prj71 is offline  
Old 07-30-21, 12:58 PM
  #25  
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 8,250

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91, '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
False.
Such a convincing statement. How do you find constant notification that cars are behind you useful when riding in a place you expect cars to be constantly approaching from your rear?
Iride01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.