Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry...suitable...available ?

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 05-08-21, 02:26 PM
roybatythighs

Bikes: Nigel Dean World Tour Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi, my Wife is thinking about starting some gentle riding again ,... and thus a new Bike, she has very limited mobility , is on the heavy side and has not ridden in over 30 years - so a very low entry bike is essential - (the Saracen in the garage is not viable for now) does anyone have experience with the aforementioned Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry Bike? And does anyone happen to know any stores in the Philadelphia area that carry them. My own bike is an Allez but my LBS (Riverbend cycles in Conshohocken) closed for good early last year :-(

Cheers
Old 05-08-21, 02:35 PM
Iride01
Hits [ENTER] b4 thinking

Bikes: '20 Tarmac Disc Comp '91 Schwinn Paramount '78 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2792 Post(s)
Liked 1,427 Times in 1,040 Posts
Looks like a nice bike for leisurely riding. Not a fan of those handlebars, but probably will be comfortable enough. Make certain it's what the wife wants.

Specialized website will tell you if any of their dealers near by have that bike in stock. All you have to do is pick a size and put your zip code in.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...-184490&size=M

Closest to me is in Columbus GA, 301.8 miles away according to them.
Old 05-09-21, 07:29 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 362 Times in 231 Posts
No experience with the Roll, but I have seen posts on the forum and people seem to like theirs. Others you may want to check out are made by Giant, under Liv branding-Liv is their "female" oriented bikes, for ex.: Women's Commuter and Hybrid City Bikes | Liv Cycling United States (liv-cycling.com)
And I'm not pushing one brand over another, Trek also makes Verve models which might suit: Verve | Trek Bikes
You may need to choose which is available and which bike shop will provide the best service.

Last edited by freeranger; 05-09-21 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-09-21, 08:10 AM
rwhillman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have one and like it. Stable, not sporty. 650B tires provide a very soft ride and nice feeling of stability. I bought the "Sport" model (disc brakes) a couple of years ago as a re-entry bike having not ridden in decades. I put about 3,000 miles on it before deciding to get a road bike. From what you say, it sounds like it would be a good fit for your wife.
Old 05-09-21, 11:01 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked 519 Times in 282 Posts
The Specialized website is not always correct. Call the dealer before purchase. I know this because we are a dealer and have had to disappoint a few people already this spring.
Likes For TiHabanero: