Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Tried a Copenhagen Wheel?

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Has Anyone Tried a Copenhagen Wheel?

Old 09-11-17, 01:50 PM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
2:20 to go 60 meters? What?
elevation
Old 09-11-17, 05:17 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran/Pacifist/Resister

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Liked 201 Times in 146 Posts
haven't tried one, but read in another thread (from a very experienced cyclist who had a test ride) that the acceleration from a standstill was 'more than he anticipated'.

I'm a cycling for exercise and pleasure kind of guy. Not for me.
I try to avoid things with motors and/or batteries, up to a point. Never owned an electric can opener or many such gadgets. The handlebars on my bikes are clean and free of electronic accoutrements. i even prefer my cocktails shaken not whirrred.
60s? Frejus TdF/70sFollis 072/71 Bottecchia Giro d Italia/72 Zeus Competition/78 Batavus Competition/80 Mondia Super/81 AustroDaimler Olympian/82 Harding(Holdsworth) Special/84 Pinarello Record/85 EM Corsa Extra/86 DeRosa Pro/88 Falcon Race/99 Pinarello Cadore/99 Calfee TetraPro/03 Macalu Cirrus/04 Tallerico: The less ridden = '97 CoMotion tandem + city bike, mtn bike, beach cruiser
Old 09-12-17, 09:14 AM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts
Passed one while riding around the Rose Bowl on my Hybrid. Talking to the other rider, he said he liked it, but was having some problems with it at the moment.... like wouldn't charge right and then no power and it was heavy.
Old 09-12-17, 05:08 PM
nmichell

Bikes: '05 Salsa La Raza, '13 Aluboo (bamboo) SS, '12 DaVinci Grand Junction tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like fun! My wife had an electric bike "back in the old days" -- it had a lead acid battery and weighed 75 pounds. This sounds a lot better :-)
Old 09-19-17, 01:22 PM
highrpm

Bikes: Trek FX 7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My buddy has one on his hybrid. He's been watching and waiting for it for years now, and finally got it this past summer when they started to ram up production.

The bike does feel heavy with the wheel. It was a Trek hybrid and felt like it weighed more than 50 pounds.

I rode it. It was very easy to get moving. I'd never ridden an e-bike before. The closest sensation I can think of is if you had bionic legs. Very little effort translates into a lot of acceleration.

Anyway, my buddy had knee surgery in the spring and has been riding this thing around. He tells me that he wouldn't really be able to ride a normal bike with his knee issues, but he's fine using the Copenhagen wheel.