Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

How can you not have fun

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

How can you not have fun

Old 09-17-21, 06:50 PM
  #1  
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good
Thread Starter
 
ZIPP2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 1,488

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 266 Posts
How can you not have fun

Well it's Half Day Friday and that means Field Trip Friday. It's off to my old backyard playground for 3+ hour of fun in the woods. I decided to go visit an area that I haven't been to in a year and a half. Much to my surprise someone has cleared up a trail that I wanted to ride on. It was hard to remember it because I was looking for fallen trees to roll over and low branches to duck under as in past rides. They are all gone now so that threw me off a bit and plenty of loose spots from the motorcycles running out here now. The trail conditions were a tad tougher because of rain the day before. How can you not have fun spending time deep out in the woods with no one around.
ZIPP2001 is offline  
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 09-18-21, 09:57 AM
  #2  
Wildwood
Veteran, Pacifist
 
Wildwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 11,271

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2921 Post(s)
Liked 2,078 Times in 1,113 Posts
Mud is an acquired taste?
Wildwood is offline  
Likes For Wildwood:
Old 09-24-21, 11:14 AM
  #3  
pbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,053

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check singlespeed, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
For me the pavement is just a necessary evil that leads to the dirt and nature...and fewer people!
pbass is offline  
Likes For pbass:
Old 09-24-21, 11:32 AM
  #4  
Riveting
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 1,098

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked 366 Times in 209 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001 View Post
How can you not have fun spending time deep out in the woods with no one around.
I'm a die-hard roadie, but nothing brings a smile to my face like technical mtb, especially on a desolate muddy trail where there's nobody around to hear me swearing at the slippery mud or the low tree branches slashing my face, arms, hands, and legs. How CAN you not have fun?!!!

Last edited by Riveting; 09-24-21 at 11:40 AM.
Riveting is offline  
Likes For Riveting:
Old 09-25-21, 05:20 PM
  #5  
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good
Thread Starter
 
ZIPP2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 1,488

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by pbass View Post
For me the pavement is just a necessary evil that leads to the dirt and nature...and fewer people!
Nothing like getting out away from everything and everybody, and just take in the nature at it's finest.
ZIPP2001 is offline  
Old 09-25-21, 05:20 PM
  #6  
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good
Thread Starter
 
ZIPP2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 1,488

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting View Post
I'm a die-hard roadie, but nothing brings a smile to my face like technical mtb, especially on a desolate muddy trail where there's nobody around to hear me swearing at the slippery mud or the low tree branches slashing my face, arms, hands, and legs. How CAN you not have fun?!!!
Hit the nail on the head there !
ZIPP2001 is offline  
Old 10-05-21, 04:08 AM
  #7  
peterws
Senior Member
 
peterws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Near Lancaster
Posts: 441

Bikes: Carrera Virtuoso and friend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
You have fun on any bike, anywhere. I get mine on the hills leading out of town. These days, same course. Been doin' it for the last twenty years; the road's been resufaced (partially) once. Now the Gym's still out of bounds (my choice) that hill dances to the tune of my tyres. Towards the end it levels out, I can up a couple of gears and give it full bore.
I just love it. It's one of my better addictions . . . .

btw, I've been busy lately so I've not been on this site. Hope you're all keeping well!
peterws is offline  
Likes For peterws:
Old 10-06-21, 06:51 PM
  #8  
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good
Thread Starter
 
ZIPP2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 1,488

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by peterws View Post
You have fun on any bike, anywhere. I get mine on the hills leading out of town. These days, same course. Been doin' it for the last twenty years; the road's been resufaced (partially) once. Now the Gym's still out of bounds (my choice) that hill dances to the tune of my tyres. Towards the end it levels out, I can up a couple of gears and give it full bore.
I just love it. It's one of my better addictions . . . .

btw, I've been busy lately so I've not been on this site. Hope you're all keeping well!
i agree any bike anywhere is what it's all about, Just Ride !
ZIPP2001 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.