Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets (https://www.bikeforums.net/electronics-lighting-gadgets/)
-   -   Dinotte Sale NOW ON! (https://www.bikeforums.net/electronics-lighting-gadgets/619079-dinotte-sale-now.html)

daven1986 02-01-10 04:16 AM

Dinotte Sale NOW ON!
 
Well my waiting has paid off, after putting off purchasing a 140-R tail light for 2 months waiting for them to come on sale, they are now on sale :D

Just a heads up to all who want one!

Daven

ItsJustMe 02-01-10 07:49 AM

Yee haw! Soon you'll be enjoying cars giving you an extra few feet of room, or even waiting to pass you on curves!

daven1986 02-01-10 07:51 AM

Yep I sure hope so. Bought one as I start work next week and part of my commute is on a road with lots of lorries and fast moving traffic.

ahmose 02-01-10 02:50 PM

this is very tempting

daven1986 02-01-10 03:02 PM

Sorry, by posting this thread I guess I am going to cost people some money! It was good for me because I was going to buy at full price, but was sure there would be a sale before I needed it (next week) so I held off.

dynodonn 02-01-10 10:15 PM

I really like my 400R tail light, and it's a considerable improvement over my PB Superflash. Though I didn't buy it on sale, but checking Dinotte's web site, it's only 20 dollars cheaper. Looks like they eliminated the spare battery in order to reduce the price, which I feel was a bad move, since my spare came in to play several times this winter.

daven1986 02-02-10 04:48 AM

Yeah the sale items don't have a battery or charger. I was going to buy the AA light without battery and charger anyway (since I have some).

js1221 02-04-10 04:54 PM

I ordered my 140R late Monday night and received an e-mail on Tuesday saying it had shipped, USPS Priority Mail. The package was in my mailbox today (Thursday) and hopefully I will get to try it out on Saturday. This is my third light purchase and I am extremely satisfied.

daven1986 02-05-10 03:10 AM

Bah, international postage :( the tracking says mine should be delivered today - hope customs missed it!

CFXMarauder 02-08-10 07:54 PM

You cost me $149..:D

daven1986 02-09-10 02:11 PM

Sorry! I am loving it though. Drivers moved over into the other lane to pass today! However I got stung by ****ing parcel force for 13.50 "handling fees". Fortunately what I saved in the sale covered that though!

SSfreak 02-16-10 05:11 AM

Thanks guys. Just picked me up a rear light.

SSfreak 02-18-10 06:55 PM

I ordered my rear light this Tuesday and barely Thursday it's already here. My daughter and I were testing it out and it's blinding bright. I'm still seeing red dots.

PaulRivers 02-24-10 03:20 PM


Originally Posted by SSfreak (Post 10421989)
I ordered my rear light this Tuesday and barely Thursday it's already here. My daughter and I were testing it out and it's blinding bright. I'm still seeing red dots.

That's actually the problem - even on it's lowest mode, it's to bright to have someone ride immediately behind you without next to blinding them. I know - from several different people complaining, so I had to turn it off when riding with other people.

SSfreak 02-26-10 03:44 AM


Originally Posted by PaulRivers (Post 10446356)
That's actually the problem - even on it's lowest mode, it's to bright to have someone ride immediately behind you without next to blinding them. I know - from several different people complaining, so I had to turn it off when riding with other people.

I agree. I've decided to point it at a slight angle toward the ground. Still high enough for cars to see me but yet at a angle to light the road red.

TimothyF 03-09-10 09:27 AM

Thanks to the OP! Ordered the 140 tail light and the 200 front. Both under 90 bucks each. Expecting delivery today. Soon as I figure out how to mount to my rack, I will be in business!

ItsJustMe 03-09-10 09:43 AM

I'm actually thinking about building a Dinotte killer taillight when I get done with a few existing projects.

Riding into the sun the last few days has convinced me that using the Dinotte in these situations is incredibly important, but even more light would be great.

I would just go for a pair of Nova BULLs but I don't want to carry a 12V power source.

daven1986 03-09-10 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by TimothyF (Post 10500667)
Thanks to the OP! Ordered the 140 tail light and the 200 front. Both under 90 bucks each. Expecting delivery today. Soon as I figure out how to mount to my rack, I will be in business!

with regards to fitting to a rack look at this thread, 2nd post: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ebag-Questions and this is a response from the poster when I asked him to describe it:

To mount a Dinotte light, ideally you need something tube-shaped about the size of a seatpost or handlebar (which is what they are designed to mount on). So I mounted mine to some 1" PVC pipe since my seatpost is blocked by my Carradice bag. To attach the PVC pipe, I cut a slit down the side large enough so it would fit over the tubes in my Bagman rack. After doing that, I inserted a plastic wine cork in the PVC pipe to make it solid, and also cut a slit part of the way through it. Then I slipped the PVC pipe over the back of my rack and secured it with a couple of small hose clamps. The clamps keep the PVC pipe from rotating. Then I just use an O-ring that came with the Dinotte light to attach it.

TimothyF 03-09-10 02:17 PM

I'll see if that will fit my rack. THX

IronMac 03-09-10 11:17 PM

I got an email from them a few hours ago, there is a NEW sale on now! :)

rjc100 03-10-10 04:53 AM

The 400R Litium Ion tailight unit I was looking for is not on sale, but when I called Dionette, they gave me 15% off, shipped the next day at no frt cost.
I have been happy with their products, and their service is just as impressive.

TimothyF 03-10-10 08:44 AM

My lights came in yesterday! Very pleased with them and what I paid for them.

If you are on the fence about buying Dinotte, consider this. I have bought LED flashlights for the front, front flashers, rear Bell blinkies, PBSFs, Cherrybombs, etc. I call it perpetual upgrade mode. I am a sucker for the next greatest thing that as "close to a Dinotte as you can get" and I have easily spent over 100 dollars in the past 4 years 20-35 dollars at a time.

I am going to spend my money on other bike things now. I will keep the PBSF and one of the flashlights for redundancy, but my kids' bikes are about to get lit up like Christmas.

daven1986 03-10-10 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by TimothyF (Post 10505748)
My lights came in yesterday! Very pleased with them and what I paid for them.

If you are on the fence about buying Dinotte, consider this. I have bought LED flashlights for the front, front flashers, rear Bell blinkies, PBSFs, Cherrybombs, etc. I call it perpetual upgrade mode. I am a sucker for the next greatest thing that as "close to a Dinotte as you can get" and I have easily spent over 100 dollars in the past 4 years 20-35 dollars at a time.

I am going to spend my money on other bike things now. I will keep the PBSF and one of the flashlights for redundancy, but my kids' bikes are about to get lit up like Christmas.

I have to say I agree. I got some cheaper lights, then got more, then got a Dinotte and they are now useless! I do like the planet bike superflash though - that is pretty bright (was behind one today).

IronMac 03-10-10 09:18 PM


Originally Posted by rjc100 (Post 10505191)
The 400R Litium Ion tailight unit I was looking for is not on sale, but when I called Dionette, they gave me 15% off, shipped the next day at no frt cost.
I have been happy with their products, and their service is just as impressive.

Yes it is..regular price is $229...now it's $194.65. I think that they ran two sales in succession. The first sale (for which the OP posted this thread) did not have the 400R on sale.

hammond9705 03-12-10 07:35 AM


Originally Posted by daven1986 (Post 10507254)
I do like the planet bike superflash though - that is pretty bright (was behind one today).

I run the Dinotte and a PBSF together. Not that the Dinotte isn't bright enough (it is) but just in case it should ever fail.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.