Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   My wife isn't happy I brought home a 27 year old Redhead... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/1169544-my-wife-isnt-happy-i-brought-home-27-year-old-redhead.html)

zjrog 03-31-19 10:17 PM

My wife isn't happy I brought home a 27 year old Redhead...

Yeah, sorry to get your hopes up...
https://i581.photobucket.com/albums/...pshk9sgaal.jpg
1992 Trek 1400. I couldn't pass guys on these 27 years ago. It is a bit rough, but might clean up ok.

Yes, I have a N+1 issue..
It all started with a failed attempt at another Trek...
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ek-1000-a.html
MIssed out on that bike, and then a 1200 popped up. But was too small... Then this 1400 popped up.

OldTryGuy 04-01-19 08:52 AM

My wife isn't happy I brought home a 27 year old Redhead... April fools' !!!!

ENJOY
after some T:love:C

zjrog 04-01-19 09:04 AM

Not April Fools, but it works. At least my bringing home a bike didn't result in the need for a puppy she threatened! But, I didn't have room for ANOTHER bike at work!

Steve B. 04-01-19 09:12 AM

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks me having a 27yr. old girlfriend would be cheaper then my bike collection.

MinnMan 04-01-19 10:25 AM

Nice bike.

FWIW, I don't find those sorts of thread titles to be amusing. They harm the inclusiveness of the group. There's a reason that this subforum is overwhelmingly male.

tmac100 04-01-19 09:48 PM

Well 4 out of 5 posters seem to think the header is/was amusing. I'll wager tht there are many silent smilers out there too, but it is what it is. I also think the header is amusing, so that makes it 5 outta 6...

zjrog 04-02-19 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by MinnMan (Post 20864467)
Nice bike.

FWIW, I don't find those sorts of thread titles to be amusing. They harm the inclusiveness of the group. There's a reason that this subforum is overwhelmingly male.

My apologies for the offense. I don't go out of my way to offend, and am guilty of a warped sense of humor. As a retired Navy man, I assure you, this was quite vanilla...

Needless to say, what little I have ridden the redhead, she may become a cruel mistress... ;)

Biker395 04-02-19 09:52 AM

Personally, I was confused. I thought he got a Testarossa.

IMHO, to suggest that a small statement like that is the reason this subforum is mostly male doesn't give females very much credit. I seriously doubt most would be offended by such an innocuous statement.

BTW, nice bike. I've always thought that red is the best color for sports cars, bicycles, and high heels ... anything sexy or fast.

Lemond1985 04-02-19 10:04 AM

So just how much faster could I run if I wore red high heels? I guess it would depend on who's chasing me, if it's a retired Navy man, I might set a new PR. :eek:

Rajflyboy 04-02-19 06:46 PM

Nothing wrong with a feisty 27 year old redhead. Fun times ahead for you.

bobwysiwyg 04-02-19 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by zjrog (Post 20865917)
, I assure you, this was quite vanilla...

Needless to say, what little I have ridden the redhead, she may become a cruel mistress... ;)

Is this intended to be vanilla also? :)

Aubergine 04-02-19 08:15 PM

As a woman, I agree it is not offensive. Kind of a cliche though. But then, I also have a wife who rolls her eyes at my bike collection!

ColonelSanders 04-02-19 08:26 PM

Nice bike.

What a low opinion you have of women.

They are not so fragile.

downhillmaster 04-03-19 12:50 AM

Nice bike.

Lighten up Francis.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe any forum would be more inclusive if posters did not use the word man or woman as part of their username, MinnMan?

79pmooney 04-03-19 01:09 AM

I have a titanium fix gear named Jessica J. She is a tough mistress. And that is mistress as in the female counterpart to the male master, not a bed partner. Race quick steering. If I treat her gently, she is a sweet ride. If I am not smooth, she is wild.

Ben

zjrog 04-03-19 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 79pmooney (Post 20867240)
I have a titanium fix gear named Jessica J. She is a tough mistress. And that is mistress as in the female counterpart to the male master, not a bed partner. Race quick steering. If I treat her gently, she is a sweet ride. If I am not smooth, she is wild.

Ben

And this is exactly as my follow on comment was intended!!! No references to what happens in said relationships, that does not fit this forum.

I have ridden bikes far more demanding than any I owned. And this IS the raciest frame I've owned, and I will not likely reach it's limits before I reach well past my own...

zjrog 04-03-19 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aubergine (Post 20867036)
As a woman, I agree it is not offensive. Kind of a cliche though. But then, I also have a wife who rolls her eyes at my bike collection!

My bride of 35 years once said she gets a puppy for every bike I buy after that point... So far, she hasn't held up that end of the bargain. Or else there would be 3 more canines than the 1 I have presently...

zjrog 04-03-19 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Steve B. (Post 20864284)
I'm pretty sure my wife thinks me having a 27yr. old girlfriend would be cheaper then my bike collection.

Bikes, firearms, Jeep... hehe... At least I don't own a Harley. Yet...

zjrog 04-03-19 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 20866115)
So just how much faster could I run if I wore red high heels? I guess it would depend on who's chasing me, if it's a retired Navy man, I might set a new PR. :eek:

Ah, but I can't run anyway... Bad knee, and too much hardware in my back. But, run anyway, it would be amusing... ;)

Cyclist0108 04-09-19 12:33 PM

Nice bike.

I missed the part in the title where he specified the 27 year old was female.

Heterosexist assumption?

TiHabanero 04-09-19 04:06 PM

My wife would only be ticked off if the redhead was Italian. She knows I have a real thing for Italian beauties!

OldsCOOL 04-11-19 05:58 AM

I know this story. Some may think it rather odd but my wife was with me when this my red hot cinnamon girl was purchased for a song...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7591b903.jpeg

Lemond1985 04-11-19 06:30 AM

Hopefully this was not the song. :rolleyes:

frogbiscuit 04-11-19 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by zjrog (Post 20865917)
As a retired Navy man, I assure you, this was quite vanilla...

As a former hole snipe, it's barely worth reading....

Carry on, shipmate.

zjrog 04-11-19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL (Post 20879563)
I know this story. Some may think it rather odd but my wife was with me when this my red hot cinnamon girl was purchased for a song...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7591b903.jpeg

Aye, there is a a helluva a tease of your fine girl... Dare one ask... To see more?