Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Election day ride !

Old 11-08-16, 06:44 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, GT Mountian Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Election day ride !

Voted early so I could beat the lines and get a ride in before the sun went down. Can't believe the temp today low 60's with a light wind. Way better than the 43 degrees from the other day.
Old 11-08-16, 06:55 PM
David Bierbaum

Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks like you smeared Vaseline on the lens for that soft focus look. How far has the color change gone in your area? If it's at peak, it looks like Fall is a bust, color-wise, in your area, just as it is in mine. The trees around here were confused, and the change is spotty. With the rain and wind blowing through, we have mostly green or bare trees with just some colorful trees here and there.
Old 11-08-16, 07:57 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, GT Mountian Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
It looks like you smeared Vaseline on the lens for that soft focus look. How far has the color change gone in your area? If it's at peak, it looks like Fall is a bust, color-wise, in your area, just as it is in mine. The trees around here were confused, and the change is spotty. With the rain and wind blowing through, we have mostly green or bare trees with just some colorful trees here and there.
The bright fall colors have been gone for a month already, now it's just dull dead colors. It's been a weird fall the leaves are taking forever to drop off the trees.
Old 11-08-16, 08:31 PM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001 View Post
Voted early so I could beat the lines and get a ride in before the sun went down. Can't believe the temp today low 60's with a light wind. Way better than the 43 degrees from the other day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1WDLtUMTAs
I rode to drop off my ballot two years ago. It's silly, but it felt great to combine the two.
Old 11-09-16, 12:16 AM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I did my usual 3:00 AM ride. There was a lot of traffic today; two cars passed us and five were seen going the opposite direction. I didn't drop off my ballot until noon, by bike of course, even though I've had it for weeks. I was surprised that there was no line at the drop-off box. (Oregon is a vote by mail/drop-off only state.)