Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Plus 50 kit group buy pictures. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/1026929-plus-50-kit-group-buy-pictures.html)

Dan Burkhart 08-26-15 02:18 PM

Plus 50 kit group buy pictures.
 
OK, you all have your new kit, how about some photos.
Today was an excellent day to try out the new jacket. The weather was a coolish 60 degrees or so, and we hit a few light showers on our 20 km ride.
It was perfect for those conditions.

http://i61.tinypic.com/21epwmo.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/28svtw0.jpg

I can't do the looking away pose without thinking of billydonn. This one is a tribute to our fallen friend.

http://i59.tinypic.com/35jm3vk.jpg

RonH 08-26-15 02:47 PM

Lookin' good. :thumb:

SammyJ 08-28-15 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got Mine, are we the only two?

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=473798

Dan Burkhart 08-28-15 09:58 AM


Originally Posted by SammyJ (Post 18117750)

Maybe the only two that aren't camera shy?

Oldguyonoldbike 08-28-15 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=473845
Proudly wearing mine!

FamilyMan007 09-20-15 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Many thanks to Bill for all his work in offering the opportunity to acquire the PlusFifty jersey.

A little delayed (long story) but proudly wore my jersey today for the first time. :thumb:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=478355

Absolutely wonderful day up here in southern Ontario - now the heat of summer has passed I tried an 'inland' route. Believe it or not, by my standards the 2,142 elevation gains over 41 miles was a good workout. (My usual rides are by the lake - thus very flat).

RonH 09-20-15 03:41 PM

I'll post my picture when I get my new bike in a few weeks -- new bike and jersey. :)


Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long? Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.

FamilyMan007 09-20-15 06:36 PM

Look forward to seeing your new jersey/bike combination.



Originally Posted by RonH (Post 18180050)
... Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long?

I am 6'1" and it seems right length to me :thumb:



Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.
At 175lbs, mine is just about perfect for wearing on its own - being relatively snug, but not tight. If I wanted to wear an under-garment for warmth, I likely would prefer an XXL.

Dan Burkhart 09-20-15 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by FamilyMan007 (Post 18179882)
Many thanks to Bill for all his work in offering the opportunity to acquire the PlusFifty jersey.

A little delayed (long story) but proudly wore my jersey today for the first time. :thumb:

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=478355

Absolutely wonderful day up here in southern Ontario - now the heat of summer has passed I tried an 'inland' route. Believe it or not, by my standards the 2,142 elevation gains over 41 miles was a good workout. (My usual rides are by the lake - thus very flat).

If you ride by the lake west of the city, you might just spot my 50+ gear on the road some day. If you do, be sure to give a holler.

lphilpot 09-20-15 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RonH (Post 18180050)
Am I the only one who purchased an XL and its way too long? Its sort of loose fitting but that's ok.

I have an XL from the last order ...or was it the one before? In contrast to your description, mine's quite tight - Almost a painted-on second skin once zipped, much smaller and shorter than, for example, the Canari XL I bought locally or the AeroTech XL I ordered online. It was the club cut, not race cut. But I still like it much. :)

Aside from my avatar, here's the only other image I have of me wearing it: A very blurry FB video frame from yesterday's start of the 50 mile version of Le Tour de Bayou. Must've been my blinding speed causing the blur. Yeah, that's the ticket... :D

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=478413

winston63 09-24-15 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, at long last here's a photo of me in my jersey. This was the second time I've worn the jersey: I first wore it on a charity ride a few weeks ago, but I don't have any pictures of myself on that one. On this ride, fellow Bike Forum member Tesgin happened to be on a bike tour that took in my home city so we arranged to meet for a ride. It was a terrific day!
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=479169

freedomrider1 09-24-15 02:20 PM


Originally Posted by winston63 (Post 18191490)
Well, at long last here's a photo of me in my jersey. This was the second time I've worn the jersey: I first wore it on a charity ride a few weeks ago, but I don't have any pictures of myself on that one. On this ride, fellow Bike Forum member Tesgin happened to be on a bike tour that took in my home city so we arranged to meet for a ride. It was a terrific day!
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=479169

wait a minute, you got some I.D. mister.

winston63 09-24-15 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by freedomrider1 (Post 18191637)
wait a minute, you got some I.D. mister.

LOL! That makes my day - I suppose I look a bit on the young side in that particular shot. It helps that my helmet covers what little gray hair I've got left - I'll dig up another photo of myself that my wife took (sans helmet) and I can assure you I look north of 50 in that one!

freedomrider1 09-24-15 06:04 PM

:thumb:

Wildwood 09-29-15 07:30 AM

I posted in the 65+ thread that a Fifty+ jersey seems a bit... juvenile... for some of us. How about a 65+ jersey? Same design is great with only 2 numbers changed.

silkey 09-29-15 08:28 PM

I would like to see 60 70 and 80s .really shake up the younger folks!

qcpmsame 09-30-15 06:04 AM

If you want a set of different ages on kit, go to one of the sites that have custom kit available. We use the 50+ because its the title of this forum and how we identify ourselves as a group. The sites will not allow you to just say, "change this to x, from y", and that is it. They charge you for every change in the design, and the 50+ design is actually the artistic property of Curtis. I simply managed the group buy for him, and I have no desire to go through, or to finance a design change. Curtis and I addressed this in each group buy, not to be difficult, but this is what, and why, its that way.

Any one that wants to initiate a different design, and have a group buy can do so, I'd be happy to direct you to Champion Systems, http://champ-sys.com/index.php where you can set up an account and they will assist you in the design you want to use, and to charge you to do so. They have several levels of minimum piece count programs, even a single item that costs over twice what our pieces cost. The more items you have as a minimum, the less they cost. But, not on Curtis' design, nor in the account we have established.

Should Curtis change his mind, then it will certainly happen, and with my support, but his schedule of classes and life's demands have him tied up. I will, at some point in the future, have another 50+ kit buy, as the manger only. That will be next year at the earliest, with my own schedule, and things I have going on.

Respectfully,
Bill

SloButWide 10-07-15 12:48 PM

For those looking for custom kit - one of the ads I was just served is for Jakroo Custom Jerseys. Single unit prices are $160, but 6-24 unit buys fall to $92 each. They have an online designer you can play with.

I haven't used them, and don't get paid by them. I thought it was funny to see the ad a day after reading the thread.

Deves 10-07-15 03:13 PM

Hello all, I've wanted a Bike Jersey for a long time just never got around to ordering one because I couldn't find one I liked until I saw this thread. I would proudly wear this when i'm out on my bike. Is there a place where I could get one of these? Thank you

Rick@OCRR 10-07-15 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=481346Rick@OCRR in a non-OCRR jersey for a change!

Note: This 50+ jersey was from the previous buy (or the one before that?) but I thought I'd post it anyway. Back when I was still riding my GURU!

qcpmsame 10-08-15 07:14 AM


Originally Posted by Deves (Post 18225087)
Hello all, I've wanted a Bike Jersey for a long time just never got around to ordering one because I couldn't find one I liked until I saw this thread. I would proudly wear this when i'm out on my bike. Is there a place where I could get one of these? Thank you

They are not available on an open purchase system, it is done through Champion System, in their custom kit program. We use the 10 item minimum program so that the cost gets into a reasonable range that isn't going to bankrupt anyone. It is first rate kit, very well made and the design is by cccorlew, Curtis Corlew, one of our long time members. He started this program here, and did a fantastic job of designing the kit items, and on setting up the account we use. No other age classifications are available, the 50+ reflects the name of this forum.

The last group kit buy was this past summer, I am not looking at doing another one until after the new year. If Curtis decides that another is needed before then, it is his place to do so and I'd handle things happily, if he does so. Its a good bit of work, but worth the efforts. Watch for an announcement about anything we have in the planning stages around January 2016, or so.

Bill

Deves 10-08-15 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by qcpmsame (Post 18226440)
They are not available on an open purchase system, it is done through Champion System, in their custom kit program. We use the 10 item minimum program so that the cost gets into a reasonable range that isn't going to bankrupt anyone. It is first rate kit, very well made and the design is by cccorlew, Curtis Corlew, one of our long time members. He started this program here, and did a fantastic job of designing the kit items, and on setting up the account we use. No other age classifications are available, the 50+ reflects the name of this forum.

The last group kit buy was this past summer, I am not looking at doing another one until after the new year. If Curtis decides that another is needed before then, it is his place to do so and I'd handle things happily, if he does so. Its a good bit of work, but worth the efforts. Watch for an announcement about anything we have in the planning stages around January 2016, or so.

Bill

Oh well I would have liked to order one. Guess i'll have to wait till? :ride:

winston63 10-08-15 09:55 AM


Originally Posted by Deves (Post 18226878)
Oh well I would have liked to order one. Guess i'll have to wait till? :ride:

I can tell you the kit is first rate. I bought a single jersey during the last group purchase and I'm thrilled with the quality, fit and design. I'll be buying more when the next group purchase rolls around.

Outnumbered 10-13-15 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It took me a while to post my picture but I finally remembered, guess that's another reason why I wear an over 50 shirt. This is at a rest stop 80 miles into my first century ever last month.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=482308

WarrenR 11-12-15 10:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Another one finally getting around-2-it

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=487669http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=487670http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=487671http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=487672


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.