Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Review the route before you ride?

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.
View Poll Results: Do you like to review the route prior to your ride?
Yes, it helps me decide if it's something I'd feel comfortable riding.
30
78.95%
No, I just show up and hope Mt Everest isn't on the route.
8
21.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Review the route before you ride?

Old 03-19-21, 06:56 AM
  #26  
gthomson
Senior Member
 
gthomson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Great White North
Posts: 764

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, Peugeot UO14, Trek 800 Anetelope, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv View Post
I've enjoyed some exotic locations and it's possible to scout out any destination with tools like Map-my-ride and Google Earth. So yes, I plan my rides.


Nice view and nice bike!!
gthomson is offline  
Old 03-19-21, 10:16 AM
  #27  
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel
 
Barrettscv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 12,285

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson View Post
Nice view and nice bike!!
I've used Map-my-Ride to help find routes is rural Italy, with excellent results;

: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/409214538

__________________
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 03-19-21 at 10:45 AM.
Barrettscv is offline  
Likes For Barrettscv:
Old 03-26-21, 01:58 AM
  #28  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 52,083

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3187 Post(s)
Liked 495 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by big john View Post
It's hard to imagine an 18% grade on any event ride without some advance notice, especially a 20 mile ride. This was a road ride?

Try riding in Tasmania! It's hard to avoid the steep hills here.
Machka is offline  
Old 03-26-21, 02:05 AM
  #29  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 52,083

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3187 Post(s)
Liked 495 Times in 287 Posts
Prior to moving to Tasmania, I used to just go!
Since moving to Tasmania, I check the routes because it is way too easy to end up on some immense climb and/or narrow gravel road.
Since Rowan's accident, we prefer quiet roads, relatively flat roads, and usually sealed or packed/smooth gravel.
Machka is offline  
Old 03-26-21, 02:18 AM
  #30  
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!
 
ooga-booga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: insane diego, california
Posts: 6,887

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 1,738 Times in 959 Posts
usually a little bit, yes, for the highlights and such, but prefer to keep a little mystery involved. often, more concerned with support than route climbing difficulties.
ooga-booga is offline  
Old 03-26-21, 02:21 AM
  #31  
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!
 
ooga-booga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: insane diego, california
Posts: 6,887

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 1,738 Times in 959 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomm Willians View Post
My wife and I decided to take a drive to check out a posted ride not too far away from our home. Thankfully we did this before riding as it was one of the most flipping dangerous routes Iíve ever seen. We did encounter a few cyclists who clearly didnít see it that way but to each their own.
Itís not always possible to drive them out but we try to if we can.
always best if you have the time and ability. not always possible but totally agree about 100% unfamiliar routes.
ooga-booga is offline  
Likes For ooga-booga:
Old 03-26-21, 09:26 AM
  #32  
big john
Senior Member
 
big john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the foothills of Los Angeles County
Posts: 18,222
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 3,164 Times in 1,755 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka View Post
Try riding in Tasmania! It's hard to avoid the steep hills here.
I'm sure there are steep hills there, but would a charity ride send riders up them on a 20 mile event? The people signing up for a 20 mile option aren't likely to be interested in steep climbs, that was my point.
big john is online now  
Likes For big john:
Old 03-27-21, 01:15 AM
  #33  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 52,083

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3187 Post(s)
Liked 495 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by big john View Post
I'm sure there are steep hills there, but would a charity ride send riders up them on a 20 mile event? The people signing up for a 20 mile option aren't likely to be interested in steep climbs, that was my point.
It would be hard to find a flat 20 miles here. I know because I'm trying to find flat 20 mile routes! I pour over maps. Rowan has difficulty climbing hills and we'd like to ride flat routes but ...
Machka is offline  
Likes For Machka:
Old 03-27-21, 07:22 AM
  #34  
John E
feros ferio
 
John E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: www.ci.encinitas.ca.us
Posts: 20,737

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked 569 Times in 404 Posts
I concur with the comments about choosing routes based on traffic safety and road design, including speed limits, bike lanes, and intersection hazards, such as right side merges and free right turns (in countries in which we drive on the right -- Machcka and Rowan need to reverse this for Tasmania ).

Hills are not a particular concern for me, because I lived in west Los Angeles when I took up serious cycling as a UCLA student, and most of my favorite rides were in the hills of Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, and Malibu.
__________________
"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." --Theodore Roosevelt
Capo: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger (2), S/N 42624, 42597
Carlton: 1962 Franco Suisse, S/N K7911
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
John E is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 07:52 AM
  #35  
big john
Senior Member
 
big john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the foothills of Los Angeles County
Posts: 18,222
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 3,164 Times in 1,755 Posts
Originally Posted by John E View Post
I concur with the comments about choosing routes based on traffic safety and road design, including speed limits, bike lanes, and intersection hazards, such as right side merges and free right turns (in countries in which we drive on the right -- Machcka and Rowan need to reverse this for Tasmania ).

Hills are not a particular concern for me, because I lived in west Los Angeles when I took up serious cycling as a UCLA student, and most of my favorite rides were in the hills of Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, and Malibu.
A lot of my favorite rides are in the Santa Monica mountains. Last Saturday we rode Mulholland from Calabasas to Westlake and down into Westlake Village. The week before we climbed Piuma and descended Stunt road. Great roads.
big john is online now  
Likes For big john:
Old 03-27-21, 10:39 AM
  #36  
billridesbikes
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked 349 Times in 208 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
I have a neighbor who started cycling after knee surgery. He got to where he could comfortably ride around 18 miles locally, then asked me if I would join him on a charity ride sponsored by a nearby cycling club. One of the routes they offered was a short 20 miles. Of course, I agreed.
On the day of the ride we checked in at the registration table and got our route cuesheet. Roads had been pre-marked with colored arrows at the turns for the various routes.
Off we went. 20 miles, most of which included climbing sections with one section at an 18+% grade. (I'll admit, some of those were 'get off and walk the bike to the top' sections.) Needless to say, we ended up totally exhausted, and spent the next day or two resting our knees (I have had knee surgery previously.) We both swore we would never sign up for a group / charity ride again, unless the route was published on something like RidewithGPS to see what kind of terrain we would be tackling.
How do you approach group / charity rides?

NOTE: section in italics edited to clarify for those conceptually challenged
Just a question: The route was either a loop (most probably) or out-n-back. What stopped you from just flipping a U-ie when faced with wall of road and heading back the other way, was the grade at mile 18~19 somehow?
billridesbikes is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 04:26 PM
  #37  
Bald Paul
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bald Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 434 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes View Post
Just a question: The route was either a loop (most probably) or out-n-back. What stopped you from just flipping a U-ie when faced with wall of road and heading back the other way, was the grade at mile 18~19 somehow?
Yes, it was a loop, and of course, the steepest climb was about 2 miles from the end.
Bald Paul is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 07:49 PM
  #38  
John E
feros ferio
 
John E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: www.ci.encinitas.ca.us
Posts: 20,737

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked 569 Times in 404 Posts
Originally Posted by big john View Post
A lot of my favorite rides are in the Santa Monica mountains. Last Saturday we rode Mulholland from Calabasas to Westlake and down into Westlake Village. The week before we climbed Piuma and descended Stunt road. Great roads.
I remember Stunt Road and Mulholland Drive very well. I bought my 1971 Nishiki Competition at Rancho Park Cycles on a Friday night and broke it in the next day by making a loop up through Griffith Park, across Mulholland Dr., and back home to Rancho Park / Cheviot Hills. Before the ride I replaced the wretched OEM padded saddle with my trusty old Ideale tensioned saddle, which prompted my riding buddy to say, "Ah -- all the discomforts of home."

I am still royally pi$$ed that they destroyed the best hill climb of them all, Tuna Canyon, by making it one way downhill.

Other favorites of mine included the Hollywood hills, Franklin Canyon, Nichols Canyon.
__________________
"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." --Theodore Roosevelt
Capo: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger (2), S/N 42624, 42597
Carlton: 1962 Franco Suisse, S/N K7911
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
John E is offline  
Old 03-27-21, 08:03 PM
  #39  
big john
Senior Member
 
big john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the foothills of Los Angeles County
Posts: 18,222
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 3,164 Times in 1,755 Posts
Originally Posted by John E View Post
I remember Stunt Road and Mulholland Drive very well. I bought my 1971 Nishiki Competition at Rancho Park Cycles on a Friday night and broke it in the next day by making a loop up through Griffith Park, across Mulholland Dr., and back home to Rancho Park / Cheviot Hills. Before the ride I replaced the wretched OEM padded saddle with my trusty old Ideale tensioned saddle, which prompted my riding buddy to say, "Ah -- all the discomforts of home."

I am still royally pi$$ed that they destroyed the best hill climb of them all, Tuna Canyon, by making it one way downhill.

Other favorites of mine included the Hollywood hills, Franklin Canyon, Nichols Canyon.
Franklin Canyon is one of my favorites in that area. Some steep climbs around there! I also like Sunset Plaza, another twisty climb on quiet roads.
big john is online now  
Likes For big john:
Old 03-27-21, 09:19 PM
  #40  
indyfabz
Senior Member
 
indyfabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 32,379
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14529 Post(s)
Liked 7,871 Times in 3,925 Posts
I always map out my tours in unfamiliar areas on RWGPS and look at Google Street View when available.
indyfabz is offline  
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 04-29-21, 03:26 PM
  #41  
epnnf
Senior Member
 
epnnf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 315

Bikes: 2016 Masi strada vita due, 2019 Kona Dew Plus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
I believe you, but its hard to imagine 18%. Some of the roads around here are maybe 10%, for only a few hundred yards. And this is supposed to be a hilly part of the country.
I do not preview routes. I guess its all the same.
epnnf is offline  
Old 04-30-21, 02:29 PM
  #42  
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer
 
Biker395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,238

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 312 Posts
If I suspect the ride will be difficult for me, I'd scope it out first. If not, I would just do it (waiting for the cease and desist letter from Nike).
__________________
Proud parent of a happy inner child ...

Biker395 is offline  
Old 05-09-21, 04:37 PM
  #43  
Inusuit
Senior Member
 
Inusuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: SE Wyoming
Posts: 267

Bikes: 1987 Diamondback Ascent, 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 104 Posts
About 50% of my miles are on gravel country roads. I use Google Earth Pro to evaluate new routes as it gives an elevation profile. I have also driven unknown back roads and new routes. Most routes are relatively remote, so no cafe stops or Google street views.

In the first 17 miles of today's ride, I met no vehicles and was passed three times. Saw one other bicycle.
Inusuit is offline  
Old 05-09-21, 05:58 PM
  #44  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,634
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
First, I never said there were 10 climbs. Second, the 18% was the steepest section, not all climbs.
I'll try to word things more concisely in the future.
You said “most of which had climbing sections”. This suggest quite a few climbs. 10? 5? It’s not clear.

An 18% grade on any organized ride would be unusual.

An 18% grade on a organized 20 mile ride is borderline unbelievable. Such a short ride is targeting newer/novice riders.

What’s the website for the ride?

Last edited by njkayaker; 05-09-21 at 06:02 PM.
njkayaker is offline  
Old 05-10-21, 10:29 AM
  #45  
Bald Paul
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bald Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 434 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker View Post
An 18% grade on a organized 20 mile ride is borderline unbelievable. Such a short ride is targeting newer/novice riders.
(sigh)
That was precisely the point of my post. Here, let me recap for you - My friend, new to cycling, asked me to join him on the ride, thinking a 20 mile ride would be geared towards newer riders. Had the route been made available beforehand, we would not have participated. Is this such a difficult concept to read and comprehend?

p.s.: here's another example of a local ride elevation chart from RWGPS. No, I didn't sign up for this one.

Last edited by Bald Paul; 05-10-21 at 11:03 AM.
Bald Paul is offline  
Old 05-10-21, 01:01 PM
  #46  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,634
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
(sigh)
That was precisely the point of my post. Here, let me recap for you - My friend, new to cycling, asked me to join him on the ride, thinking a 20 mile ride would be geared towards newer riders. Had the route been made available beforehand, we would not have participated. Is this such a difficult concept to read and comprehend?
You aren't providing enough information about the rather unusual situation for people here to evaluate it.

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
p.s.: here's another example of a local ride elevation chart from RWGPS. No, I didn't sign up for this one.
???

It doesn't look like a screen shot from RWGPS.

Was this one of the rides at the event?

These events are open to the public. How hard is it to provide a link to the webpage for the event?

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
NOTE: section in italics edited to clarify for those conceptually challenged

Last edited by njkayaker; 05-10-21 at 01:08 PM.
njkayaker is offline  
Old 05-11-21, 06:05 AM
  #47  
Bald Paul
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bald Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 434 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker View Post
You aren't providing enough information about the rather unusual situation for people here to evaluate it.


???

It doesn't look like a screen shot from RWGPS.

Was this one of the rides at the event?

These events are open to the public. How hard is it to provide a link to the webpage for the event?


I'm going to humor you one more time before you go on my IGNORE list. (Feel free to do the same to me.)
Here's more information:
The route was a loop. There were left and right turns interspersed with straight sections of road. The surface was asphalt in reasonably good shape. I consumed approximately 21.3 oz of water during the ride. Tires were inflated to approximately 90 PSI. Now, punch all that into your supercomputer to determine if, IN GENERAL, you would prefer being able to preview the route before deciding to ride it.
Look at a route on RWGPS. Click the GRADE tab at the bottom. Expand the area you want to look at in detail. See? It really is a screenshot! No, the grade example posted was a local ride where the route WAS provided on RWGPS, and after looking at it, I decided NOT to attempt it.
It's extremely difficult to provide a link to the webpage for an event that occurred several years ago, and was advertised via a flyer posted in the LBS.

Now, I'm not answering any more questions until my lawyer arrives.
Bald Paul is offline  
Old 05-11-21, 07:11 AM
  #48  
njkayaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,634
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
I'm going to humor you one more time before you go on my IGNORE list. (Feel free to do the same to me.)
Here's more information:
The route was a loop. There were left and right turns interspersed with straight sections of road. The surface was asphalt in reasonably good shape. I consumed approximately 21.3 oz of water during the ride. Tires were inflated to approximately 90 PSI. Now, punch all that into your supercomputer to determine if, IN GENERAL, you would prefer being able to preview the route before deciding to ride it.
Look at a route on RWGPS. Click the GRADE tab at the bottom. Expand the area you want to look at in detail. See? It really is a screenshot! No, the grade example posted was a local ride where the route WAS provided on RWGPS, and after looking at it, I decided NOT to attempt it.
It's extremely difficult to provide a link to the webpage for an event that occurred several years ago, and was advertised via a flyer posted in the LBS.

Now, I'm not answering any more questions until my lawyer arrives.
???

You are still bothered by this thing that happened years ago?

If you have access to the route, why wouldn't you look at it?

Do you really need to have people to tell you that?

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
Here's more information:<list of useless and irrrelevent info>
Useless.

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
It's extremely difficult to provide a link to the webpage for an event that occurred several years ago, and was advertised via a flyer posted in the LBS.
It might not be difficult at all. No event name? No organization name? No location?

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
Look at a route on RWGPS. Click the GRADE tab at the bottom. Expand the area you want to look at in detail. See?
??? How can I look at a route you haven't provided a link to?

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
See? It really is a screenshot!
It's obviously a screen shot of something.

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
No, the grade example posted was a local ride where the route WAS provided on RWGPS, ....
What?? It's a screen of some completely different ride??

Last edited by njkayaker; 05-11-21 at 10:38 AM.
njkayaker is offline  
Old 05-11-21, 07:19 AM
  #49  
unterhausen
Randomhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1,900 Times in 1,354 Posts
sometimes you can find a ride on Strava or RWGPS even though the organizers didn't post a map. Or ask the organizers if they have the route posted online.

To be perfectly honest, I don't trust organizers not to put me on a drag strip without shoulders, so I'm fairly careful about checking the route ahead of time.
unterhausen is offline  
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 05-11-21, 10:22 AM
  #50  
superdex
staring at the mountains
 
superdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Castle Pines, CO
Posts: 4,461

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship, Spesh Crux, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 80 Posts
I wouldn't sign up for an organized ride that didn't have the route published in some way such that it can be previewed. And yes, absolutely I preview. Strava/RideWGPS, etc. I actually tend to get a little ocd about trying to visualize the ride and its difficulty in the week(s) leading up to the event.
superdex is offline  
Likes For superdex:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.