Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

thank you Tommy Atkins

Old 07-31-15, 03:16 PM
marquhar

Bikes: 2008 Motobecane Immortal Force

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you Tommy Atkins

Not a post about fad diets

Doing better with rides, but not often enough. Making better route selections (there are easily 10+ routes from my doorstep). Feeling safer and more in control on the bike.

Starting to lose weight, having been over 200 lbs last fall and finally got below 190 lbs again.

My wife introduced me to this crunchy Mango variety below. I think its the Tommy Atkins variety, from Florida, and its quite fibrous. Its not easy to cut as its hard to line up the seed, as opposed to the Mexican Mango known as ataulfo, which is easy to cut.

I like these TA Mangoes so much that I started to cut them myself or I went without. In the right pic I'm holding the seed. Its very irregular, so it is awkward to cut around it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0731151355-01.jpg (58.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg
0731151354-01.jpg (71.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by marquhar; 07-31-15 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-31-15, 04:37 PM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
I've been using bike commuting as an excuse to eat a little indulgent without regard to cholesterol or fat. If I had your attitude I be in even better shape.