Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

DeRosa Neo Primato

Old 08-21-15, 01:16 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 30 Posts
DeRosa Neo Primato

Anyone have one? What can you tell me about it?
Old 08-21-15, 01:17 PM
fietsbob 
coprolite

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Quoted: 6721 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 117 Posts
Neo Primato that like New Monkey?

Mechanically Speaking its a frame that you can mount what ever components that float your Boat .

you have a parts kit that makes a stiffie?

Builder a Famous Italian Company, and Red? whats not to like?

Last edited by fietsbob; 08-22-15 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-21-15, 01:27 PM
Blue Belly

Bikes: Pinarello Montello, Merckx MX Leader, Merckx Corsa Extra, Pinarello Prologo, Tredici Magia Nera, Tredici Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Really nice frame. It's a De Rosa, after all. Find on used for a good price, snatch it up. New, they are a bit pricey. There is one on Portland Craigslist that's been sitting for a while. 56cm, I think. A little small & im a little outta money....
Old 08-21-15, 01:32 PM
puddinlegs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rode a friend's years ago. Nice bike. Heavy and loose by today's oversized carbon tubeset standards, but if you want a classic steel ride, that's exactly what you'll get and as others have mentioned, it looks nice too. Not as nice as a Tommassini Tecno tube set, but nice.
Old 08-21-15, 02:36 PM
bruce19

Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Rode a friend's years ago. Nice bike. Heavy and loose by today's oversized carbon tubeset standards, but if you want a classic steel ride, that's exactly what you'll get and as others have mentioned, it looks nice too. Not as nice as a Tommassini Tecno tube set, but nice.
I was on Bikewrench.com and "built" one with Ultegra. It came to 17 lbs 6 oz, which I take to be a decent weight. This is a size 54 btw. And, yes, it is really pretty. Only reason I'm even looking is that my son is getting back into cycling and I'm thinking of giving him my Guru steel and might be looking for a bike as a 70th birthday present to myself next June. Not really interested in a 15 lbs bike but am interested in a bike that might be my last "keeper" but still has to ride nicely.
Old 08-22-15, 12:00 AM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

An absolutely lovely bike to ride, and look at. Rode it twice this week, about 5 times now in total. Climbs awesome, which was my biggest fear that it wouldn't be stiff enough. Have been riding downhill cautiously with increasing speed each time out, 40mph yesterday, and the bike is rock solid. Built up the frame with Chorus 11spd and Campagnolo Zonda wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
19458967596_6cc999bd76_o.jpg (103.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-22-15, 12:46 AM
puddinlegs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by h2oxtc View Post

An absolutely lovely bike to ride, and look at. Rode it twice this week, about 5 times now in total. Climbs awesome, which was my biggest fear that it wouldn't be stiff enough. Have been riding downhill cautiously with increasing speed each time out, 40mph yesterday, and the bike is rock solid. Built up the frame with Chorus 11spd and Campagnolo Zonda wheels.
That sounds like an absolutely lovely bike! Well done!
Old 08-22-15, 05:32 AM
bruce19

Really nice. Where did you get the frame? Do you know what it weighs?
Old 08-22-15, 07:50 AM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19 View Post
Really nice. Where did you get the frame? Do you know what it weighs?
It's a 2012 frame, purchased from a Paceline forum member. It was in absolute pristine condition. As shown in the photo it weighs 19.0 lbs..
Old 08-22-15, 07:54 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Very nice
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 08-22-15, 10:13 AM
bruce19

It's a 2012 frame, purchased from a Paceline forum member. It was in absolute pristine condition. As shown in the photo it weighs 19.0 lbs..
19 lbs ready to ride is exactly what my Guru Sidero (steel) weighs. My Guru is also nice to look at but not as nice as that DeRosa. It's a beauty.